Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:42 am

Post by ZengarZombolt »

So it begins.
Mod you should have done role PMs flawlessly this is an insult to us players >:|
VOTE: Zachrulez
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:41 am

Post by ZengarZombolt »

Avatar accrued! Now, Runner: With serious vote you mean me voting an actual player, or to go past RVS already? I am somewhat confused.
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by ZengarZombolt »

Well in that case.
Unvote

Vote: MagnaOfIllusion

Mersenne Twister tells me to.
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by ZengarZombolt »

rockynpoika wrote:He used a random generator to decide on who to vote.
Well last time I checked RVS standed for
Random
Vote Stage, so yeah.
Unvote

Since the game is on, I'm gonna wait to see the other people's actions are since you know, lurking is quite scummy.
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 am

Post by ZengarZombolt »

Damn it, yesterday was not a good day. Headaches everywhere.
That being said, let's address what's been asked:
rockynpoika wrote: In post 20, you say you are going to wait to see other actions (lurking) because lurking is scummy. Please clarify.
There wasn't too much action going on from some players, specially the ones that still had their RVS votes at the time.
rockynpoika wrote: Also, do you see anything scummy about using a random generator or voting for the moderator?
In all honesty those actions were due to me taking the start of RVS as a moment to jokevote. It's when people react to said jokevotes that the game picks up.
rockynpoika wrote: Also, what do you think about Sisterman and projectmatt, particularly about the case for projectmatt?
On the Sisterman case, it's somewhat confused as it's entirely based on only one post, and a short one at that. That being said, as I mentioned, it's a joke vote. There's not any info behind such a vote because it's a joke, and as such it has no serious meaning, so the point stands, not only for me but to other early Randvotes like Mogri's, Rocky's and Matt's.

As for the Sisterman case, it seems rather more interesting. Yes, something about the timestamps excuse on #26 is somewhat irking me, but Jason's #27 is much, much worse in my eyes.

Votes are serious things as they apply pressure on players this early. Of course there's not going to be a full blown bandwagon as it would be stupid scumplaying. Besides it's evident by now the pressure has shifted towards other players, namely Rocky and Matt.

On #41, he mentions how being cautious is a scumslip. Of course scum take care of what do they say, but then so does town. After all, the point of mafia is to choose your words in a way that drives suspicion far from you while hunting and accusing scum to the other players. At least this is how town plays.

Another point that I find interesting is how Rocky
vocally
bandwagons on projectmatt. This sounds too suspicious to my ears.

Vote: JasonT1981
FoS: Rockynpoika

And now some questions.
@Jason: So why is town supposed to be less careful with what they say? Isn't that going to make them prone to commit mistakes that scum can use to their advantage?
@Rocky: Why do you think the case on Matt is more promising? I'm curious.

Oh damnit Sisterman replacement. Oh well, that means a fresh new face for us to examine. Bring it on!
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:23 am

Post by ZengarZombolt »

Runner wrote:
Another point that I find interesting is how Rocky vocally bandwagons on projectmatt. This sounds too suspicious to my
What is meant by this?
rockynpoika wrote:I don't think I'm going to be getting anywhere with my vote on Zombolt so
I will be voting for projectmatt, could use a bandwagon with some teeth.
If Matt didn't have votes behind him, what Rocky says implies that he wouldn't have voted him. Why jumping into a person who has several votes already just for the sake of giving him extra pressure? It must either be a VERY solid case, or an attempt at convincing town that he is scum. As of now I see nothing scummy on Matt, as the "lying" issue was cleared when we learned how is epicmafia play, and thus should be dropped by everyone.
Space Pope wrote:He didn't ignore me. He addressed the points I made against him, defended himself, but didn't attack me or try and discredit me in any way. I was expecting he would be a player who would attack his attacker as scum. He didn't do this and I think it makes him more town.
Gotta agree with this. Just because you're being suspected doesn't mean you've got to take down your attacker before he takes you down. If you did this then it would be plain OMGUSing and that's more scummy than town. That being said I don't see you saying that you were wrong about Matt lying, after being presented with evidence.

Also to balance out all this Matt defending and what not, I've got to call him out on something: You should stop trying to use regular epicmafia metaplay. Clearly the system isn't the same and is throwing you against people for the wrong reasons. While it's right that Jason's all over you, this is only half as scummy as you think, as one typically clings to a player because he has a case against said player until it's cleared. That being said, he hasn't commented on other players with cases, which is also something that makes me fee uneasy about him.

Vote's staying where it's at because Jason hasn't answered my question yet. Reposting just for the sake of being nice:
ZengarZombolt wrote:@Rocky: Why do you think the case on Matt is more promising? I'm curious.
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:26 am

Post by ZengarZombolt »

EBWOP:
MagnaofIllusion wrote: Your response was to not directly answer but first show how the wagon on Project was baseless (in your opinion) and then to try to say that the RVS votes mean Rocky was not really at L-2.
Actually this holds true. Until the votes are presented with proper reasoning, you can't really have them count as being actually there unless we had a very dangerous case like L-1 or a full lynch. But on those cases, scumtells would have been oh so obvious, almost sacrificial. You could say that vote
prevented
scum from voting further on Rocky since it would have been very suspicious with what little reasoning there is normally so early.
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:56 am

Post by ZengarZombolt »

Balls, this wasn't a nice weekend. Stuff went wrong in many ways.
That being said, I am back! A warm welcome to Darkcofee to the game.
Reading the last two pages again, post incoming.
ZengarZombolt
ZengarZombolt
Townie
ZengarZombolt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:23 am

Post by ZengarZombolt »

jasonT1981 wrote:
ZengarZombolt wrote:
And now some questions.
@Jason: So why is town supposed to be less careful with what they say? Isn't that going to make them prone to commit mistakes that scum can use to their advantage?
Because town should not be afraid to say what they feel or be afraid of beign put under presure, its scum who should be afraid of this and therefor are alot more cautious. He said scum are cautious and I am... then
I have to disagree. Town being put under pressure is just as concerning as town being pressured, since the more town players, the more the chance for people to build truthful cases unlike the "fake cases" scum builds.
jasonT1981 wrote:Morgi - town points for unvoting rocky when he left to give replacement time to catch up
This is less towny behavior and more logical behavior as you'd have to reread everything the player has said. Just felt like pointing this out.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:My vote for Rocky was random. While I couched it in regards to his belief that RVS does not provide information that certainly isn’t scummy.
So you weren't voting him to pressure him but you were pressuring him with regular words instead? This is somewhat confusing... unsettling, actually.
Mogri wrote:Idle banter: If MoI's town win% is only 37.5 and his scum win% is 83.3, does that mean we're statistically ahead of the game to lynch him?
I'm actually ignoring this post since it seems to be a derpost. :V
Still I don't think Mafia is a game to joke around this deep into the game.

I'll reread Dark's posts later, I've got a meeting soon. And I'll reread them several times over, his style confuses me a lot compared to Rocky's.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”