He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:52 am

Post by AGar »

ACTIVE LURKING!

VOTE: KK
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:41 am

Post by AGar »

Re: Wraith wagon - You guys are fucking idiots. Seriously. Wanting to enjoy a game that he signed up for isn't telling of alignment at all. You're wasting your time barking up that tree.

Re: Toogeloo - I'm pretty sure he didn't use the right syntax, so his strike isn't wasted for the day.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LLD

Playing to look like she's helping out, while making two of the worst calls so far in this game.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

Post by AGar »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
AGar wrote:Playing to look like she's helping out, while making two of the worst calls so far in this game.
Speak with clarity
Her large post "chiding" Toog for using his strike, and hopping onto the Wraith wagon, both the worst calls in the game, both worded to appear to be coming from a pro-town thought process since it's been part of the group-think fuckmess that's been going on lately.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:58 am

Post by AGar »

For FUCKS sake people.

1. BEING ANTI-GAME BREAKING ISN'T FUCKING ALIGNMENT-TELLING AT ALL. SOME PEOPLE PLAY THIS
GAME
TO ENJOY THE FUCKING
GAME
2. TOOGELOO'S STRIKE WAS
NOT IN THE RIGHT FUCKING SYNTAX
. HE DIDN'T BURN HIS STRIKE.

[Consider this your first and only warning. - RC]
Last edited by ReaperCharlie on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:44 am

Post by AGar »

Friend: I have a null-read on Wraith at the moment. He's done nothing to excite me so far.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ThAdmiral

Nice deflection there.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:04 am

Post by AGar »

ThAdmiral wrote:
AGar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: ThAdmiral

Nice deflection there.
I wasn't deflecting. I was pointing out a flaw in his logic, and also showing that he was being inconsistent.
That's deflecting.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:32 am

Post by AGar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AGar wrote:2. TOOGELOO'S STRIKE WAS NOT IN THE RIGHT FUCKING SYNTAX. HE DIDN'T BURN HIS STRIKE.
Now that your all-caps Rage statement has been proven dead wrong what are your opinions on Toog’s strike and reasoning for it.
Apparently, yeah.

I actually think it was a town-motivated thought process. A good choice? No, but town-thought abound.

Think about it:

1. He was going to cause a massive commotion. Ignoring the WIFOM-pit, attention is just something that is generally bad for scum, no matter how good you are. In a game with two SKs and two scum factions, thrusting yourself into the spotlight is the LAST thing you need to do when part of your wincon involves keeping your faction members relatively alive. There will be 4 kills flying around each cycle (day/night). Being an attention-whore is a good way to draw one of them in. Toog doesn't strike me (lulz) as a VI-type player.

2. He has forced discussion for the town. Discussion leads to more people talking, more likelihood for slips, more opportunities for analysis. All bad things for any non-town player, again.

3. He drew attention to himself that could possibly lead to a lynch. Granted, it's not the most pro-town thing to do to try and draw a lynch to yourself, but again - scum don't want to die.

It's a suicide-squeeze for scum to do something like this.

ThAdmiral wrote:
AGar wrote:That's deflecting.
Do you think he's right? Are you, me and wraith all on the same scumteam?

If anything I think
you
are acting suspicious because you're getting all hot under the collar after I said your name and the word "scumteam" in the same sentence.
You did?

I couldn't care less. I'm just saying you're pushing attention away from yourself to someone else because they did the same thing. It's straight up deflection.

Hrezs is really bad. Like.. really really bad.
Exe is bad, too.

Dear god that Friend case was awful.

I like the speed-strike idea on Hrezs.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Hrezs

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 am

Post by AGar »

@MoI
You pretty pointedly asked for my thoughts on something... then ignored them. :(

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:50 am

Post by AGar »

That works. Was just curious that you asked then didn't acknowledge.

In regular voting mechanics, Hrezs is at L-3. How are we doing this, anyways? Once someone get's voted to technical L-0, we all mass strike?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 am

Post by AGar »

Definitely dislike Exe getting all on his heels and shit after the various call-outs.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:23 am

Post by AGar »

I could go for a BS lynch. Nitpicking, hardcore.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:26 am

Post by AGar »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
AGar wrote:I could go for a BS lynch. Nitpicking, hardcore.
In other words, classic Baby Spice.
Let's not re-hash this argument. I don't care if it's their "meta" - if they do it, and I find it scummy, I will push a potential lynch for them. You were in that PS game.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 am

Post by AGar »

Hm. Interesting on DGB.

I really never liked her play to begin with.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1602 (isolation #13) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by AGar »

This game...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1666 (isolation #14) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:55 am

Post by AGar »

I've been trying to stay out of this because I have lots of ugly words for the game. That and my catchphrase "It's the fucking internet" clashes with what I'm about to post. I personally only get pissed when someone is being a giant doucher about something.

Reaper, here's the problem.

You think that slapping this into a theme game means no holds barred, and it doesn't.

I didn't join this game because of the IC mechanic. I joined because the flavor looked interesting. I should've learned from BNM that things would be sketchy, but more to the point, had I known all of the flaws with this situation, I would've made for the /out line faster than anyone here can imagine.

Fun facts:
- No-flip, alignment-changing and secret information that isn't revealed to the players at large is generally considered bastard modding. Bastard modding is generally announced
beforehand
so that people don't get pissed off. A large theme is a commitment that sometimes lasts months. Some people play 1 to 2 games at a time and are really attached to these things, so when their faction can't win, they get pissed. When there are bastard elements unannounced, they get pissed.

- Antagonizing players who are pointing out re-iterated flaws in your setup only makes you look childish, immature and like a raging dickbag. You say AGM and MoI's tunes would have changed if their faction had won. Maybe they would have changed if their factions
had a shot to win
. This was already discussed in the dead QT - you crippled the scum factions, especially if they operated under the guise that IC loses if a member died. The fact that any player saw it optimal to
out their scumbuddy
to avert is suboptimal setup design, and makes it impossible for scum to actually come to a win. ESPECIALLY considering the mole didn't have to live to win from either faction AND the IC had a 1-shot recruit. Knowing that, IC's best possible course of action would be Night Rider-IC to out his team on D1, Skull Crusher IC to out his team on D2, recruit a town player, and there's a bunch of shit flying around already. IC induces complete and utter chaos, and scumteams are decimated. Two fell swoops. Done, and done.

- A game going to Day 9 does not automatically make it balanced, and the term "theme game" is not a catchall for "I'm going to throw whatever the fuck I want in here and not tell a soul." You had 6 factions operating simultaneously. There is not going to be balance in that situation. There is going to be chaos and randomness like no tomorrow. You seem to believe that just because a game goes X length, it must be balanced! You also seem to believe that any time there is a factor of the setup that causes any factions loss, it's the players fault and not the mods. See BNM, where you blamed the town for not cult hunting the cult they were
not explicitly told about
. Fuck "hints" or "subtle clues" or anything of the like. If there is a cult in your game, you better damned well put in your signup thread
There is a cult in this game.
If you have limited reveal or hidden flips in your game, you better damned well put in your signup thread
This game is limited reveal/has hidden flips.
If you don't want to give the specific element away, you better damned well put in your signup thread
There are elements to this game that are considered bastard modding.
In bold, like that.

- Final point: The error on the wiki was a huuuuge fucking deal and you just brush it off like "Whatever, dudes." No. That is something that completely and 100% changes the strategizing and metagaming of the overall game. Knowing IC don't need to live to win vs. knowing IC does need to live puts a different spin on things like bussing, fakeclaims, kill choices and overall daytime interactions. The fact that we went as long as we did under the pretense that ICs dying meant game over for them is utterly ridiculous, and right there compromised the integrity of this game.

P-Edit: No, he's not backtracking. It might be shit play, and it might be really really bad and make her an idiot - it's still not playing against her wincon.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”