Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Zdenek »

Xvart wrote:
Seriously? You are going to argue semantics and syntax with me over this? They are the same thing in intent. The obvious point of my post was he was diminishing his level of play and/or being self deprecating to allude to/show how unlikely it was that he was recruited; and it was done at a time when he had very little if any support of actually being lynched. So now the real question is are you recruited and just using the classic scum tactic of arguing semantics to look like you are participating?

Xvart, I took your use of the word diminishing to mean that you thought he actually started playing worse as a result of it being suggested that he was recruited, as opposed to just being self-deprecating. I think the two things are quite different.

Xvart wrote:
Zdenek - why are you still voting Fritz? And can you explain the reasoning behind your original strong recruit target list? I think I see some logic behind it (however flawed it might be) but it seems inconsistent so I'll let you explain first.

I am voting Fritz because I think he was a reasonable choice to be recruited. He was also self-deprecating about his play. In an earlier post he told us that he walked a mile to get cell reception to make a post, but his most recent post was quite casual. I don't mean any of this to be damning, but it certainly doesn't give me a reason to think that he wasn't recruited, so my vote stays.

As far as my list goes:
I removed Bunnylover, bvoigt, Cecily, Cobblerfone,, Raudhr, Dry-Fit, Nobody Special and ThAdmiral because of newness or my experiences playing with them. I should note that I kept Ludi because I thought he was an alt.

I removed Katsuki because Ludi removed him for being too volatile.

I kept people with positions in the town that seemed like they might come with abilities that could be useful. I am aware that Mr. Flay said that their wasn't necessarily a relation between game role and town-position, so this was essentially an arbitrary way to reduce the list. I made a judgement call to remove the doctor at this point. That left me with

Fritz L. R. Hernandez, City Councilperson
Herodotus Greco, Corrupt Cop
Mr. Sam Ludi, Corrupt Cop
Charles "Chaz" Poro, Business Owner
Ms. Spring Lullaby, Banker
Anahito Xvart, Teamster

This was just a starting place for me. I did not intent it to be a list of the only people I would consider lynching.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Katsuki »

I have a feeling that the CR wouldn't recruit ANYONE high-profile for D1, if not to avoid even the slightest chance of losing D1.

Discuss.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:25 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Cecily wrote:Does DGB have a habit of not actually giving reasons? I mean, everyone seems to respect her, but I don't actually see a lot of content.

Have faith that I have a very evil master plan spread over the next few days.

In this greater meta-plan, who we lynch today matters for one reason only, a reason that you will find out tomorrow.

VERY IMPORTANT:

If anyone has an anti-recruitment power, USE IT ON ME. Feel free to lynch me on Day 3 after the plan is explained to everyone.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:30 am

Cobblerfone wrote:
Xvart wrote:Cobble - care to elaborate on flavor behind your unrecruitableness?

It might hint too much at the role I have. I like your latest post.

UNVOTE: Xvart

You can re-vote xvart.

This game isn't about today, as much as it is about tomorrow.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Kinetic »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Cecily wrote:Does DGB have a habit of not actually giving reasons? I mean, everyone seems to respect her, but I don't actually see a lot of content.

Have faith that I have a very evil master plan spread over the next few days.

In this greater meta-plan, who we lynch today matters for one reason only, a reason that you will find out tomorrow.

VERY IMPORTANT:

If anyone has an anti-recruitment power, USE IT ON ME. Feel free to lynch me on Day 3 after the plan is explained to everyone.

I have an anti-recruitment power DGB. If I use it on you, you can't be recruited by anyone else. :)
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:48 am

Kinetic wrote:I have an anti-recruitment power DGB. If I use it on you, you can't be recruited by anyone else. :)

^^^ SCUM SLIP ALERT

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Kinetic »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kinetic wrote:I have an anti-recruitment power DGB. If I use it on you, you can't be recruited by anyone else. :)

^^^ SCUM SLIP ALERT

Slip? I was talking about the power to recruit someone. Its anti-other peoples recruitment. lol. I think. It would be weird if the people I recruited could then be recruited by someone else, although now that I think about it, I never did ask Flay about that. DGB, since I recruited you, just ask Flay if you can be recruited by someone else.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

Lol. There is so much WIFOM this game, I love it.

Cobblerfone: I don't want to to claim anything else; in fact, I wish you hadn't claimed what you have. What I would like is for you to explain why you claimed so prematurely.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Battousai »

Herodotus- No. I do not like giving newbies passes. I've been screwed over many a times because I took skill level into consideration.

Just want to point out that if I were ABR or Kinetic and was looking forward to beating the other, I wouldn't be helping the town against the other cult D1. Where's the sense of victory over the other cult if the town wipes them out?

Yos- You clearly haven't played with me often enough to know my scum meta based on your description of me.

Not liking Cobb or xvart, as well as Ludi. Claiming unrecruitable is similar to me as someone claiming bulletproof in a normal game. Combine that with his play - voting someone because their role is doctor (changes it for a policy lynch for an ongoing game :roll:) However, xvart's attack on him (starting around Cobb's ISO 11) makes me think xvart is trying hard to get the lead wagon shifted over to Cobb, and not because he finds Cobb scummy.

Xvart- Gets attention thrown on him, makes shitty case on Chrono that fails, shifts to Cobbler who was already looking suspicous with another bad point (the whole "other recruit"). ISO 5 has him trying to chake the confidence of anyone voting him (or anyone really) that the majority of the day will be town on town.

Zdenek- You only mention 16 players in your last post, what about the 9 others (besides the CRs)?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battousai wrote:
Yos- You clearly haven't played with me often enough to know my scum meta based on your description of me.

Perhaps. I've played with you a bunch of times, and I generally think of you as a solid, reliable, generally logical player who's not too high profile, who's generally active but is rarely going to be one of the top posters of a game. I can't remember offhand if I've played with you when you were scum, though.

Since you brought it up; what would you say your scum meta is, then?

[qutoe]
Not liking Cobb or xvart, as well as Ludi. Claiming unrecruitable is similar to me as someone claiming bulletproof in a normal game. Combine that with his play - voting someone because their role is doctor (changes it for a policy lynch for an ongoing game :roll:) However, xvart's attack on him (starting around Cobb's ISO 11) makes me think xvart is trying hard to get the lead wagon shifted over to Cobb, and not because he finds Cobb scummy[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with this. That being said, remember we're looking for two scum in opposing scum groups here. Xvart and Cobb can't be scum together, but we already knew that; even if Xvart does flip scum, that doesn't actually tell us anything about Cobb.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Zdenek »

Battousai wrote:
Zdenek- You only mention 16 players in your last post, what about the 9 others (besides the CRs)?

I didn't mention them by name, but:
Zdenek wrote:
I kept people with positions in the town that seemed like they might come with abilities that could be useful. I am aware that Mr. Flay said that their wasn't necessarily a relation between game role and town-position, so this was essentially an arbitrary way to reduce the list. I made a judgement call to remove the doctor at this point. That left me with . . .

So I removed the cook, the dancers, the junkies, and so on.

Porochaz wrote:
Yeah... its kind of like I don't suspect yos at all...

I don't like this response at all. He expresses suspicion of me because I used a way of excluding players that excludes myself, I comment that he didn't point out the fact that both Yosarian and DGB did the same thing by excluding high profile players, and rather than explaining himself, he responds sarcastically.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:36 am

Post by ooba »

I really cannot understand the attacks on Cobblerfone. Do people really think recruiters would have targeted him? No offense to Cobbler, but why would I back someone untested .. It's been two months since he joined the site ..

Cobblerfone - 4 (xvart, Flameaxe, bvoigt,
Porochaz
)

Just making a call on the two(?) recruits for D1 - Poro and Sera ..

DGB - support me on Sera - call it a strong vibe ..
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

ooba wrote:I really cannot understand the attacks on Cobblerfone. Do people really think recruiters would have targeted him? No offense to Cobbler, but why would I back someone untested .. It's been two months since he joined the site ..

That's a fair question.

I guess my concern is that I don't really see a pro-town unrecruitable claiming the way he did, but if I was a scum recruiter and I decided to recruit a newbie, I'd probably tell him "If you get in trouble, just claim unrecruitable. It's unconfirmable, it's safe, town won't want to lynch an unrecruitable, counterclaims are not a problem since there may be more then one unrecruitable, and it'll keep you safe from the other scum recruiter".

Basically, it's just the perfect scum fakeclaim, while at the same time, a town unrecrutable should not even think about claiming at, what was he at, 3 votes or something? So him claiming unrecruitable is either a "good scum play", or it's a "REALLY bad town play", and that makes me suspicious.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

xvart wrote:
Full disclosure: I've never been lynched D1, and I think I have only been lynched 2 or 3 times total.

(nods) Yeah, I believe it.

What day were you recruited in Succession 1?

I was town day 1, then I was recruited the night after that, I believe. Looking back at the game, looks like I was recruited at the same time you were, heh.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Battousai »

Zdenek- So you removed the bank clerk but not the banker?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Zdenek »

Battousai wrote:Zdenek- So you removed the bank clerk but not the banker?

Yes
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:09 am

Kinetic wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:

^^^ SCUM SLIP ALERT

Slip?

Indeed, you slipped that you haven't recruited me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:10 am

Yosarian2 wrote:Claiming unrecruitable is similar to me as someone claiming bulletproof in a normal game.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This is different.

COMPLETELY different.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:11 am

Also, I *think* Kinetic slipped that there is more recruitment that is possible. Maybe.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:13 am

ooba wrote:DGB - support me on Sera - call it a strong vibe ..

Manana, manana...

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, I *think* Kinetic slipped that there is more recruitment that is possible. Maybe.

In the first Succession Mafia game, the cult could either recruit or kill.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:33 am

Post by bvoigt »

xvart wrote:The irony, so-to-speak, of my post is that DGBs case on me is based on a timestamp. Honestly, I get the idea of picking from a pool and I agree with that as a jumping off point.

xvart wrote:
bvoigt, 205 wrote:Did you miss her post where she said that the timestamps weren't a reason for calling you scum?

No, I didn't miss it. But out of the four people she identified as potential scum picks, I was selected because I had posted less frequently than the others (i.e. the timestamp).

In that case, don't you think you were misrepping the case on you?

Herodotus wrote:
Herodotus wrote:@Albert: Do you have daytalk? Assuming things are symmetric between you and Kinetic, I may have a lead, but I'd rather not elaborate until you've answered.

I suppose kinetic can try answering too, but I'm not going to be overly trusting, obviously.

Are you saying you trust Albert more than Kinetic? If so, why?

Magister Ludi wrote:
Vote: Yosarian2

Vote is in a bad place. And his reasoning for it is bad on two fronts. One, if xvart is being run up to a lynch today, isn't that exactly the sort of player they would avoid? How come no one mentioned this. Sheeping vote with DGB is bad. Also, reading all pages in this thread is critical, your questions have already been asked and answered.

This is a terrible vote. By your logic, one should avoid lynching anyone who is in danger of being lynched. Also, what are you talking about when you mention "the fourth faction"?

UNVOTE: Cobblerfone
VOTE: xvart

While I don't want to get into too much WIFOM, ooba may have a point about Cobblerfone (which would also apply to Ludi). So I'll put my vote here for now.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Yos2 wrote:What I would like is for you to explain why you claimed so prematurely.

Because without knowledge of my frame of reference xvart's points against actually make sense. If I weren't me, I might've followed them.

Good scum play? Heck naw, I'll probably die tonight or tomorrow night whether I was town or scum. But at least I'll be able to use my power once or twice and assuming the cults can't recruit and kill on the same night I'll be doing just as good a favor to the town. I'm intrigued by DGB's plan so even if you think I'm town, I'd prefer the doctors to protect her. If xvart gets to L-1 or something and I can't find anyone scummy, I guess I'll switch back for the benefit of her plan.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Zdenek wrote:
Xvart wrote:
Seriously? You are going to argue semantics and syntax with me over this? They are the same thing in intent. The obvious point of my post was he was diminishing his level of play and/or being self deprecating to allude to/show how unlikely it was that he was recruited; and it was done at a time when he had very little if any support of actually being lynched. So now the real question is are you recruited and just using the classic scum tactic of arguing semantics to look like you are participating?

Xvart, I took your use of the word diminishing to mean that you thought he actually started playing worse as a result of it being suggested that he was recruited, as opposed to just being self-deprecating. I think the two things are quite different.

Xvart wrote:
Zdenek - why are you still voting Fritz? And can you explain the reasoning behind your original strong recruit target list? I think I see some logic behind it (however flawed it might be) but it seems inconsistent so I'll let you explain first.

I am voting Fritz because I think he was a reasonable choice to be recruited. He was also self-deprecating about his play. In an earlier post he told us that he walked a mile to get cell reception to make a post, but his most recent post was quite casual. I don't mean any of this to be damning, but it certainly doesn't give me a reason to think that he wasn't recruited, so my vote stays.

As far as my list goes:
I removed Bunnylover, bvoigt, Cecily, Cobblerfone,, Raudhr, Dry-Fit, Nobody Special and ThAdmiral because of newness or my experiences playing with them. I should note that I kept Ludi because I thought he was an alt.

I removed Katsuki because Ludi removed him for being too volatile.

I kept people with positions in the town that seemed like they might come with abilities that could be useful. I am aware that Mr. Flay said that their wasn't necessarily a relation between game role and town-position, so this was essentially an arbitrary way to reduce the list. I made a judgement call to remove the doctor at this point. That left me with

Fritz L. R. Hernandez, City Councilperson
Herodotus Greco, Corrupt Cop
Mr. Sam Ludi, Corrupt Cop
Charles "Chaz" Poro, Business Owner
Ms. Spring Lullaby, Banker
Anahito Xvart, Teamster

This was just a starting place for me. I did not intent it to be a list of the only people I would consider lynching.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Sorry about that previous empty quote, it doesn't mean I agree with everything (or even anything) that Zdenek said, but that I am having trouble posting from an iPhone.
Zdenek wrote:
Xvart wrote:

:roll: Sorry for not having to walk very far everytime I post and/or because I think I am not a very likely cult target early in the game. It isn't like I have ever won an award for the most Night 1 deaths.

Porochaz wrote:^ There should be more votes on this guy.

I think he is just an idiot, and not necessarily scum.
Surfs up dude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”