Open 304 - Hard Boiled, Game Over. Was DY's Dystopia saved?

nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:30 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

VOTE: chesskid

Of the two people I know in this game, I'll choose him so I can start the first bandwagon.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon May 09, 2011 12:13 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Personally, I think the scum should raise their hands.

@mod: What time zone are the deadlines?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon May 09, 2011 2:01 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

chesskid3 wrote:How am I helping the scum PR hunt?

If you really are a townie, then the scum have one less person to look at to be the vig/track. But I think you're scum so it doesn't matter. :wink:
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Mon May 09, 2011 5:35 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Also, cool, I'm scum.
Why am I scum? what did I do taht has pro-scum motive?

Softclaim/hardclaim/whateverclaim VT on page 1? Explain scum motivations or gtfo with your chesskid-is-scum read.

TIA!

1. I see nameloc's vote as random.
2. I found your reaction a bit interesting, but still a null tell. Another pressure on you won't help much for now, tbh I wanna see nameloc's reaction to your reaction too, and damn you, I think I've said too much in this point 2.
3. I wanna see everyone posting and play! I picked the don, well..why not...perhaps this could lead to another wagon, who knows.. another wagon to compete means more discussion.

unvote
vote: nameloc

The softclaim or whatever you want to call it is completely null and pushing it seems forced.

Hmmm....I thought it was pretty obvious what I was doing. And no I'm not softclaiming. More later.

Like, I don't freak out when people call me scum, I freak out when people call me scum for no reason, especially on page 2.

Even if someone calls you scum for no reason on page 2, what is there to freak out about if you are not scum?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:13 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

chesskid3 wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
nameloc wrote:But I think you're scum so
it doesn't matter.

He's not pushing chesskid due to his vig/track business. He's pushing him because he thinks he's generally scummy.

hence the reasons why i'm generally scummy or gtfo post.

Which has still not been provided.

Do you believe all suspicions need "stated" reasons?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:02 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

chesskid3 wrote:Post 28 suspicions? Yes.

Quit stalling.

I disagree, and here's why: a typical scum-hunting tactic is to put pressure on another player and judge their reaction. My statement of my suspicion of you was a reaction-fish, plain and simple. I wanted to see how you would react to such an early accusation. But now that you know, can you answer my earlier question: Even if someone calls you scum for no reason on page 2, what is there to freak out about if you are not scum?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

don_johnson wrote:those quotes that nameloc just posted are mismatched.

Not mismatched. Just forgot to be labeled.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Mon May 09, 2011 10:08 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Woops, I just realized my vote for Chess didn't count either. Oh well, I was going to unvote anyway.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Mon May 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

don_johnson wrote:no, they're actually mismatched, and you are scum. you have erased any doubt from my mind.

Oooookay.

But I did "misunderstand" something......the talk about softclaiming was about Chess not me and I don't know why I was thinking they were referring to me.....oh well I was never pushing Chess about his soft claiming anyway...
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Mon May 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Scott Brosius wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
nameloc wrote:But I think you're scum so
it doesn't matter.

He's not pushing chesskid due to his vig/track business. He's pushing him because he thinks he's generally scummy.

There was nothing else of note chesskid did to that point besides that business. So either it is because of that, or it's completely baseless. Either way I like my vote.

I explained why I said that in post #60.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #10) » Mon May 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Amrun wrote:
unvote; vote nameloc

74 is incredibly scummy. How could you forget you didn't softclaim?

I was wondering if people were thinking I was soft claiming detective. Which I wasn't.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Tue May 10, 2011 12:21 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Amrun wrote:Why would anyone even think that? My vote stays.

Cause I'm blonde and I just realized this game didn't have a Night 0 start.......and I got the detective psychologist confused. :oops:

Oh geez what is with me this game :(
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #12) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:50 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

VOTE: DeityKabuto

He needs to explain his chess read and if it's an ongoing game, he needs to come up with something better.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #13) » Tue May 10, 2011 3:31 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

chesskid3 wrote:.....
Unvote

Vote: Nameloc

:igmeou:

There's a difference between having an "unexplained" reason and having a "poor" reason.

His was "poor" and I'm merely asking him to elaborate.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #14) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:36 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

DK wrote:I am experimenting, you see. Since a couple people have votes on chesskid, chesskid will try his best not to screw up, if it appears that he's trying to hard, and appears a bit lurky, then he's scum.

If you say that the reason of your vote is to put pressure on someone, it kinda beats the purpose. That's why I waited a while before I gave my reasoning for my early chess suspicion. You didn't even give him a chance to respond before you say what you're looking for from him.

With you there is something not adding up:

DK #7 wrote:Vote chesskid3

You trolled part of the Superhero mafia, lulz.

[quote="DK #78]My only suspects are chesskid, because of a meta in a different game.[/quote]

DK #94 wrote:Um. I said my reason for chesskid, it wasn't really a serious vote. Right now, I am building up a list of suspects who I find scummy by their words/actions.

Why is it that chess is your only suspect, but later you say that the only reason you voted for him isn't serious? Explain please!

DK #97 wrote:@HellloooNewman

What I'm thinking now is that we are both just townies who feel suspicion against each other. I have been put in the position you are in as how a townie gets really upset or defensive when attacked innocently. But in the game that I was like that, I only made myself look worse and nobody believed me. I am not saying that you are scum or anything, I am just saying that we should both try to scumhunt now.

This is the weakest defense I believe I have ever seen. I can see scum motivation all over the place here.

@toffee: Your defending of DK is noted. I love also how you say: "If every time Deity's oddness were forgiven by me just because I think he's a newbie, this could back stab me hard if in the end he turned scum, newbie scum." If DK ever flips scum, it won't look good for you.

I don't understand the RC wagon.

@don: If you ever decide you don't want to tunnel me, I would like to hear if you have any other suspicions.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #15) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:39 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

QUOTE FAIL LOL!! Gotta love it. It should look like this:

nameloc1986 wrote:With you there is something not adding up:

DK #7 wrote:Vote chesskid3

You trolled part of the Superhero mafia, lulz.

DK #78 wrote:My only suspects are chesskid, because of a meta in a different game.

DK #94 wrote:Um. I said my reason for chesskid, it wasn't really a serious vote. Right now, I am building up a list of suspects who I find scummy by their words/actions.

Why is it that chess is your only suspect, but later you say that the only reason you voted for him isn't serious? Explain please!

Lesson learned: if you make a detailed post, hit preview before before submit! :lol:
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #16) » Thu May 12, 2011 9:57 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Amrun wrote:I didn't like nameloc's attack on chesskid, which I did comment on even if I didn't say nameloc's name. And then I didn't like the whole softclaiming business... I didn't like it A LOT. I don't see anyone able to explain how that could have come from town. (Maybe DH wants to take a gander?)

I admit I effed up, but not as scum. I thought they were referring to me with the whole softclaiming business, and I had a blonde moment and just got my game mechanics mixed up. In my defense, the last open game I played (SSSS was the mod), we had a Night 0 start. I forgot this game didn't. I wasn't saying I was softclaiming, I was saying I thought they thought I was softclaiming.

Amrun wrote:nameloc thought he softclaimed as detective when he had done nothing of the sort. How can that come from town?

This is a misrep. I never said I thought I was softclaimed detective, I said I thought they thought I was softclaiming. Confusing I know. I effed up. Nothing more I can say about it.

Ummm.....Surye....what you did is a strawman. Just admit it and move on.

Toffee wrote:It's true night actions are so vital in this setup, it just that VT is still town, and could be in good player's hand "if lucky", and the thing is, it is town job to find scum, not killing each other apart.
The "hero" thing came from the fact that you kept pushing the idea of how g-o-o-d it is to aim for a VT lynch on D1, to me, it seems like try looking pro-town with "good-cover" objective.
So, obviously I'm not with you w/ D1 VT-lynch here.
RC, I just don't get it, supposed we all are agree w/ you w/ this D1 VT-lynch thing but failed in the end, I just can't see you would be satisfied and not kept pushing another VT-lynch on the next day, what make you so sure D1 will got your "happy ending" and could continue "ideally" w/ scum hunting on D2?
Why should we be convinced w/ chesskid lynch in this case? Why am I wrong in believing if you, are in the middle of tricky-scheme, directing us to the wrong lane?

Toffee, your whole case against him is how you don't agree with him. You're making
assumptions
about him that IMO have no weight. I don't necessarily agree with him either, but I don't see how he's scummy for it.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #17) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Hey y'all:

Been unexpectedly busy the past few days. I'll try to play catch-up tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Open Games”