havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by havingfitz »

farside22 wrote:Fitz: Can you please do me a favor. Give me a scum list with reasoning. Also explain to me how is it that the one person you have a town read on is a slot that has been replaced 4 times now = town. I know a game I had 3 people replace a slot and that slot was scum. Replacements = quantity is null at best.

I know you asked politely but I'd rather not. If I did I would just be ISOing myself to reiterate points I have already made on the players I have suspected. Which you can do as easily as I can. My rationale on the replacement thing is weak but in the absence of any significvant suspicions...the replacement thing tends to tip a player slot more and more towardxs town the more it's been replaced. No problem with anyone not agreeing with this train of thought but I'm onboard with it. This opinion is compounded by the fact I do not recall anything scummy from the pre-ZF players. ZF I had some doubts about but 3/4s of the slot's players have been ok for me. "Replacements = quantity?"

Not interested in an extension.
This game is dragging as it is and I think a flip would do it some good.

@farside....you are on CDB and s/he looks like they are going to be the lynch. Why do you want an extension? Especially with this game dragging so much and the replacements seemingly having caught up. Should they be the ones looking for an extension?

PS mod...I'm no longer v/LA and thanks for the subtle FYI on the vote countdown.
I had not noticed it was linked to the deadline date.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Magua »

No yabba defense of CBD makes me sad panda.

Deadline's in just a bit over 12 hours from now; 1pm CST.

To everyone who's not voting CBD: I'm not interested in voting DeathRowKitty. I'm *really* not interested in voting Toasty. I *am* interested in voting yabbaguy, but I see no yabbaguy wagon. The possibility of getting a yabbaguy wagon is the only reason that I would vote for an extended deadline, but from what I've read, I don't think enough people will go for it.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

getting an extension will just stall this game further. It just means the same thing will happen tomorrow.
CDB or yabba are fine with me, but (obv) CDB is much more likely at this point.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Given the overall activity level of the last three weeks, I am actually not inclined to grant an extension. Deadline is 11 hours from this post.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Magua »

Farside asking for an extension while being on the leading wagon, and farside grilling me about being on the same wagon she's on are both super town-tells for her, btw.

p-Edit: BURN!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Magua »

Magua wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:Also, making scumbuddy connections before a flip is not clever.

So....what do you think of yabbaguy then? Town? Scum?

@CDB:
An answer to this would be nice. A claim would be nice, too.

Also, who you think is scum would be nice. You say you're voting Toasty because he's the only wagon available to you. I'd like you to ignore that and just flat out tell me who you think the scum is.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by Jora »

havingfitz, Sundy, you would not get DRK lynched anyways. Maybe at least one of you will vote TT, just in case CDB claim or something?
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

OK, due to class I'm not able to write up any kind of long post until this afternoon, but I'll be on and active when I get back in a couple of hours or so.

Pending that, though, I am vanilla.
#greenshirtthursdays
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 am

Post by havingfitz »

If no one beats me to it I will hammer CDB before the deadline in 6 hours...just in case the full amount of time allows CDB to make any other comment.

Also
FoS Sundy
for nothing.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 3:14 am

Post by farside22 »

fitz wrote:@farside....you are on CDB and s/he looks like they are going to be the lynch. Why do you want an extension? Especially with this game dragging so much and the replacements seemingly having caught up. Should they be the ones looking for an extension?

If I could ever explain in words how much I care about playing mafia and wanting to see a scum hang. It's frustrating to me how many people just lag and don't give it all.
CBD said something that felt townish. It surprised me and I'm not sure what to make of it.
I also didn't unvote because I do believe a lynch gives information.
I also have mixed reads on Magua. ZF was scummy in his non-answers. Magua is really good at playing scum. He knows how to charm in the beginning so he is someone worth keeping an eye on.
I believe TT is more town then what cdj produced. DRK brought up a different prospective that is hard to ignore. I searched the post and asked myself question on cdj and his reactions and behavior. I came back with an inconclusiveness results.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:03 am

Post by Jora »

This game sucks. I think massclaim will make it much funnier tomorrow.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:09 am

OK, back, I have about an hour and a half before I need to go out again so I'm gonna use that time to reread a few people and get some opinions out there for you guys. This will probably be a bit spammier than I usually like to be, so I apologise in advance for that.

Let's start with Yabbaguy, seeing as Magua asked me about him. On my first skim-read when I replaced in he didn't stand out either way. I've just reread him in iso and he comes out fairly townish. He encourages succinctness from DRK early on, which is a pro-town thing to do, and I thought his vote on startransmission was fairly good. Something that bothered me a little was that he spent a while before that vote talking about how the scum were most likely in the lurkers, but waited a little before actually voting for one of those lurkers. But generally he's in the habit of having opinions and sticking to them consistently.

I'm going to look at farside and Sundy next. farside because she seems to be doing exactly what Magua had a go at me for (having one's cake and eating it too) with regards to saying how she thinks my thoughts on Toast's claim looked townish but she's still sitting on my wagon at deadline, and Sundy because I honestly can't recall anything (s)he's done in this game.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:15 am

This post makes me want to vote farside.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:16 am

ChannelDelibird wrote:This post makes me want to vote farside.

This response also makes me want to vote farside - she ignores the flip-flopping and inconsistencies that Sundy said led him to have a funny feeling about her and simply derides the phrase "funny feeling" instead.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:17 am

Vote: Toast
by the way, not going to get any other wagon off the ground, obviously.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:23 am

I have a problem with fitz making a pretty-much-entirely gut vote on cjdrum and then saying that DRK and Toast are suspect for doing apparently the same (Toast was on record saying it was a gut vote too).
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:25 am

This post feels forced.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:31 am

So does this one.

I could see ZeroFang as scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:32 am

Fitz just talks vaguely about iso rereads changing his views one way or the other while not really saying why. Case in point.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 am

And by ZeroFang I mean Magua, of course, who gave plenty of opinions but with pretty much no reasoning attached to any of them upon replacing in. His thoughts on whether DRK or Yabbaguy could be my hypothetical scumbuddies were good, but unless I'm mistaken the only things he actually said about me/cjdrum were linking to two posts by cjdrum which he simply said got "five minuses" from him and then criticising what he saw as fencesitting from me on Toast - which I have said is understandable, but that's pretty much it so far as his case goes. He doesn't give any reason as to why Toast should not be lynched today despite the fact that it's clearly a choice between the three of us, you'd have thought he would want to try and give the people voting Toast at the time a reason to leave that wagon.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:43 am

So yeah, if you're asking me to call the scumteam right now, I'd say farside/Magua. I haven't looked at connections between the two yet, because that's silly to do before either has flipped, but those are the two scummiest to me so far, with fitz behind them.
#greenshirtthursdays
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:22 am

Post by havingfitz »

This is one of the worst games I have played in with regards to formulating suspicions. Very frustrating. I do not have any clear frontrunners for scum or town in my mind. Just when I begin to think one person is scummy I change my mind or someone else makes my radar go off. I have no excuses for not providing any concrete suspicions....if CDB does flip town it will of course point to 1-3 people on his wagon as scum...but even with that in mind, I would still be flipping a coin to choose between the people on the wagon aside from me (pending my vote). uuuuuuuuugh.

So CDB...you don't think either of the other frontrunning wagons are scum? Why vote for one of them then? Just to save yourself?

I must say...early afternoon EST deadlines suck. A nice 10pm EST deadline would have probably provided more opportunity for wagon shifting.

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:29 am

havingfitz wrote:So CDB...you don't think either of the other frontrunning wagons are scum? Why vote for one of them then? Just to save yourself?

Uh, yeah. Of course. Would you rather I voted for someone with zero votes at what I believe was five or so hours until deadline? What use would that be? Realistically one of myself, Toast, and DRK is getting lynched today - I know I'm town, I think DRK is town, I see Toast as null. Therefore it's pretty obvious to me who I should be voting. What are you trying to say here?
#greenshirtthursdays
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Jora »

I already feel how CDB flips town. :( I know it's wifom, but if he would be scum, he probably do something... I don't know - fakeclaimed, or get gone, but not this - you see he still trying to help this town.

havingfitz, if you feel in similar way, vote for TT, maybe someone help. I think TT's lynch would be better.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:32 am

ChannelDelibird wrote:I have a problem with fitz making a pretty-much-entirely gut vote on cjdrum and then saying that DRK and Toast are suspect for doing apparently the same (Toast was on record saying it was a gut vote too).

ChannelDelibird wrote:Fitz just talks vaguely about iso rereads changing his views one way or the other while not really saying why. Case in point.

Fitz, did you want to respond directly to either of these posts?
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Open Games”