Open 306: Lovers Mafia: Empking Checkmate (OVER)

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 306: Lovers Mafia: Empking Checkmate (OVER)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin's Shell was one of those dives you heard so much about: tacky lighting, random techno played to anime on monitors playing in the background, dance floor with lights, plenty of horny singles and the most alcohol heavy drinks around. The bar's owner (and head bartender) found it his job to play cupid, and while certain pillars of the community found it exceedingly dissolute and part of the reason the community was falling to shit, it was the most happening place.

Or, it was, up until one slow Thursday. Only a handful of you showed up, normal patrons all, except for maybe a couple of newbies. Ghost had just recieved his weekly threat from the local Moral Minority group that they would do anything to shut him down for being a place of sin and vice, particularly the vices of lust and gluttony. Love waits, was the argument, and for continuing to spread the sin, he was guilty and was going to be judged.

The night was young. It was ten o'clock when it happened in succession: the lights went out, the flash of gunpower, a loud click, and then, the lights flashing back on, your eyes adjusting to find Ghostlin, dead, behind the bar, what looked to be part of the torso blown out from a shotgun blast.

The shotgun was empty beside him. Surprised, one of you tries to pick up the phone, and there is no dial tone at all. When you try the cell phone, there is no signal, and when you try to open any of the doors, they are all locked shut.

Seemingly cut off from the rest of the world, you must find the people who brought Ghostlin 'judgement'. Since they're murderers, you decide a little old fashioned justice is in order. After all, you have to use the few hundred feet of speaker cord for something.

Ghostlin, Bartender/Owner of Ghostlin's Shell,
Pro-Town Moderator
, Found Dead in Pregame!

Still Alive (2/6):

Fenchurch
chkflip

Judged (Dead):

Mist7676,
Vanilla Townie
, hung with speaker wire but found innocent Hour 1.
Empking,
Vanilla Townie,
, also similarly hung and found innocent Hour 2.
Crazy,
Vanilla Townie
, shot with a derringer in Endgame!
C-Worl,
Vanilla Townie
, also shot during Endgame!

Deleted from Existance (Modkilled):

No One (let's keep it that way)

Game is in:
OVER.
Mafia
Win!
Last edited by Ghostlin on Wed May 18, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Ghostlin »

(Credit and thanks to Nobody Special for letting me adapt this rule set. Modified for personal taste and flavor.)

General Rules

1) This is a game. HAVE FUN.
2) I, as Your Moderator, have final say in everything. If I make a mistake, please send me a PM to discuss it. Votecount errors can be pointed out in the thread.
3) Anything in the thread that should draw my attention should be bolded, thus: @Mod, blah blah blah.
4) You may not talk about this game outside of this thread; exceptions are only when your Role PM allows it.
5)
Bolded Purple
is my color. Do not use it, under penalty of Impersonating The Mod (which is modkillable; don't make me do it).
6) Posting in other colors is allowed.
7) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PM from Me. Likewise, do not quote from any outside communication.
8) Do not post in invisible text or tiny text. If I have to "Quote" your post to be able to read what you made small, I will Not Be Happy.
9) I will post votecounts no more often than once per page, or once per real-life day, whichever is less. If there's been a burst of activity, and I've not posted a votecount, feel free to send me a PM.
10) If you somehow have the ability to edit your post, do not. You will be modkilled and changed to neutral Survivor, thus handed a game loss. Due to the nature of the game, this will start a new lynch phase (Day, for our purposes).
10a) Flavor is flavor. Nothing in the flavor reflects Actual Game Mechanics. You are free to ignore the flavor (except, of course, that you'll hurt my feelings; I expect to spend a good deal of time creating flavor, and I think you should at least read it. However, it has no bearing on the game. At all.).

Player Activity

11) I do not (always) automagically prod players. If you would like a prod sent, ask in-thread. Prods will not, however, be sent until a player has not posted for over 72 hours.
12) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 36 hours or you will be replaced. If you recieve three prods, I force replace you on the third.
13) Please don't be annoying, such as posting in l33t or ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME. I may not modkill you, but I will probably will do something creative.
14) Be respectful of each other and your mod. If I feel you are crossing a line, I may warn you or replace you or modkill you at my whim (and dependant on the behavior).
15) Votes MUST be bolded and MUST be at the beginning of the line that they are on (flush left, if that makes it clearer).
16) Notwithstanding Rule #15, if I think it's a Vote, it's a Vote. Be very clear of your intentions.
17) Unvoting is optional, but appreciated. If you choose to unvote, treat it as a vote.

Deadlines and actions and such

18) "Hours" (Days) will have a three week deadline; extensions will rarely be granted, and then only in extenuating circumstances.*
19) If activity severely lags, I may or may not institute a shorter "Hour" (Day) deadline. You will have at least 72 hours notice should this happen.*
20) This game is nightless.*
21) I will often post what time it is in the game with the deadline. This will have no effect except for flavor. 1 real life day~3 minutes, for the curious.*

Death and other matters

22) No-lynch requires a simple majority.
23) If the required number of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be NO LYNCH.
24) Lynching requires a true majority of votes from the living players. Every votecount will have the number alive and the number required to lynch.
25) Once a lynch has been reached, everyone may talk until I post the death scene.
26) If you are night-killed, you are allowed one "Bah!"-type post. No game-relevant content allowed.

Miscellaneous

27) I reserve the right to modify these rules if necessary. Any rule changes during the course of the game will be clearly announced in the thread.
28) Do not tempt The Mod. Do not annoy The Mod. Do not get The Mod wet, nor feed The Mod after midnight.
29) Do not admit to not having read The Rules. I get very, very upset about this. The rules are here for a reason. Read them, follow them, know them.
30) Read Rule #1.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Fri May 06, 2011 7:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Ghostlin »

This is an Open game, which means the setup is known.

Four of you received this PM:

Welcome to Trouble in Ghostlin's Shell!

Up until now, you've been single, a partier and loving it. The hookups, the booze, everything was going great until that fateful night when you decided to stop by Ghostlin's Shell, your favorite spot to drink and carouse, and maybe you'd pick up an attractive guy/girl there.

That was until you were trapped in something that mimicked closer to fim noir than nightclub, with the owner and bartender found dead when that light trick went off. There's six of you, and someone here must have done this. You'll handle this like frontier justice...you know, like that stuff with cowboys and junk. They hang real murderers all the time, right?

Being a party dude (or dudette), you have no powers, no geegaws, just whatever logic remains after freaking out and finding the owner dead and your vote on who might have done this. For the purposes of this game and the mafia parlance, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Win Condition: Eliminate anyone trying to kill or get the patrons of Ghostlin's Shell killed. You win the game when this condition is met, or nothing can stop the same from occuring. (You still win even if you are dead when this condition is met.)

Two of you recieved this PM:

Welcome to Trouble in Ghostlin's Shell!

You are members of the Moral Minority group. Extremists to the core, you believe that sex should not survive outside of marriage, and that loud music, anime and drinking are all tools of the devil. You are here to insure that no one will want to visit this den of sin again, even if you have to pile up the bodies to do so.

You have been happilly married and devoted to your partner, XXXXX. You realize that this may be your last stunt, but you will be made martyrs for your cause. You can't picture living without XXXXX, and so you have a derringer to join them if the plan of using the lame frontier justice game to get them all to hang themselves (by their own votes, without not much more than a little nudge from you) so you can both shoot the remaining with your derringers.

You have mastered the intricacy of a number of hand signals and the near telepathy of being with someone entirely too long. You may use this to talk to your partner at ANYTIME here: www.sesamestreet.com

Being a married couple with only a single shot a piece to clean up either yourself or these sinful lowlifes, you do not have a nightkill, and there is no night in the game. However, you can decieve town with your words and condemn them quicker with your vote. For the purposes of this game and the Mafia parlance, you are a
Mafia Goon Lover

Win Condition: Eliminate the patrons of the hellhole you find yourself in. You win the game when you have achieved this task or nothing can stop it from happening (ie, you have enough remaining shots in each of your derringers to kill the remaining patrons).
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Working on Randomizing and sending out PMs now. Please Wait.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Ghostlin »

OK. Roles out. Opening thread. Once I receive confirmations here from all six of you, we will begin. The following people sent me confirmation PMs while I was sending you the thread PM and do not have to reconfirm: Mist7676, Fenchurch
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #5) » Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

And that's 6 confirms. Hour 1 Begins Now.

VoteCount:

Not Voting (6): Fenchurch, Crazy, Empking, chkflip, C-Worl, Mist7676

With 6 Alive, it takes 4 to lynch, and 4 to No Lynch.

Time Now in Game: 10:00 PM

Deadline for Hour 1 to end and Hour 2 to Begin: Friday, May 27th, 2:00 PM MTN.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #6) » Fri May 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

OK: to clarify. C-Worl did not confirm in either in private communications with me or on the thread. I opened the game accidently a touch early. We will continue to play Day 1 since a good majority of you are here, just ignore the mod error.

If C-Worl doesn't post in thread in 72 hours, I'll look into a replacement.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #7) » Fri May 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

VoteCount 1.1:
C-Worl (3, L-1): Fenchurch, Empking, Mist
Mist (1, L-3): C-Worl

Not Voting (2): Crazy, chkflip,

Time Now in Game: 10:03 PM

Last edited by Ghostlin on Sat May 07, 2011 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Sun May 08, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VoteCount 1.2:

Mist (3, L-1): C-Worl, chkflip, Empking

Not Voting (3): Crazy, Mist, Fenchurch

Time Now in Game: 10:06 PM

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Sun May 08, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Mist7676 wrote:QUOTED MOD :o

So EmpKing you suspect chk and Crazy are town because they haven't voted. That makes them look more like scum looking for the right townie to lynch. ( looking for an easy-lynch)

The exact quote came from an in game source, was not an attempt to pretend to be me, hence it
is
permissible by the rules.

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #10) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Ghostlin »

No changes in vote count. 1.2 is correct.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #11) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Still no change in votecount. 1.2 is correct. Will update votecount when votes change.

Time in Game: 10:12 PM

Deadline for Hour 1 to end and Hour 2 to Begin: Friday, May 27th, 2:00 PM MTN
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VoteCount 1.3:

Mist (3, L-1): C-Worl, chkflip, Empking
Empking (1, L-3): Mist

Not Voting (2): Crazy, Fenchurch

Time Now in Game: 10:12 PM

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #13) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Fenchurch wrote:
Mod: prod Crazy please?

Doesn't look like he needs a prod now. Thank you for letting me know.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #14) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VoteCount 1.4:

Mist (4, LYNCH): C-Worl, chkflip, Empking, Fenchurch
Empking (1, L-3): Mist

Not Voting (1): Crazy

Time Now in Game: 10:15 PM

That's lynch. Lynch scene forthcoming.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #15) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

After much discussion amongst yourselves and some hysterical screaming (a lot of you have never seen a dead body before this point), you attempt to figure out, even as addled as some of you are, who is responsible and likely to be a Moral Majority member. After all of 15 minutes of debate, you decide that Mist7676 MUST be a member of the MM, and proceed to hang her with speaker wire (it takes more than one set of knots) cowboy style. Searching her possessions takes you a little while...

...and while you find out her ID is apparently false, she's got enough party drugs to make anyone happy, and one of you is the happy owner of 20 bucks, she is obviously NOT a MM member.

Mist7676 was a
Vanilla Townie

You spend the rest of the hour drinking morosely and trying to figure what to do next. When it's 11 PM, then, you know what to do. Get these MM scum before they get you.

VoteCount 2.0:

Not Voting (5): C-Worl, chkflip, Empking, Fenchurch, Crazy.

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch, and 3 to non-lynch.

Time in Game: 11:00 PM

Deadline for Hour 2: Wednesday, June 1st, Noon MST
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #16) » Fri May 13, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Vote count hasn't changed. Deadline is correct.

For those of you concerned about flavor, Current Time: 11:06 PM.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #17) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VoteCount 2.1:

Fenchurch (2, L-1): C-Worl, Empking
C-Worl (1, L-2): chkflip

Not Voting (2): Fenchurch, Crazy.

Time in Game: 11:12 PM

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #18) » Tue May 17, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

VoteCount 2.2:

Empking (1, L-2): Fenchurch

Not Voting (2): Crazy, chkflip

Time in Game: 11:15 PM

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #19) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

The room gets tense as the bottles of beer that have been broken over the bar, the pitched voices get shriller, and then calm, before the storm. You have divided into two camps on who will die tonight, is a MM member among them? Or will Ghostlin's Shell be destroyed by the factions that made war here in the fundamentalist war that's happed here today? One person so far has abstained, will he make the right choice (or is there a right choice to make)?

Not that there's pressure or anything.

VoteCount 2.3:

Empking (2, L-1): Fenchurch, chkflip

Not Voting (1): Crazy

Time in Game: 11:18 PM

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #20) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

The words no sooner leave Crazy's mouth; "I think it's Empking," then he's being strung up, choked for dead with more of the eomnipresent speaker wire.

You search Emp's body, his wallet, and everything else you can find. Condom in wallet, about $40, and a little Escascy, but no MM card. He wasn't a member of them.

Empking,
Vanilla Townie,
lynched Hour 2.

You turn around, surprised, to find Fenchurch and chkflip holding hands, making those kind of disguising googly eyes at each other.

"It went well, didn't it hun?"

"Yeah, darlin', it did." You hear two bangs, and that's the last thing you hear. The sound of gasoline hitting the floor, a freeze frame of a really bad anime translated clip "People die if they are killed," and a song playing in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U. And Ghostlin's Shell burns down as the lovers, victorious at last, stroll into the night.

A victory condition has been fulfilled, that means:

Crazy,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed.
C-Worl,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed.

That means Chkflip and Fenchurch,
Mafia Goon Lovers
, Win!

Hey guys...hope that was fun for you. Commentary to come. This is my first modded game, let me know how I did. Also, scum, let me know if you don't want me to post the QT.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #21) » Thu May 19, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Mod comments:

1) All of you were awesome. No replacements, no prods, and I think there was only one point in the game where I went 'what are they doing?' Which is great.

2) Both scum and town played well this game: Mist was indeed a easy lynch Hour 1, but it helped both factions equally. Mist: be sure to pay attention to the game, otherwise this'll happen. Fen was more likely to be scum than chk, but even then it ended in a hard, hard choice, because I could see at the end of the game C-Worl/Emp. Crazy, you did the best with the information you had.

3) Adore this setup--not only is it easy to mod, it forces hard choices from both sides of the equation, and keeps everyone guessing until the end. It really, really REALLY punishes bad play, particularly bad scum play. I could of shortened the deadlines by a week and the game wouldn't have suffered.

Return to “Completed Open Games”