Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Wraith »

AGar wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:Image
Is he bad at StarCraft?
Stop making me feel bad! ;_;
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Jerbs »

V/LA till monday
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by nhammen »

And I am done with my tests. Catching up now.

Calcifer wrote:Oh, and I take back what I said before. I'm not going to post the reasons (they're quite insane), but I'll give you my conclusions.

{C-Worl, Cookie, Friend, winger} contains at least one--probably two--scum.

Empking is town.
AGar is town.
ConfidAnon is leaning-town.
Parama is probably town.
DLG is town.
Pine is neutral. I want him to be town, because if he is, then awesomeness will follow. :)

-Mastin.
Calcifer wrote:
nhammen wrote:VOTE: ConfidAnon
For killing me in NY 118.
evilpacman18 wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
Vote: evilpacman18

He's clearly evil. It's in his name.
Oh man. I've never heard that one before.
Is that all you two have to say?!?
Apparently it was. Although that was mainly because I was in a rush at the time of my post. (And I was excited to finally get to random vote someone for killing me in a previous game). Personally, I'm a little leery of the way you said that those reads were insane, because if they are insane, why post them? But I also jumped on another player that did the same thing in another recent game. I don't remember how it turned out, which probably means he was town. Honestly, I can't read the RVS until half the players have flipped, so I don't see how you had any confidence in those reads on page 1.
GreyICE wrote:OOH, RQS:

Whose hitting "show" on the mastwalls?
I'm hitting show, but skimming them... I can't bring myself to read that kind of thing.
Cookie_of_Death wrote:
Jerbs wrote:
Vote: Pine

He's scum
I don't like this post.

It smells funny.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Jerbs
I can agree with that; although I personally would have asked a question about why Jerbs thinks that he is scum along with the vote. So, Jerbs, why do you think that Pine is scum?
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Oh hey, the game started.
Vote: Pine

His rambling is giving me scummy vibes.

Grey voting NL is a nulltell, btw.

~Pie
A) Is that all you have to say about the game so far?
B) Did you really have to make sure we knew that you found Grey's vote to be a nulltell? Why?
evilpacman18 wrote:D1 suggestions of no lynch makes me want to hurt myself plus he admitted to only doing it because it's consistent with his town meta. Worrying about meta consistency = scum.
Good point about worrying about meta. Except scum don't worry quite so openly. They are subtle about it. And he seemed to be more trying to mess with Calcifer's head than trying to be consistent with town play. So I personally don't believe that this was a scumtell. So actually, that's kind of a bad point.
Calcifer wrote:Sorry Mastin, but I'm sure you'll approve of this one.
Unvote, Vote: Cookie of Death

The first scum of the day and it smells so good. Smells like hypocrites and cinnamon, wouldn't you agree?
Hey, you are right! Didn't even see that, but now that you mention it, that was a particularly hypocritical vote. Any explanation Cookie?
[winger] wrote:
DLG wrote:If you're going to sell yourself as hyperTownie, I'd expect the unrelated fluff-n-stuff to disappear. Is anything grabbing your attention, yet?
This seems to be jumping the gun a bit… Pine made two comments during the random stage, and yet DLG is telling him not to do that. I don't see DLG making the same comments towards any of the other "fluff-n-stuff" posts during RVS.
This is also a good point that I had missed. I'd like to know why DLG focused on Pine like this.
[winger] wrote:And I definitely don't like Calcifer's vote on Cookie at this stage in the game. Granted, I'm not a fan of Cookie's open dissent with Jerbs' vote on Pine, but I don't think a vote followed by a bold declaration of scum is appropriate. That being said, I'm getting a vague town vibe from the Calcifer slot.
You commented on Cookie's vote yourself in the same post. Why is it worthy of a comment but not a vote? I have recently been acquainted with the fact that Calcifer appears town rather easily, so I am not making a read yet.
[winger] wrote:Additionally: there are too many players who haven't posted enough/at all to be declaring that someone is decidedly scum yet.
Oh, I see. D1 is a bit of a crapshoot, but if nobody ever made any such accusations, then the game would get precisely nowhere.
Cookie_of_Death wrote:
Nacho wrote:Sorry Mastin, but I'm sure you'll approve of this one.
Unvote, Vote: Cookie of Death
The first scum of the day and it smells so good. Smells like hypocrites and cinnamon, wouldn't you agree?
Tsk, tsk, nacho. You know what they say about assuming...

The lack of an explanation actually isn't the worst part of the post. The fact that it's on a townish target and it comes at a time when there's a lot of annoying feelings eminating from Pine is the worst part. Also, unless Jerbs is trying out a new playstyle, I don't remember him being somebody who usually flippantly states that someone is scum and slaps down a vote, but I'm willing to write this point off.
Glad you posted that explanation. Looks good. Why didn't you post that in the first place?
C-Worl wrote:Those who don't open there thoughts up to the rest of town are scum. Give reasons for your list Calcifer. Also, I've seen very little value in any of Pine's posts and his sensitivity to everyone is lolable. Parama asking Mastin to explain himself is in no way paranoa. Don't post a list of scumspects unless you plan on explaining it. Winger is a hypocrite for harping on Pine's long posts when his last one was humongous.

Here's my list of scumspect though. (Calcifer and Pine)

Calcifer: For making an initial list of scumspects with no reasoning. I don't care if the reasons are retarded not giving any is scumtastic.

Pine: For his arrogant, long, and mostly pointless posts.
C-Worl wrote:Oh and

Unvote

No need for my original joke vote to remain when we have prime scumspects coming out of the wood work now.
An unvote, but no vote when you have two scum suspects? Why?

Cool, Two Headed Boy saw the same thing.

-----bottom of page 3-----
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Calcifer »

My reasoning might be insane, but my conclusions are not.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by nhammen »

C-Worl wrote:
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
So you're scum waiting to see which bandwagon forms first. Good to know.

Unvote, Vote: C-Worl

~Pie
No, if that were true I would've voted Pine who had 3 votes on him at the time. I'm legit giving them a chance to respond before I vote.
At this point, I honestly haven't been keeping track of the sizes of bandwagons (too much to keep up with). But then again...
Could you explain why you noticed the sizes of the wagons like this?
Friend wrote:ConfidAnon's vote for AGar after this game has only been going on for about a day is troubling to me, especially after the tossed-away THB vote.
Ummm... why is that the only thing you have to comment on, more than anything else? Also, what is troubling about it?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Friend »

So guys, which is better - trying to defend myself and getting shot down mercilessly by the asshole-ish nature of Calcifer, or simply doing nothing and letting myself get lynched anyways? Either way I feel like my lynching is gonna be a hell of an "I-told-you-so" moment for town and might sway this game. I'm totally fine with getting lynched.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Calcifer »

Friend wrote:So guys, which is better - trying to defend myself and getting shot down mercilessly by the asshole-ish nature of Calcifer, or simply doing nothing and letting myself get lynched anyways? Either way I feel like my lynching is gonna be a hell of an "I-told-you-so" moment for town and might sway this game. I'm totally fine with getting lynched.
So, this is more evidence Friend is scum.

The correct town answer is "scumhunt". Not defend yourself, not lurk your way out of getting lynched.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Friend »

Yeah, but when I try to scumhunt you criticize my style. What's the point?
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by nhammen »

so, the tl;dr version of page 5: c-worl goes on a crazy anti-Calcifer attack, and pine and c-worl suck at math, and GreyICE is the only person that has even heard of calculus. On a side note, I am a math grad student, and you could not be more wrong Pine. What is with all of the fluff on pg 5?
Empking wrote:
FoS: C-Worl
- Too many fluff posts.
So, you call C-Worl's anti-Calcifer crusade fluff? That looks like actual content. I am having trouble deciding whether that content is newb town or newb scum, but that is definitely newb play of some type. But fluff? No. That was the only content for the entirety of page 5,and you call it fluff?

Both Empking and AGar have accused Pine of trying too hard. His walls have been a it dense, but I haven't seen any scumtells within (possibly due to this density). Oh god, I am now going to have to go and iso him, aren't I? ... Could someone else do that?
Friend wrote:
unvote, vote: silverbullet999

Actually, that last post reminded me of how useless he was. He's done nothing at all, but he's been here.

Silver, top 3 scumreads?
Good point from Friend. I don't remember anything that silver has done. Not that that says much on page 6.
silverbullet999 wrote:Don't say I didn't warn you about the head slam...
Pine & Cworl- not the above reasons posted by others... but both of them saying i'm going to bed, makes me feel like they are secretly communicating with eachother to tell each of them that they won't be available later on. It's like they are trying to defend themselves from worrying that a case would be built on them while they are away thus to insure against that they state that they will be away.
*proceed with head slamming now to hearts content*
winger- post 131

Preview Edit:
Empking
-fair enough
My jaw just dropped so hard that it went into the ground and came out on the other side of the earth. Seriously? Seriously? Oh god, can you actually at least try?
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:105 is almost too stupid to be scummy... I'll give C-Worl a newb pass for the time being. Plus, my vote'll do better here:

Unvote, Vote: Pine
Why?
silverbullet999 wrote:hmmmm....

VOTE: wraith
Really? Care to expand on that?

@DLG 163: That is a good case against Pine, and if nothing else comes by the end of my catch up, I will most likely vote him for what is presented in this case.
[winger] wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:I'll admit that for now.

1.pine
2.cworl
3. [winger]

in no particular order
So, all newbies?
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that.

@Pine 169: Not sure if this is tunnel vision based on DLG's post, but it seems to me you are being quite defensive here.

Actually, now that I mention it, I was recently in a newbie game, and there was an extremely defensive player there that turned out to be town. Hmmm... I guess I shouldn't be using defensiveness as a scumtell with newbies as much as I do with experienced players, because it is more likely to catch newb town than newb scum.

@Calcifer 173: Are you seeing the same thing I am?

@Jerbs 189: I don't like the fact that you vote for Pine, and then wait for everyone else to come up with reasons before posting those exact same reasons. Especially when many of those reasons didn't even EXIST at the time of his original vote.

-----bottom of Page 8-----

Will post more after dinner (probably)
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by nhammen »

Antihero wrote:diddin's Pine vote doesn't bother me as much as the fact that last post seems like he's just taking a few random quotes and sniping at pretty insignificant things.
To be honest, I have noticed a few people snipe at insignificant things, but I have been forcing myself to ignore some of this, because it's DAY ONE. That's what happens on day one because people don't have information. However, I agree that this was sniping at small things. I just don't think that it has much significance. There are better day 1 tells, like voting first and then only using explanations provided by later players (Jerbs), or posting fluff (multiple people).
C-Worl wrote:
Vote: GreyICE
I just isoed you and used ctrl-f to see if you had mentioned GreyICE before this. The answer: two times. One was for the math thing. The other was for a question asking if he had a problem with your logic. So what is the reason for this vote (near the top of page 9)?
Friend wrote:Silverbullet, you really need more on you? You've done nothing this game. AT ALL.

Wagon on silverbullet. Now people.
I'm thinkin on that.
silverbullet999 wrote:-Friend
Silver, your recent posts were alright, but it took way too much prodding to get them there.
Wasn't the only prodding the one post where you voted me...
C-Worl/Silver, before you taking GreyICE's word for it that I'm not doing anything, can you please read my posts first? Thanks.
Not taking GreyICE's word... you basically stated that I've done nothing a few times and called GreyIce case on you bullshit.
Thus it can be summarized as
1. you posted your views on players
2. you defended yourself
... that's about it

VOTE: Friend
Exaggeration is a baddie.
You had to be prodded to do even do number 1 on that list.
Friend wrote:
Wraith wrote:1. I don't really get the Pine wagon

2. Calcifer, why won't you explain why Pine is confirmed town? Because it's really hard to simply take someone's word for it.
This is scummy as all hell.

unvote, vote: Wraith
Friend wrote:If you people say Wraith always acts like this, I guess I can get back on silverbullet.

unvote, vote: silverbullet999

Silverbullet, he's asking questions that people have already asked, he's being vague about the Pine wagon, and he's slightly rolefishing.
Explain what about Wraith's quote was "scummy as hell" and what rolefishing you saw from silver.
Calcifer wrote:Hi all,
Please unvote ConfidAnon, C-Worl, Pine, and silverbullet999; they're all town.
Sincerely,
Calcifer.
silver? I can agree with the rest, but I'm not sure about silver.

-----bottom of Page 10-----

Bedtime. Will finish catching up tomorrow.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Friend wrote:Yeah, but when I try to scumhunt you criticize my style. What's the point?
Jeez, and after I just get done complaining about metagaming, I go and do it. Which probably means you'll flip town just to piss me off, but I stand by what I said elsewhere - I'm done playing with meta to guide me, I've watched it rip a town in half and catch zero scum, and it bores me.

But man, other games you do make good arguments and post good posts and scumhunt. You ain't posting Mastwalls, but you're posting scumhunting.

This is just poor. Not moving my vote, I want this one to lynch.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

-nhammen
I'm thinkin on that.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Explain what about Wraith's quote was "scummy as hell"
You do realize I asked this a couple pages ago and have since been constantly ignored about it... right?
... People were right it seems....
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Pine »

nhammen wrote:Bedtime. Will finish catching up tomorrow.
Oh my god! He said he's going to bed! Wagon on nhammen! [/sarcasm]

Spent the day traveling, will get a substantive post up first thing in the morning. I've got a mental list in my head of stuff I've observed.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Man, this bedtime mafia theory is starting to look really convincing!
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:19 am

Post by [winger] »

Mod: my Spring Break just started, expect me to be fairly unavailable from today through the weekend (at least).
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:27 am

Post by AGar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Friend
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

If going to bed is a scumtell, then I'm pretty sure saying you're going off to Spring Break means SK. ;)

Friend wrote:So guys, which is better - trying to defend myself and getting shot down mercilessly by the asshole-ish nature of Calcifer, or simply doing nothing and letting myself get lynched anyways? Either way I feel like my lynching is gonna be a hell of an "I-told-you-so" moment for town and might sway this game. I'm totally fine with getting lynched.
Bad posting. But sounds just as likely to come from frustrated Town as it does frustrated Mafia.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: ConfidAnon and all he stands for
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:20 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

I feel like hammen threw that in there to spite me...

Or maybe he's trying to dissuade the theory because I was correct and he's protecting his scumbuddies?!
... People were right it seems....
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:27 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

nhammen wrote:Did you really have to make sure we knew that you found Grey's vote to be a nulltell? Why?
Because town and scum alike vote NL as a way of getting out of RVS (someone votes them for voting NL, and then other people vote THOSE people...). It was worth a mention that Grey's vote was indeed a nulltell. It was the only thing that really stuck out at the time, so I brought it up. I'm more curious as to why you're asking why I'm giving my reads - more information helps the town, does it not?

In addition, concerning Post 158/ISO 4 of mine, is the why addressed to:
Why my vote would do better on Pine? I still find him suspicious and there were more votes on him and more support for a lynch than on C-Worl. I enjoy placing my vote where it has more importance, especially if I'm deciding between two people I find scummy.
Why I said it was too stupid to be scummy? I'll quote it for you and you can read it yourself:
C-Worl wrote:@Calcifer If you're not going to explain your list then I will.

As scum you're posting a fake list. The list of town includes your scum buddies and a list of random players. It's designed for the town players to see that you think they're town and so they won't question you or the other players on that list. Your list of scum likely includes one real scum so that if you get lynched he'll be safe or if he gets lynched you'll be safe. Therefore I feel inclined to:

Vote: Calcifer
If that's not just plain silly, then I don't know what silly means. It's not as bad as silver's 154/ISO 13, but still.

---

The AtE/apathy from Friend is not making him look more town in my eyes.

Parama, any other reads or thoughts aside from Confid?

~Pie
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Parama »

Friend is scum.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Wraith »

As much as I dislike Friend's recent posts, I dislike the people jumping on the wagon no questions asked no cases made even more.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Calcifer »

Parama wrote:Friend is scum.
Then vote for him--a wagon supported by many--over ConfidAnon, a wagon supported by only a few at this moment. (Like Friend.)
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:45 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

^^
I need to know the alignments of both, but either Parama has some agenda he's not telling us, or he's deliberately being a pain. It's almost too scummy to be scum at this point.

Confi isn't really making me happy either, and I'd happily agree with Parama if he hadn't gone about pushing this case in such a poor manner, and if he wasn't refusing to move his vote to a wagon he says is scum.
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Parama »

How is it being scummy at all? I'm identifying scum for y'all.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”