Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Peaf »

Reading the rules says no editing.

Why'd you feel the need to edit, GreyMarble?

Besides that, lemme introduce myself.
Peaf's the name, finding scum's the game. Let's kick some ass, fellow townmembers!
Just who the hell do you think I am?

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Wed May 25, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Peaf »

lolwut @ avatar vote

There's really no thing as a random vote IMO - if it were "random" you'd be using something akin to random.org, and if that's how you guys scumhunt here then I anticipate this being my last game. And if you're not using a randomizer, then I can assume you have a motive for your vote, whatever it may be. Sure, get into shittons of WIFOM trying to find a motive, so there's not much of a point in doing only that.

Now I know I'm new here, but monk explicitly saying "you're voting me since I'm new" is really really dumb. Pulling the newbie card is never good for yourself or for the game.

Also, that was legitimate excitement, it's always fun joining a new community. >_>

and what the hell are hydras

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Peaf »

So lemme get this straight.
We have two players in this game that have multiple people playing the same account.
How idiotic is that?
I hope there hasn't been an example in the past where a hydra account went "Oh I'm not scummy, it was just the other person using this account being dumb." Because that is no excuse. And I feel like it's just a bastardization of playing the game - if two people want to play, play separately.
But whatever. If you guys accept it here, then so be it.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Peaf »

I have not.
I have played mafia for years on GameFAQs. I know the sort of different nuances between mafiascum games and our games - our days are 2 days and night is only one, as opposed to multiple weeks for days. Our games tend to be between 10 and 30 players, with about one third of each faction (at least) being vanilla, or non-PR, and the rest of the roles being power roles of some sort. I've been craving a game of almost-all vanillas (or if you'd rather me say it a different way, a game with very few PRs) for some time, and a guy who goes by SpeedYoshi on GFAX recommended I try a game here. I figured I could skip the newbie game because I definitely have my foundations set and I know how the game works. Obviously our mod agreed with me, because I mentioned that in the signup topic for Mini-Normals. I've skimmed the archives a little bit and I've obviously read quite a few articles from the mafiascum wiki. I am no newbie, I guarantee you.

I can't believe that hydras are common enough to have hydra protocols. Really, what benefit is there to a player to use a hydra?
Whatever.

If I could find a good enough avatar, I'd put it up.
I looked, trust me.
But I have high standards.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Peaf »

earworm, I'm not one to make bullshit out of what I perceive right now to be nothing. I'm not going to force opinions out of myself - I haven't really observed much yet to give me strong opinions, or even vibes. I find it funny that Archaist goes "oh yeah what he said" and votes for me. Do much of your own thinking, yeah? Lastly with you, not sure how you can say I'm "complaining". I'm talking, bro. And if you're going to say I have "no content" (or fluff, if you'd prefer), then at least be consistent - "no content" =/= "complaining about in-game stuff". #56 was asked of me, you know. And the others were, in my opinion, valid posts to be making while others were going "oh lol votevotevote".

I do find it weird that bgg defended me when I honestly feel there's nothing much to defend me from. "Forget Peaf" is a really weird thing to say. bgg might be scum who doesn't care about some new guy, and is more threatened by someone else or something. Also, when he says "let's wait for something to happen" I feel like he's not looking for scum at all. Like, what kind of scumhunting is that - "when someone says they're scum I'll vote for them" is what I'm reading from that.
Vote: bgg1996

Akira declaring monk as newbie town so early in our game strikes me as very odd. Noting it for future reference.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Peaf »

I'm wary of FD that he knows me and I don't know him. I'm (in)famous for my peafjournals - or rather, huge walls of text of my stream of consciousness as I reread previous days. Also, how do you know Baku and Speed? Speed's actually the guy that told me to try out mini-normals.

That being said, the voting block is incredibly stupid. I trust myself here, and that's it. If one of the three of you strike me as scum, I won't hold back in attacking you just because you're on some dumb council. For all I know, the 3 of you could be the 3 scum in the game. Anyone who asks me for their trust this early is going to get just the opposite.

Monk saying that I've newbscum'd as much as he has is, in my eyes, him admitting that he's newbscum. LOL @ him thinking a player can't change what he thinks of other players, though.

Don't see how sarcasm junk adds anything to scumhunting, bgg, and the "oh I was being sarcastic, you couldn't tell? ;_;" is a horrible defense and I'm ashamed that someone here used sarcasm as a defense for
anything

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Peaf »

"Hello scumtell. Nobody knows how many scum there are, and it shouldn't be assumed, unless you are one. "
Well somebody hasn't been keeping up with his reading. Someone earlier assumed there would be 3 scum. Didn't see you get in a fuss about that!

"Especially since Peaf and Monk are both scum."
Not even a page earlier you said you had a good towntell on me (and you didn't answer my questions, jerk).

FD, who the fuck are you. If you know my from GFAX, tell me. I can tell from the fact that you think I'm scum right now that you're one of the lesser players from GFAX (probably why you came here tbqh). And if you were good, you would notice the possibility that perhaps not all 3 of you are, but one or two
could be
and any 'townie' who can willingly trust
two other people
whose alignments he can't be 100% sure of is not someone I can trust.

"I'm setting up lynches because unless there's a doc with his head out of his ass, I AM dying N1. So you fucks need your guidance and you need it TODAY."
Trust me - acting like this sure as hell ain't gonna get you protected if the doc thinks you're scum.
And if you were OH SO WORRIED about dying tonight, why'd you bring extra attention to yourself with the council? All you did was scream "HEY SCUM, PRETTY SURE I'M AWESOME, LEAVING ME ALIVE WOULD BE BAD FOR YOU."

I will not avatar until I find something I deem good enough, and voting me for that on
PAGE FUCKING FIVE
is honestly hilarious.

For all this "3 scum" talk that started because of me, it seems EVERYONE missed this (#17):
"@Archaist: I have no idea who you are. I was saying you're the third scum.

Hiplop is actually not scum because with 2 buddies in a pregame QT he would have figured out the confirmation process.
3 minutes is still a superfast response to the thread opening though...

And before y'all go "oh he knows there are 3 scum" I always make that assumption until other evidence presents itself.

Monk is already town because he's trying."

And no, can't say I care much for this quote system here. Live with it.

"This is Peaf's first mini normal game on the site - heck its his first game on the site, why would he assume the scum team has 3 players ? I disagree it does look pretty scummy to me."
See: #17
Thanks to GM.
But even without him, I'd assume more than two and no more than 4.
Don't see why it matters much,
because my point is still the same
- members on the council COULD be scum and as a townie I DO NOT KNOW right now if they are or not.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is your first introduction to the Peafjournal. I don't give a flying fuck what you think of it, it's me posting my thoughts. For the future, I don't care if I bring up something that was discussed 40 pages ago - I'm bringing it up because I think it's at least semi-relevant. This one was short because we only had a few pages - I don't hold back, even when there are more.

Lastly, I'm still at college, finals the second week of June (not too worried about them tbqh). Anyway, got two friends visiting for Memorial Day weekend, so my activity is going to be low until Monday-ish, probably. I'll still be here, but don't expect peafjournals in that time.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (isolation #7) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Peaf »

And actually, lol @ OMGUS from bgg

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Peaf »

earworm wrote:OK, enough fucking around. If the council happens, it will happen regardless of what us "peons" will say. Please stop bitching about it.

At this point I will be fine with lynching Monk or Akira. Discuss.

I think that limiting youself to two players with so much time available left in the day is naive.
I don't care much about the council, but I'll be damned if they expect me to follow them. I am my own player, thanks.
As for your preferred lynches, I'd rather lynch Akira over monk right now, but of course I'd rather lynch bgg.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #9) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Peaf »

Quotes work well when responding to one post - making remarks about 5 or 10 or 30, bit more of a pain in the ass.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #10) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Peaf »

Fair enough. Kill me if it makes you happy. You're hurt and insulted and you know that you're terrible. Town trusting other players with zero evidence on day 1 is dumb. And if you can have 100% town reads less than 150 posts in, props to you. But I don't believe it. I'm hurting your authority, and you know it, and you want me gone. You're not scumhunting, you're playing to assert your dominance. Like scum would.

Monk hasn't really struck my eye yet. The bigger problem here is you and your superiority. I might check monk out once I've figured out if you're scum or town - I feel that this is more important right now. Not like we're low on time or anything, right?

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #11) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Peaf »

GM, could you explain the ISO stuff? No idea what you're saying.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #12) » Fri May 27, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Peaf »

Final Destination wrote:
Because sure, Town can't be 100% sure of anyone's alignments, but that's no reasons you can't trust town reads.

Town trusting eachother and banding together wins games.

And yet you have ignored every effort to get me to trust you. What's your game, FD? I've asked you legitimate questions and you haven't answered them. For all your "trust me trust me" you're begging everyone to do, you haven't given me quick basic info that would help me scumhunt.
Or rather, determine whether or not you're scum.
You afraid of me or something? Should be.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #13) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Peaf »

Final Destination wrote:K that was useful

Unvote:
Vote: Monk

Peaf says that Monk admitting he was newbscum, but he's still THIRD on his voting list?

I want him dead just for that, but I suppose I'll need Monk's scumflip first.

I'm not asking anyone to trust me. I'm asking Grey to form a council with me and we're electing a third member who is very likely town.

The rest of you will have to decide whether you read the council as town or not, and what you're going to do about it. At the very most, the rest of you should scumhunt with the realization you wouldn't be able to get Grey or I lynched today.

Useful in what way, FD? What did I say that made you unvote me so fast?
Perhaps you are actually scared of me.
How do you know monk is third of my voting list? I never said anything of the sort. Don't assume to be in my head, because you're not.
And no, you are asking people to trust you. A council that no one trusts gets nothing done. You wouldn't want that, would you?

I would argue that 150 posts is not nearly enough to trust multiple players so concretely - perhaps slightly, but a council doesn't allow for members on the council to change their mind about other members in the future. You're willing to bet a good portion of the game on your early game reads. And for that, I believe you're the lesser player.
Thanks for the insult, though. I'll keep it in mind.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #14) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Peaf »

Rereading, lemme get this straight - you still want me dead. Hence, you think I'm scum. And you unvote me for monk because... I called you out on your game? Have more balls, man.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #15) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Peaf »

Ah, nifty. So who was #142 directed to?

I will flatter myself whenever and however I want, thanks. Don't tell me what to do when you can't even answer a few easy questions.

See, you're not quite right with your assumptions. I'd rather lynch Akira over monk, yes. bgg is at the top of my list, yes. But that doesn't mean Akira and monk are numbers 2 and 3. It's more like numbers 5 and 6. Get it? Sure hope ya do.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #16) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Peaf »

So #142 was to FD? K

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #17) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Peaf »

Akira wrote:You know, I think the best thing to do about this council is wait for D2 and then start it. We need town players on it, not experienced players, IMO. We need to form a council which hopefully everyone will agree to. But that's quite impossible today.

This is worse than the already proposed council.
I would trust a council of worse players even less than I trust a council of 'better' players.
And if everyone agrees to it, scum agrees to it too. What's good for them isn't good for town.

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #18) » Fri May 27, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Peaf »

I would argue that FD is scum solely because if he were town, he would want me to think he were town. As such, he would at least give me a hint as to who he is (or rather, who part of the hydra is), without compromising his 'identity' to everyone else. he doesn't want to because then I'd likely read him better, and if he's scum he doesn't want that to happen. But whatever. Don't care that much about him right now.
bgg, get your ass in here and start talking. Why the OMGUS? Why the focus on my "3 scum" thing, but ignore GM's that happened much earlier? Why the sarcasm and not the scumhunting?

Peace___Frog
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #19) » Tue May 31, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Peaf »

Hey all, had a bit of a busy Memorial Day weekend, but I'm here now. Gonna catch up sometime tonight, not like there's much to read (only what, 2 or so pages?).

When's the deadline, again?
June 14th. There's a link to the countdown in the most recent votecount. -bvoigt
Last edited by bvoigt on Tue May 31, 2011 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peace___Frog

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”