TT; Book 1: Bible Verse Mafia - Game over!

LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:10 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

mith wrote:Curious why LML is asking me, rather than someone who is actually voting for him. I could put together a summary of why I thought he was scum; I've changed my mind since Wednesday though. I am pretty sure he's innocent now. I'm going to re-read tomorrow to see what I think about LB.
He's the leading vote getter, you were STRONG on his bandwagon for a while, too. I want to know WHY you thought he was scum, and now, at lynch minus 2, why you've changed your mind.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:10 am

Post by VitaminR »

For me it was mostly his ninth vote on FD that struck me as scummy. Other than that, early bandwagoning and no real attempts to contribute.

I thought Coron and Kerplunk not posting for a long period and returning with a bandwagon vote and no content was also suspicious.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:17 am

Post by VitaminR »

Hmm... just looked up his verse. I believe his claim.

Unvote: RoadBird

Vote: Kerplunk

For returning with a bandwagon vote without promised argumentation.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:38 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Psalm 107:8 wrote:Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men,
what exactly is his role, do you think?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:42 am

Post by VitaminR »

The role he claimed.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:47 am

Post by LyingBrian »

the problem is he didn't claim a role, he claimed an ambiguous Bible verse...
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:49 am

Post by VitaminR »

He claimed townie.
Although, re-reading it doesn't match armlx's verse at all. And that seems a lot more like what I'd expect from a townie.
Unvote: Kerplunk

What does everyone else think?
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:01 am

Post by LyingBrian »

that's EXACTLY my point, VitaminR! if he's NOT a vanilla townie, then he must have a role... we can reasonably assume that armlx was pro-town... 3 of the 4 people who have died so far have BLACK text following their names... and everybody knows that pro-town roles make up the biggest percentage of players... i think we can also reasonably assume that armlx's verse is the vanilla townie verse... which brings me back to my question...

what is RoadBird's role based on the verse he claimed? a "thanker"? :roll:
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:07 am

Post by VitaminR »

Yeah, I know and I agree with you. There is just something about his claim that makes me doubt myself. I can't really explain it at this point.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:08 am

Post by Fuldu »

LyingBrian wrote:that's EXACTLY my point, VitaminR! if he's NOT a vanilla townie, then he must have a role... we can reasonably assume that armlx was pro-town... 3 of the 4 people who have died so far have BLACK text following their names... and everybody knows that pro-town roles make up the biggest percentage of players... i think we can also reasonably assume that armlx's verse is the vanilla townie verse... which brings me back to my question...

what is RoadBird's role based on the verse he claimed? a "thanker"? :roll:
What evidence do you have that there's a single vanilla townie verse? If I were running this game, I'd have given different verses to each of the vanilla townies. Roadbird has outright claimed "townie" and the fact that he's claimed a different verse from armlx isn't any reason, so far as I can tell, to disbelieve him. Oh, and look, my vote is already on you.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:50 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Even if it is so, I think claiming townie should not save one from a lynch, as otherwise this would be too easy of a play for scum.
unvote, vote Roadbird
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:03 pm

Post by VitaminR »

True, there is just something about his claim. It is very similar to my verse. But I'm not sure Cadmium would not foresee that kind of confirmation.

Thoughts?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:35 pm

Post by RoadBird »

bleh...

I do not have a role period. I don't care if you people believe me now. Just use that info when my verse turns up black.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:03 pm

Post by mith »

Huge FOS: VisMaior

Yesterday: "I think [no-claim] is bad play because it is safe play for scum.
Today: "I think claiming townie should not save one from a lynch, as otherwise this would be too easy of a play for scum."

Most of Today: Voting for Pooky and then LyingBrian, with comments like "I dont really like the speed on the roadbird wagon." and "Pooky is a ot [sic] more scummy then Roadbird, I think... ".
And then: You suddenly switch to Roadbird, not because anything has come out with new suspicions/evidence against him, but after two players have come out saying he is likely innocent.

This screams of trying to rush through a lynch on an innocent that might otherwise get off the hook and hiding behind some ridiculous claim based reasoning. If I thought there was any chance of getting you lynched today, I would be voting for you.

LML: Just use the filter on my posts and search on Roadbird. I argued with him a bit yesterday (more for being incoherent and bandwagoning than anything else) and voted for him late because I thought FD was innocent and he was the next best bandwagon. Today, I said I'd be happy lynching him and was leaning toward him (over LB)... not sure how that's the same as me being "STRONG" on his bandwagon. You've seen me strong on a bandwagon before.

I found him suspicious for the bandwagoning, the not-making-any-sense, and the lack of comment on CA's post.

I could make a semi-WIFOM argument here (Why would I suddenly declare him innocent if I were lying scum?), but that's a bit pointless.

Still, I'm not going to reveal why I think he's innocent just yet; I am still trying to decide whether the benefits (likely saving Roadbird) outweigh the risks. I'll continue thinking about it today. Don't put the final vote on him until I post again, at the very least.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:09 pm

Post by VisMaior »

You suddenly switch to Roadbird, not because anything has come out with new suspicions/evidence against him
there ws a claim inbetween. Have you not noticed?
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:36 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

4 LyingBrian (Fuldu, Commodore Amazing, RoadBird, Fritzler)
8 RoadBird (Dragon Phoenix, Thoth, PookyTheMagicalBear, LyingBrian, EnderX, Coron, Kerplunk, VisMaior)

1 Dragon Phoenix (inHimshallibe)

not voting (3): Iammars, mith, VitaminR

9 to lynch.

Deadline retracted for now.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:06 am

Post by RoadBird »

@VisMaior:

Are you telling me it's better for a townie to lie about his role? That a townie should claim something else and confuse the rest of the pro-town players? That's lame.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:19 am

Post by VisMaior »

No its best for a townie to suck it up and take one for the team.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:50 am

Post by RoadBird »

So if another townie finds himself in the same position tomorrow he should be lynched too? All townies should be lynched for the sake of the team? I think lynching me is an affordable loss, but lynching townies just because they're townies isn't a good thing.

If I hadn't believe your claim you would have my vote by now.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:52 am

Post by VisMaior »

Yes: if people are suspicious of a townie and he claims townie, it should not save him. Its too easy to off powerroles otherwise: if we dont lynch townies, mafia will simply claim townie, and suspicion will shift. Suspiciously acting townies should, indeed, take one for the team.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:03 am

Post by mith »

Yes: if people are suspicious of a townie and he claims townie, it should not save him.
But you
weren't
suspicious of him. He claimed townie over two weeks ago, and you twice implied you didn't think he was suspicious.

Vote: VisMaior
. I'll switch to LyingBrian if forced to by the deadline, but I will not tolerate poor meta-game logic in the place of voting for people you actually find suspicious. Besides, if we don't lynch hiders/docs, mafia will simply claim hider/doc...

:roll:
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:07 am

Post by VisMaior »

Except a hider/doc can be proven.
unvote, vote Mith
for CrapLogic
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:09 am

Post by mith »

Meh, screw it. Probably not solid play, but I'm too tired to think about it any more.

Psalm 107:31. There's four identical verses in Psalm 107; I think it might be some sort of weakened mason type role. I wouldn't put it past Cadmium to have left one as a safe scum claim, though I'm not sure how this would've been done considering all anyone was sent was a verse and whether they needed to send a choice. Even so, I see no reason to lynch Roadbird today. I expect to die tonight for this, but a clever scum probably would've picked up on what I was hinting at anyway.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:10 am

Post by VisMaior »

And Im still waiting for your reasons why you think Roadbird is innocent.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:11 am

Post by RoadBird »

Which one is it? "Suspicious townies should be lynched" or "Townies should be lynched because scum may start claiming townie"?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”