Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Que?

Please elaborate. DGB is the Perfect scum selection in this game, and her play so far has validated my suspicion.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Read my iso. I'm not going to elaborate.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Battousai »

Bvoigt- Flavor is basically that I can blackmail the Governor because I helped him with some "monetary activities."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Que?

Please elaborate. DGB is the Perfect scum selection in this game, and her play so far has validated my suspicion.

NS is claiming vig, and he'll target me tonight.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battousai: How does this ability you're claiming work? Will xvart show up as having no votes on the next vote count? If we lynch him, does nothing happen, or does the day just end, or what? Can we test your claim without negative effects to the town?

I don't know why we're talking about vigging DGB. She really wouldn't make a good day 1 recruitment target at all; she's the kind of person who's either leading the town or getting lynched, with absolutely no middle ground. Nothing she's done today seems scummy to me, either.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Nobody Special wrote:And so, because you, as one lone player, have decided unilaterally that he isn't scum, we don't get to see his flip.

Thanks, ever so.

FoS: Batt

P-Edit: :roll:

Why the FoS? "an unknown thing" =/= "a scummy thing".

Not liking bvoit's request for flavour, but it looks like one of those things that is slightly more likely to be townie anti-town play than scum anti-town play.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by bvoigt »

What's anti-town about it?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:I don't know why we're talking about vigging DGB. She really wouldn't make a good day 1 recruitment target at all; she's the kind of person who's either leading the town or getting lynched, with absolutely no middle ground. Nothing she's done today seems scummy to me, either.

Talk to NS, he's the vig... though I don't recall ever having been vig'ed... that would be a novelty... certainly a change from waking up with a mafia knife in my still-throbbing heart.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Herodotus wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:And so, because you, as one lone player, have decided unilaterally that he isn't scum, we don't get to see his flip.

Thanks, ever so.

FoS: Batt

P-Edit: :roll:

Why the FoS? "an unknown thing" =/= "a scummy thing".

Not liking bvoit's request for flavour, but it looks like one of those things that is slightly more likely to be townie anti-town play than scum anti-town play.

Generally, if someone claims to the extent that they did, flavor is generally asked for...
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by Zdenek »

After the recent Jester speculation, I am happier yet with a Springlullaby lynch.

Reviewing DGB, her asking to be allowed to live is somewhat scummy, but the best argument against her that I see at the moment is her seizing control of the game early, directing attention away from herself and trying to get the game to move quickly. However, none of that is any different from her normal play.

DGB, how come Magister Ludi was on your first list of four possible recruits, and, in particular, why did you include someone so new to the site?

I'm going to be V/LA tomorrow and Tuesday for travel. I suspect that I'll have regular internet access where I am going.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Zdenek wrote:After the recent Jester speculation, I am happier yet with a Springlullaby lynch.

Reviewing DGB, her asking to be allowed to live is somewhat scummy, but the best argument against her that I see at the moment is her seizing control of the game early, directing attention away from herself and trying to get the game to move quickly. However, none of that is any different from her normal play.

DGB, how come Magister Ludi was on your first list of four possible recruits, and, in particular, why did you include someone so new to the site?

I'm going to be V/LA tomorrow and Tuesday for travel. I suspect that I'll have regular internet access where I am going.

I s**m*d to hav* miss*d th* J*st*r sp*culation, can you show me wh*r* it is?

I am having trouble with my e key so if it doesnt work after 3 presses I use the * although I seem to have managed to fix it somewhat...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by Zdenek »

SL's ISO 28:

springlullaby wrote:I kind of want to drop the j bomb about cobbler.

That last string of terrible votes plus the claiming.

How probable is it in a setup designed by Flay?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:38 am

Post by Porochaz »

Ah ok, well jester is pretty much impossible I think, Flay I seem to remember doesnt like them. Less so than Zdenek I dislike someone as experienced as you goes to jester speculation so readily.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:04 am

Zdenek wrote:

I have played with him, and were I a recruiter, I would have been most pleased to have him on my team.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Seraphim »

Guys, I won't be able to post today...I am graduating and it's my birthday. So yeah. No meaningful content.

For what it's worth, if the cult recruiters only have one recruit, Batt is almost certainly NOT it if he's telling the truth about that ability.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Battousai »

Yos- You can vote him all you want, but when the hammer comes, the "governor" will intervene and he will be saved and we will be screwed out of a day phase.

That's, of course, if I was telling the truth. I wanted to add a bit of a spark since the game was getting a bit stale, even after trying to buy votes with sweet treats and naked pictures. What I got was reactions (though tbh, I didn't know what kind of reaction I would receive). The one that seemed to jump out was NS.

His kneejerk reaction was that I made xvart unlynchable for the rest of the game (which he then fos's me).

1) How is that role even balanceable? All it does is waste vig kills because anyone unlynchable must be killed, less the CR's recruit them.
2) If that role was in the game, why not vote me? I basically made someone the town found scummy enough to vote for, unlynchable. Even if I wasn't scum, you would think you wouldn't want that role in the game.

In all, I think NS was intentionally overreacting. Either to appear more townie and pissed at what I did, or because he thought xvart was recruited by the other CR and thought I just helped their faction.

unvote, vote: NS
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Kinetic »

Battousai wrote:Yos- You can vote him all you want, but when the hammer comes, the "governor" will intervene and he will be saved and we will be screwed out of a day phase.

That's, of course, if I was telling the truth. I wanted to add a bit of a spark since the game was getting a bit stale, even after trying to buy votes with sweet treats and naked pictures. What I got was reactions (though tbh, I didn't know what kind of reaction I would receive). The one that seemed to jump out was NS.

His kneejerk reaction was that I made xvart unlynchable for the rest of the game (which he then fos's me).

1) How is that role even balanceable? All it does is waste vig kills because anyone unlynchable must be killed, less the CR's recruit them.
2) If that role was in the game, why not vote me? I basically made someone the town found scummy enough to vote for, unlynchable. Even if I wasn't scum, you would think you wouldn't want that role in the game.

In all, I think NS was intentionally overreacting. Either to appear more townie and pissed at what I did, or because he thought xvart was recruited by the other CR and thought I just helped their faction.

Noooooo Not NS. He's my one and only chance to kill DGB during the night phase!
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:43 am

Battousai wrote:Yos- You can vote him all you want, but when the hammer comes, the "governor" will intervene and he will be saved and we will be screwed out of a day phase.

Vote: Batt

Here's a query. If NS really thought that you had made Xvart unlynchable for the remainder of the game, if we assume he is a scum recruit, why would he react like he did?

Wouldn't he just petition to his cult leader/tree stump to recruit that person the next night? Certainly an unlynchable scum recruit would make for an excellent addition.

So really, there's no scum intent or reason for that kind of reaction... if you assume he really thought that way.

But even assuming that this was a faked reaction designed to look more town, there's no way in hell reasonable scum would ever make THAT logical leap. It's almost certain to draw unwanted attention to themselves.

The only other possible outcome is if you say that NS is scum, and that he suspects that Xvart is a CR from the other team.

Even in this case, the logic makes no sense, because scum would want to have a calculated response to this, and because Xvart is no longer lynchable today, it's MORE likely that NS!scum would have come along and said something like "That's fine, I'll shoot him tonight."

In reality, this logic you are employing is bogus.

You are either saying:

1) NS is derp!scum who actually believes that Xvart is unlynchable for the remainder of the game. In which case his reaction doesn't match his intent, because he would prefer to have Xvart recruited.

2) NS is scum trying to look more town. Which is wrong because this kind of reaction would only draw more NEGATIVE attention to himself.

3) NS is scum, and believes Xvart is OTHER CR scum, and wanted him lynched badly, thus the reaction. This is also wrong, because now that xvart is not lynchable for today, as scum it would not make sense for him to harp on it like that and make the "unlynchable for the entire game" statement. It's simply not a good scum move, and thus has no scum intent.

NS isn't an idiot. Your case is bogus. You die today, and DGB can eat bullets to the face (sowwy DGB ;_; <3) tonight.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:45 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Zdenek wrote:

I have played with him, and were I a recruiter, I would have been most pleased to have him on my team.

Really? How about you go read CYS: A Monument of Sins and get back to me on that, ok~?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:59 am

Hey guys

Since I'm going to be vig'ed - why don't you lynch me? Really, being vig'ed is a frikkin' embarrassment. I die at the hands of scum, or I die from a lynch.

DGB

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Kinetic »

YES LYNCH DGB! DO IT NOW! SHES GIVEN UP ON LIFE!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:03 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:Hey guys

Since I'm going to be vig'ed - why don't you lynch me? Really, being vig'ed is a frikkin' embarrassment. I die at the hands of scum, or I die from a lynch.

DGB

-twitch-

Last Ditch attempt to gain some town cred, DGB?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:04 am

Post by ooba »

Posting in a few .. Think I've found scum .. Just catching up with what I missed from my last post ..
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Kinetic »

Ooba is going to definitively find that both Albert and myself are scum.

He might quote the first post to do so, or the multiple admissions from the two of us.

I'm impressed. Here I thought we were being subtle.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:08 am

Kinetic wrote:Ooba is going to definitively find that both Albert and myself are scum.

He might quote the first post to do so, or the multiple admissions from the two of us.

I'm impressed. Here I thought we were being subtle.

:giggle:

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”