Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Battousai »

Zdenek- ... Why? Bank clerk and banker are very similar roles. What role do you think I would have as a bank clerk, that wouldn't be applied to a banker?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by xvart »

Zdenek, 300 wrote:Xvart, I took your use of the word diminishing to mean that you thought he actually started playing worse as a result of it being suggested that he was recruited, as opposed to just being self-deprecating. I think the two things are quite different.

Okay. I should have said "diminished self perception of his quality of play" or something like that.

Zdenek, 300 wrote:I am voting Fritz because I think he was a reasonable choice to be recruited. He was also self-deprecating about his play. In an earlier post he told us that he walked a mile to get cell reception to make a post, but his most recent post was quite casual. I don't mean any of this to be damning, but it certainly doesn't give me a reason to think that he wasn't recruited, so my vote stays.

As far as my list goes:
I removed Bunnylover, bvoigt, Cecily, Cobblerfone,, Raudhr, Dry-Fit, Nobody Special and ThAdmiral because of newness or my experiences playing with them. I should note that I kept Ludi because I thought he was an alt.

I removed Katsuki because Ludi removed him for being too volatile.

I kept people with positions in the town that seemed like they might come with abilities that could be useful. I am aware that Mr. Flay said that their wasn't necessarily a relation between game role and town-position, so this was essentially an arbitrary way to reduce the list. I made a judgement call to remove the doctor at this point. That left me with

Fritz L. R. Hernandez, City Councilperson
Herodotus Greco, Corrupt Cop
Mr. Sam Ludi, Corrupt Cop
Charles "Chaz" Poro, Business Owner
Ms. Spring Lullaby, Banker
Anahito Xvart, Teamster

Okay; that makes more sense. I saw your post about voting based on occupation and then saw similar occupations (corrupt cop) which fit that mold; but I couldn't figure out why you eliminated the other duplicate occupations, i.e. teamsters.

Battousai, 308 wrote:Xvart- Gets attention thrown on him, makes shitty case on Chrono that fails, shifts to Cobbler who was already looking suspicous with another bad point (the whole "other recruit"). ISO 5 has him trying to chake the confidence of anyone voting him (or anyone really) that the majority of the day will be town on town.

Is there any frame of reference where D1 will not be dominated by town on town violence? It's most like what, 21:2:2? With a lynch threshold of 13 and likely only two voting scum, the wagon at best would be almost 85% town. The whole point of my alleged "chaking" was the fact that everything I said is simply true, and I was referencing DGB who is town and pushing a marginally weak case on me (who is also town). Since I was in the middle of it I was starting to fully realize the town on town violence, since DGB wouldn't be so apparent and front and center as a recruit. The recruits are going to be the people in the back of the room trying to blend in without making waves. They are also going to be the people who are in the same category but misstep and then bumble along, backpedal, etc.

bvoigt, 321 wrote:In that case, don't you think you were misrepping the case on you?

Looking back, I suppose I did, although that wasn't my intent. The full scope of my quote was the fact that I wasn't feeling any pressure (hence the thousand suns and AHHHH comments) since I had two or three votes because there wasn't much to the reason she selected me over the others. I even recognized that I agreed with thought process of narrowing down a pool and working from there, but personally didn't feel like it was a good enough reason to vote someone; especially now, at this game state, when a later comment of hers somewhat undermines the whole process when she said that she hated people who had lives and didn't devote themselves to the game, or something like that.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: messed up the numbers and the number of votes. There are 27 in the game, but only 25 voting, and obviously Kinetic and ABR can't vote, so it should be
xvart wrote:Is there any frame of reference where D1 will not be dominated by town on town violence? It's most like what,
23:1:1
? With a lynch threshold of 13 and likely only two voting scum, the wagon at best would be
just over 83%
town. The whole point of my alleged "chaking" was the fact that everything I said is simply true, and I was referencing DGB who is town and pushing a marginally weak case on me (who is also town). Since I was in the middle of it I was starting to fully realize the town on town violence, since DGB wouldn't be so apparent and front and center as a recruit. The recruits are going to be the people in the back of the room trying to blend in without making waves. They are also going to be the people who are in the same category but misstep and then bumble along, backpedal, etc.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Porochaz wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
Porochaz wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
Porochaz wrote:
Yeah... its kind of like I don't suspect yos at all...

I don't like this response at all. He expresses suspicion of me because I used a way of excluding players that excludes myself, I comment that he didn't point out the fact that both Yosarian and DGB did the same thing by excluding high profile players, and rather than explaining himself, he responds sarcastically.

I don't like the fact that you think that I should be mentioning every single thing I notice, or don't notice. Regardless, I wasn't excluding anyone and both didn't not include high profile players coming to my best townie buddy yos defence here neither explicitly rules them out.

I don't like the fact that Porochaz said yos was his best townie buddy when he obviously doesn't think that.

I don't like the fact that you say "I don't like" a lot

Zdenek wrote:I don't like the fact Prozacs being a dick

Sorry I skipped ahead
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Tanarin »

OK, there has been one thing that has been on my mind, Cobblefone's mysterious claim. (For reference post #237.) I see no reason why a townie at all would claim the one trump card we really have right off the bat for no reason at all. That same post also comes put as if he is fishing for more info on another person's role (xvart's role in this case.) Now there is a chance he is indeed assuming xvart is the same role wise as cobble, but judging from his reaction, I am not getting that at all.

Going back to the mysterious unrecruitable claim, what reasons would a town under very little pressure at all WANT to claim he is unrecruitable? If anything wouldn't he want to play really, really town and try to draw possibly both recruit attempts N1? Something really just does not add up in my mind if he is town.

Vote cobblefone
Cecily
Cecily
Goon
Cecily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Cecily »

I'm not comfortable with the Cobb claim this early in the game but I think I'd like to rule it as a stupid idea, rather than a scum fakeclaim.

My vote on xvart is pretty much a crapshoot because of what everyone else is saying of his play style and his ability and all that. I don't know enough about him or anyone else to be able to come up with those reasons on my own.

And DGB, I'd really like to hear about this master plan. In experience, trusting people when they say they have a "grand plan" doesn't really work out very well...
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Cecily wrote:I'm not comfortable with the Cobb claim this early in the game but I think I'd like to rule it as a stupid idea, rather than a scum fakeclaim.

My vote on xvart is pretty much a crapshoot because of what everyone else is saying of his play style and his ability and all that. I don't know enough about him or anyone else to be able to come up with those reasons on my own.

And DGB, I'd really like to hear about this master plan. In experience, trusting people when they say they have a "grand plan" doesn't really work out very well...

Yeah, that is my big hurdle as well. I don't know too much about any of the players, and the ones i have played with were a long time ago, so their meta is bound to have changed. Yes I agree cobb may have made a stupid mistake. It just does not seem like anything a townie would do though, and from the opposing scum's end it is definitely "Verifiable".
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I don't like the fact that the xvart wagon has taken off and has impacted on actual scumhunting, there are too many players here, players that *should* know better just relying on what is essentially a load of WIFOM and luck.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by springlullaby »

On Cobbler.

@Cobbler
why did you claim?

@Yos
why do you think cobbler's play is good scum play, yet not voting him?

I think Cobbler is more scum than town at this moment, his claim does not make any sense as town, and I don't think anyone town, especially a newbie would claim that fast under very little pressure.

He is my default lynch today. I'm not in a hurry to remove my vote on Magister at this point though.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Tanarin wrote:Going back to the mysterious unrecruitable claim...

Vote cobblefone

Erm, you're forgetting the lure of fakeclaiming.

Dayvig: Tanarin
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by springlullaby »

On the off chance that was a real dayvigging (man I envy that role), DGB, why would you kill Tanarin, and not Cobbler?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Seriously? The hooker was a trap?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Eh whatever, so much of this game is luck. Alright before I go to sleep, let me say that I seriously think that Kinetic recruited Yosarian first. Please go after Yosarian. Kinetic, I'm glad you're back playing mafia and we're going to play at least another game together so I can properly defeat you. G'nite.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by springlullaby »

BTW DGB, the way Tanarin formulated his last post gave me pause too, but I think that what he meant was that scum would want to claim unrecruitable to get themselves investigated if they were investigation-proof. That's how I understood the quotes around "verifiable".
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:13 pm

"One lucky vig, does not a great player make."
-Albert B. Rampage
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by springlullaby »

What, ABR, are you saying that Tanarin was your recruit?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Chrono "The probable pick range (In no particular order):

xvart..."

DGB "The recruits:

xvart
...."

zdenek "Here was my list of most likely recruits:

Anahito Xvart, Teamster"

ooba "xvart\Hero are good picks.
Vote: xvart"

Yos2 "
Anyway, I agree with DGB about xvart. When I was thinking about skilled players who are not high profile, who can still blend in and be relatively unnoticed, the two that came to my mind offhand were xvart and Battousai. So, that seems like a good place to start. Vote:xvart"

sera "Vote: xvart

I find myself in complete agreement with this wagon."

there are more.

-----

You can see, Yos, people are running up xvart to a lynch expressely BECAUSE he if 'hard to lynch' 'a good player' 'not lynched day one'. It is not over the actions he has taken in this game, (or if people think that, the reasons are very weak and not substantiated), but over the fact that he is an ideal lynch for day one because he is NOT (in the views of many) likely to be lynched day one.

Cult Recruiters are people too. They would reason this out. I have yet to see someone in this thread CLAIM they would have recruited xvart, instead the words are something like 'other people would recruit him because he is so good' so he should be lynched off.

As for sheeping with a vote, I see no reason to. You aren't going to get buddy reactions, there are none. You didn't attempt to generate discussion from what I could see. It would almost be better if we all talked, all with whatever orginal thoughts popped into our heads, and then lynched someone off.

"Why is everyone so determined to protect the cult recruiters from answering questions here?"

I asked this already and they answered about page 4-5. They had some other interactions back there, so it is critical you read that as well as whatever else you may of missed.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Cobble claim of unrecruitable doesn't make me froth at mouth to lynch him.

'springlullaby, Bunnylover, Battousai' These votes are based off me being a 'probable recruit'. What in your mind makes you think that?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:22 pm

springlullaby wrote:What, ABR, are you saying that Tanarin was your recruit?

No, he's pretending that he's never, ever heard of fake dayvigs. They're all real.

DON'T LISTEN TO THE CONFIRMED SCUM

How many times am I going to have to tell you?????????

*slap springlullaby*
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I also want people to comment on what people would have happend should ABR and Kinetic both picked the same person N1. Would one faction auto-lose?

If they simply repick, it would be fine. Is this most likely course of action?

What if they got two picks? Does anyone think this possible?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Ludi, does this matter, or is this active lurking?

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Yes it matters. I see no reason possible you would want to withold any information at all.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Why would it matter? You can't ask the mod?

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

So you have no thought one way or the other?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:41 pm

No, because I really don't care. I don't care to discuss the unknowable.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”