Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Us teamsters need to stick together. Although, I don't like xvart's latest response. Caught scum?

Is this how he normally plays? It's not a good post that's for certain. Especially if...

PREDIT: Just ignore the mobsters. They are a distraction. Though, it feels like he's trying to defend xvart somehow. Still I'll try not to take it seriously too much.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Zdenek »

As far as DGB's plan goes, I'm not sure that there is any sense in focusing on four players for two days to not clue the recruiters into where were are collectively heading.

Here was my list of most likely recruits:

Fritz L. R. Hernandez, City Councilperson
Herodotus Greco, Corrupt Cop
Mr. Sam Ludi, Corrupt Cop
Charles "Chaz" Poro, Business Owner
Ms. Spring Lullaby, Banker
Anahito Xvart, Teamster
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:23 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

springlullaby wrote:Right now I don't like Magister Ludi's list, that kind of lists are bound to benefit scum than town.

To be fair he's the one that got us talking about possible recruitments if I remember correctly.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Vote: Springlullaby
I might as well start with my gut, and work from there.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:42 am

Post by ooba »

I'm still thinking it's very possible they didn't get to recruit pregame as per what I said earlier.
Starting the game with pre-decided slots as recruits doesn't seem like much fun for the CRs .. As a mod, I would have preferred to give them a choice ..

DGB wrote:Let's give opinions about AS FEW PLAYERS AS POSSIBLE to give the mobsters as few hints as to where we're collectively heading. And let's be unpredictable, too.

I agree with the above - will keep cards close to my chest this game. I haven't played with the Magister. xvart\Hero are good picks.
Vote: xvart
RaudhrGarm
RaudhrGarm
Goon
RaudhrGarm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:03 am

Post by RaudhrGarm »

How many votes does xvart have now? Seems to be a fairly quick growing wagon. I'm not really suspicious of anyone yet, though I do think that Chrono is worth a vote for now due to his self-deprecation. Optimism is the way forwards people.

VOTE: Chronopie
Spoiler:
Snape kills Dumbledore.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:05 am

Post by springlullaby »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I will claim now.

I'm a whore.

If I'm recruited by mobster A, mobster A will fail, and I will instead by added to mobster B's group.

I have untreated STDs, herpes, HIV, chlamydia, crabs, body lice, and the brothel's bed bug population is kept in check by snakes and gila monsters.

<3

I wanna be a whore too. A rich banker by day and a sleazy whore by night. Which means I'm doing it purely for the love of STD's and body lice.

Seriously though, DGB you say that you want to "hunt scum as we always do", but the next thing you do is to nominate a most likely to be recruited list. That looks contradictory to me. Explain?

ThAdmiral wrote:
springlullaby wrote:Right now I don't like Magister Ludi's list, that kind of lists are bound to benefit scum than town.

To be fair he's the one that got us talking about possible recruitments if I remember correctly.

Nah, he got people speculating over possible recruit. Key word speculating.

Flameaxe wrote:
Vote: Springlullaby
I might as well start with my gut, and work from there.

I have nothing to say to that.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Bunnylover »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
The recruits:

Ooba
xvart
Magister Ludi

Herodotus

Yes.
Vote: Magister Ludi
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Cecily »

Ludi does lists for some reason, it's kind of his thing. I've formed no opinion from his other posts though leading to either read as of yet.

I'd be inclined to vote DGB, but this stands out to me:
Kinetic wrote:

I'm a whore.

If I'm recruited by mobster A, mobster A will fail, and I will instead by added to mobster B's group.

I have untreated STDs, herpes, HIV, chlamydia, crabs, body lice, and the brothel's bed bug population is kept in check by snakes and gila monsters.

Great claim for someone already recruited.

Given DGB's explanation of her role, Kinetic would know where she ended up if either of the lieutenants recruited her, so Kinetic's calling her out like that doesn't make much sense. If kinetic himself had tried to recruit her, I feel like his pushing in her direction would be stronger because he'd be certain that she's with ABR, yet he only mentions it once.

vote: xvart

xvart wrote:And ABR saying he knew they both had recruited is clearly a lie, which furthers my speculation

How can you be so sure that something is a lie unless you are directly involved in it somehow?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Porochaz »

I think we can trust that DGB shouldn't be taken overly seriously with that claim.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I thought the fakeclaim was obvious, since the professions are completely separate from the traditional mafia roles.

As for saying that Kinetic and I had already recruited at the beginning of pre-game, it's very simple...we want first dibs. Even in a pool of 25 players, we wouldn't delay our choice to risk being the late end of a doublepicking.

And we weren't assigned random members. We're having way too much fun guessing each other's choices for that.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:10 am

Post by ooba »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:As for saying that Kinetic and I had already recruited at the beginning of pre-game, it's very simple...we want first dibs. Even in a pool of 25 players, we wouldn't delay our choice to risk being the late end of a doublepicking.
-I don't think Flay would have made it such that doublepicking = auto loss for the second guy
- On the other hand, telling the second person about the double picking and allowing them to pick again is actually an advantage (since they would know the recruit of the first guy)
So the most probable pregame pick method was : Both of you send in your choices, if they don't clash, those are your recruits - otherwise repeat.
RaudhrGarm
RaudhrGarm
Goon
RaudhrGarm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:59 am

Post by RaudhrGarm »

I don't see xvart being recruited as he's a teamster. Wouldn't you rather try to get a PR as soon as possible rather than a VT?
Spoiler:
Snape kills Dumbledore.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 am

Post by xvart »

Cobblerfone wrote:Us teamsters need to stick together. Although, I don't like xvart's latest response. Caught scum?

The irony, so-to-speak, of my post is that DGBs case on me is based on a timestamp. Honestly, I get the idea of picking from a pool and I agree with that as a jumping off point.

With that in mind, I encourage everyone to read Chronopie because he looks as close to a recruit as we are going to get at this point in the game:
  • Middle of the road player D1 attention wise;
  • Diminishes his level of play when given a slight amount of attention for being a possible recruit target;
  • Employs WIFOM arguments that would best be used by the mob bosses to muddle the waters; and,
  • Repeatedly has back chat with the Cult Recruiters and worthless questions that he knows will never get a legitimate answer.

I can totally see how whoever gets lynched is going to be super pissed if he/she is town due to the lynch being solely based on circumstantial WIFOM. Especially since everything after the initial wagon gets rolling is going to only be compounded by nods and winks from ABR and Kinetic fueling the WIFOM fire.

Cecily, 158 wrote:How can you be so sure that something is a lie unless you are directly involved in it somehow?

Do you think Mr. Flay would have said "
Oh hai ABR; just FYI Kinetic has made his recruitment choice so you both are good to go. If there is any other inside information about your opponents team I'll make sure to pass that on to you. Toodles.
"?

And by the way, I'm terribly disappointed in everyone in this game as it appears I was the only person who actually attended Nick Civillia's funeral...
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Battousai »

VOTE: Magister Ludi

1) low profile, less likely to be recruited, therefore more likely to be recruited D1.
2) Came in trying to control the thought process of the town- don't scum hunt, try and outguess the CRs = cult recruit, probably Kinetic's

Also, I will not follow the CRs plan. Mainly because of 2) and the fact that I'd rather rely on my own thinking process than someone else's.

I'll be posting less often Monday-Thursday because of my internship (don't have clearance to use a computer), which will seem more lurky due to the large number of players/posts of a game of this size. I will post at least once a day during that time.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:36 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Cobblerfone wrote:Us teamsters need to stick together. Although, I don't like xvart's latest response. Caught scum?

Yeah, he's caught for the wrong reasons. That can be very frustrating.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:37 am

Zdenek wrote:Here was my list of most likely recruits:

Fritz L. R. Hernandez, City Councilperson
Herodotus Greco
, Corrupt Cop
Mr. Sam Ludi
, Corrupt Cop
Charles "Chaz" Poro, Business Owner
Ms. Spring Lullaby, Banker
Anahito Xvart, Teamster

We have most excellent overlap.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:40 am

springlullaby wrote:Seriously though, DGB you say that you want to "hunt scum as we always do", but the next thing you do is to nominate a most likely to be recruited list. That looks contradictory to me. Explain?

Yep. As in, not the players most likely recruited by ABR, or Kinetic - but the players most likely to be recruited, period.

In other words, I want to leave the treeshtumping scumz themselves out of the conversation. I pay no heed to their words. They talk trash.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 am

RaudhrGarm wrote:I don't see xvart being recruited as he's a teamster. Wouldn't you rather try to get a PR as soon as possible rather than a VT?

How would you know he's a VT unless you're the other recruitee or something? How do you know?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 am

xvart wrote:The irony, so-to-speak, of my post is that DGBs case on me is based on a timestamp.

Absolutely not. MISREP. Wrong. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

I voted for you among the Group of Four because you had the oldest timestamp. I hate people that step away from their compy to play outside or work. In other words it was semi-arbitrary. It so happens I also think you're the #1 pick, or close.

xvart wrote:With that in mind, I encourage everyone to read Chronopie because he looks as close to a recruit as we are going to get at this point in the game:

No, you filthy misleading recruit, Chronopie gets lynched easily. Chronopie isn't it. Nice try.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kinetic wrote:

I'm a whore.

Great claim for someone already recruited.

Or for a townie who doesn't want to get recruited. Or for a dripping goofball who likes saying wacky things.

Anyway, I agree with DGB about xvart. When I was thinking about skilled players who are not high profile, who can still blend in and be relatively unnoticed, the two that came to my mind offhand were xvart and Battousai. So, that seems like a good place to start.
Vote:xvart
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Okay, I think Yosarian might be the other recruit.

Raud wrote:I don't see xvart being recruited as he's a teamster. Wouldn't you rather try to get a PR as soon as possible rather than a VT?

Are you saying that because Teamster sounds like a vanilla role or because you know it is, fellow teamster?

I'll elaborate when you respond.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Oh, and I'm probably wrong about Yosarian. It's just my impression. And they're usually wrong.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Herodotus »

Magister Ludi wrote:To get a general feel of the game, I'm in favor of each player proclaiming who THEY would of picked should they of been a N0 cult recruiter. It will give a general feeling of the make-up of the mind.
dry-fit: I've seen him play as scum, and although we lynched him, he played well. Also, I haven't seen him around much, so I'd say he's low profile. He's the person I would have picked, but kinetic and Albert might not have the same opinion.
porochaz: I get the impression that he's good, but he doesn't have the profile of Yos2.
Maybe Springlullaby. I don't know how kinetic or Albert think of her.
I was going to vote Porochaz, who is actively lurking, but I don't like posts 126-127 by Spring. Some of it is gut; also, I don't see how Ludi's lists could have been made with a scum motive.
VOTE: Spring

I don't think Yos2 would be recruited immediately. Maybe later if he isn't killed. So we should lynch him on D3 or D4 (have some wifom, recruiters)

Magister Ludi wrote:Could eliminate all players within a year of joining. Too much of a wild card.

I disagree. Someone can make a name for themself pretty quickly. Also, if someone is an alt, kinetic (or Albert) may know about it. Especially kinetic because as a list mod, it's occasionally his job to be aware of alts. Maybe set aside "known newbies". (Though I note it's self-serving for you to suggest this.)

Unrecruitables HAVE to play for the town WC no matter what, but if they are ever outed, its also in the town's best interest to lynch them for fear they are one of the other's cults. And it makes it in the cult's best interest to out such a player to get them lynched, its a plus no matter if its a town PR or the other cult's choice.
I think you or your recruits have night kills that you can use to take care of people you fail to recruit. (guessing based on Succession 1)
I won't necessarily lynch targets by your request because you may be lying.

@DGb: I'm fine with being on your short list for day 1, but I have town reads on some of the others. And I'd rather not see Ludi, in particular, pushed too hard, because he's a newbie and may look scummy even as a townie if he's pressured.
To those saying I'd make a good pick, I'm flattered, but I wasn't chosen. I don't know kinetic at all, and the one time Albert and I played together, I wasn't doing well as mafia. I can provide a link to the game and the daytalk QT if requested.

DrippingGoofball wrote:How would you know he's a VT unless you're the other recruitee or something? How do you know?
Because they have the same role?
But more importantly, how would kinetic and Albert know?

Cobb wrote:Okay, I think Yosarian might be the other recruit.

Cobb wrote:the
other
recruit.

Easy mode on?
UNVOTE: Spring
VOTE: Cobblerfone

Ludi seems town. A little wordy, but that's just posting style. He's looking for recruits, and my gut says it's genuine.
Chrono is playing about 30 times better than I've seen him play before. I'm not sure how he ended up on the lists.
I was thinking that ooba was town, but I can't remember why.
DGb, I want to believe you are town, but asking us to only focus on a few people until day 3 would just help you too much under white flag rules if you're scum.
I have no opinion on xvart yet.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Fritzler »

Hey guys, checking in. I will only have sporadic access until Friday, sorry.
Surfs up dude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”