Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

ooba wrote:I thought we weren't mentioning town reads?

meh. Not sure how much good that does. They're going to recruit someone, after all, and we all know that town reads have a very short expiration date in this game no matter what.

I really, really want to find a scum today. I know that Mr. Flay does his best to make his games balanced, but IMHO, despite his best efforts, all the cult games of his I've been in have all been balanced against the town pretty significantly; it's just hard to create a cult game that isn't balanced against the town. We're probably going to need a lucky break here to have a decent shot. If sharing town reads improves our odds of finding and lynch a scum today, and thus wiping out a whole scum group, then it's worth the risk.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Only if we're willing to make a 180 turn on a whim.

ooba wrote:
Vote: Seraphim

Seraphim is for tomorrow. xvart is today.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yosarian2 wrote:

meh. Not sure how much good that does. They're going to recruit someone, after all, and we all know that town reads have a very short expiration date in this game no matter what.

I really, really want to find a scum today. I know that Mr. Flay does his best to make his games balanced, but IMHO, despite his best efforts, all the cult games of his I've been in have all been balanced against the town pretty significantly; it's just hard to create a cult game that isn't balanced against the town. We're probably going to need a lucky break here to have a decent shot. If sharing town reads improves our odds of finding and lynch a scum today, and thus wiping out a whole scum group, then it's worth the risk.

You've played with me for a long time. You know Kinetic and I well. Who do you think we would pick?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In this case, on day 1, when all you care about is getting your one cult memeber to survive the day? Someone who's good at staying alive and staying under the radar. Someone who plays a solid, logical game without taking big risks or having to always lead the town.

I don't know everyone in the game, but the names that come to mind are xvart, Battousai, possibly ooba, possibly Herodotus. Don't know what your or Kintetic's experence of those players are, though.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Yosarian2 wrote:
I have played one double cult game before, the town won, because late in the game the cults have
To start focusing on each other.
Surfs up dude.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:In this case, on day 1, when all you care about is getting your one cult memeber to survive the day? Someone who's good at staying alive and staying under the radar. Someone who plays a solid, logical game without taking big risks or having to always lead the town.

I don't know everyone in the game, but the names that come to mind are xvart, Battousai, possibly ooba, possibly Herodotus. Don't know what your or Kintetic's experence of those players are, though.

STOP TALKING TO THE SCUM, YOS! It's a trap!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Also.

I have a great plan for tomorrow if I'm alive.

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Chronopie »

You're more likely to end up scum than dead DGB.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Chronopie wrote:You're more likely to end up scum than dead DGB.

:-(

If there is a recruitment-doctor please protect me.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:In this case, on day 1, when all you care about is getting your one cult memeber to survive the day? Someone who's good at staying alive and staying under the radar. Someone who plays a solid, logical game without taking big risks or having to always lead the town.

STOP TALKING TO THE SCUM, YOS! It's a trap!

It's ok. I think that Albert's natural inability to remain quiet for any length of time is going to work to our advantage here. ;)

Plus, hell, maybe he can help us scumhunt for Kintetic's recruit.

Albert, who do you think Kinetic would recruit night zero?

Kinetic, who do you think Albert would recruit night zero?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Didn't we discuss this already? Why are you wasting time?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Porochaz wrote:Didn't we discuss this already? Why are you wasting time?

No, we actually haven't heard from Albert who he thinks Kinetic would have picked night zero, or vice versa. There was that fun little WIFOM thing they did with each other ,but that was them "claiming" their own targets.

Anyway, we do have limited time, but it's not like we have limited posts; it dosn't cost the town anything for me to ask questions. Why are you opposed to me asking the scum some questions?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Porochaz »

How does that make any sense whatsoever?

This is what was done.

Kinetic wrote:

IF ABR agrees, I can go first today on who I think his 2-3 picks are, and he can follow me, and we can flip tomorrow, etc, if we are both still around.

Essentially what you just asked.

It doesn't cost the town to ask questions but its more useful and your more likely to gain something useful by asking town those questions!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Yosarian2 wrote:My vote on him really has nothing to do with DGB's vote.

Your reasons are similar though. You both used a profile of your expectations of who should be recruited pregame.

Battousai wrote:
Herodotus wrote:Wut what? I already explained how Cobbler's comment resembled a scumslip.

That's not the problem that I saw. I want to know why you think we should treat a noobie with kid gloves. I want to know why I shouldn't press on someone I find to be scummy, because he may make a scumslip (and be town).

If you want to do it, you don't need my permission. But newbie townies who are under pressure often start to look like scum - at least in the judgement of the majority. Cite: personal observation of games I've played in.

Porochaz wrote:Didn't we discuss this already? Why are you wasting time?

My reaction exactly.

@Albert: Do you have daytalk? Assuming things are symmetric between you and Kinetic, I may have a lead, but I'd rather not elaborate until you've answered.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Herodotus wrote:@Albert: Do you have daytalk? Assuming things are symmetric between you and Kinetic, I may have a lead, but I'd rather not elaborate until you've answered.

I suppose kinetic can try answering too, but I'm not going to be overly trusting, obviously.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Tanarin »

@Drippinggoofball: I am not liking how you are refusing to listen to the stumps altogether. As has been mentioned in thread before, They do have an interest in eliminating each other ASAP. I think the questions towards them do need to be directed towards the thoughts on the other side and not towards their own group though.

@Albert and Kinetic: OK, gonna expand on Yosa's question a bit, as I think it is a bit of a rehash and too general. I want to go and hear their thoughts on EVERYONE in the game not just their top picks for whom the other has chosen.

@cobbler wagon: Yeah, did not notice he said other recruit earlier. Then again he seems solidly on the xvart bus as the first recruit given post #150.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Tanarin wrote:@Drippinggoofball: I am not liking how you are refusing to listen to the stumps altogether. As has been mentioned in thread before, They do have an interest in eliminating each other ASAP. I think the questions towards them do need to be directed towards the thoughts on the other side and not towards their own group though.

@Albert and Kinetic: OK, gonna expand on Yosa's question a bit, as I think it is a bit of a rehash and too general. I want to go and hear their thoughts on EVERYONE in the game not just their top picks for whom the other has chosen.

@cobbler wagon: Yeah, did not notice he said other recruit earlier. Then again he seems solidly on the xvart bus as the first recruit given post #150.

Please read succession 1 for a good reason why we should be ignoring albert and kintic completely.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Herodotus wrote:@Albert: Do you have daytalk? Assuming things are symmetric between you and Kinetic, I may have a lead, but I'd rather not elaborate until you've answered.

:neutral:

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Kinetic, shall we have a gentlemen's agreement to not talk about the map, our abilities, our communications and the details of our roles as mob figures?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Tanarin »

OK, will start reading it tomorrow. For now I will take your word for it.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Vote: Yosarian2

Vote is in a bad place. And his reasoning for it is bad on two fronts. One, if xvart is being run up to a lynch today, isn't that exactly the sort of player they would avoid? How come no one mentioned this. Sheeping vote with DGB is bad. Also, reading all pages in this thread is critical, your questions have already been asked and answered.

Question for the other players. Flay explicitly revealed the white flag mechanic at my request.

If the cult recruiters have only recruited once, and they lose if their faction only has one person, why have they not already lost?

Also, Is it even possible to beat the cult? If we wipe out one cult somehow today, the other will always be recruiting even as we lynch their members, always staying one member ahead of an ability we have to stop them.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Ludi, As for your question, I assume it is because the recruiter themselves count as a member of their faction. Makes the most sense to me.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Its do or die for town on day one then.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Magister Ludi wrote:One, if xvart is being run up to a lynch today, isn't that exactly the sort of player they would avoid? How come no one mentioned this.
Couldn't you say that about anyone who is lynched -- that they wouldn't have been chosen because they were possibly going to get lynched?

Magister Ludi wrote:Also, Is it even possible to beat the cult? If we wipe out one cult somehow today, the other will always be recruiting even as we lynch their members, always staying one member ahead of an ability we have to stop them.
Porochaz and I just talked about that.
I guess it's safe to assume that the town has reasonable winning chances, even if it might not be clear how that works mathematically. It might be best not to discuss why if it's because of PR's. It's also possible that the cults have a limited number of recruitment shots.

That's worth repeating, I think, to motivate the town.

It's possible that the cults have a limited number of recruitment shots. If so, very few of us will be recruited, so no one should let their town play suffer in the hope that they'll be recruited later.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

No, seeing as the main reason for lynching xvart appears to be 'he's middle of the road, thus exactly who the CR would pick! No one would lynch him, so lets lynch him'!

Who would you of picked herod?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Magister Ludi wrote:Who would you have picked, Herodotus?
(Sorry. I tried to hold back my inner grammar nazi, but failed.)

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p3070234

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”