Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Hey, I'm here a lot. Just don't have a lot to say. I figure I know who your recruit is likely, but even if I say something about it the town doesn't care.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Save poor xvart, Kinetic. Make up some wifom that will make the unvotes go away...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Cobblerfone wrote:Oh.

Flameaxe, do you know how the mechanics worked in succesion I?

Actually anyone from the game I guess could answer that. It'll save me the looking.

Generally, but I'm not so certain the mechanics will be the same with the stumped CRs. You might need to be more specific on which mechanics you want me to flesh out.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Magister Ludi wrote:There are only two anti-town players and no one can be accused of buddying. Its the optimal time to converse.

How do you know this?
Cobblerfone wrote:People that need to post more:
Katsuki (Who's decided to lurk)

Cobblerfone wrote:Townreads for today:
Katsuki

Don't see why people think Cobble was recruited after his claim, as much as the rest of his play makes it look like he was.

Nobody Special wrote:In other news, I'm fairly happy with the xvart case. If he starts acting less scummy and more townish, I'd be willing to flip to Yos.

Why?

Bunnylover wrote:Unvote, Vote Katsuki
Obvious lurker recruit is obvious. How could I forget that ._.

Why Katsuki and not me or some other lurker?

Vote: ThAdmiral.
Don't like his ump on the xvart wagon, and seems like a good recruit candidate to me.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

bvoigt wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Xvart is closer to lynch than any, but
fos: any
. He's one to watch for tomorrow...

Ani is the backup mod. :P

Well played sir.

springlullaby wrote:I'm thinking yes. I'm thinking there might be other scum than cult too. But maybe I'm wrong.

But surely they couldn't be recruitable which would cause problems.

Dry-fit wrote:
Vote: ThAdmiral.
Don't like his ump on the xvart wagon, and seems like a good recruit candidate to me.

Why thank you!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Chronopie »

/prodded. So soon.

Re: S1's mechanics: Recruit OR Kill, the CRs had to pick which, and couldn't do both the same night,
But the cult/mafia groups could still kill after CR death (obv not relevant for this one, CRs are stumps)

I doubt there's more scum than the two Mafia Groups. Introducing more than 3 sides in a cult game would be a headache.

--

Out of curiosity, what colours are the cults this game?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Honestly we don't know
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

populartajo wrote:
springlullaby wrote:
populartajo wrote:yosa:

Cobblerfone wrote:VOTE: Popular Tajo

I don't think I'm allowed to say why. But he's a "doctor". I'd recruit the doctor even if he weren't guranteed to be a "role-doctor".

this screams vi rather than recruited scum, agree?

Dunno, as newbie scum I would do that kind of "look I'm a newbie" too. It's a hard call to make.

except the difference here is that recruiters wouldnt go for newbies.

Yeah, the whole "scum probably wouldn't recruit newbies" wifom stuff is a very valid argument, and it's the main reason I'm not voting cobbler right now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Yosarian2 wrote:
populartajo wrote:
springlullaby wrote:

I don't think I'm allowed to say why. But he's a "doctor". I'd recruit the doctor even if he weren't guranteed to be a "role-doctor".

Dunno, as newbie scum I would do that kind of "look I'm a newbie" too. It's a hard call to make.

Yeah, the whole "scum probably wouldn't recruit newbies" wifom stuff is a very valid argument, and it's the main reason I'm not voting cobbler right now.

But with all the wifom flying around, can we be so sure that cobbler is NOT recruited? Not only that, that conversation between kinetic and albert bugs me more on the xvart wagon. I know we should ignore it, but doesn't anyone else find it odd? I would not be surprised if one of their posting condition is to at times give out info somehow. I mean they need some reason other than just harassing us to post.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

The only time I would really consider the CR's information at all useful is when they are trying to take out or damage the other recruiter. Other than that, avoid it.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Herodotus »

@Flameaxe:
If finding the recruitee was only a matter of outguessing the CR's, then we'd get stuck in the circular reasoning and couldn't conclude anything. But we could also find the recruitees if they "make a mistake" in the sense of accidentally revealing themself as scum. Players who are new or who are lynched often are more likely to make a mistake. The CR's don't need or want to take that risk. Also, a newer player would not be able to help the CR as much in analyzing PR's and future recruitment choices. So unless we find something seriously scummy from them (including lurking), it's reasonable to count the players kinetic and Albert don't expect to play well as less suspect than those with experience. On day 1, that is. Disregard this analysis for future days.

On the other hand, it's also possible that one or both of them just used some random method to choose a name. I think if I were a CR, I'd use a weighted random selection.

Spring wrote:Cobbler, what do you think of that? Wanna vote yourself to prove that you aren't scum?
Um, what?

@Populartajo:
Read the game. [Redacted], and [redacted].

Do you disagree with my point that we shouldn't rule anyone out as guaranteed not to have been selected?

@Yos2:
Why did Cobbler claim?

Cobb wrote:Let me last at least one night. If I'm scum the other scum will kill me anyway. From what I understand if the recruiters try to recruit an unrecruitable or another scum, the recruitment becomes a kill.
:sigh:
Yes, I'm sure they will want to waste their recruit ability on someone they know they can't recruit.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by xvart »

Ugh... apparently I didn't actually post earlier today and now don't have it.

Herodotus, 353 wrote:Regarding cobbler's claim, I remember seeing it as him responding to the issue of being sure that xvart was town because cobbler was guessing xvart might be unrecruitable because they had the same role name. So I don't think much of the attacks on him over a scum-serving claim. The seed for his claiming was planted before the first votes on him. So if that was a scumplot, it was absurdly subtle.

This is a valid point, and something I need to look more into. I'm going to go back and look at the progression of Cobbler's posts on us having the same role and see how that unraveled, but I agree that it is unlikely that it was a planned elaborate setup simply because it would be too complicated this early in the game and could fall apart pretty easily if not executed perfectly. But again, I need to look at it more in detail.

Magister Ludi86, 385 wrote:I actually like Batt as the second recruit. I'm think Kinetic went after Batt and ABR after Yos, for what it's worth.

In my earlier post that never posted I Batt had pinged my recruitdar for some reason but I can't remember why. I'll try and dig it up when I'm looking at some other things.

populartajo, 403 wrote:Re: xvart wagon. Im really torn on xvart since he isnt usually suspected early days, so I dont know if his reactions are scumtells or nulltells. Xvart, could you show me some games where you have been suspected early?

Honestly, I can't remember being in a game where I was suspected early; but I'll go back through my completed games and see if I can find some where I received a decent amount of suspicion or where I was lynched.

Cobblerfone, 410 wrote:Actually anyone from the game I guess could answer that. It'll save me the looking.

It was a time based mechanism, so whoever sent the first pm recruiting someone recruited (barring any unrecruitable, protection, etc.), as was the case with Seraphim. Both recruiters targeted him N0 and when I was recruited N1 we operated under the false assumption that the reason the recruitment failed was because he was the other recruiter.

Chronopie, 430 wrote:/prodded. So soon.

Re: S1's mechanics: Recruit OR Kill, the CRs had to pick which, and couldn't do both the same night,
But the cult/mafia groups could still kill after CR death (obv not relevant for this one, CRs are stumps)

I doubt there's more scum than the two Mafia Groups. Introducing more than 3 sides in a cult game would be a headache.

--

Out of curiosity, what colours are the cults this game?

Interesting how Chrono just sort of disappears shortly after I start calling him out as being a recruit then comes back with this fluff post. I expect I'll be returning my vote here if it moves.

I'm also thinking about Succession I and if there are similar vig roles out there. The problem with the vig's is they need to shoot well to give us a chance, but we also don't want them waiting too long and falling into the mob hands. This might be a radical (possibly stupid) idea but would it be worth discussing maybe setting up a list of people to kill tonight and use all the vig bullets before the Cult can use them?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fourth Vote Count of Day One:

xvart - 8 (DrippingGoofball, Cecily, Yosarian2, Seraphim, Fritzler, Nobody Special, bvoigt, ThAdmiral)
Cobblerfone - 4 (xvart, Flameaxe, Porochaz, Tanarin)
Magister Ludi - 2 (springlullaby, Battousai)
springlullaby - 2 (Herodotus, Zdenek)
Chronopie - 1 (RaudhrGarm)
Seraphim - 1 (ooba)
Yosarian2 - 1 (Magister Ludi)
Katsuki - 1 (Bunnylover)
Herodotus - 1 (populartajo)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Dry-fit)

Not Voting: 3 (Chronopie, Katsuki, Cobblerfone)

With 25 voters, it will take 13 to lynch.

Herodotus wrote:
@Mod: could we have prods for everyone eligible
(as opposed to just populartajo)
Prods are happening whenever people pass the 2 1/2 day mark... keeping in mind that it's a holiday weekend for most Americans (myself included).
Retired as of October 2014.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Yosarian2 wrote:
populartajo wrote:
springlullaby wrote:

I'm telling you, read through his posts with the thought that cobbler is a legitimate retard. It makes his posts make SOOOO much more sense.
Surfs up dude.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by springlullaby »

ThAdmiral wrote:
springlullaby wrote:I'm thinking yes. I'm thinking there might be other scum than cult too. But maybe I'm wrong.

You've got a point, the two scenarios doesn't match. And I've done the meta on him, it's possible the whole thing was just newbie stuff. Still, I'm mad at him.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

bvoigt wrote:is there a special flavor name for your unrecruitableness? (Sort of like "Visit" or "Tour the Neighborhood" in the sample role PMs.)

I don't see how that would help. (Seeing as how "Visit" and "Tour the Neighborhood" are more-or-less the same power with different names.) And I've already adressed that the flavor will hint too much at my role.

I'm reevaluting my reads. Since they've posted more I'm going to base them off content. (Since there's usually little to go by, my D-1 reads usually rely on tone. I really need to stop doing them like that.)
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:35 am

Post by bvoigt »

Cobblerfone wrote:
bvoigt wrote:is there a special flavor name for your unrecruitableness? (Sort of like "Visit" or "Tour the Neighborhood" in the sample role PMs.)

I don't see how that would help. (Seeing as how "Visit" and "Tour the Neighborhood" are more-or-less the same power with different names.) And I've already adressed that the flavor will hint too much at my role.

If you do actually have a flavor name for being unrecruitable, it
is
important to me that you claim it. And the flavor argument doesn't work here...I'm not asking you for a reason, just a word or phrase. It will not hint at any other aspects of your role.

BTW, Ludi has ignored my question ~3 times.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Bunnylover »

@Dry-Fit: Mainly its because Katsuki was a cult recruiter from a Reck game, and used lurking to win the game. I would assume Katsuki would try to do the same as a recruit.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Flameaxe »

And I've already adressed that the flavor will hint too much at my role.

Hint too much at...the role you've already claimed?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Flameaxe wrote:
And I've already adressed that the flavor will hint too much at my role.

Hint too much at...the role you've already claimed?

Ever since I mentioned that the unrecruitable roles in Sucession I also had another ability as well, he's been hinting that he has a second ability that he hasn't claimed. Which, frankly, just makes me more suspicious.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:19 am

Post by ooba »

Re-read the last couple of pages - I change my mind about cobbler but had already written down a response to Flameaxe and did not feel like deleting it ..

@Flameaxe: I know I'm projecting but I think it's a fair assumption to make D1.

I went to succession and read it again. Note Me=Weird replaced Seraphim only on D1. Seraphim was the choice of both recruiters N0. *

While I won't exclude anybody from being a possible recruit tomorrow (because I can see myself recruiting inexperience if most people have good-null vibes on that person on D1), I just don't see either person recruiting cobbler pre-game.

If I am wrong about this, you can rant at me postgame :)

*398: Cobbler went to look this up??
- You know I can buy cobbler claiming with not much pressure on him (like Yos calls it "a VI situation")
- But looking up Succession for something
that wasn't specifically directed at him

- Both put together makes me rethink that people might be right Cobbler scum and about CR coaching from the background

408 - "I only read up to where Seraphim got replaced out in Succession I" - him posting a possible explanation on why he went back to that game because otherwise it just looks too damn scummy
Cobbler:
"Let me last at least one night"

419 @Zed - "I believe Cobblerfone's claim for the reason that Herodotus pointed out."
436 @Her - See it in this post: "Regarding cobbler's claim, I remember seeing it as him responding to the issue of being sure that xvart was town because cobbler was guessing xvart might be unrecruitable because they had the same role name."
What do you think about the fact that it might be their pregame plan if any of the other teamsters get's wagoned?

Unvote. Vote: cobbler
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

@bvoigt: How about if I get to L-2? Why does it matter? Even if the flavor name was the same for every unrecruitable, the flavor would only be verifiable to other unrecruitables. Which would bring more unrecruitables unecessarily in the open. And I know it will be different because it is somewhat tied to my role.

ooba wrote:Cobbler:"Let me last at least one night"

That does sound desparate. It felt like there were more people on me than there were, but I guess that's no excuse for the immaturity of that plea.

ooba wrote:- But looking up Succession for something that wasn't specifically directed at him

I actually reread to see how Seraphim acted. (Hence why only up until he replaced out) He's been laying low, and if he's been recruited N-0 by two different people before I figured why not look it up?

Yos2 wrote:Ever since I mentioned that the unrecruitable roles in Sucession I also had another ability as well, he's been hinting that he has a second ability that he hasn't claimed. Which, frankly, just makes me more suspicious.

Post 190:
Cobbler wrote:It was more like me trying to not lynch a potential PR.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Bunnylover wrote:@Dry-Fit: Mainly its because Katsuki was a cult recruiter from a Reck game, and used lurking to win the game. I would assume Katsuki would try to do the same as a recruit.

That had a lot to do with RL circumstances rather than intended lurking...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Cobbler is no recruit.

Players that don't like the xvart wagon are welcome to pile their votes on MLudi.

Let's get this show on the road.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Herodotus »

springlullaby wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:

You've got a point, the two scenarios doesn't match. And I've done the meta on him, it's possible the whole thing was just newbie stuff. Still, I'm mad at him.

Could you elaborate on the "mad at him" issue here?

ooba wrote:What do you think about the fact that it might be their pregame plan if any of the other teamsters get's wagoned?

I suppose that can't be ruled out, but for now I'm on Cobbler's side.

We haven't heard from nobody in far too long. I'm still waiting for an answer to a question I didn't ask anybody.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”