DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #168 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:49 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Standard check-in post, glad to be playing with everyone, yada yada yada. *waves at Quil and Emp* Sorry to see my predecessor had to replace out for those reasons...am originally from Kansas, so I get how much those tornado storms suck. :(

In case Juls had a vote out,
unvote
. It shouldn't take me too long to catch up, and I'll probably have content later today.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #180 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Okay, content coming. Will try to be as brief and concise as possible. For tl:dr folks, there is a scumlist and a vote at the end.

Neuky’s #32: I find this vote interesting given that Neuky is later defending Quil.

Looker’s #43: If anyone can see scumminess in Empking before, say, page 10 or so, they deserve a medal. I’m interested in seeing how this turns out….turns out it goes nowhere. Alas.

Pappum’s #54: Why didn’t you say this when you voted Sloth?

I actually like my predecessor’s #56. A lot.

I also find myself agreeing with Pappum’s #73 re: Neuky. I’m thinking Pappum is probtown.

Neuky’s #79: Already resorting to WIFOM to explain yourself? Herp derp.

Faraday—why is Quil scum? He’s screaming “easy lynch” to me atm.

Charter’s #124: Why do you have a problem with Vi’s hiplop vote? Reading through, I thought the Quil wagon was pretty obviously built on a foundation of Faraday being Faraday. Softly threatening to hammer a wagon like that is scummy. Vi’s vote seems justified.

Sloth’s #133 Quil vote = reaching.

Quil’s #134 Sloth vote = OMGUS. Can’t tell which vote was worse. Both are terribad.

Rofflcopters at Quil turning Faraday into a lady.

Faraday’s #143: Why is charter town? I actually think he’s probscum.

Scott is pretty clearly active lurking. @Emp: why the FoS and not a vote of Scott?

Hiplop, what other game is this with Quil that you confused this one with? Also, your Quil vote in #175 is terrible—who makes an L-1 vote for “pressure” reasons? A player at L-2 on D1 is presumably already being quite pressured.

Current scumlist, in no particular order:
Hiplop—Quil vote is terribad, hasn’t defend himself well either.
Charter—aside from his #151, has actually contributed relatively little and made a couple questionable comments. Getting a little bit of a bad vibe from him.
Scott—active lurking ZOMG
Neuky—partly gut based on how he was explaining earlier actions; am thinking his flip may inform us as to Quil’s alignment as well.

Vote: Hiplop.
Everyone else I currently have on null or town reads.

Can someone explain to me in, like, a paragraph, why Quil is at L-1?

Will also be V/LA tomorrow, but should be back in action sometime Monday.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #186 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

charter wrote:How do you have nothing else to say about Looker than what you said?

Because Looker hadn't posted since and I assumed they had flaked and/or would be replaced?

charter wrote:How did hiplop softly threaten a hammer? He was clearly making sure he wasn't going to be in danger of hammering. How did you get he intended to hammer from what he said?

That post screamed "I'm teeing up a hammer but don't want it to look as scummy."

Faraday wrote:'Faraday being Faraday' what does this mean?

Sorry, I thought I deleted that from my notes. *sheepish* Just from what I hear of you, that you have a tendency for a bit of silliness. Haven't meta-ed you enough yet, I was just saying that it wasn't something I was inclined to read into.

Faraday wrote:Quilford doesn't look an easy lynch at all, not sure what you're talking about. I've typed out my reason for voting him a couple of times but keep deleting it now, as it doesn't sound as good as it does in my head. If anyone's an 'easy target' it's hiplop hear, as he's a weak player who's new to MS.

Quil is relatively new to MS too, and the way he's reacted to some of the pressure on him (ie, the Sloth vote) makes me think he might be an easy lynch.

Would love to hear your reason when you're done tinkering with it, though.

PEdit: Thanks. I'll take a look at his ISO.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #309 (isolation #3) » Mon May 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

I'm back. *waves at Zdenek*

charter wrote:Explain to me how you came up with that, because I came up with the opposite.

It's basically asking for permission to hammer. A quickhammer would draw undue ire, but by casting suspicion and a desire to vote, it tees up a hammer more effectively.

charter wrote:What questionable comments have I made? What was questionable about them?

Criticizing Vi's hiplop vote was a biggie (not just for the reasoning behind it, but for not even giving the reasoning behind it initially). A couple others, just from a quick glance at your ISO:

#3: Saying that nobody looks like scum to you, but listing three players who deserve pressure.

#10: Asking one player to play psychic with another player is both fruitless and a nice way to appear like you're doing something.

BTW, the way you've been explaining your actions vis-a-vis Quil isn't changing my scumread on you in the slightest.

Onward...

The way Quil claimed screams panicked town to me. I'm willing to believe he's town for the moment.

Faraday's #241: Why is TS scum? Also, could I get a quick suspect list from you, in any particular order of scumminess? Especially in light of your changed read on Quil?

Charter's #249: Last town game I completed, scum said pretty much exactly this.

Liking Vi's #252.

Zdenek's entry in #271 looks townish.

Pappum's #273: Why scumread on TS? Why townread on Faraday?

Faraday's #279: Still not seeing the charter towniness--what are you seeing that I'm apparently not?

Vi's #285: Why don't you feel the need to formalize your accusations of Emp?

Hiplop's #297: WHY on G-d's green earth do you not feel ready to move your vote from Quil yet? Rly? Also, if Emp were to flip scum, I'm coming for you big time.

Hiplop's #299: Okay, so if adding pressure was a side benefit to your vote, why was it the only reason you cited when you put Quil at L-1?

Twistedspoon's #300: Can you elaborate on hiplop's scum meta at all? A game link would be nice if possible.

Faraday's #302: How so? And why is hiplop town?

Hiplop's 297 and 299 are reconfirming my suspicions of him. Vote stays.

FoS: Charter.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #351 (isolation #4) » Tue May 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Hiplop: Why would being on your phone keep you from saying whether or not you still suspecting Quil? It isn’t the brevity that I’m wary of you for—it’s your clinging to the Quil wagon.

@Faraday: How is Charter’s stance on Quil not scummy? If it is a meta game, are there particular games to take a look at?

@Charter: Why are you leaning to me = scum? Also, why unvote without revoting?

Sloth’s #336 is a good catch.

@TS: Why are you waiting to join the Lynch Hiplop party until Scott shows up?

Hiplop and Charter are still my top two suspects. Feel like Pappums and especially Scott are active lurking. Me no likey.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #393 (isolation #5) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

hiplop wrote:i didnt want to check back on the thread on my phone.. thats what i meant. I think quil is scum, the only other wagon is on me.. hence me staying on quil. I suppose i could switch to empking, but i think quils more likely scum

So you stayed on Quil's wagon because it was the only viable one, or because he's the scummiest? Which is it? BTW, that you apparently were keeping your vote there out of self-preservation still days prior to the deadline reeks of scum, and the contradiction is just an added bonus.

I thought Juls's one real post was pretty suspect. Lots of questions worded so as to draw out a suspicious response. They looked like they were asked so she could later say "aha!" rather than discern anyone's alignment. I thought this was scummy of her, but was waiting until I saw if that's what she did or what.
Don't like your comment on Looker's post, not anything close to what I was thinking about it.
Don't like how you said you think Neuky's flip would help us figure out Quil's alignment, especially since you didn't say 'if Neuky flips xxxx, I think that says xxxx about Quil'. Nothing to back that up. Not much of anything to back up your Neuky read.
Don't like your stance on me, though that doesn't mean much.
Don't think you're scumhunting.

1. Not going to try to explain the thought processes of my predecessor. I think if you were waiting on a scummy action from her and it never came, and you're weighing that on me, that's pretty lame.

2. I still don't get this one. Especially since Looker flaked.

3. Zdenek asked me about this as well, so I'll clarify now--it was Neuky's "random" vote of Quil, combined with him defending Quil to varying degrees in ISO posts 4, 8, and 10 that raised my eyebrows. If we were to have lynched Quil and he flipped scum, that would have solidified my scumread on Neuky.

4. Why?

@Zdenek: Neuky has slid off my scumdar for the most part. Haven't moved him to my list of town reads, he's just reading pretty null atm, compared to when I entered and saw him as null-maybe-scum. Also, why are you willing to follow Faraday's lead on Charter? Do you have reasons for your apparent townread on Charter independent of Faraday's input, and if so, what are they?

@Quilford: Updated suspect list from you, please. (Derp, TownPappum just asked for this. Let's hear from you more often, TownPappum.)

@Neuky: Same question.

@Vi: What's your current read on Scott?

Happy Scumday, Emp.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #394 (isolation #6) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

That second quote block in my post is from charter. The bolded numbers were added by me. Herp a derp quote tag fail. Sorry, y'all.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #420 (isolation #7) » Thu May 05, 2011 10:03 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Vi wrote:I'm undecided. His posts are bad, but they're blatant enough about it that I know I wouldn't do that as scum at least. Then again, I'm not a lot of people I know - Untrod Tripod-scum badposted his way through my most recent game, for instance. Pushing things scum-side is that his sig says that he's played over 20 games (most of them as Town), so it's not like he has no idea what he's doing.

I feel like there's something missing but I'm ADDing right now so etc.

Truthfully right now I'd rather lynch Empking and let Scott come out in the wash.

The reason I ask is because I wonder about the benefit to be gained of asking scummy-ish looking players for town reads. If Scott doesn't have suspects, then he's probably either scum and won't be NKed (unless we have a vig/SK in the setup) or won't be NKed anyways if he's town because he isn't showing much interest in scumhunting. I'm not sure why you think he'll come out in the wash, then, and asking him to give out potentially unfounded towncred sounds like a dicey proposition.

Hiplop wrote:people can have more than one thought, you know that right? Its for both. Hes the scummiest to me, and at that time he was the only other wagon besides myself.

Let me rephrase. It sounds like the fact that he was the only other wagon was way more important to you, ergo, you were interested more in self-preservation, which to me says you are probscum.

BTW, I don't think that's reaching at all, Emp.

I'll have more later--I need time to read up on the next page, and I done goofed my schedule for the afternoon.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #423 (isolation #8) » Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Emp: I think if you read my original question, it is clear I was asking Hiplop to prioritize two very different motives for voting Quil.

@Zdenek: What about Charter's accusations of me seem reasonable, as there are several, and why?

@Hiplop: So what exactly have you done to act on any further explanation from Emp? Your vote is still on Quil. Also, if you had a scumread on Emp, then it sounds like the only difference between him and Quil was the wagon...thus you were indeed interested more in self-preservation.

Still liking a hiplop lynch the most, but will vote Emp or Quil (in that order of preference) at the deadline.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #458 (isolation #9) » Sun May 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Vote: TwistedSpoon.

What Faraday said.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaa.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #460 (isolation #10) » Sun May 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Sure is nice of you to not say what that "major problem" is so that I can, you know, respond to it.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #465 (isolation #11) » Mon May 09, 2011 3:10 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Sloth wrote:Isn't it pretty obvious, friend?

I'm pretty dumb. Enlighten me.

ScumSpoon's #462 is awful. Let's lynch him.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #490 (isolation #12) » Mon May 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

charter wrote:TS's jumping on Faraday's "guilty" on Hiplop gives TS loads of scumpoints. That's where my vote would be going, but if TS gets to L-1, his buddies will quicklynch him.

If this is true, then why don't you vote for him so that we can find out who his buddies are?

Sloth wrote:DarthYoshi's sheep vote is much much worse than Vi's or Faraday's because I honestly don't think he knows why he's voting for Twisted or why Twisted is confirmed scum.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this because I'm a dullard and whatnot, but are you really saying here that you don't like my vote because I'm a less skilled player than either Vi or Faraday? I mean, guilty as charged, but come up with a real reason, dude.

@Scott: Why is Quil a scumread for you again?

TS's #471 = scummalicious. Don't think I need to say why, unless Sloth needs confirmation that I am capable of independent, lucid thought. I also actually think that this means a scumTS flip might exonerate Hiplop, as I doubt scumTS would bus a buddy in those circumstances when he is almost certainly going to be lynched himself at some point anyways.

Sloth's overreaction in #487 is both unnecessary and ridiculous. My gut no likey, but he hasn't been that scummy otherwise.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #516 (isolation #13) » Tue May 10, 2011 10:17 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Sloth wrote:And, that's not what I'm saying, DY. It's more of a gut thing and kind of hard to put into words, but your vote just felt less genuine. Maybe it was the "baaaaa."

The "baaaa" was a pre-emptive recognition on my part that I am basically sheeping Faraday's stated reasons for voting TS.

charter wrote:I can see the merit of this, but I think it will be more beneficial in the long run to not put him at L-1 so quickly into the day.

So you'd rather keep talking than catch (presumably) 2/3's of the scumteam in one go in your scenario?

Q, why don't you want a hammer yet?

Scott wrote:@DY- Quil claimed VT. I'm fine lynching all VT claims. He has posted quite less since being in danger of being lynched which I find suspect.
The latest unvote to do his best to look townie also doesn't sit well with me.

The bolded part I can see. Lynching all VT claims, especially on D1...not so much.

@Zdenek: Please tell me how you can possibly see TS's reaction to the fake guilty as null.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #528 (isolation #14) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:09 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Hiplop: Re-read TS's initial post after Emp was hammered by Pappums. Everything about it screams that he knew Emp was going to flip town, and he was distancing himself from it.

^Sloth's above post (#526) pretty much confirms him as scum if TS also flips scum. Sloth's #443 actually is the first to point out said scumminess, but now, Sloth is relatively unconvinced that TS is scum after all. Additionally, while yes, Sloth's suspicion of Charter in D1 is well-documented, his voting pattern went: Charter-Hiplop-Emp. What happened to Hiplop suspicions? Can't keep your story straight, Sloth?

Let's lynch TS. If he flips scum, I demand a Sloth lynch tomorrow. (If this hypothesis is correct, Charter becomes probtown, but whatever.)
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #572 (isolation #15) » Sat May 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Faraday: 9:3:1, not 8:3:1, right?

Am of two minds here. First, like I said on D2, a TS scumflip pretty much confirms Sloth as scum to me.

But...I'm just going to say it--I'm stunned that Vi has been left alive this long. There are *very* few players whom I would consider remaining alive past N2 to be any sort of a scumtell; however, Vi is one of those players, especially in light of the fact that one of the anti-town factions chose to take out Scott, who was, to be blunt, often dead weight. I realize reading into NKs is, at best, an art, but I can't think of a single reason why Vi would be alive at this point if she's town, especially with how she pushed TS on D2.

Sloth can wait. Let's see what happens....

Vote: Vi.

BTW, FWIW, charter opened D2 with saying that he "re-read" me and found me to be less scummy. That might be as close to a breadcrumb as we're going to get.

PEdit: Looks like I'm not the only one wondering why Vi isn't dead yet. And if there are two anti-town killing factions left, then I think massclaiming is probably not a bad idea.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #573 (isolation #16) » Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Actually,

Unvote
pending discussion re: a massclaim. We should decide on that first, I guess.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #580 (isolation #17) » Sat May 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Faraday--if I were scum, WHY would I be so quick to point it out? I'd trust others to find it first before I'd point to it with my very first post.

Also, if you re-read Charter's ISO, it is pretty quick. He actually didn't say a ton on D2.

Vi--I actually disagree re: massclaim and town PRs. With two kill factions (presumably) plus a vig, there's gotta be 1-2 protective/RB roles in the setup methinks.

Actually...I thought about the way Charter and Scott died...
Neruz, is the kill flavor purely for entertainment purposes?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #583 (isolation #18) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Vi wrote:There's a point and you're missing it.

I'm pretty dumb. What point am I missing?

PEdit: Fine. I'm VT.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #589 (isolation #19) » Sat May 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Vi: Not really. With a typical scumteam of 1 PR, 2 goons, there's a 33% chance of tracking ScumMe as the inactive goon that night. But given how the flips have gone, the chances of having an inactive scum/anti-town player at night are *relatively* slim.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #612 (isolation #20) » Sun May 15, 2011 2:03 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

I still am down with a massclaim, especially if we are expecting another two-flip tonight.

Sloth's #608 is terrible--no reasoning whatsoever. First, why is it that either Vi/Faraday are scum? Second, why is it that both are scum? Third, why are you saying both statements when they are clearly mutually exclusive? Fourth, why are you saying I'm probscum when, if we're going on what Charter said, I'm the closest thing to confirmed town that we've got? Fifth, no explanations at all for your D2 actions aside from "it looks bad?" No offering of motives? THAT looks bad.

Okay...I'll be honest, part of the reason I pressed on Vi as hard as I did out of the gate was simply to see her reaction, because I was WIFOMing myself into thinking she was probscum for being alive so long. I do have some issues with her #607, which are noted below, but by and large, it is actually a town-looking reaction, IMO.

Vi wrote: Assuming that Neuky was a shot intended to hit scum - which pap-rat thought was a good idea, I suppose - the only person who expressed suspicion of Neuky was DarthYoshi.
The mod said that fitz was shot at least once, which leads me to believe that someone else killed fitz as well.
If Neuky was shot because he looked Town, then there's nothing to see - pretty much everyone thought that. Asking about fitz' reads is probably pointless unless someone cares to step up with incriminating meta about fitz owning them in another game.

Emphasis mine. Neruz said that kill flavor has no bearing on what actually happened. I was wondering the exact same thing--that's why I asked.

FWIW, my suspicion of Neuky was relatively minor, and I walked it back later on in D1. At the end of D1, I noted Neuky as null-reading to me. Compared to pap-rat, who I imagine was killed because everyone thought he was town.

Vi wrote:*Scott B. - Was pretty obviously a shot intended to hit scum. Nobody really DIDN'T expect Scott B. to be scum though, but Quilford and Zdenek were the only people to say it. Scott didn't have any suspicions outside Quilford.

Okay, here is where I'm losing you. I realize cross-killing is a good scum tactic in a two maf/maf-SK setup, but you're saying it is obvious--cool, but BOTH N1 targets were not on "scummy" targets, by your own analysis.

Vi wrote:*charter - Was against Sloth and Quilford. If he was killed for being Town, that implicates Zdenek and DarthYoshi.

How does it (a) implicate me when Charter says he doesn't find me scummy on D2 and I basically say I'd clear him on the basis of a scumTS flip? and (b) NOT implicate Sloth?

The analysis of Z being a potential TS partner is quite compelling. I will also say that I feel like I have a relatively decent idea of what Z's scumgame looks like, and in my experience, Z does not bus unless he absolutely has to.
FoS: Zdenek.

And FWIW, I wasn't just calling for your lynch on policy grounds. I legitimately had no idea why you were left alive after how you interacting with TS on D2.

All of that being said, Vi's post is easily the most pro-town contribution so far today.

Ready again to lynch Sloth.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #653 (isolation #21) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Sloth wrote:DY + Vi, why are you not voting me?

I wanted to wait to see if we would massclaim first. I didn't want voting to get in the way of that. I need to think about this; I'm unfortunately in the same position as Vi where I can't find any solid townreads. I *thought* Z might be town, but his interactions w/ TS have really made me reconsider. Once I decide what to think about his claim, that will likely determine whether not I'm voting for you or him.

Hiplop wrote:question: Why does everyone think there are 3 killing roles? each night only 2 people have died

it is odd that both faraday and vi are alive, idk if its a scumtell though

Sloth seems townish to me, he could be SK though, he has been seperating himself from others

zdenek was one whoi thought was scum, but him just recently claiming Vig kind of destroys my suspicions on him

Quilford i dont really have a thought on :\ has been lurking and stuff, but seems town since the wagon on him ceased.

through process of elimination Darth Yoshi seems to be the most likely scum candidate i guess :\

Are you deliberately playing dumb?

BTW, why am I more likely to be scum than Quil, if you have no thoughts on Quil?

Why is Z cleared for you? Has anyone even been in a mini normal lately where backups were used?

And why the heck is Sloth reading town to you?

@Vi: How does Z win today by basically claiming SK? Or, how does it stop him from being lynched? Because we'd follow Faraday's scenario and gamble that scum would crosskill Z?

Hiplop wrote:And anyways, i suppose the scum team is darth yoshi and someone, not really sure who. my guesses would be either Vi/far or zdenek :\

So...the scumteam could be me and ANYONE other than a player who you apparently have no opinion on, and another for whom you are the ONLY player right now reading them as town?

Am I missing anything?

@Faraday: the "Faraday being Faraday" shit seriously is only from your reputation for doing things like posting on alts and posting stream-of-consciousness style. No one person told me that, it was from seeing the debate on your site title, your meta, that sort of thing. Seriously, why does it matter?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #657 (isolation #22) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

hiplop wrote:Thanks for insulting me? I dont have the same thought process as you, im still new to mafia, no need to be a jerk :s

Quilford i dont really have a thought on :\ has been lurking and stuff, but seems town since the wagon on him ceased.

to answer your question DY. Hes not on my scum list, but hes not a clear town to me

And i meant either Vi or Faraday, i highly doubt both are scum. This is my first normal game, i wasnt aware backup roles are considered non-normal, that adds to my suspicion on him tbh List is probably like this now

Wasn't trying to insult you. I've seen players deliberately play dumb to try to gain an advantage; I've done it myself. I wanted to see how you'd react.

So...Quil is null to you? How 'bout Sloth? I get what you're saying about Faraday and Vi now.

Faraday, why should you be on Hiplop's townlist? :P
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #676 (isolation #23) » Mon May 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Faraday wrote:tracker and vig versus 3 scum and serial killer? yeah, no.

Yeah, this is right...especially since TS flipped Goon, a two-person scumteam + SK would mean both scum would likely be PRs.

But, Faraday, a me/Vi scumteam? C'mon. Do you really think a scripted bus would look like my vote-unvote on Vi to start the day? You were actually saying Charter's crumb, if it was a crumb, was more apt to clear me.

@Sloth: Lemme know when you decide to stop tunneling on me and be useful. Has nobody noticed that he has given zero reasons for why I should be lynched?

Honestly, if this isn't LyLo (which should be the case if Z is who he says he is), then I am fine with being lynched today on the guarantee that after I flip town, y'all will lynch Sloth tomorrow. I am that confident he will flip scum.

@Vi: No, Z and Sloth aren't the only two on the table; at the time of the post, they were my top two suspects, hence why I was deliberating between voting either of them, and your analysis on Z was strong enough that I was open to voting him and waiting on lynching Sloth.

...that said...tbh, I think lynching Sloth will also be informative as to YOUR alignment, Vi. You've repeatedly expressed suspicion of Sloth today but have declined to vote for him, even after unvoting Z.

Vote: Sloth.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #681 (isolation #24) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:37 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Quil has a gun?! He must scumz!! Lolololz

Q, srsly, nothing at all you want to comment on that's happened D3? Let's start with a suspect list from you and what you think about Vi's reactions to Z's vig claim. Go.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #689 (isolation #25) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Vi: During D3, you've been explicitly suspecting Sloth for several RL days now. You've been sleep deprived for all of them....?

Mod-- Confirm vote: Sloth.

*Innocent Whistling*
Last edited by Neruz on Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #690 (isolation #26) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Hiplop:

Suspect list, scummiest to towniest:

Sloth
|
Vi/Faraday
|
You/Quil
|
Zdenek (only on strength of his PR claim; play itself has been scummy-ish)
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #691 (isolation #27) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Unfortunately, I don't really have any strong townreads, which is a rarity for me. :(
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #702 (isolation #28) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:58 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Vi wrote:2) I've "explicitly suspected" everyone else in the game. Sloth hit the top of my scumlist at the time I made it, but that doesn't mean anything special. In fact,
3) I mentioned earlier that I wasn't voting Sloth because I wanted to see if you/Z were going to jump on him after what happened D2. And while you didn't vote Sloth immediately,
4) trying to push me onto the Sloth wagon
is about the kind of incriminating response I was looking fo
r. It's even better because
5) I really don't think you could dodge my earlier question about the possibility of voting someone else much more. I mean this most recent post was etc.

Point blank, Vi, is Sloth still your top suspect? If yes, how come you didn't vote for him (especially since you had no similar compunctions about quickly voting Z)?

Bolded emphasis mine. Confirmation bias is confirmation bias. But the "I wanted to see..." excuse is weak; if you really thought I was scum (which the bolded phrase heavily implies), you'd have voted Sloth because a townie voting Sloth would have given scum more cover to hop on and try to get the easy lynch.

BTW, I sorta figured answering Hiplop's question for a suspect list would give you some idea of my willingness to vote someone else. Whatevs.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #707 (isolation #29) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Z, what's your current read on Sloth?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #715 (isolation #30) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Faraday's vote is quite interesting. No reasons for it, and he was hypothesizing a me/Vi scumteam earlier today...but instead of wagoning up Vi, who he presumably thinks is scum, he starts a third wagon on me.

Going to call it right now--if Sloth is somehow town, the remaining scumteam is Vi/Faraday.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #716 (isolation #31) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Derp, that's right, Sloth voted for me (hey, in my defense, the mod forgot about it too :P)

Faraday, why exactly are you voting for me and not Vi?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #717 (isolation #32) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

The case on Sloth basically boils down to two points, but they're pretty damning:

-The TS association (Sloth calls him out in twilight of D1 but instead votes TownCharter on D2 and doesn't even try to lynch TS)
-The way Sloth has tried to fly under the radar D2 and D3, offering minimal amounts of content.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #728 (isolation #33) » Thu May 19, 2011 5:35 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Vi wrote:To contrast, he had the chance to vote the spoon way back at the beginning of the Day and didn't even mention him until coerced to do so.

^This. This. This.

Faraday's 726 and 727, wtf?

Also, posting this in all my games:

V/LA except for modding commitments untiil Monday, the 23rd.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #768 (isolation #34) » Sun May 22, 2011 1:58 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Retracting my V/LA. Had time to post this morning that I didn't think I'd have. Will be back in action like regular tomorrow.

*waves at Setael* All we need is neko and we'd be on our way to a Mini 1121 reunion. ;-)

Anyways...Setael, you say it in several places in your epic post o' content, but you say it different ways--in 1-2 sentences, why is Sloth town? Or, why is Sloth town even if Hiplop is scum?

That being said...Set's entry looks like her town mentality to me. And since I was so sure on D1 that Hiplop was scum, and will be kicking myself if I let myself be talked into thinking a VI couldn't be scum, I'll sheep her for the moment. Don't like her Sloth read, but if Hiplop is scum, then that's a bridge we can cross tomorrow.

Unvote. Vote: Hiplop.
This will also have the side benefit of allowing me to finally conclude for sure if Faraday is town or not.

Also, Setael: is your list of townreads in any particular order? And, why is Faraday town? I get Z's reasons but want to hear your's.

To those saying you should lynch me: please say why. Sloth isn't really saying why. Faraday isn't really saying why, past a D1 gut scumread (that magically didn't get articulated until D3). If you really are going to keep wagoning me today, I think I at least deserve to know why.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #775 (isolation #35) » Sun May 22, 2011 2:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Faraday wrote:i'm not saying why

magically didn't get articulated.

fucking pick one, those don't go together.

Did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? Of course they do. You can articulate a scumread and not say why by saying "I think DY is scum, I guess we should lynch him." (Aka what you and Sloth have been saying all day.)

If Hiplop is scum, you're almost certainly town, because you'd be bussing both your buddies simultaneously on D2 w/ the TS vote and the fake cop gambit. In my experience, scum more often just bus each other one at a time.

If Hiplop is town, eh, it's a little muddier. I was thinking that Hiplop was scum when I said that. Whatevs.

PEdit: Dude, do you not get how you are saying above why we should lynch Hiplop? He's probscum and a scumflip from him will likely clear me for you. Get yer head back in the game. If you're town, Faraday, you've been spending all of D3 second-guessing yourself. C'mon.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #776 (isolation #36) » Sun May 22, 2011 2:25 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

And a hiplop scumflip would clear you for me. Lynch scum and have it be informative? Profit.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #796 (isolation #37) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:32 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Setael: I'm from Kansas, we don't have no stinkin' accents. :P Also, wtf is it with people falling for Irish and British accents? ^@#$%&@#$!!

What I am thinking...we lynch Hiplop today. If he's scum, that clears Faraday in my book. Z is practically cleared. If Hiplop flips goon, that should clear me as well. I'm pretty sure Setael is town, this kind of aggressiveness from her is TownSet through-and-through, and I still maintain Q's reaction to his D1 wagon oozed town. We can find the last scum pretty easily through POE.

Faraday, get some un-pissed on cornflakes in that gut and see if it changes its mind about hiplop. ;)
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #798 (isolation #38) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:40 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

How does hiplop's last post read town?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #821 (isolation #39) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Town probably has this in the bag. For all practical purposes, Faraday and I are both cleared, and if Setael is scum, then I'll eat my hat. We have presumably just one scum left, and a mislynch available.

Let's lynch either Sloth or Vi. If one flips town, we'll lynch the other tomorrow. Good game.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #829 (isolation #40) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:10 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Setael, can you explain more your thought process in the Sloth/Vi/WIFOM stuff? It looks like we're lynching Vi--can't really expect Sloth to vote himself--but I want to hear what your decision-making process was before I hammer Vi.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #832 (isolation #41) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:50 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Well, alright, then.

Vote: Vi.

I am aware this is the hammer.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #835 (isolation #42) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17590

I'll take that as an answer, Vi. GG.

And FWIW, I replaced in almost solely to get to play a game with you. I rarely do themes, and from what I know about you, you rarely do normals, so I was looking forward to it. Glad we caught you, but sad you were scum and not town. :(
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #847 (isolation #43) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Faraday wrote:<3 Setael.

Nice to be both town this time

^ This. I like it a lot more when Setael is on my side, too. :)

@Pap-Rat--both Vi and Faraday are right, IMO. Your in-game play was quite good--I wanted to hear from you more. But the vig shot...huh?

Vi wrote:That, and I went /in so I could play with Juls :/

Sorry you were left with me instead. :P

I will say this isn't the first time I've benefited as town from having a replacement come in and crack the game open. Mastin did it my very first game on site--he replaced in towards the end of D1 and basically called the scumteam. But I've also seen replacements come in and inadvertently totally lead the town in the wrong direction when their predecessors were actually more on the ball. And I do know what you mean--in Chesskid's Fishslappers mafia, Vox, bvoigt, and I were continually scrambling because VIs were replacing out and getting replaced with players like Hito, GreyICE, and Llmarble. Not fun, and we got our asses kicked.

But in the end, I like to think that it kind of evens itself out.

@Faraday: No worries. I realize not everyone is buying what I'm selling. :)
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #851 (isolation #44) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Faraday wrote:gg even if Vi is annoyed at the replacement thing :p

would play with
all
most of you again.

thanks mod. no complaints here about anything, nice set-up. (assuming Vi was
blocker or
rolecop?)

Agreed, with the strike. I'm realizing that I'm developing a finely tuned dislike for maf RBs. They might be one of the most overrated PRs in the game. Rolecop would be pretty cool, especially with Z's role in the setup.

And yeah, good job modding, Neruz. Thanks. Would play with any of y'all again. Would play a Neruz-modded game again.

Scum QT?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #861 (isolation #45) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Too bad for Zdenek that Pap-Rat died instead of Faraday, then, I guess? :P
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #865 (isolation #46) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

FWIW, I thought the echo role was a neat concept--kind of a universal backup with a twist.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #871 (isolation #47) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:00 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The funny thing is, I just did a Mini w/ Quilford not too long ago where he replaced in at the end of D1, and caught 2/3's of the scumteam with his initial posts. Those two scum were then lynched D2 and D3.

Irony ftw.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #878 (isolation #48) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

FTR, TS's slip is why I am adamantly against posting during twilight, regardless of alignment, unless you have a damn good reason to do so. Way too much can go wrong as town or as scum.

Faraday, you were solid until D3 and then you just became paralyzed.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”