xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #0) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:47 am

Post by xvart »

Oh yes. I'm really looking forward to this game. I haven't played a mini since before the 13 rule was applied. Happy hunting.

Personally, I hope the first town death is someone in my color group, because I want some powerz.

VOTE: Voided
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #1) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:34 am

Post by xvart »

Voidedmafia, 60 wrote:xvart is voting just to increase his powers at the detriment to the town.

Flail more, scumbag. There are so many misreps in this one sentence it is almost mind bottling. First, for your statement to be true, I would have to know you are town and your color alignment (which you aren't and I don't); second, I said nothing about how I longed for town members to die for my own pleasure; I said that I hoped when a town person does die he/she is of my color. So unless you are planning on sweeping the scum you should have no qualms with my statement. The reason I know you aren't planning on sweeping the scum team is because a.) you're scum, and b.) you are apparently still RVSing.

For the record, what I said is true; but I worded it in such a way that someone might take it out of context and misrep me. I was hoping to snag a buddy of Voided's which I believe I did with hiphop. Hiphop dies tomorrow for trying to start a counterwagon to scum Voided. Or, if there is some magic color eraser vig, feel free to erase hiphop tonight.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:34 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP (forgot to copy from another tab):
Ghostlin, 53 wrote:Anyhow, I am not claiming my color and I think it's a really bad idea at this point. Maybe after a lynch or two.

Why maybe color claim after a lynch or two?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #3) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:12 am

Post by xvart »

hiphop, 90 wrote:oh, please. :roll: Where did I try to start any counterwagon?
I knew exactly what you were saying, so how in the world could I find you scum for that?
You said quite clearly you wanted the
first town death
, not the first death. And your last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. The the only way I could be voided's partner would be if we were both scum.

Then why exactly did you vote for me when you quoted that specific line? (italic emphasis mine)

VOTE: hiphop
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #4) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:05 am

Post by xvart »

hiphop, 113 wrote:oh, really? Then explain this. Why I would question voided, over something, according to you, I agreed with? And to answer your question, that was your first post, and the only line besides the vote. Or have you forgotten the last game so soon?

Explain what? Your link to page three?

hiphop, 113 wrote: :roll: Meta me, and then tell me when I ever let a vote go by without a reason.

Voting without reason? I'll direct you to this post, which has no explanation and no explanation when explicitly asked for it. Why did you vote me?

hiphop, 14 wrote:Now I will
vote xvart
For making up tells, and ignoring other info that negates said tells. Looks like someone is stretching.

Thanks for the explanation on this vote; but I am not following your reasoning. What am I ignoring? What am I making up? If you want clarification for the whole reason I believe you are scum keep reading.

xvart, 73 wrote:For the record, what I said is true; but I worded it in such a way that someone might take it out of context and misrep me. I was hoping to snag a buddy of Voided's which I believe I did with hiphop. Hiphop dies tomorrow for trying to start a counterwagon to scum Voided.

At the time of your vote on me (after your RVS vote and your third post of the game) I had made one simple post that was intended to be a great opportunity for scum to take completely out of context and misrepped as anti-town. You came along and voted me, quoting that post, and saying nothing else. If you are referencing a past game as the basis for this vote I think you/we were well beyond the point of RVS and since you have been bumbling around not explaining your vote I think it is well past time for you to claim it was a RVS vote based on some other game. Or, if it some game related meta/tell then you'll need to elaborate. You yourself said it was obvious what I was saying but you still voted for what reason?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #5) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by xvart »

hiphop, 115 wrote:Rvs.

Really? I mean... Really? If that was true why did it take you so long to say that? And you can't really say it was a RVS vote when you were talking asking about the legitimacy of a wagon in the same post.

When I said "start a counter wagon" (which seems to be your point of contention) I could have just as easily substituted "create a smoke screen" or "interject something else" or any number of things scum do.

Glass, 123 wrote:
hiphop wrote:
Xvart is scum, because he ignores, key information that negates his entire case.

And what is his case?
hiphop, 124 wrote:Paragraph 2

And your dancing around the Voided wagon, and your flailing, and you calling half the game scum, and taking a ridiculous amount of time and numerous prompts to say your vote on me was RVS.

Seacore, 208 wrote:
hiphop (6) -
xvart
hiplop
, Rhinocke,
StrangerCoug
, HotDogs, Jedo the Jedi

You have voted/FoSed/called scum the bolded people on the wagon, plus you also case suspicion on everyone who hadn't voted at a certain time today. When SC said you were throwing stuff and hoping it sticks, he spoke the truth.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug, 173 wrote:That's right, Sherlocke. And here's the scum motivation behind what you're doing: It is more important to you that you live. Do I care if I die? This is the absolute last game I should be caring if I die.
The people of my color will be getting powers if and when I die. Very useful ones, too.

Can you explain the bolded?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug, 233 wrote:Hold up—I still want that answered, but I didn't see the last page.

xvart wrote:
StrangerCoug, 173 wrote:That's right, Sherlocke. And here's the scum motivation behind what you're doing: It is more important to you that you live. Do I care if I die? This is the absolute last game I should be caring if I die.
The people of my color will be getting powers if and when I die. Very useful ones, too.

Can you explain the bolded?

Why the fishing? It's clear in the sample role PM that powers get progressively stronger, so I see little pro-town motivation in asking that question.

I understand how the roles work; but you seemed acutely aware of the significance of what powers would be distributed. I was trying to dig out if you just bumbled a soft claim as scum for some town cred or whatnot. And yes, it is clear in the sample role PM that powers get progressively stronger, as it also says in my role PM. But what I really want to know is what you meant by "very useful" powers being gained by your alleged like colored drops. FTR, I suppose I did overbold, and only the last sentence should have been bolded; but I can hardly see the "fishing" claim. I noted your post as soon as I saw it but wasn't going to detract the town from the hiphop lynch. My plan was to post it right before the day ended in case I died but then I didn't feel the need due to the poisoner kill method being revealed. The fact that you supported hiphop, however briefly, at the beginning of the day seemed like a failed distance attempt and I didn't want to give scumhiphop any ammo on you to distract from his lynch.

VOTE: StrangerCoug
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:38 am

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug, 242 wrote:You ask me what I mean by "very useful" powers, then refute that you are rolefishing? That's a laugh.

Yes, because at that game state you would have no idea what powers were going to be distributed to your color drop comrades, so there was absolutely no way I could have fished out any information. I wasn't asking you if you were red or yellow and if you got a power today; I was asking why you were so definitive about the roles your like color drops would receive
yesterday
. So it still looks to me to be a messed up soft claim for subtle town cred, unless you can explain why you were so acutely aware of how significant your like colors powers would be before you had a good reason to know such information.

I agree with SC claiming first. We are up in the numbers so I'm really not that concerned with a 1:1 trade if it comes to that, which I don't believe it will since I believe SC to be scum.

The other thing that is interesting considering the most recent conversation about how weak SC thinks the first order powers are is that he was saying yesterday that if he died his color pals would be getting "very useful" powers, which with his death, would have been the first order of powers. And his claim today that he thought everyone would receive the same power in the first order is a little off since he said his color team would receive very useful power
S
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by xvart »

Meransiel, 303 wrote:Anyway, Coug did quite overreact, I wonder if there's something there anyway...

Yes. There is. He is scum regardless. Scum would auto claim a color with a power to possibly stave off a lynch.

StrangerCoug, 309 wrote:I'm also with Leiskyrie here. The other
reds
should not claim.

If you think there are only 3 red members total, don't you mean the other red should not claim?

Rhinocke, 320 wrote:SC: why did you react as though you were sure Meransiel was scum? Did you really think that was a play that scum would have made?

This.

Leiskyrie, 323 wrote:@rhinocke:

I believe it was stated that the colourless know all the colors.

Where?

Leiskyrie, 325 wrote:Although I'm quite happy with where my vote is at the moment, I am beginning to almost lean towards a hiplop lynch, not only based on play but also that it could prove to be informative.

So do you think hiphop was trying to get a sacrificial lamb of a partner lynch for town cred?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by xvart »

V/LA while I travel back to the mainland. Will post and be back in full swing tomorrow night.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:18 am

Post by xvart »

I would like everyone to take a look at StrangerCoug a little closer and compare the behavior to yesterday's flipped scum, hiphop. Yesterday, hiphop showed the following two (predominate) behaviors that lead to his lynch:
  1. Softly defended or danced around the previous scum wagon (Voided), then jumped on the wagon;
  2. Vote jumping around when he started getting votes.

Now compare that to StrangerCoug who:
  1. Softly defended or danced around hiphop early D2 and then joined the wagon;
  2. Vote jumping here to here to here to here.

I want to draw particular attention to the following two posts:
StrangerCoug, 91 wrote:Lieskyrie and hiphop come off to me as on opposing alignments. While I don't like Leiskyrie's handling of hiphop's inquiry as to why she voted Voidedmafia, hiphop himself is suspicious for moving from Leis to VM so easily. His case on him is... what again? Flailing?

StrangerCoug, 105 wrote:I seriously suspect given the speed of the wagon that VoidedMafia was bussed. Not too many people were given the opportunity to post a lot yesterday, so I'm not concerned about the number of posts by anybody yet. Leiskyrie and hiphop still stand out, but on reread Leiskyrie doesn't look
THAT
incriminating and hiphop has generally been helpful overall.

I think this is a very interesting post considering SC said Lieskyrie and hiphop were of opposing alignments but later essentially says neither of them stand out as scummy. This looks like a dichotomous setup while not pushing for either as scum. If Lieskyrie ever flipped town then he has his "bus" on hiphop recorded to go back on if the votes started swinging that way.

In the case of StrangerCoug and his vote hopping (none of which I'm very convinced by the provided justifications) I'm thinking that since the scum team has been dismantled he is having trouble actually scumhunting since he wouldn't want to bus his last partner (if there is another scum) and he doesn't want to push too hard and get a town lynch which would attract attention to him.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug wrote:hiphop and Leiskyrie have already been explained. As for the vote hopping, I concede overreacting to Meransiel but would like you to explain how my other three vote reasons are faulty.

Well, for starters, your first vote on me is pretty suspect considering I was the one that got the bandwagon on hiphop started with something I mentioned the previous day; and since it wasn't fishing at all considering the context of the quote I posted and the town knowledge of their own role instructions. As for your vote on Jedo, it seems strange that your FoS/vote on Meransiel had the inclusion of tying him to me, then retract your suspicion of Meransiel (reasonable in my opinion) but don't return your vote to me. You refute my counterargument that I wasn't rolefishing as laughable (242), so you clearly believe that I was actually rolefishing and therefore you should still think I am scum regardless of your opinion of Meransiel; but you choose to vote for Jedo (332) under the pretext of him suggesting active lurker hunting. This is a pretty weak vote considering you, for all observable purposes, should still think I am scum since Meransiel's vote was also conditional of me being scum (I'll come back to this later). Then you voted HotDogs under the pretext of them not being town enough (354). You provided weak (or no) justification for them being scum; but rather them not being town enough?

Your switch vote on Meransiel from your vote on me is strange since you explicitly stated that he was tied to me. In most cases you should have been voting me regardless of your opinion on Meransiel since you suggested he was protecting me, then upon my alleged scum flip you would follow up with Meransiel. Under the circumstances, and if you were town, it would be justifiable since someone was claiming information on you being scum; but even considering that you should have immediately returned your vote to me since Meransiel's claim has nothing to do with my scum level. Since you didn't return your vote to me and instead went to Jedo for active lurking hunting it is obvious that you didn't really believe I was scum to begin with.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:18 am

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug, 408 wrote:If people would please stop factoring out Jedo the Jedi's lack of a vote in this.

I'm not, and I actually agree with you about it, to a point; but your voting progression is much more suspect. My point about your vote on him is you were pretty confident in my alleged rolefishing and even refuted my arguments explaining how it couldn't be rolefishing. The last thing you said on the subject indicated that you still believed me to be scum because you perceived me to be rolefishing.

StrangerCoug, 408 wrote:Opinions change, xvart. If I establish that you and Meransiel are connected, then decide that Meransiel isn't scum, then I fail to see what's wrong with deciding you aren't scum either.

This is the key point: According to you, my alignment was unique and independent to Meransiel. You only tied Meransiel's alignment to me and not the other way around. Your level of suspicion of me was well documented before any of the Meransiel stuff came around, so him being cleared as town should have nothing to do with my alignment in your eyes.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 am

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug, 410 wrote:In any event, I do not view you as the scummiest player. HotDogs dead would make me happy, but forced to settle with a Jedo the Jedi lynch, that's fine.

Which is it? I'm possibly scum or not scum at all?

StrangerCoug, 410 wrote:In any event, I do not view you as the scummiest player. HotDogs dead would make me happy,
but forced to settle with a Jedo the Jedi lynch
, that's fine.
Jedo the Jedi, 422 wrote:
I don't really want Coug to be the lynch today. I think he's suspicious after seeing the case more clearly, but I'd rather bust up one of the others.
In order to give us some information and move the game along, I will hammer Coug the next time I get on (at least 8 hours from now, maybe 14).

Sooo... SC will "settle" for a Jedo lynch and Jedo thinks SC is scum but wants to get information by busting one of the others up? Jedo and SC scum buddy much?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by xvart »

HotDogs, 430 wrote:
Jedo the Jedi wrote:If you are town, it would still be helpful for you to post your thoughts for us to analyze tomorrow. There's still time until the mod posts the death scene.

Seriously, this guy is scum. Scummy scummy scum scum.

Yes; once I pegged him and SC together he wanted to try and buy some town cred with an immediate hammer.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by xvart »

Let's wrap this up.

VOTE: Jedo the Jedi
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:56 am

Post by xvart »

UNVOTE:

Mers - do you get to use your previous action until night or did you lose a complete action when you got upgraded?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:28 am

Post by xvart »

VOTE: Meransiel
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 am

Post by xvart »

UNVOTE:

Hold up a second... Gotta think about something.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:50 am

Post by xvart »

Seacore wrote:I feel sorry for StrangerCoug, there was very little he could do. Do you know why he 'reacted too strongly'? Because his sole remaining teammate fucked both of them in a single post.

I was on to SC at the end of D1 and all over him D2 before any of that went down. I would not have relented similar to the previous day with hiphop.

As scum, I think not having a NK would have made me insta bus a partner for town cred and a kill.

Seacore wrote:So, lets say mylo is 3v1?

There are 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, and 1 scum pretending to be yellow.
Town realise that one of the yellows is scum.
Town lynch wrong one, scum kills one of the others, scum wins.

Still, this is pretty decent odds if town guessed randomly.

Leiskyrie wrote:At the end, I'm surprised it took that long to lynch Merans. I was ranting about it to Kat, but seriously, if there was any more doubt I would've imploded. Did people actually ever believe Merans for a second that I was scum that went LOLWTF and decided to suicide and effectively DOOM THE SCUMTEAM when the lynch was on Jedo, someone I've been calling scummy for a while?

The reason I unvoted when I did was because I started thinking about the powers the scum team might have gained with only one member. I started thinking all doomsday conspiracy scenarios in my head when the scum team would have a poison, NK, and some other kind of kill or lynch proof or something and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't some crazy gambit by you (if you were scum) that there would be no possible chance for town to win if you had beastly powers. Also, the whole thing with SC was really making my head spin. In addition, I don't think the role pm's were as definitive as every is making it out to be; yes, they indicate that there are three colors, but not definitively in my opinion. That was another thing I was considering. I almost claimed red the day SC did because I didn't believe him and my power was sufficiently weak but I kept going back to the pm possibly being slightly misleading.

Seacore wrote:Feel free to sign up again next time around.

Can I pre-in here or do you want a pm?

Also, regarding the setup, I think an uneven spread of colors is a good idea. I think having single color town would be good, too; as they would never get any powers but not be able to know that. That might be a decent way to mix it up.

Meransiel, 517 wrote:Voided was an accident, hiphop burried himself, the rest you know. Did we as scum deserve to lose (maybe except SC)? Yes.

I have to contend the hiphop and SC to a lesser degree. I was all over both of them, and I believe hiphop folded under the pressure I initiated. Part of town play is to put scum in a situation where they fumble, mix up stories, get caught in lies, or have to create extravagent explanations. The fact that scum crumble under pressure should not demean the town's play for successfully putting them in that situation.

I was really surprised I wasn't killed last night since I was the first vote on each of hiphop and SCs wagons and never moved my vote.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”