Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Friend »

GreyICE, I don't really understand your complaint against me. It's not like I've been posting silverbullet-level fluff everywhere, and I'm not an aggressive, dickish player.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Empking »

silverbullet999 wrote:Empking expand.
Your reads are exactly the same (and in the same order) as mine. Just wierd.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

Friend wrote:GreyICE, I don't really understand your complaint against me. It's not like I've been posting silverbullet-level fluff everywhere, and I'm not an aggressive, dickish player.
Lemme see if I can summarize my complaint easily. I'm going to do a bit of a quote wall, but there's a reason.

I'm going to separate your posts into three different categories.

1) Vaguely making other people look suspicious
2) Asking questions that you never follow up or post reasons for
3) Buddying

I'll then post any anomalies after.

Vague Suspicion
Friend wrote:But Pine, none of these votes are truly random - you're making a conscious decision to vote who you want to vote for.
Pine definitely seems like he's trying too hard (and I concur with the lack of wall-reading). That sarcastic response wasn't good either.
DLG does too but I've played with him before and that might just be his meta. I just think it's hypocritical to call people out for not offering anything when all he's done is tell people to offer things.
Friend wrote:Oh, and bad in a poor play way, with a hint of scumminess.
(about DLG)
Friend wrote:ConfidAnon's vote for AGar after this game has only been going on for about a day is troubling to me, especially after the tossed-away THB vote.
Friend wrote:
unvote: DLG
vote: ConfidAnon

My vote seems better placed here.
Cookie, I didn't like what AGar said - AGar wasn't lurking. It had been one day. He voted for AGar for lurking. It doesn't add up.
Blatant sheeping of another case. Oh wait, AGar didn't make a case. He posted a lazy rallying call in the thread to 'start a wagon.' You went "Okay, sounds like a good idea!"

Questions with little/no followup
Friend wrote:Pine, why don't you like random voting stages when you're implying that you can gain information out of these "not-so-innocent" votes?
Cookie, what do you mean by weak?
Buddying
Friend wrote:Also, hi everyone I know and everyone I don't. Looking forward to awesomeness.
Friend wrote:Oh my god, thank you.
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Grey voting NL is a nulltell, btw.
~Pie
Agree with this by the way. I don't think pacman's vote is good at all.
With a note that it belongs in suspicion too.

Other
Friend wrote:C-Worl, can you get an avatar? It makes it easier for everyone to recognize you.
Friend wrote:DLG, Cookie.
Friend wrote:Meh.
I still think my vote for DLG is solid.
(Response to my vote... how is his case on DLG solid? It doesn't exist)
Friend wrote:Getting a huge newbtown vibe from C-Worl.
(Very safe 'designated town read')

I don't need aggressiveness. What I want is interaction, and you're just floating.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:37 am

Post by AGar »

I can do this.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ConfidAnon
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:41 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Don't say I didn't warn you about the head slam...
Pine & Cworl- not the above reasons posted by others... but both of them saying i'm going to bed, makes me feel like they are secretly communicating with eachother to tell each of them that they won't be available later on. It's like they are trying to defend themselves from worrying that a case would be built on them while they are away thus to insure against that they state that they will be away.
*proceed with head slamming now to hearts content*
winger- post 131

Preview Edit:
Empking
-fair enough
... People were right it seems....
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Friend »

Oh wait, my post about ConfidAnon came before AGar. Huh, reverse sheeping?

Little to no follow-up about the "weak" vote? He answered, I responded. There's definitely been follow-up.

And I never knew being Friend-ly (heh get it) was buddying.

You're also totally missing out on silverbullet suspicions. Your case is complete bullshit. Just because I'm brief doesn't make me scum.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:44 am

Post by C-Worl »

I think I missed something so I'll go back and look but why exactly are people voting ConfidAnon, cuz I'm not seeing very many reasons.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:47 am

-Friend

top 3 scum suspects...

gogogo
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:49 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

105 is almost too stupid to be scummy... I'll give C-Worl a newb pass for the time being. Plus, my vote'll do better here:

Unvote, Vote: Pine

Still wouldn't mind a C-Worl wagon though, and I could be convinced to join Confid's wagon - his discarded vote of us did have better reasoning than his AGar vote, but that's the only scummy thing I noticed about his post. I'll go back and read it again later to see if I'm missing something.

*headdesk @ 154*

~Pie
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Wraith »

Good god people, you post fast.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

Friend wrote:
Oh wait, my post about ConfidAnon came before AGar. Huh, reverse sheeping?

Little to no follow-up about the "weak" vote? He answered, I responded. There's definitely been follow-up.
And I never knew being Friend-ly (heh get it) was buddying.
You're also totally missing out on silverbullet suspicions. Your case is complete bullshit. Just because I'm brief doesn't make me scum.
unvote: DLG
vote: ConfidAnon
My vote seems better placed here.
Cookie, I didn't like what AGar said - AGar wasn't lurking.
It had been one day. He voted for AGar for lurking. It doesn't add up.
Interesting. So you weren't building off what AGar said. So you have a case independent?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Wraith »

Okay, first off I'm going to say right now that I will have difficulty keeping up with this Day One.

Second off, I've caught up, roughly, but the only real read I have right now is AGarTown.

Third off
Spoiler: LOLMath
Because I suck at math, I use practical examples. C-Worl mentioned earlier that if you cut a pie into three equal pieces you'll still have a whole pie when you put them back together. Wrong. You'll have a whole pie - minus the cuts where the knife took small parts of the pie.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:09 am

hmmmm....

VOTE: wraith
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:09 am

Post by DLG »

@ Mod: Has diddin confirmed, yet?

VOTE: Pine
I already pointed out the contradiction between "Hi, everyone, I'm SuperTownie, fluff, fluff." Since then,
Pine wrote:Note that that's not a FOS, per se, just wariness.
You cannot possibly waffle anymore than this on someone.
Pine wrote:It is clear to me that this adaptation of live strategy is not being received well in this crowd, and I'm now scrambling to adjust to water that is suddenly over my head.
Pine wrote:TL;DR: I've gone from being a big fish in a small pond to medium at best in a big pond. Stuff that's been effective for me in the past no longer is. I'm going to scale back the aggressiveness of my style, and would like you all to cut me a small but reasonable amount of slack. I'm going to try and pipe down a bit for the next day or two, and figure out how to appropriately integrate. I'm not going to do anyone any good by getting lynched on Day One for not knowing how to play with the big kids.
This is just scum looking to survive and blend in. Any townie with the ego of Pine's first post would just say "Fuck y'all, this is how I do it, deal with it!" Well, probably not that concisely, but that would be the theme.
Here's some more of that mindset.
Pine wrote:I objected to Jerbs lack of, well, anything in his post. I just didn't feel it was a good idea to go apeshit on his vote against me. Hence my mixed-signals, sarcastic response.
And, you have got to be kidding me with this discussion of 2+2=4. Pine needs to hang. Right now.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Empking »

FoS: Silver
- I see the logic in his last post but it seems wierd that all the other weren't worthy of a vote but Wraith was.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:57 am

Post by [winger] »

silverbullet999 wrote:I'll admit that for now.

1.pine
2.cworl
3. [winger]

in no particular order
So, all newbies?
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Calcifer »

Hi, all. Just a warning--I'm going to be letting Nacho do a lot of the posting for a while, while I try to sort something out in the game. Trust me; it'll be worth it.
The problem I'm having is an issue that Nacho and I had to a limited extent last game, though it wasn't a huge issue. Parama and Empking might be able to guess what it is, but I'd prefer not to say. Anyway, reading the game, gathering and re-analyzing my notes, etc. (Meta'll have to wait.)
-Mastin
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Slaxx »

Diddin has confirmed but has not yet posted.

VC 1.03

Not Voting
: diddin, Wraith
C-worl (2)
: [winger], Pine
Friend (2)
: GreyICE
Cookie_of_Death
: Calcifer
GreyICE
: Evilpacman18
Pine (4)
: Jerbs, Empking, TwoHeadedBoy, DLG
Jerbs
: Cookie_of_Death
AGar
: ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon (3)
: nhammen, Parama, AGar
Calcifer
: C-worl
silverbullet999
: Friend
Wraith
: silverbullet999

Deadline is in 12 days, 10 hours.
19 alive, 10 to lynch.
Last edited by Slaxx on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

Calcifer wrote:Hi, all. Just a warning--I'm going to be letting Nacho do a lot of the posting for a while, while I try to sort something out in the game. Trust me; it'll be worth it.
The problem I'm having is an issue that Nacho and I had to a limited extent last game, though it wasn't a huge issue. Parama and Empking might be able to guess what it is, but I'd prefer not to say. Anyway, reading the game, gathering and re-analyzing my notes, etc. (Meta'll have to wait.)
-Mastin
You posted a wall so long it crashed Quicktopics and now you can't access your hydra thread?

:lol:
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Pine »

Spoiler: In my defense
Good god. Have a nice 10-hour spring break sleep and wake up to a lynch mob.

Re: Going to bed-Seriously? I went to bed. There were a couple of hours of intense back-and-forth, and by the time it was getting into the early AMs, I had had enough. I was declaring my intent not to respond to anything for a while, as I'd be unconscious. Regardless of the fact that I played Starcraft 2 for a while before actually going to sleep.

@DLG: Your reasons boil down to 1) Expressing uncertainty 2) Taking a blow to my ego and actually learning from it and 3) The math discussion, which I didn't actually start, got goaded into, and have tried repeatedly to suppress or end. I'm not sure whether this is tunnel vision or whether you're just squinting as hard as you can in order to make the case you've already decided upon.

Re: Trying too hard: Yeah, I was. So now that I'm trying to back off, as half the thread was clamoring for me to do, it's even more suspicious? I don't get you people. Simply put, I've made mistakes regardless of my alignment. As Town, I've pissed people off and let ego get in the way, and distract people from hunting actual scum. As Mafia, I've gotten too greedy and too obvious. As SK, I've stuck my neck out way too far and gotten noticed. As some other third or fourth party...well, it'd depend on the role, but it still isn't good.

My actions thus far have included a lot of
mistakes
. I screwed up early, and of course I'm trying to fix things now. I put myself into a lose/lose/lose position, and which 'lose' I'm in depends only on alignment. Bad for Town and bad for scum=novice errors. Null tells.

Right now, I'm taking on water. I'll return to actual scumhunting once I've bailed out and gotten back on course. I've noticed things, but I don't think they'd be taken seriously by about half the group right now.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Calcifer »

Nah. I'm in the PROCESS of writing a Wall. :P

You'll preferably not see it and only get the results. Needless to say, I've just done a quick skim to get caught up; part of what I'm doing will be going into more detail about every single player here, to help sort things out.

(Also, cool Hydra name. :P)
Anyway, *logs out and begins his long work*
This'll take a while.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:04 am

Had a plan.. going to diverge from it

VOTE: Pine

-Pine
It only takes 4 to lynch?
I was declaring my intent not to respond to anything for a while, as I'd be unconscious.
That's the point... you worried about people getting on you for not responding asap. A worry that tends from pressure.
Right now, I'm taking on water. I'll return to actual scumhunting once I've bailed out and gotten back on course. I've noticed things, but I don't think they'd be taken seriously by about half the group right now.
As it only takes half + 1 to reach a lynch... I'd suggest you scum hunt rather than worry about yourself.

-Emp
FoS: Silver - I see the logic in his last post but it seems wierd that all the other weren't worthy of a vote but Wraith was.
Look at wraith's first game in mafia scum.

-Winger
So, all newbies?
Aren't defenses of i'm just a noob more or less supposed to be thought of through the player himself?
Are you yourself claiming a newbcard or nay?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:09 am

Post by GreyICE »

Pine wrote:
Spoiler: In my defense

Re: Going to bed-Seriously? I went to bed. There were a couple of hours of intense back-and-forth, and by the time it was getting into the early AMs, I had had enough. I was declaring my intent not to respond to anything for a while, as I'd be unconscious. Regardless of the fact that I played Starcraft 2 for a while before actually going to sleep.

@DLG: Your reasons boil down to 1) Expressing uncertainty 2) Taking a blow to my ego and actually learning from it and 3) The math discussion, which I didn't actually start, got goaded into, and have tried repeatedly to suppress or end. I'm not sure whether this is tunnel vision or whether you're just squinting as hard as you can in order to make the case you've already decided upon.

Re: Trying too hard: Yeah, I was. So now that I'm trying to back off, as half the thread was clamoring for me to do, it's even more suspicious? I don't get you people. Simply put, I've made mistakes regardless of my alignment. As Town, I've pissed people off and let ego get in the way, and distract people from hunting actual scum. As Mafia, I've gotten too greedy and too obvious. As SK, I've stuck my neck out way too far and gotten noticed. As some other third or fourth party...well, it'd depend on the role, but it still isn't good.

My actions thus far have included a lot of
mistakes
. I screwed up early, and of course I'm trying to fix things now. I put myself into a lose/lose/lose position, and which 'lose' I'm in depends only on alignment. Bad for Town and bad for scum=novice errors. Null tells.

I'm interested. I prefer tedious explanation to be accompanied by lots of scumhunting.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Calcifer »

I just had the sudden realization that Pine is confirmed town--
Everyone needs to get off of Pine,
NOW

Just...trust me. My scum reads aren't always the most reliable.

But this? This is my strongest town read I can remember--and those are never wrong. Pine is town. Period, end of discussion. Get. Off.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 am

Post by GreyICE »

^^

Good posting.

Wagon me for a while if you're bored, people. EmpKing is always up for that.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”