Mini 1170: Nowhereville Mafia '11- Over!

Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu May 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Quinnster »

/confirm
Little triggers, how do you do?
I've been waiting, waiting for you.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Quinnster »

1. Playing as mafia's quite a bit of fun, but being a good townie can be just as invigorating.
2. Usually once a day.
3. EST
4. I don't tend to trust anything I can't back up. Otherwise, where would my hunch come from?
5. Depends how much information I have to dispense. Likely not.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Quinnster »

VOTE: Necessary Evil

Because the new TMNT movie was so awful.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Fri May 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Quinnster »

Right now, it takes 7 to lynch. I'd worry if you were putting on the 4th or 5th. Nobody is going to poop their pants over a random vote, and if it started a bandwagon, you could still remove yourself. I always just assumed RVS was a part of the game, it gets things started.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Fri May 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Quinnster »

First of all, since we're out of RVS, UNVOTE:

Secondly, elfen, I personally don't care whether you like RVS or not. You placed one then walked away and said you didn't believe in it. If you don't believe in it, why did you place one in the first place. You don't have to explain a random vote, it's random, but you still seem to be trying to dodge any criticism you may garner from it.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Quinnster »

I was taking my cue from SleepyKrew's assertion that we were out of RVS. Things were starting to happen, and I don't like holding a vote I don't believe in once the game gets going.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Fri May 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Quinnster »

I'm going to reread and start my notes tomorrow, so I'll have better figured out what I think then.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Sat May 14, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Quinnster »

I don't believe there are yet, but I do believe that real discussion has started. Do I disagree with the pressure against elfen? No, I think he has some explaining to do. I just don't want to misplace my vote right now. Apologies if that seems like I'm trying to get everyone else to unvote. I'm really interested in this elfen/sleepykrew argument, especially with Necessary Evil's quick interjections. I understand trying to stir the pot, but he could be more specific.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #8) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Quinnster »

Having re-read the thread, I must say that I'm getting very town vibes from Sleepykrew. Thorough, calling people out on shit that needs to be called out, and putting the pressure pretty much where I'd like to see it put. However, where I differ is that I believe Elfen to be unreadable at this point. If he had more experience and was playing this way, I'd call him scum right off, but right now he seems desperate. It's really hard to get a read on a desperate person, as they're grasping for straws in the same way scum without valid reasoning do. We've backed him into a corner and seen that he caves a bit under pressure. Good, now we know, let's move on.

My two main suspects right now are Kalofer and Espeonage.

Kalofer I find scummy for his general play style. Claiming to "love bandwagons", voting because he has "nothing else to do". He's a wild card and a shit disturber, and it's not really helping the town. Kalofer, I'd like you to explain your vote on The Kool. A real explanation, not just boredom.

Espeonage is also a liability to the town, saying that he's not even going to scum hunt today. He's going to town hunt. Great, it's not like the mafia are trying to look like town. If you look for town attributes, you're going to find them in everyone. If you look for the tiny slip-ups that make people scum, you're doing more good for the town. Also, it makes me uncomfortable that you claimed that The Kool was the next person that needed to justify themselves, without any real reason why. Explain why you think The Kool is scummy, please.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Quinnster »

You know what? VOTE: Espeonage. I forgot to do that, but I'm suspicious enough of him to do this.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #10) » Sun May 15, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Quinnster »

I'll read NesEvil in ISO in a bit. But, Kool, what Kalofer and Espeonage want to do (townhunting) is look for people they believe to be town, not lynch them. They're working the process of elimination from the other end. I don't agree with it, but they're not trying to lynch townies.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Sun May 15, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Quinnster »

Have fun meta-ing Korlash.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #12) » Sun May 15, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Quinnster »

Kalofer, yes. My mistake. I'm playing with a Korlash in my other game.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #13) » Sun May 15, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Quinnster »

Oh, shit, elfen. NEVER quote the mod's pm. That is grounds for a modkill.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #14) » Sun May 15, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Quinnster »

I also want to say that now that I've thought it over, I can see how townhunting CAN be useful, but not at this point. The ratio of town to mafia makes it an impossibly large process of elimination. I think it's much better to start with scumhunting.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #15) » Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Quinnster »

Oh I have my own town reads right now. I think Sleepykrew is town, based on the fact that he's been on the same train of thought I have. What I don't agree with is townhunting as an alternative to scumhunting. We need to be doing both, all the time.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #16) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Quinnster »

Espeonage, since you're trying so hard to get The Kool to post a case with quotes using from ISO, where's yours? You haven't made a real case for anyone yet. Your play has been nothing but scummy so far. From randomly saying The Kool was the next person who needed to justify, to saying you're not going to scum hunt at all today, to your hasty vote on Kalofer, when you admit you don't fully suspect him. You're consistently acting anti-town, and I'm quite happy with where my vote is. If push comes to shove, I'd change my vote to Kalofer or possibly charter, but nobody else is in the same realm of scumminess as you three.

Kalofer, will you and Espeonage just hurry up and get married? Hell, in post 215, you call yourselves "we", unless I'm reading it wrong. Do you have proof he's town? Because he's been acting mighty scummy, and the way you hump his leg makes you look scummy by association.

Charter, I'm anticipating seeing where your suspicions come from. You make it sound like they're obvious scum, but I don't see it. Convince me.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #17) » Mon May 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Quinnster »

Stay here. We are your new family. You have no needs but us. WE ACCEPT YOU'RE ONE OF US GOOBLE GOBBLE.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #18) » Tue May 17, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Quinnster »

The Kool, that doesn't help. I'm on your side. I believe you are town. However, you can't duck under a tarp of newbiness. Do whatever you believe in, whether it's agreeing with someone else or forming your own case, as long as you can back it up when push comes to shove. If you can't, I can't stop them from throwing you under the bus. Will I get flak for this post? Likely. Will Espeonage and Kalofer say I'm scumbuddies with you? Probably. But you need to know. More from me later.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #19) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Quinnster »

Okay, The Kool. Here's what it comes down to. I was asked why I find you so pro-town, so I went back and read your ISO. You're playing really scummy, and I honestly can't blame people for finding you suspicious. However, I don't want to waste today's lynch on someone I believe so strongly to be pro-town. I want you to claim. I suspect that you've been breadcrumbing, and that's the only reason I have for finding you pro-town. If you're a PR, claim now so we don't lose a townie today and another tonight.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #20) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Quinnster »

I can't defend myself here. It was a dumb thing to say. I looked at my options but clearly didn't think things through. I understand being lynched today if it's in the town's best interests. I simply couldn't make a Pro-Kool game when asked to, and resorted to the only shred of proof I have. In my defense, I have seen it done on the site before. I still believe Kalofer and Esp to be scum, but understand completely what my actions may have caused.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #21) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Quinnster »

I see where I made my error. I assumed someone had told elfen to claim earlier when he did. However, nobody asked him to, he just did. Feel free to crucify me, shit. I hope this doesn't come across as an AtE, I'm just recognizing my own scummy play. I'll answer any and all questions about it.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #22) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Quinnster »

As I said, I'm willing to answer any and all questions. Not trying to dodge flak.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #23) » Tue May 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Quinnster »

I was asked to defend him against a large number of people who were suspicious of him. I had already showed my allegiance to him earlier on without explaining it, so I felt the need to. In retrospect, I should have heightened my actual case, instead of forcing a claim (a claim I had "proof" for, no less!).

Also, yes, he wasn't at L-1. More bad playing from me. I have no excuse for that. I've been incredibly stressed for other reasons recently, and I let them bleed into the game instead of playing logically. Not that that's a reason. I'm living every single thing I warn newbies against, and I can't believe what a monumentally bad play that was. The mind boggles. I'm also used to 9-player games, where 5 would be the majority, instead of 7. I felt I needed to because I was afraid he'd be lyched and we'd lose two townies before day 2 instead of one. In my mind, it was the only possible play for me, but my mind turned out to be really dumb.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #24) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Quinnster »

CooLskins wrote:
@quinnster,
1)do you or do you not have a case on kool being town? If yes, you had better have it in your next fucking post.
2) can you or can you not defend yourself without using the noob card? And in your next post do it.
3)Why should we believe you? If yes, in your next post tell me why.
4)Scum reads here and now with reasons. No exceptions.

unvote, vote: quinster
. I will also be voting for the next person who uses the noob card as a defense. Spawning a new strategy: lynch all noobs.But in all seriousness, it's really getting a tad bit ridiculous.

1) I do not. It was only my stupid view of him breadcrumbing.
2) I cannot. I've been playing for a while. I should know better. I was easily able to handle two games, but now something's happening IRL that's clearly making me not think straight. I am not going to pull out the newb card, because I should not need it, and I won't hide behind it.
3) I didn't really leave myself a lot of room to be believed, here, did I? I should hope you can see that it would be a shitty move if I was mafia, and it would be a shitty move if I was town. I'm not trying to play WIFOM, but trying to show that it was a shitty move in general.
4)
Espeonage
- In ISO #s 8 and 9, being sure that elfen is town so early, in ISO #14, telling everyone else to completely stop looking at elfen, ISO #19 voting for Kalofer while saying he's not his "favourite choice" seems like distancing, in ISO #28 confirming three more town without any sort of doubt whatsoever.

I'm going to see how today goes, but if I can't think clearer and more logically, I'll look for a replacement. I don't want to hinder the town by acting so anti-town and reckless.
Kalofer
- following espeonage for lack of something better to do, inability to think for himself outside of espeonage's posts in his early game.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #25) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Quinnster »

That is what I'm trying to say. The move was not pro-town or pro-mafia, it was anti-game due to its complete stupidity. I've explained my error, how it happened, and why it happened. If I get lynched today, I'm willing to accept that as a matter of course, and don't blame anyone for suspecting me. I've provided my reads (albeit briefly), and urge people to examine my posts before the giant dumb one. I've been acting pro-town all game, and for some reason unbeknownst to me did the dumbest thing possible. I currently feel like someone I don't even know posted that, because rationally I know there's absolutely no possible positive outcome from it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”