startransmission - 2 - }|{opa, yabbaguy
yabbaguy - 2 - farside22, DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty - 1 - havingfitz
Sundy - 1 - startransmission

Not Voting: bv310, ToastyToast, cjdrum, Sundy

With ten alive, it takes six to lynch.

Deadline: April 15.

V/LA: cjdrum, April 13-18

Mod Note: I was going to shorten the deadline, as per Rule 17, but with definitely one, likely two and maybe three replacements, I really can't. Depending on the quickness of replacements, the deadline may even be extended.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Nobody Special »

TheJakalope replaces startransmission effective immediately.
....what?

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@Havingfitz: What about DRK's popping in and out of the game causes you to vote in comparison to the other lurkers who are doing the same thing? Couldn't come up with a better way to phrase that question...
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:02 am

Post by TheJakalope »

I'm going to
Unvote
for now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

havingfitz wrote:
farside22 wrote:Nvm about replacing DRK just missed DRK's post.
LOL sorry fitz I disagree that comment from DRK about us is town all the way. It's true too. I know I'm town and if you are town us fighting helps the scum.
What if one of us is not town? Do you know my alignment? I don't know yours.
I had my dear god I think your town post and the post after where I had a realization that after losing a scum member I believe scum will be lurking or actively lurking.
Sure it's theory but if your scum then I'll smack myself later for letting things go, but when no one reads or says anything about either of my case or your case I am most likely wrong.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:17 am

Post by havingfitz »

@farside....that's fine. I still do not support squashing of any conversation. Even if you are resigned to thinking I'm town and if I were to think you were town...it still would not do the game any good to put te brakes on our exchanges. If for any other reason than to help town in the game to establish their assessment on each of us and perhaps generate some other discussion in this game (though that has not been the case so far). Do you agree with DRK that we should not talk to each other?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:12 am

Post by farside22 »

havingfitz wrote:@farside....that's fine. I still do not support squashing of any conversation. Even if you are resigned to thinking I'm town and if I were to think you were town...it still would not do the game any good to put te brakes on our exchanges. If for any other reason than to help town in the game to establish their assessment on each of us and perhaps generate some other discussion in this game (though that has not been the case so far). Do you agree with DRK that we should not talk to each other?

I took it as he saw it as us doing more arguing. I honestly felt the same because your stubbornness is beyond understanding for me. Town on town arguments help the scum. I'm still talking to you so I don't agree with all communications coming to a halt.
I take it you feel DRK was saying something completely different?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:26 am

Post by havingfitz »

farside22 wrote:
havingfitz wrote:@farside....that's fine. I still do not support squashing of any conversation. Even if you are resigned to thinking I'm town and if I were to think you were town...it still would not do the game any good to put te brakes on our exchanges. If for any other reason than to help town in the game to establish their assessment on each of us and perhaps generate some other discussion in this game (though that has not been the case so far). Do you agree with DRK that we should not talk to each other?
I took it as he saw it as us doing more arguing. I honestly felt the same because your stubbornness is beyond understanding for me. Town on town arguments help the scum. I'm still talking to you so I don't agree with all communications coming to a halt.
I take it you feel DRK was saying something completely different?
Are you saying you support DRKs comment or that you think her comment was pro-town? I feel DRK was saying this:
DeathRowKitty wrote:I would like to suggest to that farside and HF are not allowed to respond to each others' posts anymore.
If you want to read deeper into this feel free to. To me it looks like she wanted discussion between two of the more/most active players to stop. This would not only reduce a significant portion of any of the discussions taking place...it would also prevent others from assessing us (ie scumhunting) and potentially joining in on or commenting on our discussion and therefore providing info for town to assess. Is my opinion not clear to you and if it is...is there anything pro-town from DRK about the way I interpret his comment? Does he know you and I are both town? Does anyone else? If not...then how can anyone know our chat is town on town?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:26 am

Post by farside22 »

There is also the issue of replacement(s) entering this game that need to catch up.
I can however see your point on this, I just don't agree.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:29 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Uhh....re: that thing you're talking about: I think you guys have argued enough. It's time for the two of you to put your words towards something more useful.

And speaking of which, I have that something more useful for you guys to discuss!

I have, as of this post, officially decided that the two remaining scum from our scum team are Sundy and bv310. If there is an SK, it is yabbaguy. How did I determine this, you might ask? Simple! I read the first two pages (and half of page 3), crossed out names as they became obv-town (and noted for which post each player was obv-town), and made different marks next to names for posts that made them more likely scum or town. Here's what the list looks like (down to the exact symbols and abbreviations I used when making it):

bv/ani =14 =36
cjd
drk

farside
hf ~26
Jak/star ~11 ~24
Sundy =13
TT ~20 ~23
yab ~~57
opa

~ means town post. = means scum post. I used ~~ for the one thing I found that was kiiiiiiiiind of town, but very inconclusive. I would like to guess that it's town though and say there's no sk. Yup.

Unvote: yabbaguy

Vote: Sundy

Looks like I'm back to that!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:34 am

Post by farside22 »

WTF Bv is still in this game!
Shit we should be putting pressure there.

okay I had my getto moment and I feel better. I haven't really noticed much from Sunday. Let me reread him and get back to that.
I still don't see how yabba is town. He's actively lurking the only post I felt anything town was when he talked about fitz's vote. Other then that bleck. (Still need to see post 57 that DRK points to).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:36 am

Post by farside22 »

yabbaguy wrote:DRK, ABR in MD has a point, let the game breathe.

Unvote
I don't see this as town comment. It's null at best. Scum or town can say something like this.
Still need to read sunday.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:37 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Maybe. I'm not sure I expect myself to agree with these reads when I look back at them later, but it seemed to make sense at the time vOv
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.12

TheJakalope - 2 - }|{opa, yabbaguy
DeathRowKitty - 1 - havingfitz
Sundy - 1 - DeathRowKitty
yabbaguy - 1 - farside22

Not Voting: bv310, ToastyToast, cjdrum, Sundy, TheJakalope

With ten alive, it takes six to lynch.

Deadline: April 15.

V/LA: cjdrum, April 13-18

Searching for a replacement for bv310
....what?

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:38 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I do ask that you at least read the entire first 2 and a half pages in context before just calling me crazy
, even though I am
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Reading Sunday I would say that although post 13 is interesting point that you started with and I have seen scum make comments like that the rest of him reads null. I see he's looking at things that no one else brought up, but he's also low under the radar. It's a weird feeling I get when I read him.
He's under my to be watched list for not but not under definite scum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:53 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I would certainly hope you don't have anyone in your "definite scum" list. If you did, I would have to assume you're scum
...on second thought, please put someone in your definite scum list so I can assume you're scum

Let's discuss yabbaguy's post 57. Now, first thing to notice is that it's post #57 and there are
57 Heinz varieties
. Yes, you heard me correctly. He captured the elusive Heinz varieties post. That alone gives him town points in my book. But even aside from that, try to put yourself in his mindset. It should be easier for you than for me since the first letter of your username is lower-case anyway. Imagine you've just seen my posts. (Reading them again now is probably advisable, but if not, pretending you did and then agreeing with me and voting Sundy is acceptable too.) Now try to tell me which alignment you feel when making that post. Breathe in. Breathe out. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.

(Parts of that were actually meant to be serious. Bonus points if you can figure out which parts.)
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:31 am

Post by yabbaguy »

@Toast: Scum list? You're posting a lot, but I can't tell whether you're actually aiming towards certain people or just throwing darts at the wall hoping one sticks.
Sundy wrote:CJ = not responded to my question = IGMEOY
cj hadn't even posted. I don't get why you're squawking at him for that.
DRK wrote:Let's discuss yabbaguy's post 57. Now, first thing to notice is that it's post #57 and there are 57 Heinz varieties.
Heinz Towntell is now a 100% accurate Towntell according to my book. I approve. :lol:

---

The lurking is extraordinary now. Apathy mode is caused by a lack of action- and I think there's cause for action on Jakalope. After all, startransmission has done generically scummy behaviors already, and he lurked his way out the door. See my ISO for the beginnings of my case on star.

Wagons create excitement. I mean, that's why I have such a solid Jora Towntell right now, because the wagon, although probably scum-driven, actually created something exciting. Set off more fireworks and get something to happen.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:32 am

Post by cjdrum »

DeathRowKitty wrote:I would certainly hope you don't have anyone in your "definite scum" list. If you did, I would have to assume you're scum
...on second thought, please put someone in your definite scum list so I can assume you're scum

Let's discuss yabbaguy's post 57.
Now, first thing to notice is that it's post #57 and there are
57 Heinz varieties
. Yes, you heard me correctly. He captured the elusive Heinz varieties post. That alone gives him town points in my book.
But even aside from that, try to put yourself in his mindset.
It should be easier for you than for me since the first letter of your username is lower-case anyway.
Imagine you've just seen my posts.
(Reading them again now is probably advisable, but if not, pretending you did and then agreeing with me and voting Sundy is acceptable too.)
Now try to tell me which alignment you feel when making that post.
Breathe in. Breathe out. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.

(Parts of that were actually meant to be serious. Bonus points if you can figure out which parts.)
These parts?

Anyway, sorry for not posting, I'm waiting for Sundy's answer to my question - Which, in fact, I posted only 25 minutes after their post.
(Sundy's post; my post)

By mod vote count, Sundy's on one vote, so I'll just
vote: Sundy

Until later notice. I just don't want to be stuck with Sundy avoiding the game while they sit with a single vote on them.
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:34 am

Post by cjdrum »

EBWOP: Ninja'd by yabba - wait, do you know what the hell (s)he's talking about? I thought that (s)he was done with his/her questioning...
The
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

Post by yabbaguy »

IMO your response to their argument is disturbingly vague. Most of the fight revolved around the bandwagon on Jora, but you've given absolutely no indication of what you thought of the case on Jora, and your only point was about Farside's demeanor, and then you retracted it to say fitz/farside balance each other out in terms of scumminess (or non-scumminess??).
Can you give more specifics as to what your read of the fight is?
This, probably. See, that's why dodging questions ain't a scumtell.

BTW, Sundy, not Sunday (farside), is a guy (cjdrum).
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:00 am

Post by cjdrum »

Really? Sundy wants me to give specific analysis on this whole farside22/havingfitz/Jora thing...
Which started on Page
(even page 5, maybe)???

Um. WTF, really. As I've said - I feel like they have Towny phases and they have Scummy phases. They never seem to stay as anything for long enough to conclude anything - or draw specifics.

@Sundy - I see that you had a lot
([/sarcasm])
to say on the first 2 pages of the argument, but absolutely nothing after that. Sure, you were V/LA (on Limited Access) - but you had some half-hearted stuff to say on page 6, the same amount of posts but less amount of usefulness page 7, and then popped back in page 11...
completely ignoring
the farside/havingfitz thing. IMO, I'd like to see you try to get an analysis of it first - it kind of seems like
you've
only read the bare minimum, so I don't think it's fair for you to call someone else out so heavily for doing the same.
The
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Yabba: Who else is on your scum list and why?

DRK: I'll think about what you said, but I have my own issues on Yabba that far outweigh one post.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Sundy »

cjdrum wrote: Anyway, sorry for not posting, I'm waiting for Sundy's answer to my question - Which, in fact, I posted only 25 minutes after their post.
(Sundy's post; my post)
The reason why I'm asking for more specifics on YOUR view of Fitz/farside, it's because you've been changing your vote based on your purported read of this debate. But all you've said of real substance is that they have "phases" of scumminess, and you don't know who to vote for. No justification for your changing reads, and no reasoning. The best analysis came here, and after Jora devoted half a sentence to challenging you, you immediately changed your mind and went with his read.

@Yabba: Why praytell is dodging questions not a scum tell?
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by havingfitz »

ToastyToast wrote:@Havingfitz: What about DRK's popping in and out of the game causes you to vote in comparison to the other lurkers who are doing the same thing? Couldn't come up with a better way to phrase that question...
Pardon the delayed reply TT. At the moment I prefer DRK over the other lurkers because of the continued excuse posts (aka lack of interest), chiming in just enough to avoid prods/replacement....voting based on "useless gut" reads when there should be better reasons than gut at this point IMO. ani/bv just haven't done squat so I do not think they warrant a vote. Star was an option....and yabba ass well. DRK just rose to the top for me. And funny enough I notice a little surge in her posting sooooo :? :? :?

Return to “Completed Open Games”