Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Vote: xvart

Hi all, this is a hydra of Locke Lamora and Rhinox for those of you that didn't see it in sign-ups. We'll try to get an avatar up soon (if anyone would like to make a picture of a rhino raising his eyebrow like the Rock, please feel free :P). I'll do my best to remember to sign posts.

Locke
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #1) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Isn't that L-1?

Unvote; Vote: hiphop
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #2) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Rhinocke »

This is the rhinox head of the hydra.

I missed most of yesterday, but I did read the thread once through overnight.

Someone wanna explain all the quick hiphop votes for me? specifically, glass and hip
lop
. Whats the deal?
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #3) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Rhinocke »

oh wait never mind iso of hiphop tells me all I need to know.

hiphop wrote:
xvart wrote:Personally, I hope the first town death is someone in my color group, because I want some powerz.

unvote
vote xvart

Not sure what all the voided nonsense is about, can someone please explain?

lolcounterwagon + distancing

hiphop wrote:
Leiskyrie wrote:Oh wow, failed at voting.

Vote: Voided

Why?

PROTECT THE SCUM PARTNER!

hiphop wrote:Nevermind Leis(Ok if i call you that?)
Voidedmafia wrote:So, 2 out of 4 people (technically 1, since Pack is really just agreeing with Glass) actually have a reasonable and GOOD reason for voting me. Nice.

unvote
vote Voidedmafia

now BUSBUSBUSBUS!

hiphop wrote:
xvart wrote:
Voidedmafia, 60 wrote:xvart is voting just to increase his powers at the detriment to the town.

Flail more, scumbag. There are so many misreps in this one sentence it is almost mind bottling. First, for your statement to be true, I would have to know you are town and your color alignment (which you aren't and I don't); second, I said nothing about how I longed for town members to die for my own pleasure; I said that I hoped when a town person does die he/she is of my color. So unless you are planning on sweeping the scum you should have no qualms with my statement. The reason I know you aren't planning on sweeping the scum team is because a.) you're scum, and b.) you are apparently still RVSing.

For the record, what I said is true; but I worded it in such a way that someone might take it out of context and misrep me. I was hoping to snag a buddy of Voided's which I believe I did with hiphop. Hiphop dies tomorrow for trying to start a counterwagon to scum Voided. Or, if there is some magic color eraser vig, feel free to erase hiphop tonight.
oh, please. :roll: Where did I try to start any counterwagon? I knew exactly what you were saying, so how in the world could I find you scum for that? You said quite clearly you wanted the
first town death
, not the first death. And your last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. The the only way I could be voided's partner would be if we were both scum.

And if he is scum, there would be no vig, because no one has powers, or did you not read the rules?
And if he were town, I could not be his partner could I?

Try harder.

Very WIFOMY here. Still voting voided, but still pushing the counterwagon attempt and getting very defensive about it being called a counter wagon. Wonder why? also, contradicts this early post:
hiphop wrote:
Voidedmafia wrote:xvart is voting just to increase his powers at the detriment to the town.
How so?
<snip>
And the question is referred to the part where he "increases his powers", not the "detriment to the town."

He was questioning voideds suspicions first, then later uses them against xvart.

Carry on everyone
vote Hiphop L-2!!!!
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #4) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Rhinocke »

glass wrote:Distancing?

errr... probably not the best word. More like, not openly defending voided, but questioning votes and asking for the case - but not giving his own opinion either way. whatever the word is for that. fencesitting, maybe?

hiphop wrote:
Rhinocke wrote:
hiphop wrote:

Why?

PROTECT THE SCUM PARTNER!
:roll: Meta me, and then tell me when I ever let a vote go by without a reason. For it is just like scum to hop on a bw without a reason.

what about this vote then:
hiphop wrote:
xvart wrote:Personally, I hope the first town death is someone in my color group, because I want some powerz.

unvote
vote xvart

Not sure what all the voided nonsense is about, can someone please explain?

Whats the explanation for that?

Also, you must not be reading the thread because:
hiphop wrote:

Why?

OH LOOK like 3 posts back from this:
Leiskyrie wrote:And voided wagon is a go, for now.

Voided

Lots of mechanism speculation happening, much of which is currently not applicable and distracting.

Ghost, nobody said anything about claiming right now either.

Looks like this is an explanation for a botched vote to me, then in the post you questioned she was just correcting her voting syntax.

So, what I'm seeing isn't that you wanted to question an unexplained vote - its that you saw a vote on your scum partner and you were trying to find a way to undermine the vote.
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #5) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Rhinocke »

hiphop#161 is very :badposting:

No, I didn't contradict myself. It was just word choice. Semantics. You know this, and you're misrepping because you're only trying to discredit me.

So its ok for you to vote without explaining your vote but not others? is that what you're saying then?

lol @ constantly telling me I'm not reading the thread. Just trying to discredit me rather than show me I'm wrong / show me how you're right.

What do you have to say about the fact I brought up that leis had already explained her vote before you asked her why?
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Rhinocke »

Jedo was my pick for scum when reading back overnight. The about-turn on hiphop from not understanding the case, to saying the xvart vote is strange, to finally acting like hiphop is obv-scum, screams scumbuddy to me. His vote on Meransiel absolutely reeks of not trying to scumhunt either.

Vote: Jedo the Jedi

Locke
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Glass wrote:@rhinocke
I am pretty sure you did the exact same thing as Jedo.

Not really. Context is everything. I'm speaking for Rhinox's mindset here but we're more or less on the same page. He read back and voted for hiphop with no change in votes or even posts in-between. Jedo was not only far more wishy-washy about his hiphop read, he also didn't vote for him; he just said he probably would after our catch. In short, Jedo's post reads like covering his back by voicing some suspicion of hiphop without committing to a vote, while ours was quite clearly just a catch-up and vote. I actually thought hiphop was scum as soon as Voided flipped due to his approach to Voided D1, but Rhinox wasn't really about, hence not understanding the case at first.

Meransiel: why was this your initial reaction to your information when you had nowhere near the degree of certainty this implies?

Meransiel wrote:I will have time for content later. Right now we must lynch scum. I have role-related reasons to believe Coug is scum, therefore...

Therefore, you guys suck.

SC: why did you react as though you were sure Meransiel was scum? Did you really think that was a play that scum would have made?

hiplop wrote:mer, how do you know which colours are out there?
only the colourless know that

Also, red, DO NOT CLAIM. then if one red dies, the scum knows the PR, etc. It wont work at all.

How do you know the bolded?
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Oh and that was Locke. Thanks for the avatar, Leiskyrie!

-Locke
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Alright, I've had just about enough of this nonsense from Jedo and Glass. I'm going to break this down post by post so people can stop saying pointless throwaway things like 'pay attention' and 'I don't see why Jedo's scummy'.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:Ghost's information tease does seem suspicious, but at the same time, it's believable to me because I just had a game where I received information like that. We'll just have to judge based on the information itself.

I really don't understand all the stuff going on with hiphop. I've read the ISO, I've read it in context, and it doesn't stand out to me. Then again, I didn't see anything suspicious about Voided and the town was on the money with that one. Apparently, I'm not very good at seeing the micro-slips which are indicative of scumminess.

I'm down with scrutinizing the lurkers and those who just plopped their votes on hiphop with no explanation. I do want to say, however, that lynching hiphop is perfectly acceptable. From what I understand, this game is self-balancing, so town will be on the off-hand until one of us dies. Additionally, I've considered that the power the scum acquired might have been something along the lines of seeing a person's colour. Anyway, I just remembered something I want to go investigate. I'll divulge if it turns out to be correct.

Context for this post: hiphop is L-2 after Glass's unvote. Jedo here covers his back by excusing himself for missing any scummy points, sets up lynches on anyone who voted hiphop without explaining it and then maintains that hiphop is a fine lynch anyway. In short, lazy and hypocritical with a helping of fence-sitting.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:
hiphop wrote:
Glass wrote:I don't get it, you quoted that line just because it was the only thing to quote? Why quote anything at all if it has nothing to do with your vote?
He posted, I pushed quote, typed what I wanted to say, then continued on in another window....Finished and I hit submit.

I looked back at hiphop again, and this is what gets to me. The whole xvart vote is strange. He didn't find xvart scummy (there's a post along the lines of "how could he possibly think xvart scummy because he clearly said the first town death" or something), but he voted him anyway which it turns out was RVS. xvart challenges this because we were clearly out of RVS, and hiphop counters by asking when RVS arbitrarily ends. The thing is, he quoted xvart talking about wanting powers and voted him in that same post. If it's RVS, why would you quote that? Usually when people quote then vote it is because they are voting based on what was said there, but you are claiming that is exactly what wasn't happening.

The final question in this Glass quote sums up my thoughts very nicely. Please give a better response to it for me, hiphop.

Preview Edit: I like that last catch by Rhinocke. I had forgotten about that. I'll wait for a response, but my vote is probably going on hiphop.

Context: same as the previous, except Rhinox has just pointed out another reason why hiphop is scum. Cue declaration of intent to jump on the bandwagon.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:Post 174 is :badposting:. Too bad you didn't respond better.

Giving Ghost until tomorrow morning to post his info before my vote goes on hiphop.

Context: hiphop is still at L-2, with Hotdogs' L-1 vote and Packbat's unvote. This is just stalling and a little coaching. I mean really, who says 'too bad you didn't respond better' to someone they genuinely think is scum?

Jedo the Jedi wrote:
vote hiphop L-1

Context: well, I think that's pretty obvious vote-wise. Ghost has said he's poisoned, confirming he's town and ruling out any possibility of a hiphop reprieve.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:That case is chock full of WIFOM like you said, Glass. Plus, that second post is a good scum gambit. If he dies, there's only one scum left and those aren't good odds going into day 3 even with self-balancing mechanics. What's more, those powers are no good against a town who can catch scum without needing to use powers.

I think we should lynch hiphop anyway. The posts point too much toward scum, and we can learn a helluva lot from his death. And like I mentioned before, we might lose a townie, but that means two townies gain powers.

Context: hiphop is still L-1. Glass is arguing for hiphop-town. This just looks like a straight-up scumslip to me now that I re-read it. 'If he dies, there's only one scum left'?! Betraying more information than he ought to know if I ever saw it. The rest of this post looks forced and over-justified. To me it reads like a buddy resigned to the fact that hiphop is digging himself a massive hole and he's going to bus him relentlessly because he can't see any other way out of it.

So yeah, Jedo's attitude to hiphop is super-scummy. If you can't see that then you're not reading the game.

-Locke
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Jedo: let me ask you this. Why do you think we have no leads and are advocating a lurker lynch? We're two scum down. There are lots of leads to look into.

Glass: by 'nonsense', I was referring to the fact that you were basically just saying that Jedo wasn't scummy and not really dealing with it any further than that, as well as Jedo's naive counter that he did vote for hiphop, which is obviously massively beside the point when you actually look at the context (hence my post-by-post breakdown). I think Jedo's reaction to hiphop's wagon looks like a buddy who was caught between not wanting to be two scum down and the overwhelming consensus to lynch hiphop, and I think his actions today look like scum who is having a hard time faking scumhunting, having to resort to lurker-lynching when we have plenty to go on. That's why I think he's at L-1.

As for your SC case, I think you have some good points. I definitely agree with you about his reaction; it seems overly hostile and like scum retreating into defence mode, rather than a townie wondering what the explanation could be. On the flip side, he's more aggressive towards hiphop and if it's a bus, it's a more townie-looking one than Jedo's.

-Locke
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Rhinocke wrote:Jedo: let me ask you this. Why do you think we have no leads and are advocating a lurker lynch? We're two scum down. There are lots of leads to look into.

Meransiel: yes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”