chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

Sup bros? I've been V/LA. I'll catch up to this when I get a chance.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by chkflip »

Read this as it's relevant. Same type of game. We straight out claimed our results and another townie did some weird math thing that pinpointed scum to a Tee. We just didn't follow it like we should've. And subsequently lost. Though it's not on my tally because I was replaced due to RL shenanigans.

In other news, I think DK at L-1 on P2 is retarded regardless of what has taken place. I don't care if he's a VI or whatever -- we need discussion before we need a lynch. Period. I think at
least
one opportunistic scum jumped onto that wagon.

Townie points to Amrun for the unvote six minutes after.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by chkflip »

Yeah and I'm definitely not playing along, so if you could tell the class what it was you were getting at with that? It'd help progress the discussion you incessantly halted with that.

Thanks.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

1) You're stifling discussion by demanding we play to your questionaire.
2) You're ending a legit part of the game that has legit reasons for existance just to push to RQS just to push your own agenda.
3) You want a "confirmed townie" when, here's a thought, mafia would more than likely shoot them N1.
4) You're introduing waaaay too much WIFOM with this hypo-doc nonsense. Either we claim our targets outright or we simply play mafia.

Would you like me to continue? I see no reason Hopptown would feel this strongly this fast, nor do I think he'd have something so ridiculous planned out right off the bat.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

I think it worked out pretty well in the previous game of this fashion that I was in (see link), but you're entitled to your opinion. I also understand where you're coming from with the whole "let's PL the VI," but we don't have a big enough playerlist for all that.

So, care to share why you opened with that?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:08 am

Post by chkflip »

Well, through this discussion, you've gotten my answers. Sorry they're not formatted like you like but they're quite obviously there.

So... still waiting on that.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:21 am

Post by chkflip »

^This is why it was stupid, Hopps. You have people waiting... for what? Stifling discussion.

Hypo-doc'ing is nothing but more WIFOM and allows scum even more wiggle room than actually claiming our real doctor protections because there are only so many scenarios that can happen. We're going to cross-protect, stop kills, create kills, etc etc. Hypo-doc'ing gets us nowhere with that but some fake/worthless discussion that fluffs the thread.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 am

Post by chkflip »

LOL'd. We don't know our sanities ftr, so "claiming" won't help us DK.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

I didn't vote Hopps because, as much as I don't like the ideas, they're not telling in and of themselves.

Also, I agree that it won't help discussion or eliminate doctors if we are to protect the same person; however, I still don't feel hypo-claiming is our best avenue.

Though I will say that, at first glance, I thought you meant hypothetically claiming people and not calling our protects before we protect anyone. This in mind, though, I still feel the same way. Claiming our targets ahead of time is
just as bad
because scum can use that information to their advantage much more than town can.

Either Hello and DK are on the same team (and hate it) or they just hate eachother. My bet is the latter.

Mora, it seems like a pretty far out claim for page four... but I've seen people do it (and be right) before, so I'm uncertain. Why do you ask me in particular?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

Mor, explain how they're wishy-washy and I'll elaborate on how they aren't.

Now, how can hypoclaiming benefit scum more? They know who we're protecting, simple as. They already know who they are and who we are.

For example, lets go with the assumption that we're to use the plan of protecting the person below us on the player list. OH, LOOK AT THAT, the person below X died, that must mean they're one of the freak-accident doctors OR scum. That's on top of the quack doctor. The only 100% fool-proof tell is if the doctor that dies protecting a mafia goon dies... but even that could be WIFOM'd by the mafia since we won't be getting sanities from the flips. Broken down enough?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by chkflip »

@MOD:
Terribly sorry, but deep depression is deep and depressing. Instead of stinking your game with it... it's best I opt out.

Sorry all.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #628 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by chkflip »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18233
Shameless Marathon plug. join pl0x~

Return to “Completed Open Games”