Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

QT? Quicktopic? So if he was a recruitee they're scum together? I think him thinking every Teamster had the same role makes more sense. Regardless of whether the teams get multiple recruits or if either one is scum.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Tanarin »

OK, gonna need to do some catching up here (Damn game fully starting while I am sleeping >.<.) Anyway, from what I do understand of the mechanics as explained by the treestumps and flay, I am not liking all the wifoming going on here. If I may be as brash to suggest this, but maybe we need to listen to the opposite of what the mobsters are saying. I mean look how easily they both just gave up the info on the clues towards who they recruited. My gut tells me they are leading us on big time. I will have to read the thread again to see if I can gather more info, but my gut tells me for now that we need to look the opposite of where we have been.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by xvart »

Cobblerfone, 184 wrote:
You were hoping for me to point out the inconsistencies in your logic? Also, you didn't answer my questions posed to you.

I didn't know we teamsters all had different roles. I also didn't know if we all had the same role. I won't say anything else.

I was settling for a policy lynch.

No no no. These questions:
Cobblerfone, 179 wrote:and, what does RaudhrGarm saying I'm a VT have to do with populartajo and why are you waiting on him to allegedly move your vote to me?

DrippingGoofball, 185 wrote:
xvart wrote:DGB - why do you think ABR put Chrono on the "pivotal list" if he is lynched easily?

I don't give a rat's tutu, ABR and Kinetic are dead to me.

Humor me?

DrippingGoofball, 186 wrote:Desperate, too.

This is most likely our one shot to snap one of the cults before it gets out from under us. If we kill off a cult today then we actually might have a chance to win.

Herodotus, 193 wrote:Are we not all in agreement that the mafia groups probably each have one recruit?

I'm in agreement; but Cobble is all over the place and backpedaling over how many people he thinks have been recruited based on what gets him out of hot water.

Zdenek, 197 wrote:
xvart about chronopie wrote:
Diminishes his level of play when given a slight amount of attention for being a possible recruit target

What makes you say this?

This post. And this one.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

xvart wrote:I'm in agreement; but Cobble is all over the place and backpedaling over how many people he thinks have been recruited based on what gets him out of hot water.

? Backpedaling. All over?

xvart wrote:and, what does RaudhrGarm saying I'm a VT have to do with populartajo and why are you waiting on him to allegedly move your vote to me?

It's explained in the quote above:

Cobblerfone wrote:I didn't know we teamsters all had different roles. I also didn't know if we all had the same role. I won't say anything else.

I was settling for a policy lynch.

I was waiting to see if you'd even be worth moving to. So I was keeping my vote on my recently acquired policy lynch.

@Tanarin: Most votes seem to not have anything to do with Kinetic's guesses at Rampage's picks. (I went back to make sure xvart wasn't one. He isn't. But I also noticed Rampage never gave his guesses. Just as well. I mostly agree with you. Except, instead of going the opposite, I think we should just flat out ignore them for the most part.)
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Tanarin »

@cobbler: I think ignoring them completely is a bad idea as well. Now that I think about it, doing the exact opposite all the time is bad too. Both recruiters are against each other. So they have as much of a vested interest early game as we do in finding their respective opposing team. What we NEED to do though is milk as much info as possible from them, and if they start defending someone too hard, make note of that and hope any vigs that may be in the setup catch on as well. Ideally though, assuming they only have one recruit, we HAVE to lynch scum. I am almost worried this is a lylo situation for town right off the bat, as if we miss just one lynch, things could get out of hand in a hurry. Then again, maybe there is a second condition to any further recruits that we don't know about. So much wifom right now.

@xvard wagon: I am not getting the case on him at all. I keep re-reading the thread and just see it basically being the timestamp issue. Anyone care to enlighten me more?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by bvoigt »

@Ludi: Why would you prefer speculation over typical scumhunting?

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:What are these dates? And why are they the recruits because of them?

From the activity report, look at the lower corner of the page, right side. They are not recruits because of the date.

From the 4 players that would make the best recruits, I chose the one that posted less recently. Also, xvart would be a favorite recruit from anyone's perspective.

xvart wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:Us teamsters need to stick together. Although, I don't like xvart's latest response. Caught scum?

The irony, so-to-speak, of my post is that DGBs case on me is based on a timestamp. Honestly, I get the idea of picking from a pool and I agree with that as a jumping off point.

Did you miss her post where she said that the timestamps weren't a reason for calling you scum?

VOTE: Cobblerfone

I don't think the part about Yosarian as the other scum was a slip; but I do think it contradicts what he said about "It would be rather odd for there to be only one recruit per team." Also, since Cobbler has stated that professions do not indicate roles, I don't know why he would worry about lynching a power role.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Battousai »

Herodotus wrote:I don't see any incompatibility. I would not have wanted any pressure on Cobblerfone if I thought he was town, either. But Cobbler appeared to basically claim scum, and without any pressure.

Wut?

Herodotus wrote:I'd rather not see Ludi, in particular, pushed too hard, because he's a newbie and may look scummy even as a townie if he's pressured.

So if we feel that Ludi is scum, we shouldn't push hard because he will act scummy? Wouldn't he also act scummy if he is scum? Why should we treat him with kid gloves, especially in a cult heavy game? How has he acted in a pro-town way? All I've seen from him was him really trying to hunt for the recruits by trying to outguess a player (whom is trying to outguess another CR and the town, which adds another level of difficulty) and to lead the town into the same thought process.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

First Vote Count of Day One:

xvart - 6 (DrippingGoofball, ooba, Cecily, Yosarian2, Seraphim, Cobblerfone)
Magister Ludi - 3 (springlullaby, Bunnylover, Battousai)
Cobblerfone - 3 (xvart, Flameaxe, bvoigt)
springlullaby - 1 (Herodotus)
Chronopie - 1 (RaudhrGarm)
Fritzler - 1 (Zdenek)

Not Voting: 10 (Chronopie, Dry-fit, Fritzler, Katsuki, Magister Ludi, Nobody Special, populartajo, Porochaz, Tanarin, ThAdmiral)

With 25 voters, it will take 13 to lynch.

springlullaby wrote:Mr Flay, could we get a confirmation over wether someone was recruited?
Now why would I confirm that?
Retired as of October 2014.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Wut what? I already explained how Cobbler's comment resembled a scumslip.

I don't see any credible reason to think Ludi is scum.
He's acted in a protown way by trying to take advantage of the town's setup knowledge in looking for scum. Hunting for recruits -- that's the point of the game for town...? Outguessing Albert and Kinetic may be hard or even lead to inaccurate results, but it's a valid avenue of approach.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Fritzler »

I just walked a mile so I could get cell service, and post in this game. I just want everyone to know that.

So, the list posted that I agreed with the most belonged to DGB. Everyone who posted me as a choice has pretty much never played with me. I never live until the endgame, I rarely live three or more days. I am a horrible, horrible choice. I realize this sounds entirely too defensive, but I am town (for now), so I will be honest.

I do want to talk about we plan on doing when Xvart close to a lynch. Making someone claim in this case doesn't work, since everybody has a claim ready. So, we will just WIFOM them to death (but like, a good WIFOM).

Vote: Xvart
Surfs up dude.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Interesting, most people think avoiding the ultra high profile players because they are too 'hot' of a recruit is a good idea. If I was a recruiter, I would go straight for Yosarian2. Don't screw around with other people. Does no one think similarly?

I have some interesting set-up speculation/points, but I am pending clarifaction from flay about them. It partially involves double picking... with the tree recruiters not part of the game, a double pick would insta-kill the second pickers faction as they wouldn't be allowed to pick again and they would be done in by the white flag rule.

This is thus a load of nonsence by ABR
'Even in a pool of 25 players, we wouldn't delay our choice to risk being the late end of a doublepicking.'

Also, how do we know the recruiters have QT's and day talk? Was that customary from Succession Mafia 1?

---------------------------------
Game Stuff:

Chronopie's self depreciation is also cult sided, he only needs to live a few days by declaring himself a bad player and he has essentialy won the battle.

Yos assumption about Flameaxe about flaking is silly and a long shot at best.

(Also at zdenek, I am not an alt. We had been playing a game in large normal together, sheesh!)

Seraphim has a almost pathetic enterance into this game, which I expected from someone recruited. No inflamitory remarks. No multiple reads. Just a vote.

Not seeing xvart.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I've reread Kinetic and ABR's opening post in this game. They're weird, both talk about 'choosing' the right side in the war and 'joining' them.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Magister Ludi wrote:I've reread Kinetic and ABR's opening post in this game. They're weird, both talk about 'choosing' the right side in the war and 'joining' them.

Haha yeah. We like flavor and this type of thing gets us more emotionally invested.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

What are you saying to Kinetic in your recruiter only quicktopic?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:17 pm

I've never even played with Xvart, so I assume you all think he is Kinetic's recruit?

The only QT I have is my clan's QT titled "Alberto Rampage Family Loyalists", what nonsense.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey Kinetic, what did you call your QT?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Magister Ludi wrote:I've reread Kinetic and ABR's opening post in this game. They're weird, both talk about 'choosing' the right side in the war and 'joining' them.

Haha yeah. We like flavor and this type of thing gets us more emotionally invested.

Yea, we both had a lot of fun with those I think. I know I did :).
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey Kinetic, what did you call your QT?

Something akin to nonsense, but I'm unsure how the hiding of the QTs work, so you might be able to find it if I gave a name out.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Herodotus wrote:I'd rather not see Ludi, in particular, pushed too hard, because he's a newbie and may look scummy even as a townie if he's pressured.

I don't like this. Not at all.

In other news, I'm fairly happy with the xvart case. If he starts acting less scummy and more townish, I'd be willing to flip to Yos.

VOTE: xvart

DGB: Hypothetically, if xvart were already dead, who would you vote for now? (I have my reasons for asking this. Trust me here.)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Flameaxe wrote::( I didn't flake Succession 1, didn't flake either of Prozac's minis, didn't flake oman's mini, requested replacement in oldy only to retract that request 20 minutes too late. Your logic is three years too old, Yos.

:) Good, good, glad to hear it. You're fun to play with when you stick around.

Anyway, I like the way you responded to the personal comment more then to the implication that you're scum. That gives me a good vibe about you in this situation.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Kinetic »

My god I've been on this site nearly 4 years. What the hell. We are totally having a site-wide party on my 4 year anniversary. The place? This thread. Who's invited? Only those alive. So, EVERYONE has gained a survivor condition until July 9. Everyone alive in the game totally gains an achievement, and I'll even design something you can put in your sig saying "I wuz here".
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 am

Post by springlullaby »

Herodotus wrote:
I don't see any credible reason to think Ludi is scum.
He's acted in a protown way by trying to take advantage of the town's setup knowledge in looking for scum. Hunting for recruits -- that's the point of the game for town...? Outguessing Albert and Kinetic may be hard or even lead to inaccurate results, but it's a valid avenue of approach.

Herodotus
, are you voting me because I'm voting Ludi and "you wouldn't want him pressured too hard". If so, why me?

As for Ludi's list, I think it's obvious that telling scum what you think they are thinking while your goal is to outguess them is not very wise.

Right now I'm ok with my vote. xvart does look a little frayed around the edges in his replies, but I'm unsure whether he has played with DGB before.

The whole Cobbler/ Raudhr Garm thing, I don't know what to make of on Cobbler's part it's possibly fishy but also possibly just awkward.
Cobbler
, when you spoke of policy lynch, of whom were you talking about?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 12:35 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Someone asked me for more specifics about White Flag as it relates to this game. Here's what I'll tell you:

A Scum Faction (and only scum) will autolose when it has one player left alive. This is to help account for the Mob Lieutenants who are unlynchable of course, and to help refocus the game away from the problem of 'you not only have to find the recruits, you have to find the recruiter in the right order'. Those of you who read the first Succession Mafia will recall what happened there.

Obviously town has problems when they're down to one player, too, it just works a different way. :P
Retired as of October 2014.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Tanarin wrote:@xvard wagon: I am not getting the case on him at all. I keep re-reading the thread and just see it basically being the timestamp issue. Anyone care to enlighten me more?

My vote's on him less because of timestamp, more because of his reaction.

Springlullaby wrote:when you spoke of policy lynch, of whom were you talking about?

Popular Tajo. It's because of a game he's dead in but I'm not. So I'm unsure as to whether I can elaborate further or not.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:31 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:*as in how would he know he's a vt if he was a recruitee?

QT, duh.

I still don't get.

Tanarin wrote:OK, gonna need to do some catching up here (Damn game fully starting while I am sleeping >.<.) Anyway, from what I do understand of the mechanics as explained by the treestumps and flay, I am not liking all the wifoming going on here. If I may be as brash to suggest this, but maybe we need to listen to the opposite of what the mobsters are saying. I mean look how easily they both just gave up the info on the clues towards who they recruited. My gut tells me they are leading us on big time. I will have to read the thread again to see if I can gather more info, but my gut tells me for now that we need to look the opposite of where we have been.

The only problem here is we are still being "manipulated" by them if we only look at the
opposite
of what they are saying.

Question to everyone:

Does anyone think either of ABR or kinetic would have been ballsy enough to put their recruitment pick in their 3 that they suggested to each other?

For the record I don't think so.

Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:

Yea, we both had a lot of fun with those I think. I know I did :).

I thought they were both really well done. I thought they might have been given to you by the mod as they sounded so in line with the game!
Good job to both of you[/praise]

In other news I don't like battouasi's 206.

vote: battouasi
Don't ask me to provide self meta

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”