Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Thats a list, I just want a single name. You wouldn't have recruited xvart would you?

Also, This is also the best possible day for town to talk and share information, speculation and knowledge. There are only two anti-town players and no one can be accused of buddying. Its the optimal time to converse.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

@ML: I think your ruling out the possibility of a roleblocker, recruitment doctor, recruitment immune people, etc. Cult is hard to beat, but it isn't impossible.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Perhaps. But I don't want to even mention any hidden chance town has to win against the juggernauts.

Who would you have recruited?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

11 hour shift today, probably no post tonight because of it. I'll have something substantial tomorrow night.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Cecily »

I feel like I'm at a disadvantage having played with only a small number of people in here.

Does DGB have a habit of not actually giving reasons? I mean, everyone seems to respect her, but I don't actually see a lot of content.

I don't understand Cobb's need to say that his read on Yos is probably wrong. It feels more like he's trying to clear something when Yos comes back with a town read (if we even get to that point today), and self deprecating typically does the trick for people to think you're trustworthy. But that's definitely not strong enough evidence for me to believe it.

All of this is WIFOM. Having never encountered most of these players I have no basis off of which to judge them. But I think the xvart case is strong enough at the moment to leave my vote there.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Cecily, I noticed that you haven't said anything about xvart, except a question you asked him the one time you mention him at all. And then you instigate doubt all over DGB's content. But you also say that the case is strong. So, what about the case? Or is it just a pressure vote?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Woahhh I'm tired and that post didn't make any sense.

Let's try this again. Are you in line with DGB or not? Your vote is with her but your mouth isn't. You talk about her being "respected". So what do you think about Yosarian and Chronopie?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Albert, how many scum per team right now?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Magister Ludi, would you prefer to play as town, as part of my team, or as part of Kinetic's team in this game?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

You're too shy to mention the fourth faction in this game I take it?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Unaware of it, we'll see who runs this town come nightfall. Good night Ludi
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Zdenek wrote:I am ignoring their lists.

Well that's one way to go about it. On the other hand they are genuinely trying to get each other killed, so they aren't completely useless to listen to. For example an sk can make good points about who scum might be etc.
Furthermore they, unlike anyone else, have all the information about how they go about picking their recruit and what special rules apply (if any), and thus have a better idea than anyone who the other person might pick based on all of this.

bvoigt wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:In other news I don't like battouasi's 206.

vote: battouasi

Why?

I think he's making wild claims about ludi to make the case on him seem better than it is.

Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:For the sake of the agreement we had, I will nominate Fritzler, Chronopie and ThAdmiral for yours.

ThAdmiral wrote:

Question to everyone:

Does anyone think either of ABR or kinetic would have been ballsy enough to put their recruitment pick in their 3 that they suggested to each other?

For the record I don't think so.

Everyone will think I'm WiFOMing or w/e, so I won't add analysis. I'm merely pointing these things out. You look at the, discuss them hopefully, and draw your own conclusions. I just find both of these things mighty suspicious.

To wifom you back, do you think I would be ballsy enough to bring it up if I was his recruit?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Absolutely.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Cool.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 1:08 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Second Vote Count of Day One:

xvart - 7 (DrippingGoofball, Cecily, Yosarian2, Seraphim, Cobblerfone, Fritzler, Nobody Special)
Cobblerfone - 4 (xvart, Flameaxe, bvoigt, Porochaz)
Magister Ludi - 3 (springlullaby, Bunnylover, Battousai)
springlullaby - 1 (Herodotus)
Chronopie - 1 (RaudhrGarm)
Fritzler - 1 (Zdenek)
Battousai - 1 (ThAdmiral)
Seraphim - 1 (ooba)
Yosarian2 - 1 (Magister Ludi)

Not Voting: 5 (Chronopie, Dry-fit, Katsuki, populartajo, Tanarin)

With 25 voters, it will take 13 to lynch.

No-posts-since-confirm prods have gone out. Most people are doing well on posting, thankfully.
Retired as of October 2014.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

People that need to post more:

Tajo (Who has nothing except a confirm post)
Dry-Fit (Only one nonconfirm-post post)
Katsuki (Who's decided to lurk)

I'm not going to respond to Yosarian2's post about the unrecruitable modifier.

I was at first reluctant to post this for fear of the mobsters WIFOMing me, but I guess if I reset them every day it shouldn't matter right?
Townreads for today:
DrippingGoofball (I would prefer if doctors target her as she requested.)
Yosarian2 (His most recent posts seem more sincere. Still, I'm not good at judging tone I guess.)
Katsuki
Magister Ludi
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

*Herodotus is also a townread of mine.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Porochaz »

^ There should be more votes on this guy.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Magister Ludi wrote:
Vote: Yosarian2

Vote is in a bad place. And his reasoning for it is bad on two fronts. One, if xvart is being run up to a lynch today, isn't that exactly the sort of player they would avoid?

That is such a bad argument.

I have never seen Xvart be lynched day 1 in any other game. Part of the reason he's being voted is that he's never lynched day 1.

Are you saying that whoever we decide to vote today, we should unvote them because we're voting them?

Sheeping vote with DGB is bad.

What are you talking about? In order to get a game moving, in order to start getting information and such, you have to join bandwagons. This happened to be one that I agreed with the logic behind, so I joined it. If joining wagons is always "sheeping", then that makes "sheeping" a very pro-town action, since town obviously can't win without doing that.

Also, reading all pages in this thread is critical, your questions have already been asked and answered.

Why is everyone so determined to protect the cult recruiters from answering questions here?

Also, Is it even possible to beat the cult? If we wipe out one cult somehow today, the other will always be recruiting even as we lynch their members, always staying one member ahead of an ability we have to stop them.

I'm sure it's possible, probably due to some town power roles and/or some kind of restriction on the cult's ability to recruit. We shouldn't speculate about this any farther since we do not want to out any town power roles today.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cobblerfone wrote:

I asked you why you would claim unrecruitable, when claiming unrecruitable is so obviously anti-town for any actual unrecruitable people to do, while being a good thing for recruited scum to claim, and your response is to "refuse to respond"?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Zdenek »

xvart on Chronopie wrote:
Once identified as a decent player and good recruit on N0 he starts saying how he wouldn't be a good recruit. That is the chronology I'm talking about.

No it wasn't. What you said was:
xvart wrote:
Diminishes his level of play when given a slight amount of attention for being a possible recruit target

It's not really the same to say that someone diminishing their level of play as to say that they are being self-deprecating.

springlullaby wrote:
No, I'm ok with my vote on Ludi right now because I don't think his list idea is good for the town for the reasons I've already cited you've quoted: "I think it's obvious that telling scum what you think they are thinking while your goal is to outguess them is not very wise".
It's a self handicapping process, meaning that it is at best not well thought out townie plan, at worst scum trying to look busy while creating air.

So you're not voting him because you think he was recruited, but because he is doing something that you perceive as anti-town.

Porochaz wrote:
Zdenek post at the bottom of page 8, makes me wary that he seems to be strongly in favour of cutting out the newbies as potential recruits which includes himself

I don't like that Porochaz bothered to say this, but ignored that DGB and Yos decided to eliminate high-profile players from consideration as recruits.

Cobblerfone wrote:
I know the role I have. I was halfway sure that all teamsters might've had it too. To explain in short: I'm unrecruitable. The scum will have to lynch or kill me. That's the difference that made me not want to lynch you.

Why did you claim this now?

Magister Ludi wrote:
One, if xvart is being run up to a lynch today, isn't that exactly the sort of player they would avoid? How come no one mentioned this.

Because it leads nowhere . . . is this a trick question?

Cobbler wrote:

Why?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 6:05 am

Post by xvart »

Yosarian2, 241 wrote:Xvert was exactly who I was thinking of in my post on page 2, long before DGB attacked him. He's one of the most logical day 1 recruitment choices; have you ever seen Xvert get lynched on day 1 of a game? I don't believe I have, at least not as far as I can remember.

Full disclosure: I've never been lynched D1, and I think I have only been lynched 2 or 3 times total. What day were you recruited in Succession 1?

Yosarian2, 244 wrote:On the other hand, an unrecruitable fakeclaim makes a lot of sense for a recruit to make. You wouldn't have to worry about the other side trying to recruit you and finding out your alignment that way, for one thing.

If I was ABR or Kinetic I would tell my N0 recruit to claim unrecruitable if put under pressure.

Cobble
- care to elaborate on flavor behind your unrecruitableness?

Also, as others have said, it would be foolish to completely ignore Kinetic and ABR because they are interested in killing the opposing recruits. Obviously it must be taken with a grain of salt. Plus, they can't actively or strongly hunt someone on their own team in case the other mob uses their influence to get that wagon going or the town agrees with it, so in a sense we will need to parse out the bussing like any game. From participation so far I get the feeling that Kinetic is going to be much more tight lipped than ABR in this area but we'll see.
ABR and Kinetic
- do you guys have the typical activity level as everyone else?

Also, in Succession I there was a recruiter mechanic that interfered with voting for a lynch. The recruiter could sacrifice his night action to remove a vote from anyone, so I imagine there will be some sort of mechanism in this game as well, but probably more powerful considering the white flag mechanism. I think we should collectively agree that if there are any town actions that interfere with a lynch that it should not be used today for any reason; so if any shenanigans happen with the lynch (remove votes, pardons the lynch, etc.) we know it is a mob motive and can act accordingly.

Did we make a collective decision on whether or not we should discuss players who are obv not recruited N0? I don't see the harm as long as it is prefaced with knowing that it goes out the window D2.

Zdenek, 295 wrote:
xvart on Chronopie wrote:
Once identified as a decent player and good recruit on N0 he starts saying how he wouldn't be a good recruit. That is the chronology I'm talking about.

No it wasn't. What you said was:
xvart wrote:
Diminishes his level of play when given a slight amount of attention for being a possible recruit target

It's not really the same to say that someone diminishing their level of play as to say that they are being self-deprecating.

Seriously? You are going to argue semantics and syntax with me over this? They are the same thing in intent. The obvious point of my post was he was diminishing his level of play and/or being self deprecating to allude to/show how unlikely it was that he was recruited; and it was done at a time when he had very little if any support of actually being lynched. So now the real question is are you recruited and just using the classic scum tactic of arguing semantics to look like you are participating?

Zdenek, 295 wrote:
Porochaz wrote:
Zdenek post at the bottom of page 8, makes me wary that he seems to be strongly in favour of cutting out the newbies as potential recruits which includes himself

I don't like that Porochaz bothered to say this, but ignored that DGB and Yos decided to eliminate high-profile players from consideration as recruits.

I don't feel that this is an appropriate or adequate comparison. I can't put into words what I'm trying to say here yet, but I'll come back to it.

Zdenek
- why are you still voting Fritz? And can you explain the reasoning behind your original strong recruit target list? I think I see some logic behind it (however flawed it might be) but it seems inconsistent so I'll let you explain first.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Xvart wrote:Cobble - care to elaborate on flavor behind your unrecruitableness?

It might hint too much at the role I have. I like your latest post.

UNVOTE: Xvart
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Kinetic »

Cobblerfone wrote:
Xvart wrote:Cobble - care to elaborate on flavor behind your unrecruitableness?

It might hint too much at the role I have. I like your latest post.

UNVOTE: Xvart

His role: Claimed Cult Recruit.

Oops, did I say that?

ABR is kicking himself for choosing you, isn't he?

ABR
: Why did you choose Cobb?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

Zdenek wrote:
Porochaz wrote:

Yeah... its kind of like I don't suspect yos at all...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”