A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:04 am

Post by DTMaster »

Ew 27 pages. I will read naoz (after kickboxing)
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

Post by DTMaster »

Day Unmute Hascow

Day Kill DGB
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:09 am

Post by DTMaster »

I need a new day action since I do day kills too many times :<. But yeah I'm here.

One of these days I'll actually be a day vig.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:02 am

Post by DTMaster »

Oh nice checking in. I'm going to be behind till Sat/Sunday for the reread. Note to self: Look at Xotom's voting pattern and take account now that he fliped Stark scumz (but the Starks are totally the heros in the book v.v. well... meh there's no defined good or evil with some characters). I kinda see MoI starting this. Since this is day 1, it's very likely that we have distancing here so that should be taken account. Usually I'd expect a 2:1 ratio on scum attacking town and 1 scum bussing all the time (just typical strats).

Also some notes that I'm skimming:
While it's worthwhile for you to outline your dayvig targets, the day vig obviously has the final say. I usually say: I like X killed, Y lynched, and Z investigated. but its up to his discretion :p
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by DTMaster »

K sorry about stuffs.

Due to the interest of time I didn't finish my read on Day 1. However I skimmed over stuffs and picked out key things that I thought of while I mull over some reads.

1. Aside: I need to find the link Benmage but there was a self-aligned lyncher with a scum target in one of my older games. I'll pull it out.

2. I skimmed over Chess because from previous experience of OOT, he has very accurate scum reads. Out of his reads these players stand out:

Diddin - Dead and revealed to be Stark; Xvart; MoI.

Generally I'd thought that the noise of his play style would keep him alive a bit longer, but he must have struck a nerve somewhere. I'll do an indepth Iso read later of Xvart/MoI so for now I'll see how they come across at the moment.

3. A quick Iso skim of Diddin sez: He hated Ice but changed his mind later (so me). He actually Voted Magus, but in the process attacked Zdenek. Then he completely drops it for Raiviann. The link established between Maguna and Raviann (or replacees) seems to be wishy was. Finally he doesn't pursue BL.

If I had to assign distancing cases, I would look into BL and Zdenek. I'd strongly look into BL since Diddin focused on a "scum slip", but left it a float in favour for a Raiviann wagon. By association of Diddin's analysis, I'd consider Maguna and Raviann slightly more townie from not reading their posts. I'll get to that later to see what they do.

4. MOI: Impressions about the Envoy powers come across as pro-town. I was reading over Chess to see why he might have died (and saw lots of MoI where NK implications point to him). I mean, calling out DGB on meta information is pretty wacked for her.

5. BL: Has a pro-town ish argument about 3rd parties (even though it's more favourable for scum to back of the Zoraster wagon for numbers, it's just they can turn on it on a dime). The problem comes from the fact that Stark-scum are more likely to turn on the 3rd party wagon for easier lynches then town. It gives them the ability to actually scum hunt. So I'd consider looking at the people who blindly joined the Zoraster wagon rather then justify their answers.

(e.g. From a quick look Benmage is very vocal about this, so I wouldn't put him as scum under the above criteria)

6. BL: If we accidentally nominate a Town aligned player, the lack of votes doesn't matter. A townie would still pursue cases regardless of vote status. If someone just gives up, then I'd be more suspect of that player. Classic self incrimination. Your argument is off, here and makes me go wat?

I would call it an almost scummy argument just because good townies wouldn't give up now with our strong lead.

7. Ghostlin: The "bad = scummy argument" at face value is really bad. Since I don't have the background info at the moment the laziness of the argument is really strong here. If someone is just bad at this game, but shows determination to hunt scum that's not a scum player. Intention is key, not ability. I'd normally be all over this, but I'm going to hold back to make sure I get all the information correct.

8. Ghostlin: The change in stance is normal (ideas change, etc, etc) but your nomination and your voting status doesn't correct this. Had you questioned/attacked Raviainn to gain more information I'd be more sympathetic to your read. You're not looking good at the moment.

Non-Raviann arguments. I wantz them. You just nulled a bit of your case here.

9.Ghostlin: Wait where did your nonsensical-Raviann case go? There's a clear distinction between anti-town and scummy that you established earlier. But now it vanished and you're sticking to the Rav-scum case. Like, wut? What was the point in bringing up the crazy theory? I don't see any initiative from you in trying to dispel them, especially since they contradict parts of your case.

Break time :3
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by DTMaster »

1. Ghost: Nvm I see you put a BL case up.

The BL case is good. The key arguments that I like are:
a. The has vote. I need to look at that closer to verify but that's pretty damning.
b. Name cop slip (?).
c. Vote fails.

If the earlier posts are like this, then I change my Ghost read to a town read rather then initially seen as scummy.

2. Note to self: Compare the ratio of fluff posts to content posts. The defense made me think of MD more then the game.

3. Magua: Leading into Day 2 pre flips, I assume you had a town read on Diddin?

4. I'm a bit of a sucker for frustrated posts. Hmmmmm... emotional anger is seeping through BLs defense. Possible positive feed back look of anger?

However to add: If you were following LAL and you caught Raiv lying, I'd expect a stronger conviction from BL. Self doubt isn't really a scum tell, it's just paranoia. Which is weird. But the constant attacks is revealing BL's thought process which I find kind of normal if you're frustrated. I'd say I agree with BL's statement about the circular logic in the face of that particular point. It gives her town points since emotional play is more of a townie characteristics (they are more emotionally invested in hunting scumz).

5. I like Magua's question to Thor. Taking the step to counter defenses is part of scum huntings. Lots of effort/work involved. Maguna gets town points for that.

6. I dislike Xvart because he attacks both Ghostlin and BL, but didn't take time to look at the full Ghostlin and BL interactions. This post is awful and makes me think that both addressed players are town while Xvart isn't really scum hunting. Xvart, considering that Ghostlin is attacking BL do you regard one of them to be scum or both?

Considering that you want to envoy one and vote the other, I get the impression you have scum reads on both. But their interactions suggest otherwise.

a. I'll concede though more context would help which is a fine point in the Ghostlin argument. Everything else is just parroting.

7. Uhhhh... huh. Progression of ideas = normal. Stretching the truth? Not normal. Thor, that's really self incriminating.

K that's it for today. Catchup later. Midtermz FTL
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Since I noticed you can raise/unraise.

Vote Ghostlin, Raise Xvart
for my current reads. Forgot to do that since I expected to post more, but I need to get back to studies.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by DTMaster »

That's in order of scuminess btw.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 am

Post by DTMaster »

Huh I called Ghost Scum in my first post (inital day 2 reads). What are you talking about Raiv?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:06 am

Post by DTMaster »

I said if the Earlier posts are like the Post by Post analysis then Ill change from
a scum to a town read. I have yet to read them.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Just saying that I won't be able to post till Friday (any thing substantial at least). I just read Lynch's action claim. That's random, but a town claim (premature kill action claim suggests more behind the scenes, but that's best said for a later date at the full claim). Though this changes my initial notes.

We have someone that can confirm that scum tried to shoot someone (well duh, since 2 kills) since a Stark still died. I have 1 theory, but this said person who I think it is has a confirmed person. Don't claim (duh) this till you're ready to.
I was going off the fact that Chesskid might have caught scum (hence his death but his anti-town meta), but that nullifies my earlier notes in regards to Chess :S.

Anyways, I'll post answers to questions tomorrow.

Selfnote: BL, Ghost, Xvart. Any other DTM questions.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3141 (isolation #11) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:32 am

Post by DTMaster »

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3202 (isolation #12) » Sun May 08, 2011 11:49 am

Post by DTMaster »

But Kinetic shot it down.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3208 (isolation #13) » Mon May 09, 2011 11:42 am

Post by DTMaster »

LynchMePls wrote:You don't like sparkly vampires with the chiseled marbled skin of a greek god? Y NOT!?!?

When I hear Faraday's voice this is what I imagine.

Also I'd pre-in just for the lulz of the flavor.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3210 (isolation #14) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I was so glad when he died in the games/books :3
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3212 (isolation #15) » Tue May 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Those spoilers are important for the resolution of the first book and things that happened so far in the show. :p That and... dun dun dun kings. Oh i love the books and glad Dance with Dragons is done so I can buy it when it comes out, read it in a few days, the weep for 5 years till the next book lol.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”