Post by Vi »

Confirming and etc.
*votes "no" on Nights to ruin everyone else's fun*
*votes "yes" on Nights*
Spoony 11 wrote:early nights and
short deadlines
?
Two weeks isn't short; it's normal. :P
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Vi »

Juls 25 wrote:VOTE: Vi
We only vote the ones we love.
*quickly changes first vote of VINDICTIVE HATE on charter*

Vote: Neuky
(L-6)
Something seems off, although I'm not sure I can explain it.

@mod: Probably V/LA this weekend
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Vi »

Sloth 37 wrote:I think it's the wagoning at the first sign of a semblance of a reasonable vote, Vi.
That's part of it.

But, wait, aren't you encouraging others to do the same thing?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Vi »

Sloth 39 wrote:Never said I was. I've only been asking about RVS wagons.
Then it should be okay for you to give me YOUR opinion about the wagons right now, right?

I'd also like to know what you think of Empking's accusation.
hiplop 45 wrote:
Looker wrote:
pappums rat wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Sloth
  • You're doing it wrong.

Sloth wrote:Never said I was. I've only been asking about RVS wagons.
  • In reference to your wagon question, I think we should have three legitimate wagons before killing anyone.

charter wrote:
Sloth wrote:Charter, what are your thoughts on RVS wagons?
The bigger, the better.

Empking wrote:
- He looks like scum pretending to be useful.
  • And you look like scum. VOTE: Empking
you didn't say anything in this post, why quote so much if you're not going to say anything useful
you didn't say anything in this post that empking didn't say in his post above yours, why quote so much if you're not going to say anything useful

---

I definitely think my Neuky vote is best right now. More than anyone else it seems like he's trying to hide.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Vi »

And it looks like the answer to "got thread?" is evidently "no". :P

---

Sloth, that was a bit of a dodge. We have better-than-random votes going down now. Why Hiplop over the various other nonrandom votes going around?

The "better than nothing" defense isn't particularly convincing; looking helpful and being scum are not mutually exclusive.

---
Teaspoon 64 wrote:
charter wrote:Right now I could pick any of Looker, TS, or Pappums as people that need to get more pressure. So I pick
Vote Looker
surely saying a vote is for pressure negates the point of it.
And what are you going to do about that?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Vi »

Sheepy 69 wrote:
Vi wrote:I definitely think my Neuky vote is best right now. More than anyone else it seems like he's trying to hide.
Let's see - the game starts and in the 1st 24 hours I've posted my RV, and a reply to a question from Sloth. - hardly prod material yet. 10 hours later (while I'm asleep), Vi posts the above. Folks, please try and remember we are all in different time zones.
Time zones don't have anything to do with it.

*RV post in the middle of evolving discussion
*Post clarifying that yes, you were actually trying to say as little as possible

I also saw your name on the active posters list while I was typing 36 and 38, so I knew you were around and not saying anything then too.

So you are correct about why I voted, and you even listed the suspect behavior I got back.
le sheep 69 wrote:I also see no reason for
[Sloth]
to confirm your thoughts to you (presumably you already know what you meant).
Actually, in this case I didn't. I felt kind of slow afterward. <.<
I see why you're calling buddying on Sloth but I don't think that was what was actually happening.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Vi »

Neuky 71 wrote:Name calling from Vi? - I'm a bit disappointed if indeed that's what it is. (We could all do that, but it'd end up a bit of a barney..)
I do that to everyone; no offense is meant. You should be worried when I STOP doing that.
Neuky 71 wrote:Anyway, as you are also online at the moment, what do you think of Sloth's comment on the shortened nights?
You're overstating it quite a bit.

What was the point of post 77?

Sloth - I see why you voted hiplop; I was asking why him over the others.

Hey pap-rat, before I forget to ask again, what's your avatar from?

hiplop, who's
Town
?

Unvote: Neuky
Vote: Quilford
(L-4)

Blatant Image of Faraday is indeed blatant and indeed Image.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Vi »

Sloth 90 wrote:Also, Vi,
[hiplop]
just read the scummiest to me at that point. Maybe it's just noobishness but his lack of any sort of opinion about the game is weak - however, I feel like his openness about his apathy is leaning towards a town tell.
Is there any reason you're still only talking about one person at a time?
You're asking a lot of theoretical questions but saying little to nothing about whether people are actually
scummy
Quilford 93 wrote:Wait, weren't you just calling someone names for sheeping?
No, I was calling Neuky a sheep because... he is a sheep. :?

Unvote: Quilford
Vote: Scott Brosius
(L-5)
Paragon of activity.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #114 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 98 wrote:Vi how much are you enjoying this game so far?
+Annoying Neuky
+Glad to have you here
-Not getting as far as I'd like
-because there are only like eight people playing

I'm not following your Sloth and T-spoon reads.

---

Quilford - When are you going to say something that isn't defensive?

---

Neuky 101 wrote:@ Vi (and Quilford) I've noticed other players under the radar as well as Scott Brosius - is there any particular reason for voting him and not pursuing the others?
Half the game is under the radar. Scott B. just decided to show up and say "hi, I'm under the radar! I like my on-wagon vote btw" and think he can get away with it.

There are too many people absent for them all to be scum, and blanketly pursuing them all at once would be futile to say the least. Meanwhile, frankly there's not a lot to say to the people who ARE posting right now.

---

Empking 103 wrote:Vote: Vi - Gut
Empking 103 wrote:Vi: Those sheep comments. What was the point of them?
If they're the ones I'm thinking of, mostly humor.

---

Hey Teaspoon, you realize that under your logic you're keeping a vote on a Townie, right? 'Might wanna change it.

---

hiplop 108 wrote:is quilford at l-1? i don't want to hammer but im sort of suspecting him now
:?
Unvote: Scott Brosius
Vote: hiplop
(L-6 maybe)
@mod: Vote count plz

---

pap-rat is Town.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #116 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 115 wrote:I'll get back to you on the sloth/ts reads, if I can work them out. I think Sloth's questioning makes more sense as a townie but i don't know
Sloth's questioning makes more sense coming from someone who isn't interested in scumhunting.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
@ Mod Prod Charter and Lurker
Hey, I was supposed to be the first person to call Lurker... Lurker.

*pokes your reads a little more* *with glee*

---

While I'm here.
Empking, anyone you want to talk about? (not
to
, about)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #128 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Vi »

Sloth 123 wrote:Vi, why pick Hiplop over the others? Same question.
Elephant in room: The reasons for voting Qwilfish don't exist, at least not from anyone voting him
sans
charter.
If hiplop can tell me how and when he started finding Quilford suspicious enough to jump on a wagon he thought was high enough to be around L-1, I will buy a hat so I can eat it.

*sets timer*

charter 122 wrote:Oh, Vi's vote on Scott was terribad as well.
charter 124 wrote:Wow, Vi's hiplop vote was bad too, this is a disturbing pattern.
Would you like to discuss the merits of those votes? I'm sure I'll come out on top.

Quilford 126 wrote:Yes, I am nervous scum.

Quilford 126 wrote:1) Why would you not just state that you think I'm being defensive?

2) Why did you sheep my vote on Scott?
1) That would require me to speak in a straightforward and non-circuitous manner. :vi:

2) That depends on your definition of sheeping.
I voted Scott for the same reasons as you, but would have done so regardless of whether you had voted him or not.
"Sheeping" is blindly following someone's vote because they say so, like my vote on you was sheeping Faraday.

V/LA for weekend
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #130 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Vi »

Quilford 129 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Quilford 126 wrote:Yes, I am nervous scum.
Why would you feel the need to quote this?
It bothers me - I know I've been tempted to pull the sarcastic "yes, you're right, I'm scum" line when it was actually true.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #252 (isolation #13) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Vi »

Too tired to catch up but doing it anyway.

Vi
- Rumors of my "sheeping" have been greatly exaggerated.
Unless its definition changed to "not placing the first vote on someone" and I wasn't told about it.

"Not scumhunting" is actually kind of an offensive accusation but I don't care enough to rebut it right now.

Sloth
- Sloth's posts are still bad all the way down. I'm not Glork; people don't sheep me for my reputation unless they're scum, sarcastic, or see me going into top gear.
but see below

hiplop
- has still not given any indication whatsoever as to why he would want to hammer (139) Quilford.

charter
- You say that the Scott vote was a deflection from people who are "actively scummy"... like whom, at that time?

charter, cont.; Scott Brosius
- The idea of me trying to protect Quilford from a single extra vote on a wagon I joined is ludicrous. In case my previous post didn't make it clear, there was no coherent case on Quilford. Pressing Neuky and Sloth wasn't going anywhere, so I voted with Faraday to see what he would do with a wagon. When someone I actually wanted to vote popped up, I moved my vote to him. This recent post from Scott B. pretty much demonstrates why again.

And really. Scum aren't interested in staying OFF wagons that look like they're going to a lynch. Scum are interested in finding whatever cheap excuses they can to stay ON wagons that are going to lynch. You of all people should know that.

charter, cont.; hiplop
- I'm sure I explained the hiplop vote somewhere and it looks very different from how you pictured it... Oh, it's right here in my last post.
Vi 128 wrote:Elephant in room: The reasons for voting Qwilfish don't exist, at least not from anyone voting him sans charter.
If hiplop can tell me how and when he started finding Quilford suspicious enough to jump on a wagon he thought was high enough to be around L-1, I will buy a hat so I can eat it.
And it still doesn't exist.

Faraday
- Faraday being feminine in one post and a baller in the next is :?
I liked Faraday a lot before, but he's... actually being serious about the Quilford wagon. I know I'm tired and everything but I don't understand why he's so scummy he needs to be lynched.

Now that the wagon has gone down I'm very eager to see where he'll go now.

Empking
- only posts to push Quilford toward getting lynched.

Quilford
- has some bad ideas but the desperation isn't abjectly scummy like it seems some people are making it out to be. The L-1 wagon was a bad idea and the people on it are terrible human beings. Oh look, this parade should seem familiar.
Neruz 188 wrote:Scott Brosius, Faraday, Sloth, charter, Empking, hiplop
Ignoring Faraday, it's probscum or better all the way down. I don't see myself voting anyone who ISN'T on this list Today.

Found Sloth 248. This is :goodposting: and charter's rebuttal in 249 is awful - it's not that you want to lynch claimed power roles, but that you specifically force yourself into lynching the first sap who claims. This is, again, something charter should know better than to do.

Sloth 251 gets it. So. Much.

---

tealdeer

Neruz 188 wrote:Scott Brosius, Faraday,
Sloth,
charter, Empking, hiplop
Lynch one of these people. If your vote is on someone other than one of these people, you're doing it wrong.

hiplop is still an excellent vote for classic a-lurking, but charter is just about as good.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #254 (isolation #14) » Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Vi »

It would be a somewhat easier decision to make if we had a
Mod: Vote Count

How is charter scummier than hiplop specifically? Otherwise you should be joining MY wagon.

Or charter might answer that question for you now; it looks like he's posting :?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #258 (isolation #15) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Vi »

charter wrote:
Vi wrote:You say that the Scott vote was a deflection from people who are "actively scummy"... like whom, at that time?
Sloth and Quilford had serious votes. Looker was/is scummy.
I was unsure on Sloth, and kind of still am.
Quilford has been beaten into the ground.
Trying to explain to me how Scott B. isn't scummy and Looker is should be amusing; please try.

Vi wrote:When someone I actually wanted to vote popped up, I moved my vote to him. This recent post from Scott B. pretty much demonstrates why again.
Doesn't make sense at all. Scott wasn't the biggest lurker then or now.
And if I was voting people for lurking that would be a problem.

Vi wrote:
charter, cont.; hiplop
- I'm sure I explained the hiplop vote somewhere and it looks very different from how you pictured it... Oh, it's right here in my last post.
Vi 128 wrote:Elephant in room: The reasons for voting Qwilfish don't exist, at least not from anyone voting him sans charter.
And it still doesn't exist.
Hiplop did say why he thought Quilford was suspect.
eh wot

Post 95, whichever.
Post 126 was made
after
hiplop offered to nothammer.

Found Sloth 248. This is :goodposting: and charter's rebuttal in 249 is awful - it's not that you want to lynch claimed power roles, but that you specifically force yourself into lynching the first sap who claims. This is, again, something charter should know better than to do.
Ok, lets just massclaim then. Then we can lynch whoever. But YOU know that running up three people to claim day one is a terrible, terrible idea.
That's actually what happened in one of my recent games (Of Rogues and Curses). We lynched scum D1 and D2, and the two or three or howevermany players who soft/claimed V. Townie early D1 were fairly obvTown from then on. That one troll who begged for us to stop claiming D1 was scum.

I remember I had another example when I made the previous post but I can't remember it now.

There's also the time when iamausername policy-forced the Town to lynch the first Vanilla who claimed. iaun was scum, AceMarksman was reasonably obviously Town.

Massclaiming has nothing to do with it.

---

Cut by Sloth - I'm going to stay a while longer because of what I noted under the third quote block.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #275 (isolation #16) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday 259 wrote:will get back to this when i get over the fact quilford isn't scum.
Don't take your time.
That is indeed one of the more disturbing V/LA posts I've seen.

charter 261 wrote:At that point, Looker was much scummier.
I'd ask why, but the ensuing argument would be pointless so etc.

charter 263 wrote:I can tell that you all won't have the balls to lynch someone who claims a power role today, so getting more people to claim is a bad idea.
I've certainly pushed for power role lynches :]

Vote: Empking
(L-4)
Sheeping pap-rat
pap-rat is definitely going the right way.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #276 (isolation #17) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Vi »

Vi 275 wrote:
Faraday 259 wrote:will get back to this when i get over the fact quilford isn't scum.
Don't take your time.
That is indeed one of the more disturbing V/LA posts I've seen.
On second thought, go back to not taking your time.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #282 (isolation #18) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Vi »

the wanting to lynch a vanilla thing isn't scummy, it's something i'd expect out of him regardless of alignment.
How so?

I actually like his position w/r/t the quilford wagon before the claim very much.
How so?

Also,
yes
. (as in
yes
I've lost track of what you're saying)

--

@Empking: See catch-up post from last night.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #285 (isolation #19) » Mon May 02, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Vi »

No comment on Faraday's post.

---

...who's Andrew?

I don't disagree that you're posting to maintain the status quo on bad wagons and asking why people want to chop your fishy head off.
I'm also not going to formalize my accusation, because I don't have to.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #288 (isolation #20) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Vi »

@Empking -
Not necessarily
Not really; multiple people can look scummy at once
Parentheses don't match; I can't tell if there's a second part to this

When it's you asking people to provide a precise case against you, quite possibly.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #291 (isolation #21) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Vi »

1) Gambits are the first one that comes to mind, though that probably wasn't the case here.
2) If he was actually getting lynched, what would that have done? The point is that it's not the silver bullet you're making it out to be.
4) Post 284 is one example.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #293 (isolation #22) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Vi »

Why do you think Quilford didn't vote me?
I think Quilford can answer that.

You were making an absolute stament about "all" my posts. Surely its a null tell to want to unambigiously disprove that?
I refuse to believe you are this pedantic.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #295 (isolation #23) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Vi »

Empking wrote:
Vi wrote:
Quilford can read your mind?
I doubt it.~
I know what my answer is, but I'd like to see what Qwilfish says.

You were making an absolute stament about "all" my posts. Surely its a null tell to want to unambigiously disprove that?
I refuse to believe you are this pedantic.
Of course not. That's why I asked you to clarify the period time your "all" refered to.
You can figure it out yourself.

You're not convincing me, and this is just wasting space and time.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #298 (isolation #24) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Vi »

Empking wrote:
Vi wrote:
Empking wrote:
Vi wrote:
Quilford can read your mind?
I doubt it.~
I know what my answer is, but I'd like to see what Qwilfish says.
Yet you make no attempt to get Quilfish to say something?
I think Quilford can see that remark in passing.

Empking is definitely being scummy, though im not prepared to switch my vote from quilford yet, need a tad bit more convincing i suppose.
Isn't your vote on quilford just for pressure anyway?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #312 (isolation #25) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Twistedspoon 300 wrote:Sure, the L-1 reason for Quilford was horrendous by Hiplop, but I know his scum meta and this doesn't seem to follow suit :/
What IS hiplop's scum meta?

Faraday 302 wrote:Vi/Faraday intereactions are so fucking awkward.
FTFY. Mostly on your end.

Yoshi 309 wrote:Vi's #285: Why don't you feel the need to formalize your accusations of Emp?
Everyone already knows what I'm talking about. Consider also the futility of convincing scum they are scum.

---

hiplop 305 wrote:
In your eyes, hip, what is the reason you're voting Quilford?

Hes scummy, everything he types seems forced
Example please.

You can find the reasons people don't like Empking by reading the thread (specifically my posts and pap-rat's).
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #319 (isolation #26) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi is scum/my? You said that before but there's about as much reason behind it as usual.

I can see the idea behind charterscum wanting to
kill kill kill
everyone immediately because :charter: but I don't think NOT doing that is indicative of charterTown.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #321 (isolation #27) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Vi »

Looker wrote:If you haven't replaced me yet, you should. Work just picked up all of a sudden what with Yosemite Sam going down.
You're replaced. Take care.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #367 (isolation #28) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Vi »

Teaspoon #21 wrote:Sure, the L-1 reason for Quilford was horrendous by Hiplop, but I know his scum meta and this doesn't seem to follow suit :/
Teaspoon #23 wrote:so yeah, I guess his meta is similar, however since I have no hiplop town meta, I can't make a conclusion as to if it is solely scum hiplop who posts fluff
So what you're saying is that this meta reason doesn't exist.

Faraday 322 wrote:I'm not saying it's the strongest town tell ever, but I think it's pretty lgit.
Faraday 316 wrote:and charter looks v town. his early play is strongly town
Oh really.

Looking back I think I can see why people are calling DarthYoshi scummy. So many semi-useless questions and clutter, relatively few meaningful statements. That and pap-rat isn't active lurking. (fake edit: typed before I saw charter's post)

Sloth 347 wrote:Faraday, you calling all my scumreads town is starting to get a little annoying :D
That's an odd choice of smiley. I'm assuming you have a Town read on Faraday?

While Scott B.'s post physically hurt to read, I can't disagree with the accusation on Quilford. Three days gone (but not from the site) and comes back to show us what active lurking
really
looks like.

I thought about switching my vote but Empking is avoiding this thread as much as Quilford.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #369 (isolation #29) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Vi »

That was quick. :?

*I have a Town read on pap-rat
*He isn't trying to ask why he's getting picked on (let alone only saying that)
*He would read my post enough to know he's not the only one getting called out

Although whatever you have cake for, happy
that
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #371 (isolation #30) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Vi »

Empking wrote:
Vi wrote:That was quick. :?

*I have a Town read on pap-rat
So you're voting me because I'm avoiding the thread.
And the reason you are of the opinion that I'm avoiding the thread is because you find me scummy.
I'm pretty sure there's a flaw in your logic somewhere.
It would be really sweet if you thought that much of me. ♥

*He isn't trying to ask why he's getting picked on (let alone only saying that)
So the reason you said I'm avoiding the thread is because after saying that I asked why I was getting picked on?
It verifies the accusation, yes.

*He would read my post enough to know he's not the only one getting called out
Yes but you most definitely weren't calling out PR for some reason.
I called pap-rat Town a long time ago and he hasn't done anything to shake that read.

Yeah after seeing your response I'm pretty sure that whole comment "While Scott B.'s post physically hurt to read, I can't disagree with the accusation on Quilford. Three days gone (but not from the site) and comes back to show us what active lurking really looks like.

I thought about switching my vote but Empking is avoiding this thread as much as Quilford." was just distancing from your budddy.
Explain.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #373 (isolation #31) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:56 am

Post by Vi »

ITT I'm not allowed to have more than one suspect?

I also wasn't referring to changing my vote to Quilford.

And, I just got out of a game where two of the three scum were lurkers, not badposters. What say we do things right this time?~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #384 (isolation #32) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Vi »

Empking 374 wrote:Who were you planning on changing your vote to?
His name starts with 'h' and ends in 'iplop'.

@Faraday 376 - The thing is, it's not the inconsistencies that look bad, it's the lack of information at all.

Teaspoon 377 wrote:either way, Hiplop will have to be lynched eventually, and I don't see why not now. He's a lylo hazard to say the least
Wait wait wait. I'm all for a hiplop lynch but not on policy grounds.
Is hiplop scum, or is hiplop useless?

Zdenek, come over to the Empking wagon. We're serving flounder, and it doesn't even talk back unless you poke it with a fork.

Scott - If you don't have a second scum read, do you have any Town reads?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #387 (isolation #33) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 385 wrote:god damn it I don't even know. he fooled the fuck out of me last time. but I REALLY don't think he's doing that here.
I'll compromise by adding you to Zdenek's invitation to the sushi bar.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #391 (isolation #34) » Wed May 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:Empking ( 3 ) - pappums rat, Vi, Faraday
:fail:

Faraday wrote:I fucking hate sushi though. Actually, lying, never tried it, just assume I'd hate it.
The stuff you can find in a university cafeteria is pretty good, if expensive and possibly not even sushi to begin with.

Anything that's even close to the wasabi is almost too hot for me, though.

---

pap-rat - Scott B. is null leaning
Town?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #395 (isolation #35) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi wrote:@Vi: What's your current read on Scott?
I'm undecided. His posts are bad, but they're blatant enough about it that I know
I
wouldn't do that as scum at least. Then again, I'm not a lot of people I know - Untrod Tripod-scum badposted his way through my most recent game, for instance. Pushing things scum-side is that his sig says that he's played over 20 games (most of them as Town), so it's not like he has no idea what he's doing.

I feel like there's something missing but I'm ADDing right now so etc.

Truthfully right now I'd rather lynch Empking and let Scott come out in the wash.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #405 (isolation #36) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Vi »

Twistedspoon 397 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Teaspoon 377 wrote:either way, Hiplop will have to be lynched eventually, and I don't see why not now. He's a lylo hazard to say the least
Wait wait wait. I'm all for a hiplop lynch but not on policy grounds.
Is hiplop scum, or is hiplop useless?
at the worst, scum
at the least, a LyLo hazard
both of which merit a lynch before LyLo at the very least. I highly doubt scum will kill hiplop if He's town, unless he is a strong, revealed PR :/
That doesn't answer the question.

Neruz's mod commentary is made of :lol:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #426 (isolation #37) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Vi »

pap-rat 414 wrote:After reviewing your iso, I have to agree with you. I was mistaken, it seemed to me that you had been more defensive than you actually were. You have asked a lot of questions, but they have not been pointless. So I will unvote and re-read the thread with this in mind.
Was it the pushing of the Quilford wagon while it was easy that changed your mind, or the FoSses on easy targets?

---

Scott B. 418 wrote:I still don't understand why Quil's reaction to being at L-1 has everyone running. As I said earlier, the fact that his participation collapsed after the wagon disappeared is more telling than any "WELP THOUGHT HE WOULD CLAIM PR" baseless thought.
I was ADD-high when I read through Quilford's reaction; I'm more interested in his terrible wagon.

---

DarthYoshi 420 wrote:The reason I ask is because I wonder about the benefit to be gained of asking scummy-ish looking players for town reads. If Scott doesn't have suspects, then he's probably either scum and won't be NKed (unless we have a vig/SK in the setup) or won't be NKed anyways if he's town because he isn't showing much interest in scumhunting. I'm not sure why you think he'll come out in the wash, then, and asking him to give out potentially unfounded towncred sounds like a dicey proposition.
Optimistically, if Scott B. is Town and is having trouble getting into the game, it's a good place for him to start.
More importantly, it forces him to take a stand on someone other than Quilford.

As it stands the focus on Quilford to the exclusion of everyone else is way out of place. Quilford looks bad, we get it. He's not the only person worth suspecting.

@Scott:
Empking wagon, Y/N

---

hoppip 422 wrote:thats not the case though,
i had a scumread on Empking
, i asked for further explanation on him as i wanted to know if others were thinking the same as me
It
is
too much to ask to get you to explain why, isn't it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #452 (isolation #38) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 449 wrote:
vote twistedspoon

literally claimed scum in twilight, gg.
Gammagooey isn't in this game and it's not "literally", but basically this.
Vote: Twistedspoon
(L-4)

Faraday 450 wrote:if there's a miller in the game they should claim now IMO.
:D
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #453 (isolation #39) » Sun May 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Vi »

pappums rat wrote:Image
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #457 (isolation #40) » Sun May 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Sloth 456 wrote:Faraday you're gonna have to do an awful lot of convincing.
Convincing of what?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #464 (isolation #41) » Mon May 09, 2011 12:45 am

Post by Vi »

Sloth 459 wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:
Vote: TwistedSpoon.

What Faraday said.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaa.
I have a major problem with this.
I have a major problem with this.

Vi 457 wrote:
Convincing of what?

---

Teaspoon 462 wrote:is the reason because I'm not scum? Has anyone given a reason why my post in twilight was terribad?
I don't think I've ever seen anyone distance themselves from a lynch THAT much while still validating it in what Qwilfish bolded.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #483 (isolation #42) » Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 476 wrote:
[drawn-out Cop charade]

>_>

Oh, that makes sense. Carry on then.

hiplop's reaction is decidedly NOT what I would expect from scum in that situation.

Faraday 477 wrote:Is this a townie reaction? :? It sort...sort of looks like one but I really don't know.
No, especially with the post that came afterward.

---

Sloth 467 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Convincing of what?
Convincing me that Charter is town.

DarthYoshi's sheep vote is much much worse than Vi's or Faraday's because I honestly don't think he knows why he's voting for Twisted
or why Twisted is confirmed scum
You're not talking about Twistedspoon where possible (although you're implying that the votes on him are bad), and I'd like to know why.
Especially in light of the bolded, considering you had a chance to vote Teaspoon after Faraday claimed Cop and before Teaspoon got to L-2.

---

charter - Why no vote?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #492 (isolation #43) » Mon May 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Vi »

Sloth 487 wrote:Anyways, the "confirmed scum" should have been in quotes.
Nobody said "confirmed scum" until you did. Someone said "claimed scum", which is something entirely different.

Sloth 487 wrote:I don't think the votes on him are bad - stop putting words in my mouth.
Sloth 467 wrote:DarthYoshi's sheep vote is much much worse than Vi's or Faraday's
so etc.

Sloth 489 wrote:And Vi, did you miss 479?
No, but that doesn't answer the issue I had long before you made that post.
Why didn't you vote or even acknowledge Teaspoon until then?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #501 (isolation #44) » Mon May 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by Vi »

charter 493 wrote:
Vi wrote:charter - Why no vote?

charter wrote:TS's jumping on Faraday's "guilty" on Hiplop gives TS loads of scumpoints.
That's where my vote would be going, but if TS gets to L-1, his buddies will quicklynch him.
Not to plow a dead horse but you're saying Twistedspoon
is
definitely getting lynched Today, correct? (else you would be voting someone else)

---

Sloth 494 wrote:
Sloth 467 wrote:DarthYoshi's sheep vote is much much worse than Vi's or Faraday's
1) Where in there does it say that you and Faraday's votes are bad?

2) And about spoony I didn't think much else needed to be said. I wanted to focus on my target.
1) I'm willing to stop arguing over this. (The phrase "much much worse" btw)
2) So let me get this straight.
Faraday: "Twistedspoon claimed scum in Twilight"
Sloth: "Pretty much nothing more to say there, VOTE: someone else"
Do you think charter has a better chance of being scum than Twistedspoon, even though you agree that Teaspoon is
confirmed
claimed scum?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #517 (isolation #45) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Vi »

Teaspoon 509 wrote:does anyone understand how I claimed scum in twilight or
<etc.>
Um... yes?

---

Zdenek 508 - The post you quoted doesn't actually demonstrate anything :?
But look at it.
Teaspoon wrote:you got a guilty on hiplop did you?

then I am pleased my suspicions were correct

VOTE: hiplop

*expects hiplop to claim miller or yelp about a framer*
If hiplop claims Miller or yelps about a Framer, then Teaspoon is already in position to disbelieve it. If hiplop doesn't do any of the above, then clearly hiplop is the lynch
du jour
because lolguilty. No matter how hiplop responded, Teaspoon was going to park a vote on him.

I twitched the first time I read the part of your post directed at Scott, but then I checked and saw
Scott B. #9 wrote:Vi, spoon appear town.
Scott B. #10 wrote:Spoon, charter, quilford top scum reads now.
Scott B., what happened to override that Town read?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #522 (isolation #46) » Tue May 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Scott Brosius 520 wrote:
Vi wrote:Scott B., what happened to override that Town read?
Everything twilight and after.
And where did the Town read come from to begin with?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #534 (isolation #47) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Vi »

charter 524 wrote:
Vi wrote:Not to plow a dead horse but you're saying Twistedspoon is definitely getting lynched Today, correct?
It looks like this will be the case, but unfortunately I don't get all the say in who gets lynched, just a small part.
Maybe I should rephrase.
Twistedspoon is the person you are definitely intending to lynch Today, correct?

Qwilfish 527 wrote:Also, a hammer would be bad considering how far away from deadline we are.
Zdenek 529 wrote:If I was voting, I'd be voting Twistedspoon, but I see no reason to end the day quickly, so I'm happy to leave him at L-2.
Both of you - why?

Sloth 526 wrote:Claimed scum is obviously an exaggeration - I thought what he did in twilight
was scummy
, yes, but that
doesn't make him 100% scum in my eyes
Sloth 533 wrote:When did I ever say that I think TS is town?
I think he's scum
, just like the rest of you.
"He's not as scummy as advertised" (keeping in mind what everyone has been saying) to "I think he's scum, just like you do"?
(To answer your complaint in advance - no, this isn't an unfair paraphrase.)

---

I owe this game a reread.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #550 (isolation #48) » Thu May 12, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Vi »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Zdenek wrote:Since there's not much else to talk about since my last post:

Vote Twistedspoon
uh have you been reading the thread?

not much to talk about?

my claim for starters maybe?
Actually, I think it's time for YOU to start talking about last words and so forth. Your claim doesn't matter at this point.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #552 (isolation #49) » Thu May 12, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:well he's dead now.
He's dead when the mod says so.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #553 (isolation #50) » Thu May 12, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday, anything else you want to say while you're here?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #560 (isolation #51) » Thu May 12, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday 554 - ...Fair.

Faraday 555 wrote:Hey Vi do you think the scum have daytalk? I think that'd make DY far more likely scum.
Most of the time, no, scum don't have daytalk in Normals.

Twistedspoon -
Less whining, more advice.
Really? Good riddance.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #576 (isolation #52) » Sat May 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:what
Faraday wrote:VIG AND SK AND MAFIA
Faraday wrote:someone look for a charter breadcrumb thing or something.

wait, the most probable set-up is 8/3/1 isn't it so we've got like fucking 3 scum left mad.
All of the above. I didn't think three-kill games were allowed in the Mini queue, and I review them. We can probably also bank on three Mafia instead of two if there are three kills - otherwise the entire Mafia can be wiped out in one Night. If nothing else, it's better to prepare for the worst.

I don't see anything in charter's posts that would suggest anything useful.

What this game needs right now is some NK psychology. Please hold...

Faraday 570 wrote:so like this was me wondering why the fuck Vi isn't dead yet.
I'm sure it has to do with my ridiculously awesome performance right now. 8)
Or my comic relief powahs.
...or that I've been spinning my wheels all game. Though toward the end of D2 that was deliberate.

Re: massclaim - With two Town power roles down, there can't be much left to claim. On the other hand there's probably not much we can do.

Cut by DarthYoshi starting what I'm sure is going to be a fun Day for me... and... geez let me post.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #581 (isolation #53) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi wrote:Vi--I actually disagree re: massclaim and town PRs. With two kill factions (presumably) plus a vig, there's gotta be 1-2 protective/RB roles in the setup methinks.
There's a point and you're missing it.

Faraday 579 wrote:and i think people would be like OMG Vi too.
That's pretty much NOT the response I've gotten in my last few games, please and thank you. (and I played about as well in them as I have in this one)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #582 (isolation #54) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi 572 wrote:BTW, FWIW, charter opened D2 with saying that he "re-read" me and found me to be less scummy. That might be as close to a breadcrumb as we're going to get.
Is that so.

This is the part where you claim.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #587 (isolation #55) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi 583 wrote:
Vi wrote:There's a point and you're missing it.
I'm pretty dumb. What point am I missing?

PEdit: Fine. I'm VT.
Then... a Track on you wouldn't clear you of anything at all. There would be no point in breadcrumbing that kind of investigation.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #591 (isolation #56) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:oh now, it lowers his odds of being scum as scum have a roleblocker and guy that commits a nightkill.. i thought you had something juicy.
Somewhat, yes.

I'm not confident that it's a breadcrumb to begin with, but then who reads things overNight?~

@Faraday: We're at seven players. Either 4-2-1 or 5-1-1. Or knowing my luck there's something else I'm overlooking. In the former case we're actually in trouble. In the latter case we're one worst-case from Prisoner's Dilemma. Either way if we miss Today we're pretty much reliant on crosskills.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #592 (isolation #57) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Vi »

Actually, reading through isos, there's something bothering me.

Faraday. Reads. Now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #595 (isolation #58) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Vi wrote:@Faraday: We're at seven players. Either 4-2-1 or 5-1-1. Or knowing my luck there's something else I'm overlooking. In the former case we're actually in trouble. In the latter case we're one worst-case from Prisoner's Dilemma. Either way if we miss Today we're pretty much reliant on crosskills.
what if I told you I thought the set-up was 5/2 still. do I sound insane? is it likely?
Penn and Teller would disapprove of me saying "impossible" but that's the general idea. An extra killing role on top of a full Vigilante wouldn't be allowed.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #596 (isolation #59) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:
Faraday wrote:
Vi wrote:@Faraday: We're at seven players. Either 4-2-1 or 5-1-1. Or knowing my luck there's something else I'm overlooking. In the former case we're actually in trouble. In the latter case we're one worst-case from Prisoner's Dilemma. Either way if we miss Today we're pretty much reliant on crosskills.
what if I told you I thought the set-up was 5/2 still. do I sound insane? is it likely?
Penn and Teller would disapprove of me saying "impossible" but that's the general idea. An extra killing role on top of a full Vigilante wouldn't be allowed.
Wait a minute, that just brings me back to where I started.

...on second thought, maybe it's not implausible.

Okay, I'm lost. *gives you a hint coin*
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #600 (isolation #60) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday, why are YOU still alive?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #603 (isolation #61) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:cos i fucking suck.
yyyyyeah

except

NO

You've been leading the game since the beginning.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #606 (isolation #62) » Sat May 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Vi wrote:You've been leading the game since the beginning.
well initially yeah, I guess, but I was wrong twice(?) day 1, or at least i thought i was.
...your point being...?

there's also the fact it's pretty obvious why i wasn't killed n2, especially if scum are hunting for pr's.
I don't see it as obvious.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #607 (isolation #63) » Sat May 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Vi »

There have been four kills so far...

*Neuky - Assuming that Neuky was a shot intended to hit scum - which pap-rat thought was a good idea, I suppose - the only person who expressed suspicion of Neuky was DarthYoshi. The mod said that fitz was shot at least once, which leads me to believe that someone else killed fitz as well. If Neuky was shot because he looked Town, then there's nothing to see - pretty much everyone thought that. Asking about fitz' reads is probably pointless unless someone cares to step up with incriminating meta about fitz owning them in another game.
*pap-rat - hiplop thought he was null; everyone else thought he was Town. pap-rat didn't actively pursue any of his scumreads beyond Empking, so presumably that's not why he was killed.

*Scott B. - Was pretty obviously a shot intended to hit scum. Nobody really DIDN'T expect Scott B. to be scum though, but Quilford and Zdenek were the only people to say it. Scott didn't have any suspicions outside Quilford.
*charter - Was against Sloth and Quilford. If he was killed for being Town, that implicates Zdenek and DarthYoshi.

Yes I know I'm not really implicated by any of this but I don't fall under any of those.

The Neuky part of this post was typed up when I started pressing DY so etc.

---

So. My own reads, independent of the above.

I initially thought Faraday was Town, but now I can't make heads or tails of him. That really makes me uncomfortable, especially with how I'm wondering why HE's still alive right now. Leading the three-Scummy offense at the beginning of the Day REALLY suggests a setup. I'm still bothered by his response to the collapsing Quilford wagon as well.

Zdenek is one of my picks for a partner to Twistedspoon because of this timeline:
*469: Teaspoon is scummy for legalistic reasons but I won't vote him
*508: Teaspoon's response to the fake guilty is null and Scott B. is a bad person for suspecting him AND charter simultaneously
*529: Vi's reason for caring about the fake guilty is not satisfactory BUT Teaspoon is scum anyway BUT I'm not voting him
*548: Well okay we can HAMMER now

All of eight posts to his tally as well.

DarthYoshi reads poorly as well. The posts D1 are huge but they don't go very far or say anything. He sheeped right onto the Twistedspoon wagon D2, and went right out the gate D3 calling me a "policy kill" while insisting he had no idea why Scott B. was killed when it's pretty obvious.

I think everyone knows my opinion of hiplop. On one hand I'm inclined to call Town with his response to the Miller claim, but on the other hand he has like three irrational L-1 votes to his name. The fact that Twistedspoon called him out on being a "LyLo hazard" is really sketchy and points in his favor though.

Quilford claimed Townie and then left. I didn't understand the wagon before and while I know he's been fairly useless since I find his wagon more interesting than him. His D2 activity actually wasn't bad.

Sloth is the Sloth we all know and love from waffling on Twistedspoon.

This should help show why I wanted a reread Yesterday - I have essentially NO solid Town reads. After the hammer, I decided to put a hold on it - revealing anything in Twilight was basically asking to be killed or not based on how right I was.

---

Quilford
-
Scott Brosius,
Faraday, Sloth,
charter, Empking,
hiplop

hiplop
-
Neuky,
DarthYoshi, Quilford, Sloth,
Twistedspoon

Empking
- Vi, Faraday, Zdenek, Sloth, Quilford,
charter, pappums rat

--

charter
- Sloth,
Scott Brosius,
Twistedspoon

Twistedspoon
- Faraday, Vi, DarthYoshi, hiplop,
Scott Brosius,
Zdenek

Sloth is on almost all of these wagons, except the one that was definitely on scum for waffly reasons.

I expected two scum on the Quilford wagon D1 (unless Quilford himself was scum); since Twistedspoon wasn't on the wagon and flipped scum I'm still quite inclined to lynch from there.

The hiplop and Empking wagons contain everyone presently alive, so I'd rather leave that alone.

It's hard to really do much of a check on bussing Twistedspoon since we were pretty much at a supermajority for lynching him; it mostly turned into a posturing contest for who didn't want to catch flack for voting him late.

tl;dr

Scum

Sloth
Zdenek
Faraday
DarthYoshi
'
Quilford
'
hiplop
|
|
Town

I'm going to hold off on my vote. There's still something else I need to look at.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #611 (isolation #64) » Sun May 15, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Vi »

Why is Quilford not posting in this game?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #614 (isolation #65) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:33 am

Post by Vi »

Re: kill flavor and Neuky - I don't think that qualifies as flavor so much as a statement of fact...
That and pap-rat's "bah" post pretty much confirms that he shot Neuky, leaving the question about where this OTHER kill went. I'd say it's probably more likely to be with the person the mod said was killed more than once, unless we all want to flame Neruz after the game ends for deliberately misleading us (read: bastard modding).

Re: Scott B. - I don't know what the motives were, that's why I'm trying to cover all the bases. There's pretty much only one reason to kill Neuky, and pretty much only one reason to kill Scott B. - that they might not be the same reason isn't a big deal.

Re: charter - There's an interesting story behind that; I'll tell you later.

Just checking, how many of those Scummies were for good play? ...oh, just the one that 18 people have. Amazing how when I was Prof. Paragon almost nobody talked about it ingame.

---

Zdenek 613 wrote:The fact that both Faraday and Vi are alive bothers me.
Expected/10
It's old news now. You can stop stealing convenient lines from the people who post before you.

Zdenek 613 wrote:I think having another day without outing our power roles is best for the town.
What makes you so sure we're going to have another Day?

That interesting story got more interesting.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #616 (isolation #66) » Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Vi »

Nonetheless.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #629 (isolation #67) » Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday 617 wrote:
Vi wrote:Why is Quilford not posting in this game?
Hasn't he being pretty much not posting since his wagon went away?
That depends on which game you're talking about.

I'm vanilla. Sloth can go next.

Sloth 621 wrote:DY + Vi, why are you not voting me?
That's a good question, and it has to do with that something interesting I was mentioning earlier.
Fake edit given vote at end of post: I was waiting to see if Zdenek and/or DarthYoshi jumped on you.

623 and 625 - Backup Vig? That's actually a possibility, but...
Zdenek 623 wrote:I had a backup vig shot and used it to kill Scott, so we probably aren't expecting two kills tonight.
I don't see this as reliable. I highly doubt that a backup is one-shot while the original version was not. Zdenek was scummy before and I wouldn't take his word for "we probably aren't expecting two kills tonight". Last, I'm still not sold on Neuky's "at least once" kill being pure flavor, despite the retcon.

Faraday, I'm surprised you didn't think of this immediately. Do you know something I don't?

This is the move for Today then.
Vote: Zdenek
(L-3)
If Z is an SK, we don't lose.
If Z is not an SK, we don't lose.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #646 (isolation #68) » Sun May 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 631 wrote:Why would he out himself as SK?
It stops him from getting lynched Today, and Today is all he would need.
Incidentally, Universal Backup isn't under the Normal umbrella and isn't one of the acceptable non-Normal roles.

At this point I don't think there's a point in arguing this out with you.
if you know what I mean
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #661 (isolation #69) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 652 wrote:what do you think now Vi?
My thoughts have only changed slightly.

DarthYoshi 653 wrote:Once I decide what to think about his claim, that will likely determine whether not I'm voting for
[Sloth]
or
[Zdenek]
Are these the only people on the table?

DarthYoshi 653 wrote:@Vi: How does Z win today by basically claiming SK? Or, how does it stop him from being lynched? Because we'd follow Faraday's scenario and gamble that scum would crosskill Z?
If Z is the SK, we would be in one of {4-2-1, 4-1-1} now. If we mislynch Today, and if at least one Mafioso and the SK survive the Night; we will enter a Kingmaker scenario where the game will be decided by which scum is Bulletproof. {2-1-1 or 1-1-1}.

It stops him from getting lynched because lol power role. Based on his play I don't think it would be a good idea to give Z the benefit of the doubt.

Faraday's weaseling is really getting frustrating to watch.

Cut: I see your question and raise you a counterquestion - Why are you interested in who thinks Z is an SK?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #665 (isolation #70) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 662 wrote:tracker and vig versus 3 scum and serial killer? yeah, no.

...I have no words.

Unvote: Zdenek

Sloth 664 wrote:I would feel good about lynching DarthYoshi. Anybody else?
I would feel good about introducing my forehead to my desk and coming back when I'm not embarrassing myself.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #667 (isolation #71) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Vi »

Rest assured you're still frustrating.~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #669 (isolation #72) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Vi »

Or wait, you DON'T want to be frustrating. Well etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #672 (isolation #73) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Sloth 671 wrote:I'll take that as a yes.
I hope you don't mean a "yes" from me, because I might have other plans.~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #674 (isolation #74) » Mon May 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:Vi/DY scumteam?
N

oh wait you probably weren't asking me
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #683 (isolation #75) » Tue May 17, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi 676 wrote:@Vi: No, Z and Sloth aren't the only two on the table; at the time of the post, they were my top two suspects, hence why I was deliberating between voting either of them, and your analysis on Z was strong enough that I was open to voting him and waiting on lynching Sloth.

...that said...tbh, I think lynching Sloth will also be informative as to YOUR alignment, Vi. You've repeatedly expressed suspicion of Sloth today but have declined to vote for him, even after unvoting Z.
"Declined" is an interesting word for "want to reread when I'm fully awake".

If there are other people on the table, who else are you willing to vote Today?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #686 (isolation #76) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Vi »

Is it just me, or was your previous V/LA
also
related to something offsite? :igmeou:

Waiting on... half the game to post.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #700 (isolation #77) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi 691 wrote:@Vi: During D3, you've been explicitly suspecting Sloth for several RL days now. You've been sleep deprived for all of them....?
1) Most of them, yes. It comes with being me. But off that personal note,
2) I've "explicitly suspected"
everyone else in the game
. Sloth hit the top of my scumlist at the time I made it, but that doesn't mean anything special. In fact,
3) I mentioned earlier that I wasn't voting Sloth because I wanted to see if you/Z were going to jump on him after what happened D2. And while you didn't vote Sloth immediately,
4) trying to push me onto the Sloth wagon is about the kind of incriminating response I was looking for. It's even better because
5) I really don't think you could dodge my earlier question about the possibility of voting someone else much more. I mean this most recent post was etc.

Quilford replacing out actually doesn't surprise me. I'm definitely not interested in lynching until he's replaced.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #703 (isolation #78) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi wrote:
Vi wrote:2) I've "explicitly suspected" everyone else in the game. Sloth hit the top of my scumlist at the time I made it, but that doesn't mean anything special. In fact,
3) I mentioned earlier that I wasn't voting Sloth because I wanted to see if you/Z were going to jump on him after what happened D2. And while you didn't vote Sloth immediately,
4) trying to push me onto the Sloth wagon
is about the kind of incriminating response I was looking fo
r. It's even better because
5) I really don't think you could dodge my earlier question about the possibility of voting someone else much more. I mean this most recent post was etc.
Point blank, Vi, is Sloth still your top suspect? If yes, how come you didn't vote for him (especially since you had no similar compunctions about quickly voting Z)?
He's one of three I'm willing to lynch Today. Zdenek more or less had it right, swapping my name for Quilford's. The vote on Z was policy.

More importantly, I don't see a reason to rush through this Day.
Reconsidering...

If I suspect three people, and assuming two of them are scum, and we have potential for one mislynch, theoretically there's no problem with lynching any one of the three Today.

But, there's still the possibility of me being wrong; and beside that, I would feel more comfortable seeing Quilford get replaced before we lynch.

Then again, Sloth isn't doing more than laying low... and the flip will be informative.

Yes.
(L-2)
Some of my concern came from how for some reason I thought it took three to lynch <_<

Bolded emphasis mine. Confirmation bias is confirmation bias. But the "I wanted to see..." excuse is weak; if you really thought I was scum (which the bolded phrase heavily implies), you'd have voted Sloth because a townie voting Sloth would have given scum more cover to hop on and try to get the easy lynch.
As a matter of fact, I
wouldn't
do the very thing I'm watching to see if someone else would do. :igmeou:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #708 (isolation #79) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Vi »

Zdenek 705 wrote:Vi, who do you think Sloth's buddy is?
As much as you're not going to like this answer, there's no point in dwelling on that without a flip.
*Exception: if nobody in the game can feasibly be Sloth's scumpartner
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #710 (isolation #80) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Vi »

I feel like I should be saying something but I don't know what to say.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #721 (isolation #81) » Thu May 19, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Vi »

Post 717 is correct, but left out the awkward start of D1 and how he was on the Quilford wagon for the sake of wagoning.

Faraday, why did you vote DarthYoshi?

@mod: I voted for Sloth, like, a page ago

>:C

Happy now?
Last edited by Neruz on Thu May 19, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #725 (isolation #82) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 am

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:
>:C

Happy now?
~

Faraday 723 wrote:-The TS association (Sloth calls him out in twilight of D1 but instead votes TownCharter on D2 and doesn't even try to lynch TS)

^ I don't buy this as being damning. Reason to stay off the obvious and almost guaranteed is...?
...the same reason everyone had for not voting Tspoon - it would have been L-1 or a hammer.
To contrast, he had the chance to vote the spoon way back at the beginning of the Day and didn't even mention him until coerced to do so.

Also, this.
Vi 534 wrote:
Sloth 526 wrote:Claimed scum is obviously an exaggeration - I thought what he did in twilight
was scummy
, yes, but that
doesn't make him 100% scum in my eyes
Sloth 533 wrote:When did I ever say that I think TS is town?
I think he's scum
, just like the rest of you.
"He's not as scummy as advertised" (keeping in mind what everyone has been saying) to "I think he's scum, just like you do"?
(To answer your complaint in advance - no, this isn't an unfair paraphrase.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #730 (isolation #83) » Thu May 19, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday 727 wrote:idk don't see a buddy.
The sauce, it is weak.

Zdenek 729 wrote:He was one of the first people to declare Quilford town after his claim, this was before Faraday declared him town, so he wasn't sheeping him. He'd also been pushing Quilford fairly hard, so it seems to be that scum might have been a bit more hesitant to give up on that lynch than he was.
Disagree all around.
He had no reason for voting Quilford, his pressure consisted of one barb and one explanatory post, and his unvote was as immaterial as his vote.

Zdenek 729 wrote:In this post he was one of the first people to attack TS for his comments around Empking's lynch. Scum could have just as well ignored it. Plus, scum would have talked about it over night, and I strongly suspect that they would have arranged for him to bus to avoid exactly this situation.
This is somewhat fair. Even for a bus, though, the wagon rose REALLY quickly.

Zdenek 729 wrote:I also that it's pretty doubtful that he's your buddy or Quilford's buddy. I also think that based on some of his interactions with Vi, that he's probably not Vi's buddy. If I thought that Hiplop was scum, then I'd think that the two of them being buddies would be a possibility (Sloth has voted him a few times, but always unvoted pretty quickly and he seems to have dropped Hiplop as a suspect today), but I don't.
I'm not sure I agree, but regardless there's someone missing in this analysis.

stripes
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #731 (isolation #84) » Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Vi »

Before I forget again.

I'm
V/LA Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #738 (isolation #85) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday 733 wrote:Vi you don't find Sloth's stuff w/r/t Quilford looking townish?
As evidenced by my previous post, no. Why?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #740 (isolation #86) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Vi »

Keep talking, hip of the lop. Say whatever comes to mind.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #745 (isolation #87) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Vi wrote:
Faraday 733 wrote:Vi you don't find Sloth's stuff w/r/t Quilford looking townish?
As evidenced by my previous post, no. Why?
Well cos I do.

---

The only thing I can find that's close to "charter defense thing" is how charter stopped suspecting him as much D2.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #809 (isolation #88) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Vi »

Setael ### wrote:
Vi wrote: If hiplop claims Miller or yelps about a Framer, then Teaspoon is already in position to disbelieve it. If hiplop doesn't do any of the above, then clearly hiplop is the lynch du jour because lolguilty. No matter how hiplop responded, Teaspoon was going to park a vote on him.
That’s because TS knew hiplop was scum, clearly. How is Vi not seeing this? Oh wait, right. Scum buddies. Ok, that makes sense.
You've played with me (and everyone else) before; you know how I can see everything except what's in front of me. :P
As it stands, the explanation of Teaspoon knowing hiplop-scum does make sense, as does your response to the counterquestion of what TS-scum vs. hiplop-Town would look like. It's certainly enough to recant the too-dumb-for-scum defense I've given him so far.

Beyond that, though, my opinion hasn't changed. Setael's megapost has a noticeable lack of convincingly explaining why Sloth is Town, and it's not like Sloth has done anything better since I left. Faraday-Town isn't being contested, not after the gambit D2 AND knocking me out of fantasyland D3. DarthYoshi, if nothing else, isn't ACTING like scum Today, so that plus Tracker results are enough for me to lynch someone else. Zdenek is Zdenek. So, Sloth and one of {hiplop, Setael} for scum, and I'm more willing to lynch hiplop than Setael because :effort: .

Setael 803 wrote:If someone posted a wall of death on me when I was town I'd go ballistic and refute every point. Because I'm town so it's all garbage and can be refuted.
I don't agree, but that's just me.

Three people, two scum, one mislynch allowed - I'm willing to hammer hiplop and see what happens. Any last words, hippilopstocking?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #812 (isolation #89) » Sun May 22, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday 810 wrote:-----------------------[] I guess. We have his reads (lol reading dead player suspicions, who does that)
I didn't ask for reads so much as a last chance to see squirming. Besides, frankly I wouldn't put a lot of faith in hiplop's reads.

Then again, I don't need to see any more and I don't think anyone except the silent Sloth has considered objecting to the hiplop lynch, so
Vote to Hammer: hiplop

Faraday 811 wrote:though I'd never say 'lol good case on me bro' as town either.
I've done it before in the same game that won charter his revenge not-quite-vote. That was one of many low points in my career.~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #825 (isolation #90) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi 821 wrote:Town probably has this in the bag. For all practical purposes, Faraday and I are both cleared, and if Setael is scum, then I'll eat my hat. We have presumably just one scum left, and a mislynch available.

Let's lynch either Sloth or Vi. If one flips town, we'll lynch the other tomorrow. Good game.
I'll take your offer.
(L-2)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #831 (isolation #91) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Vi »

Setael 830 wrote:I'd forgotten Zdenek was vig, so it seemed odd he'd be NK'd over Faraday, you or me.
I don't understand this, particularly in regards to how it makes me more likely to be scum.

I feel very powerless right now, and I distrust that quite the bit.
As it stands, I don't really mind the lynch at this point - as long as Sloth is the last scum. Just don't be stupid in LyLo, and etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #834 (isolation #92) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Vi »

I believe I answered that question.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #839 (isolation #93) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi wrote:And FWIW, I replaced in almost solely to get to play a game with you. I rarely do themes, and from what I know about you, you rarely do normals, so I was looking forward to it. Glad we caught you, but sad you were scum and not town. :(
Thank you. I don't have a lot of time any more, so I play games I'm interested in... and given that I follow shiny things, those tend to be Themes. Plus I'm reviewing Normals now, so that kind of limits which ones I can play.

That, and I went /in so I could play with Juls :/

---

Neruz, I'm very sorry I spoiled the end of the game. I'm just very bitter about how it went down, through no fault of your own. I'm not even going to claim I was playing well - I would have been surprised if I lived through Day 3; some points were really embarrassing - but Setael's replacement was obscene and so was Quilford's post-claim play. Although on the plus side I'm glad to see Setael is both alive and as good as I remember :D

Probably the only other thing worth mentioning is this quote from the scumtalk, over Night 2.
Vi 142 wrote:Ah...

Given that Twistedspoon is scum, his #36 is a pretty clear indication of one of the following.
*Faraday is scum with Twistedspoon and knew there would be a Frame job on hiplop. This is possible but viciously improbable.
*Faraday is Town and Twistedspoon, expecting Faraday-Cop, knew hiplop-Town was Framed. Not bad if you don't mind the existence of a Framer.
*Faraday is Town and Twistedspoon, expecting Faraday-Cop, knew hiplop-scum was caught. This is most likely.

asdjkajkjk
I can't show them that.
But if I don't show them that then that opens the door for one of THEM to find it. If that happens, I can only hope it'll get picked up by one of the remaining power roles (who we'd be shooting anyway) and hope for the best at 3P LyLo.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #843 (isolation #94) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Vi »

Oh right.
pap-rat - you're not a VI. I had you killed N1 (over the protests of the others, who wanted Faraday) because you showed independent thought at the end of the Day.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #845 (isolation #95) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:wait why kill me when i'm defending hiplop anyway? that'd have been silly. plus I thought I was relatively obviously *not* a pr (though I tried to get in a if I was a vig I'd shoot ts post but the thread was locked)
It's this thing called "competence" and it's why people tend to die early in games regardless of whether they have a power role.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #860 (isolation #96) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:the n3 kill didn't really affect anything anyway at all.
This tbh.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #872 (isolation #97) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Vi »

Quilford - Nobody asked you for optimum play. We're asking you to play.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #879 (isolation #98) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Vi »

DarthYoshi wrote:FTR, TS's slip is why I am adamantly against posting during twilight, regardless of alignment, unless you have a damn good reason to do so. Way too much can go wrong as town or as scum.

Faraday, you were solid until D3 and then you just became paralyzed.
Things are much more likely to go wrong for scum though. Townies posting in Twilight can look very Townie.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”