Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Juls »

My (hopefully triumphant) return to mafia has arrived! See a few familiar faces: Rhinox, Erratus Apathos, farside22, ender24.

Let's get started! Hmmm...after reading over the first few posts, there is no one better to vote than....
Vote: Rhinox

I know, right, not very surprising?
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Juls »

farside22 wrote:Hey all.
Lets see I see Oso and Juls already naming the people they know. Twisted spoon already buddying up to Oso.
Obviously I'm not the warm welcoming type. :lol:
Somebody is grumpy. :shifty:
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Juls »

You can read me the best after not playing with me maybe once? Over a year ago? Wow, impressive. What kind of reaction would you expect.

OMG OMG OMG...farside voted me on D1 in the RV stage. *panic mode* :)

...and lets put this back where it belongs
Vote: Rhinox
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Juls »

Juls wrote:You can read me the best after not playing with me
but
maybe once?
Fixed.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 am

Post by Juls »

I dont count that game. It was one of the first I played. I was very immature about the idea of getting targetted. I quit mafia over it for a while. That game is no indication of the player I came back as or am today. I remembered you in that one. When I say you "played" with me once that is what I meant. In the first one, I floundered. But somehow I think you know all that but I question your reasons for bringing it up.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Juls »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Fair enough explanation, oso. But EGMEOU still.
EGMEOU? :neutral:
I think it was IGMEOU = I got my eye on u. Having trouble entering the conversation twisted? How do you feel about the interactions between ender/erathos? me/farside? rhinox/oso?

I like Rhinox's line of questioning at Oso and his reasoning about the pre-emptive defense. For that I proudly
Unvote: Rhinox
and
Vote: Oso
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Juls »

Oso wrote:....
and think on it. Or comment. Or don't. But any input would be welcome. What got me the most about it was it doesn't seem to be an RVS vote but it is the first 'real' post of the game so by definition, it can't be anything other than a joke/RVS vote. But it's not a joke or RVS vote. Look at the way it's worded.

The post itself is a contradiction.
I still think its an RVS vote. Sometimes people comment on what a previous person said in their OMGUS. Like, if I were to vote Rhinox and say "we're gonna beat you!" He might come back and say "we're? Well that tells me you are on a different team". It wouldn't matter. We would both be bantering. If it were a serious vote it would be a pretty pathetic reason.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Juls »

and EBWOP: Happy Birthday Rhinox. <3
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Juls »

Javert wrote:
Klazam, Post 21 wrote: Hey all, how much experience do you have?
Highly experienced.

Vote: Prosaurus
. Last to confirm, and already lurking. Scumbag in the bag.
So experienced he intentionally fails at quoting.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Juls »

Me=Weird wrote:TS's early posts seemed like town trying to get the game moving, so I have a town read on him.
Experience is somewhere around 25 games.
@Juls 32, does a game not count if you've changed a lot since then? I play way different than my early games, but I would still count them.
Oso-TS seems town on town right now, and I can say that in another game he said the same thing about pre-empting questions. Though he was scum then…
I can see EA scum, and I don't see anyone better right now, so
Vote: Erratus Apathos
You can see my wiki to see that I literally don't count those games. It's like saying I smoked pot but didn't inhale. I didn't "get" it. I mean I got the idea of mafia but was unprepared for being "townie" or "scummy". And I replaced pretty quickly. I am embarrassed by the game, both by my play, and my attitude. It is something I would rather forget.

How can you put TS in the town column based on like 2 RVS posts?
Was Oso scum or town in the game where he pre-empted questions?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Juls »

farside wrote:Rhinox post 38 I do this all the time no matter my alignment. How often do you see scum do this? What about players that are town?
juls post 48 Not a fan of following.
Next up. I don't like Jul's following of Rhinox in post 48.
I still think it is a good point he brought up. As town, I think you are more likely to do less analysis of what YOU are saying and MORE analysis of what someone else is saying. At the time I switched my vote, it was on Rhinox as a RV. I felt at that point its better to take my vote off someone who has a good point and put it on someone who did something that looked suspicious. Does it make Oso 100% scum? No, but its the best place to put my vote at this time. And I still feel it is. Look, I have played with Rhinox at least 2 times officially and even more in Marathon games. He has been scum and town. He is probably the one I have the best "feel" for.
Me=Weird wrote:Farside: Why single out TS? Javert, Klazam, Saurus and to a lesser extent Juls haven't really said much either.
How have I not been contributing? I have been one of the primary ones.
errastus wrote:I'm saying "fair enough" because his post showed that my interpretation of his pregame comment was wrong.
So you are saying this wasn't JUST an Random Vote?

I'm still pretty comfortable with my Oso vote.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Juls »

Alright...lets see if I can entice scum to say something of note....Questions for all:

Errastus - Please explain in 30 words or
more
why you felt ender's silly RVS vote was serious and/or a scumslip.

ender - Give your opinion...on...well anything?

Javert - How do you feel about prosaurus now that he is no longer "lurking"?

Prosaurus - I see a lot of excuses. Pretend it's less than 24 hours before the end of D1. Who do you vote for and why?

farside - I like that you are asking questions, this is a good, proactive sign. However, I wonder, do you often mistake activity for scumminess? I ask because you seem to be targetting the most active people. Is this because they are providing you with more material to analyze or because you are getting scum vibes off them?

Klazam - A question to you may not make much sense after your 48hour V/LA. I am making a note to remind myself to ask you something when you get back.

Maxous - Do you think buddying is a successful Scum strategy? Why or why not?

Me=Weird - You said earlier: "@Juls 32, does a game not count if you've changed a lot since then? I play way different than my early games, but I would still count them." What information did you hope to gain from my answer? Did you learn anything from my actual answer?

Necessary Evil - Do you have any questions for anyone? You haven't posted much but you stated your opinion in the one post you did. Opinions are like....well you know the rest. I would like to see some actual scumhunting please.

Oso - Other than Errastus, whom do you see as scummy?

Rhinox - What's your take on Me=Weird? TwistedSpoon?

TwistedSpoon - Have you played scum on this site yet (obviously excluding any current games you may be in)? If so, could you provide a link?

----------
@farside - I haven't seen anything from Oso to add/take away scum points sense his original "pre-emptive" question. His response to Rhinox was null to me. The only thing I could maybe penalize him on is that he has been shown to do the same thing as scum. But I am not weighting that too heavily. I have some other hunches working right now but would like to also get answers to my questions to validate/nullify them.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Juls »

any reason for the vote switch Javert?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Juls »

Javert wrote:Try reading ender241's last post. What a lazy question.
It's not a lazy question. You mention nothing of ender but you vote him. It's a legitimate question. So your problem with ender is that you disagree with his read on Prosaurus? What about that makes him scummy? Do you think everyone who disagrees with you is scum?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Juls »

As for prosaurus playing the newb card. Without discussing his ongoing games, I will just say that it is not a surprise for him to play the newb card, nor do I find it scummy. This is Pro's first non-newbie game. While I don't plan to allow him to get by on that without scum-hunting I'm not going to assume he is auto-scum based on it. It can be intimidating playing with experienced players as a very raw new player.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Juls »

@Javert - I am trying to ascertain YOUR motivations, Javert. I still have not, and that is concerning to me.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Juls »

@Rhinox - to gage your read on them and see if it matches mine at all. Also because I haven't seen you really comment on them where you have on some others. These were two I specifically wanted your opinion on.

I am also limited access until Monday. Going to my parents for the remainder of today and have to work tomorrow. Will likely be late Sunday before I can post anything of substance

I'm losing my people... where are they going!?!?! Come back!!! [this means, noted.] :)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Juls »

I am going to put this out there. It's primarily gut on how I have caught myself speaking as scum but I am getting scum vibes from Me=Weird's phrasing. (bold for emphasis) Examples:
Me=Weird Example 1 wrote:With his new post though, he says "Fair enough" to what's obviously a joke like it's completely serious. And then "What "definition" forces my vote to be a joke or RVS vote?"
Seems to deny
that he was serious,
yet later he says
it was attempting to move the game forward. Next he
seems pretty eager to vote klazam
, for something that a lot of people say(mostly random).
It could be scum hopping
off their buddy at first opportunity.
Me=Weird Example 2 wrote:I can definitely see ender scum, I know others have said this, but I'm re-stating it anyway.
Me=Weird Example 3 wrote:Post 91,
says saurus is trying
to get out of situations where he'd be voted, when it was just no reads.
Post 113-114,
doesn't think javert's a day vig
, and is just using it to say whatever he wants. He stated that he's going to kill today, so it's easily confirmable, so scum wouldn't want to claim it.
117 "He can't kill all of us"
sounds a lot more like scum talking to his team
than about town.
125 doesn't really answer the questions.
he want's javert to wait
until we have almost confirmed scum, a prime opportunity to kill him. "I'll find out what he is tonight." Wait, what's this? You're going to kill him?
It's the way he is presenting his cases thats off to me. When he attacks someone he presents it to the town instead of attacking the person outright and asking them questions. Am I completely off my rocker or does anyone else see what I see?

On stuff that has happened since my last post:
Javert - As far as the "do you think everyone who disagrees with you is scum" question goes, I obviously don't think that is true but I was reaction testing you. Obviously the reaction is useless given your claim now. But, for what its worth, nothing really raised alarm bells. All I ask if you use the day-vig ability is to let someone claim before you throw the trigger. After that, your decision is your own (obviously).

Ender - I REALLY really hate ender voting a claimed day-vig. Its completely testable and unlikely to be a scum ability.

farside - Is it anti-town to agree with someone? Because you are really milking this agreement with Rhinox. Have I done nothing that you see is town? I mean really, that was ONE of many things I have said. Unrelated, I do get town-vibes from you.

Erratus/NE take on Ender and his emotion - I would agree with Erratus on this (that scum are less emotional, in general). Unless someone can link me a claim where Ender was emotional as scum I would lean town. Even though it's not the smartest thing to do in wanting to lynch a claimed day-vig.

I'm going to
Vote Me=Weird
right now.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Juls »

I didn't unvote, so to be official
Unvote, Vote Me=Weird
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Juls »

Maxous, pardon me,but that's a big case of what everyone else has said about ender. Do you have a comment on anyone else in the game? ender is obviously an easy target right now.

And FYI, I will tunnel the crap out of anyone that pushes us to night before Javert has an opportunity to prove his ability.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Juls »

Rhinox wrote:I noticed Javert claimed day vig. Probably a gambit. I'm not too concerned about it if its not, as it seems like his shot would not end the day or change the number to lynch causing an inadvertant hammer.
A scum gambit or town gambit? Why would we do that would little pressure on him at all? I didn't assume gambit but I rarely, if ever, gambit myself.
Oso wrote:One other point of note. Ender may have made a soft claim here: Right before his NE vote "I'll find out what he is tonight". For my part, I'm still processing that one. Could be awkward wording or an incomplete thought or a soft-claim. I haven't decided which one for myself yet.
Let's be clear, that was a bit more than a soft claim. It was intended to be caught. It's kinda eating at me to be honest. It was so blatant.
I am in support of an ender full claim.

In other news, I reviewed a few of Me=Weird's games and have seen him post cases "to town" instead of "direct questioning" as town. But something is still off to me. I don't want to get tunnel vision on it though. I might do some more analysis on it later. It seems the focus is primarily on ender at the moment.

Mod: Please prod/replace Klazham
. He has given nothing and I would personally rather see a more active player if he isnt going to participate.

Preview Edit: @farside - See above about Me=Weird. I'm glad you at least commented on it. Which is more than what most did.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Juls »

Juls wrote:Why would
he
do that
with
little pressure on him at all?
Fixed. Me good at language english.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 am

Post by Juls »

EA wrote:as TS seems likes he's trying to stay in the back seat while everyone else fights. I considered voting Klazam too, but there's a better way of dealing with him: Hey Javert, you said you'd vig someone for 4 days without content? Well Klazam has gone the entire game without content, so you know what to do.
No. I would agree if he were active lurking but he is not existing at all. There is no reason to vig him unless he has a replacement that gives us a reason to think he is scummy.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Juls »

On some medication that has made me very tired and haven't been up to reading. The good news is, I only have 2 more days on it. I will try to catch up tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Headed to bed.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Juls »

Hi guys. I'm still not feeling very good but I did re-read from page 1 just to get my barrings again. Here are a few things I picked up on/ would like answered. I apologize if it is a bit disorganized:

@Rhinox
: In post 211 you ask prosaurus why he asked ender to claim. Why not ask me that question? In the post directly above I had told ender to claim.

@Me=Weird/Oso
: Oso, I thought your problem with Me=Weird's questioning Javert about being one-shot had to do with the fact that no one-shot had claimed yet. But then your reaction (post 271) to Me=Weird's answer doesn't support that. Can you explain what was wrong with the timeline if it wasn't the "one-shot" part because that's what I was seeing.

@Maxous
- I have already said this but Post 163 really bothers me and post 270 strikes me as the same. Lots of parroting going on from Max, not alot of individual thought.

@ender
- I am not liking post 212 where you say:
ender wrote:as i accidently claimed earlier and i thought it would be easier than people having speculations
Nothing about that claim was by accident. Really. I mean come on. That was a claim that was MEANT to be seen. I was kinda good with you until you said it was an "accident"

@TS
: Post 217 where he votes NE is scummy as hell. It was immediately after Me=Weird had voted NE and what's worse is that TS had posted since the last NE post with not a mention of NE. It's not the only time he has bandwagoned. Also, post 263 is a waste of my time. Never have I seen so many words without anything being said.

@farside
: In post 226 you say
farside wrote:ender claims one-shot cop. I've been in enough games that I rarely see a game without a cop and no counter claim, unless scum have a cop role which is more rare and usually in non normal games.

I think it would be epically stupid for a cop to cc ender on D1.
In post 257,
farside wrote:There are post that say next to nothing of value (IE: Fluff) Juls wrote:
As for prosaurus playing the newb card. Without discussing his ongoing games, I will just say that it is not a surprise for him to play the newb card, nor do I find it scummy. This is Pro's first non-newbie game. While I don't plan to allow him to get by on that without scum-hunting I'm not going to assume he is auto-scum based on it. It can be intimidating playing with experienced players as a very raw new player.

This post was in direct response to 2 previous posts which one person said pro was scum and the other said pro was town. I was weighing in on the debate. It's not rocket science. I was trying to make people go read his games without actually discussing his games to see that this is not a new trend with him.

My scum-reads right now are TS and Max. I have some hate going on for ender right now though with that "accident" comment. And something isn't right for me with M=W still. But I would rather pursue something more tangible.

Unvote, Vote TS
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Juls »

I skimmed the happenings since my last post but will compose a more robust post when I have a little more time, but, I am a little confused by the TS claim. The scenarios:

TS-Mafia / Ender-Mafia - unlikely they would cc each other. Lowest probability imo.
TS-Town / Ender-Mafia - possible but unsure of how ender would know or want to claim a "one-shot" cop. Unless all scum have 1 shot roles and they assume the same to be true of town for PRs.
TS-Mafia/ Ender-Town - possible, but still strange. Given that TS has only been playing for a short time I don't think he would cc a "one-shot" cop. I think he would probably just say he was cop.
TS-Town/Ender-Town - probable, but only if I am looking at it with blinders on and ignore every other scummy thing that each of them have said.

No real "pointing a finger" here but just putting my thoughts out to get feedback on. I am curious what others think of the claim. For now I will switch to my second FOS while I process
Unvote, Vote Maxous

Preview edit: @mod - you have M=W voting twice, is this intentional?

No, I hit the "submit" button instead of "preview" by accident. :)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Juls »

Prosaurus wrote:@Juls Why vote Maxous? Any reasons you can tell us?

And it's about time I put my vote somewhere: VOTE: Erratus Apathos
Ender has claimed a PR, so we shouldn't lynch him if we think scumteam is EA Ender and Rhinox.
EA was most suspicious otherwise.
See post 273
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Juls »

ender241 wrote:Can somebody give me a good reason why Twisted is scum? I think he's town to be honest.
Can you please clarify something for me, ender, are you seriously claiming that your "crumb" was an accident? I implied in a previous post that I think this is ridiculous, but you have not responded, so I guess I need to ask you point blank.
farside wrote:Honestly I can't see 2 one shot cops. I've never heard of it. Juls broken down the possibilities, but I wonder do you (Juls) have a view on any one of those possibilities between the two players?
I would guess the least likely is TS-Mafia/ender-town. And most probable is either TS-Town/Ender-Town or TS-Town/Ender-Mafia. The latter only because I can't get past ender saying his "crumb" was an accident.
farside wrote:EA: Why are you ignoring Klaz who is pretty much doing next to nothing when it comes his reasoning? I see you mentioned this with Pro.
I see Pro at least going thru what everyone is saying and replying the the case against him.
Klaz on the other hand I feel. His reason's for voting for Pro was for role fishing but he doesn't say anything about TS who was doing the same thing. I have to wonder when people leave out those who when you look at their post and doesn't comment on them.
I have seen EA blatantly ask for a Klazham vig and he was voting him at one point. So I don't think he is ignoring him.

@Me=Weird: Oso, seems to think your "answer" regarding the timeline is sufficient but I don't. Can you please explain your motivations for asking Javert if his role was one-shot prior to there being any indication of one-shot cops?
Secondly, I think your case on Prosaurus boils down to: You're a newb!
Thirdly, Can you please explain the point that Maxous brought up about the "I'd also had a gut town feel from his[ender] posts" when you had voted for him early on.

Unvote, Vote: Me=Weird

I am beginning to think more and more that ender/Me=Weird are scum. I am removing my vote from Max because he made a good catch about Me=Weird's inconsistency noted above, all the other points I note above about Me=Weird, and I can't shake this feeling that Me=Weird is scum.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Juls »

Me=Weird
a. Your answer doesn't make sense about your feelings of ender. If you thought he was more town than the rest thought then why did you attack him? Why would you attack someone that you thought was town?
b. I am concerned with the 1-shot question to Javert, not ender, and why you felt the need to ask that question. The question is anti-town at best. and strange given no one-shots had claimed at that point.
c. The only thing you have said that may be interpreted as newb-scum about Pro is his pointing out of ender's "accident crumb" and even that could be a newb-town mistake. The rest is newb-null imo.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:36 am

Post by Juls »

@Javert - I am opposed to making any decisions about after you vig kill before you actually vig kill but I also think we will need time to make those decisions. So, I would like you to vig kill sooner rather than later. FYI, its 1 week and 3 days from deadline.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Juls »

Me=Weird wrote:Juls:
a. I
didn't
think he was town. I've said already that I felt his scummy actions overweighed the gut town feel. All that happened was the claim changed that.
Basically what I am getting from this is "my gut said he was town but everyone else thought he was scummy so I bandwagoned". I like my vote.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Juls »

Me=Weird wrote:Are you a moron, or have you never heard of having a gut town read on somebody who's done scummy things?
Unnecessary, and doesn't help your case.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (isolation #32) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 am

Post by Juls »

Mod: Please prod ender

Also, I was thinking we give Javert a town-imposed deadline of midnight Wednesday (tomorrow) April 13 to give town 1 week to decide a lynch. If he hasn't decided by Wednesday, then he is probably fake-claiming and he can be our lynch. Does that sound good?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #33) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Juls »

Maxous wrote:@Juls: Do you not beleive Javert's claim?
At the moment, I
don't disbelieve
it. I just think he needs to do it like NOW. And if he isn't willing to do so, then I am forced to assume it was a lie.

@Ender, I have asked you TWICE now, please respond: are you claiming that your "crumb" was an accident? In response to your question Scum List: 1) Me=Weird 2) Ender, 3) Maxous (to a lesser extent). See how you answer questions...

If Javert is taking opinions into consideration, I vote for Me=Weird.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (isolation #34) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Juls »

I think if Twisted was going to recognize a theme in this game of one-shots then he would have claimed something different as scum. Like maybe a one-shot doc or a one-shot tracker. Claiming the exact same thing as ender is what makes me lean more town with him. But, admittedly, I have not looked over the other game he posted yet.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Juls »

First, I apologize for the delay in posting, I have had intermittent internet outage at my house the past couple days. I'm just going to get some random thoughts out that I have been mulling about since last night.
Rhinox wrote:ugh, I need to reread and figure out who my suspects are. Someone asked for a top 3, I don't have that right now. I'm not going to just throw names out as suspects without good reasons.

I was REALLY hoping Javert was gambiting, and we'd have an alive, confirmed town ender right now based on his reaction to being fake day-killed. As it stands, unless all of our PRs are now outed and scum have a RB and a GF, I'm suspicious of 2 1-shot cops in addition to a day vig. Think about it, if they aren't forced to claim D1, typical scenario would be they could claim results tomorrow, and they'd be 4 confirmed town. If the day vig is also town, they could take out a guilty result on D2, or the scummiest player without ending the day and progressing to night. That seems like a lot of power and a lot of cleared players potentially by day 2.
I always struggle with cops especially because its such an easy fake claim. You just say you got an innocent or two and you are golden until LYLO in most cases. Then you get into a world of "what-if's" whether its a real cop or not. One-shot cops makes it even worse.
----

I'm having trouble with EA's atack on Oso. Not because it's a bad attack, it's not, it's really good in fact. However, I have had pro-town reads on EA and Oso all day. And Oso's reaction to the pressure from EA does not seem scum-like. I'm not willing to vote EA or Oso today, but it's certainly an interesting point.

----
I have been looking at the game some and NE is really getting a free pass on next to no participation. I am equally to blame for letting him slip under the radar as well. I tried to look at his post in iso a little bit last night and saw he had like 12 posts for the entire game and at least 3 of those were V/LA / RVS / fluff. So he is definitely creeping up my scum-list. If I get time I will try to look at some of his other games and see if lurking is his MO or a non-tell.

I probably won't be online tomorrow because I won't be home until late so it will likely be Saturday before I post again.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Juls »

Alright, lets shake this place up a bit. I didn't want to do this but seeing as how my partner is NOT helping matters and he is leading wagon with 4-days to go, I find it necessary. I would rather us both die eventually then to lynch him and then scum wouldnt have a hard time figuring out that I am his buddy.

Claim: Town-Mason with Klazham

1. We are confirmed to each other as town
2. We cannot masonize
3. We both crumbed it in our first post (Mine, Klazhams). Go back and look (First letter of first word of first sentence, First letter of second word in second sentence, First letter of third word in third sentence, and so on spells Mason).

We had hoped that scum would kill one of us and the other would be clear, but I won't let him be lynched by town.

If you want to lynch a lurker, lynch NE. I am also doubting my read on Me=Weird at the moment because Maxous and Oso jumped on so quickly. I have doubted my read on everyone this game. Either scum is doing a good job, town is doing a poor job, or I am just really rusty. I am guessing it is the latter. I apologize if this is the wrong decision to make. I have seen masons claim on D1 and it work out in the end. In fact, I was in that game with EA where RBT and Xtoxm claimed after one was about to be lynched and town won.

Unvote, Vote: NE

Does a single person have him in their town column?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Juls »

yeah, I noticed that after I posted. It was supposed to be "I know right, its not very surprising"
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Juls »

@Pro - First, this is a provable role. Once either of us die, the other is confirmed. The role you are talking about is neighbor. In the case of neighbors the mod usually explicitly or by omission tells the two that their alignment is not confirmed. In this case, the mod told us that we are both innocent. Second, I am claiming on day one with absolutely no pressure on myself. If I were scum, I would probably hop on the Klazham wagon to make myself look pro-town instead of putting a big bright spotlight on myself. Reread my play. I have consistently been against a Klazham lynch. Could I be scum gambiting wildly ON DAY ONE? Sure. But I challenge you to look at every game I have ever played (most are linked on the wiki) and see if I have ever done anything remotely close to claiming day one as scum. Thirdly, if I were scum, I would also be taking a huge chance at claiming Mason not knowing if masons exist in the game.

By the way, seems that "newb" thing comes and goes with you huh?
But your insistence on lynching Klazham is noted.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Juls »

It's not impossible, but it would be ballsy. The game of mafia, to me, is less to do with probability and more to do with plausibility. You have to decide for yourself whether to believe us or not based not only by our claim but by our game play as well. So if you think its MORE likely that Klazham and I are scum than that we are actually masons then, by all means, continue to vote the way you are. It doesn't give us a free pass for the entire game by any means.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Juls »

Rhinox wrote: But if both cops and the mason claims are all town, then Javert is looking an awful lot like a scum 1 shot vig to counter all the confirmed innos.
Have you ever seen a scum day vig? Has anyone? I would love to see the game if you have. I could see a scum day-vig in themed but not normal.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Juls »

Twistedspoon wrote:welcome quiford

take you time catching up :]
Um...Welcome quiford, but please hurry and catch up. We have 3 days to deadline.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:02 am

Post by Juls »

Twistedsppon wrote:what do you mean prove? say, what if i was roleblocked etc.
I don't like that you are already making excuses.

I also don't like that Prosaurus is so reluctant to believe the mason claim. I am, however, still deciding if it is inherently scummy to not believe the claim or not.

@EA, I don't think Oso is gonna swing today. I think we should re-evaluate him tomorrow. Who is your second choice?

I'm considering re-placing my vote on Me=Weird but will give Quilford a day to catch up. I am also considering the merits of N/L. Since I have waffled a bit on my Me=Weird read (mainly because the wagon gained so much steam when no one was interested in lynching him until after the ender/twistedspoon/javert saga ran it's course).

@NE, I am not concerned with your V/LA. It has more to do with the fact that you have a whopping 15 posts. Of those 15, one was your intro post, another was saying you were getting caught up, another was your V/LA post, and finally a post saying Javert was one-shot vig. So that REALLY brings your total of any substance to 11. To put it in perspective, here are the other post counts:
ender (31) - been dead for a while
EA(41)
farside (52)
Javert (37)
Juls (42)
Klaz (25)
Max (36)
M=W (26)
Oso (60)
Pro (42)
Rhinox (37)
TS (66)

Hell, even the mod has 17. The only person who doesn't have TWICE as many posts as you is M=W who is the leading wagon and Klazham (who I obviously am not even looking at).
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Juls »

Im gonna go ahead and put me=weird at L-1

Unvote, Vote: Me=Weird (L-1)

Time to claim.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (isolation #44) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Juls »

/cry

We in the dead QT have been sad for a while. It was inevitable.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (isolation #45) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Juls »

Quilford wrote:This is the part where Twistedspoon comes in and gloats >_>