Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Runner »

Hello all, I am one of your two SE's. The IC is the one who is here to help answer the newbie questions, but I've completed 2 games on this site (well, properly anyway) and so count as a Semi-Experienced player. Basically, I know my stuff... more or less. This is my first game as an SE, just by the way.

The only advice I'd like to start off with is

1) Don't hammer (cast the final vote) on a player without giving them a chance to claim and being completely sure.
2) Don't claim until you have to (when we're all massclaiming) or at L-1.

I also suggest if you're quite new at mafia is to look around the MS wiki which can be found here.

Don't worry if I seem a bit absurd or rushed with all that. Our IC is MagnaOfIllusion who I've seen around the site and remember reading a bit of a game. I'm sure a more comprehensive introduction will arrive shortly.

That said, lets get into the Random Voting Stage. This is where we vote randomly in the hopes of someone finding something odd about another player and good conversation starts to flow and we get to a lynch.

VOTE: jasont1981. 2845 posts and joined as newbie? Pffft. Scum.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Runner »

Mogri wrote:Wahoo! My obsessive thread-checking finally pays off. Hello, everyone!

Guess I'll start things off with
I am no longer first, but I will still
randvote: Space Pope
Hi Mogri, I suggest you get an avatar as soon as possible.
ZengarZombolt wrote:So it begins.
Mod you should have done role PMs flawlessly this is an insult to us players >:|
VOTE: Zachrulez
Hi ZengarZombolt, from now on I'm calling you Zenbolt. Mind placing a serious vote?
rockynpoika wrote:
VOTE: ZengarZombolt

For not having an avatar.
Hi rockynpoika, you're now rocky. Mogri does not have an avatar either, why pick Zenbolt over Mogri?
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Runner »

Oh, I should probably give you guys this link here as well:-
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... reviations

Commonly used abbreviations used in the game.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Runner »

jasonT: That vote probably sounded dead serious, it really wasn't. That scene is where he says "Basically, Run." See why I used it? Seen all the trailers for series 6? (I know this is slightly irrelevant but yeah. Not too often I find a fellow fan.)

projectmatt: If you prefer asking random questions then what's stopping you? Haven't seen much of that from you. And jasonT poses a very good question. Are you suggesting that you're nervous we might be lynching mafia? Or am I just interpreting all this incorrectly?

The point of RVS as I know and have experienced is not to get it over and done with as soon as possible, but make a basis for discussion. We've got a good discussion starting to flow now guys, let's try to maintain it.

PEdit: Mogri: I must disagree. Mafia making tiny mistakes or slips can help the town. Who is that directed at?
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Runner »

UNVOTE: jasonT1981

TOGTFO: Welcome to the game.

To the people suspecting projectmatt for voting Zachrulez: That was Zenbolt. I haven't seen anyone, I don't think, say directly that projectmatt voted Zenbolt but I've seen some references to that.

jasonT1981: You've been pretty fixed on projectmatt as of late. Thoughts on any other players & their styles of posting?

Moderators on here are not the same as moderators on epicmafia (As I know it) Moderators there are for moderating the community. Moderators here host games - bearing in mind we have mods and stuff for community and stuff too.

Zenbolt:
Another point that I find interesting is how Rocky vocally bandwagons on projectmatt. This sounds too suspicious to my
What is meant by this?

TOGTFO:
It seems to me that the SE and IC are doing wonderful at sparking conversation but that conversation has been purely them vs the noobs.
Evidence needed.

projectmatt:
From what I can tell, Jason seems to be attempting to stray as far away from Rocky as possible
What makes you say this? The mere fact that he's not said anything beyond a suspicion and chased up his other reads instead?
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Runner »

projectmatt wrote:
What makes you say this? The mere fact that he's not said anything beyond a suspicion and chased up his other reads instead?
It's in the fact that he very clearly suspects Rocky on the first page and never mentions him again. I do enjoy seeing how players interact with each other, and it just appears odd to me.
Runner wrote:projectmatt: If you prefer asking random questions then what's stopping you? Haven't seen much of that from you.
Post 29.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:2. Why didn’t you being your first post with some Random Questions?
Post 40.
MagnaofIllusio wrote:2. You didn’t answer my second question – if you believe in Random Questions as a scum-hunting tool why didn’t you post some in your first post?
Are you now blatantly ignoring this matter?
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Runner »

Sorry, etc.

TOGTFO: The attention seemed to be more on the newer players than the others. If 5/9 players are new then the chances are people are going to have slightly more attention towards the newer players. I pointed this out just to say that if you continue playing games on this site, then this is going to happen quite often in Newbie games. It doesn't mean you can just say that it's been experienced vs inexperienced.

jasonT1981: You give someone town points for unvoting someone else when they get replaced. It's a good gesture but I fail to see how it's significantly town.

Post 129:

I think you're reading too much into TOGTFO's post 66. I think he meant that he suspects projectmatt at the moment but isn't going to vote yet.

Voting Mogri straight away without giving him a chance to explain himself? Are you voting him just for that one reason?

What happened to your strong suspicion on projectmatt?

DarkCoffeeJazz: Awesome. Really, awesome. Great to see you're well into this game already. The impressions you gave are probably a good way to get into the game too. Like to see the effort you've put into the game so far.

Mogri: What possible reason could you have for even thinking about posting what you posted in post 124?

You state that you have "actual content incoming". From what I've seen this is one question and one repeated question. It looks like you know that you've put yourself in a bad spot and are trying to get out of it as much as possible.

projectmatt: Bolden your vote.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Runner »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’ve addressed every player in the game I believe.
All except two. Myself & Sisterman. Not important, just saying :P.
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Runner »

Mogri wrote: I was joking (there are several things wrong with lynching based on statistics alone), but jokes aside, that is a really odd skew.
Mogri wrote:Short answer: really crappy week at work. Sorry for blowing off steam in a way that affects the game. :(
So you cover the statistics lynch thing with saying it was a joke, and then say it was something else entirely?
Runner
Runner
Goon
Runner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Runner »

Can I just say on the topic of discussing fallacies and Cognitive Dissonance and stuff... it can get pretty close to discussing game theory which is dangerous for the game to continue and will cause us to stagnate.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”