Newbie 1086 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 am

Post by rockynpoika »

VOTE: ZengarZombolt

For not having an avatar.
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by rockynpoika »

Runner wrote:Hi rockynpoika, you're now rocky. Mogri does not have an avatar either, why pick Zenbolt over Mogri?
Honestly? Because I wanted to cause a game issue discussion over this to pull us out of the RVS. Now that they both have avatars, I can't see a way to continue it though.

However, my vote stays because I do think that Zenbolt is being as scummy as one can be at this point. Over eager to please and in general, and using a random generator for his vote (which he was reluctant to do at first, vote, but was "convinced" into doing) which conveniently means we can gain no information from his vote. I'll try to clarify more later, but I think this makes sense.
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by rockynpoika »

jasonT1981 wrote: (1)Anyway, now down to the serious business, I am not sure I like how rockynpoika wants to get out of RVS so early...
(2)you say you are keeping your vote on Zenbolt as he is 'being as scummy as you can be' yet actually fail to elaborate further on it... care to point out how he is being scummy?...
(3)I don't like how you say you will try to clarify more later, if you have reason to suspect then why not now? (4) or where you hoping others jump onto your reasoning and subsequently form a wagon?
1. Well, this is going to be a disagreement of semantics, but I don't consider RVS to have information. One needs to get it into game related issues, instead of voting for people based on their favourite colour. Providing a game related issue is the best way to do that.
2. I think I did elaborate. a. He doesn't want to offend. I am getting this vibe from post 13, but I may be reading into that. b. He used a random generator to decide on who to vote. This provides no information for the other players, and seperates himself completely from the vote.
3. Again, I gave some reasons. I meant I would clarify later if I was misunderstood, which I am now since I suppose I was. Also, digging a little deeper, I am not entirely sober at this time and am having difficulty clearly articulating.
4. That would be nice actually, yes. Just one more vote though, to L-2, wouldn't want to tempt overzealous scum to quick hammer and end the day without information.
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by rockynpoika »

projectmatt wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote: RVS is certainly not devoid of information and anyone floating the theory it is must be scum.
I assume that this was a joke? If it's not, then let me know and I think it could serve some very interesting discussion.

Unvote because the fact that several votes are now on someone I was attempting to RVS makes me very nervous.
I want to know more about that as well. I though that, by definition, RVS has no information. That as soon as people started making bandwagons and having actual game related reasons for voting, it wasn't the RVS any longer.

@projectmatt
Zombolt had only two votes on him. Mine and yours, yours was placed after mine. Why are you nervous now about having two votes on a person when you weren't when you voted at first?
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by rockynpoika »

@Mogri, @Runner, @Sisterman:
You three still have votes that were originally random. I would like to see actual votes or for you to give your reasons for your vote staying where it is at.

@projectmatt:
Concerning post41, do you have anything to say about the apparent contradiction? I do agree with jason that you seem to be stumbling over your phrasing when discussing town/scum. Also, what do you think about Zombolt and Sisterman? You are voting for sisterman because a lack of posting, any other reason? When you voted for sisterman, spacepope hadn't even appeared yet, why not vote for spacepope instead?
You originally where voting for Zombolt but left after you mistakenly thought there was more than one other vote. Now that you realize that it's just me, would you vote for him again? Why or why not?
Also, you can ask game theory questions for RVS if you want, the IC doesn't have to be the one.

@ZengarZombolt
In post 20, you say you are going to wait to see other actions (lurking) because lurking is scummy. Please clarify.
Also, do you see anything scummy about using a random generator or voting for the moderator?
Also, what do you think about Sisterman and projectmatt, particularly about the case for projectmatt?

@Sisterman
Content. Please add some. The following will give you something to respond to:
What do you think about projectmatt and Zombolt? Post 34, your only nonrvs post, has you defending Zombolt.

I don't think I'm going to be getting anywhere with my vote on Zombolt so I will be voting for projectmatt, could use a bandwagon with some teeth.

Unvote

Vote: projectmatt
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by rockynpoika »

My experience with Mafia is real life games (usually turned into a drinking game, though we are competitive enough that some game theory has come up), a couple full length games on another website, tons of "quick" games in IRC and another site, and an interest in mafia game theory.
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by rockynpoika »

My reasons for voting matt have been given through the questions I am asking him, particularly because of the way he is discussing the town/mafia dynamic, in short he is the scummiest person to me right now and the person I have the most questions for.

I'm not sure why joining a bandwagon and bringing it to L-2 is scummy in and of itself, though. Generates discussion and pressure.
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by rockynpoika »

Oi, can we cut down on the quote boxes?
rockynpoika
rockynpoika
Townie
rockynpoika
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 am

Post by rockynpoika »

I'm sorry but work has gotten a bit too busy for me to play this game. I apologize, it isn't fair to you guys.

/replace out

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”