earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by earworm »

Why the fuck are you going to shoot Hoppster?!? That slot is soooooooooooooooooooooooo town.

(I do like these inhim votes though)
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Hoppster »

earworm wrote:Why the fuck are you going to shoot Hoppster?!? That slot is soooooooooooooooooooooooo town.

Making a note of this now - this is a good example of the sort of post I seem to remember giving me town vibes (although I seem to have forgotten which other ones).

UNVOTE: earworm

You do need to address this though (plus the whole deal of a 3-vote bandwagon on you within 5 posts).

And nao, INCOMINGZ WALLZ

Spoiler: idiot alarm going off
tarsonisocelot wrote:Param was not obvtown
Parama wrote:idiot alarm going off

Yes he was (granted, I have confirmation bias, but I was loosely following this game before I replaced in).

tarsonisocelot wrote:No Lynch is rarely a good option on D1.

This game is not like normal games; what applies to them doesn't necessarily apply here. The clue is in the fact that "No players will be removed (lest due to modkill) from the game before the game is finished."

tarsonisocelot wrote:Without being presented with a compelling argument related to the specific set up, I will not consider it.

You give me a compelling argument related to the specific set up to lynch or shoot.

tarsonisocelot wrote:You have brought it up "to gauge opinion" more than once.

That's right, because discussing things is scummy. Well done you. Have a gold sticker.

tarsonisocelot wrote:If you have any concrete reason to suspect that either a no-lynch or shooting town will help, then explain it.

Of course I don't. It's speculation about a weird setup. Do you have any concrete reason to suspect that either a lynch or shooting the anti-town player will help?

tarsonisocelot wrote:I'm about to shoot Hoppster.

You seem to believe that you need to shoot anti-town players, yet you haven't given any reasons for me being anti-town, only (bad) reasons for me being useless.
tl;dr - tarsonisocelot has idiotic reasons for wanting to shoot me.

VOTE: tarsonisocelot
Spoiler: reasoningz
All your 'attacks' on me are making, huge, HUGE assumptions.

Assumptions which are simply not permitted by a town win-con.

You obviously* don't have one; here's the one in the OP quoted for your benefit:
Empking wrote:
You win with the town.

It is
OBVIOUSLY* OBVIOUSLY* OBVIOUSLY*
written to be purposely vague. Empking is a very competent moderator, and it is either phrased like that because town wins in some obscure manner or perhaps simply to mind-fuck us all. It would not be written like that by 'accident' if we had the usual "eliminate all anti-town parties / threats to the town" win-con.

You can look at other games Empking has modded (or is modding) to see that he usually gives very clear win-cons, and ours are intentionally vague this game is a super-obvious conclusion.

You are just as obviously* the informed minority here.

Looking through your ISO, it's clear you intented to start the game off with "hurr durr I know just as little as the rest of you", but now you're completely contradicting your early game 'ignorance' (and thus revealing yourself as the informed minority) by insisting that my open-mindedness is deserving of a shot.

When I asked about No Lynches, the people who said that they wanted a lynch answered with a town answer - they wanted the information from lynching. Which, although we have no way to know for sure lynches will give us information, is fair enough.

vezokpiraka wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

We have to see what lynching does.

Lynch me or whoever. Just lynch.

town

inHimshallibe wrote:No Lynch is silly imo. There's no way to know for sure, but given the theme it seems quite likely we will have to use each Day's information to help us on the next try.

town

splitfarvle wrote:I'm against No Lynching in general outside of MYLO. This game in particular, which ends after three game days no matter what and has unknown mechanics, seems to require us to lynch.

town

earworm wrote:Also, I'm against a no lynch. I don't really see how that would help in any way, shape, or form.

Eh, leaning-town. Could be scum.

jilynne1991 wrote:I am against No Lynching, especially on the first day. It's stupid and it helps us in absolutely no way.

Probably sheeping newb-town, but again
could
be scum.

tarsonisocelot wrote:I want a lynch. They're usually the better option and I've yet to see any indication that they're not the better option tonight.

SCUMMMMMMM

town response - WE NEED MOAR INFORMATIONZ FROM TEH LYNCHES
probtown response - NO LYNCH WILL NOT HELP UZ (implying no information gained from No Lynch)

scum response - LYNCH BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE USUALLY DO
tl;dr - tarsonisocelot is playing like the informed minority.

Spoiler: *
OBVIOUSLY
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 8

Hoppster
monk (1) - vezokpiraka
tarsonisocelot (1) - Hoppster
inHimshallibe (3) - earworm, tarsonisocelot, monk
vezokpiraka (1) - inHimshallibe
Ellibereth
earworm (1) - Ellibereth
jilynne1991

Not Voting: jilynne1991

8 Alive, 5 to Lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:59 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Hoppster wrote:
earworm wrote:Why the fuck are you going to shoot Hoppster?!? That slot is soooooooooooooooooooooooo town.

Making a note of this now - this is a good example of the sort of post I seem to remember giving me town vibes (although I seem to have forgotten which other ones).

UNVOTE: earworm

You do need to address this though (plus the whole deal of a 3-vote bandwagon on you within 5 posts).

And nao, INCOMINGZ WALLZ

Spoiler: idiot alarm going off
tarsonisocelot wrote:Param was not obvtown

Yes he was (granted, I have confirmation bias, but I was loosely following this game before I replaced in).

tarsonisocelot wrote:No Lynch is rarely a good option on D1.

This game is not like normal games; what applies to them doesn't necessarily apply here. The clue is in the fact that "No players will be removed (lest due to modkill) from the game before the game is finished."

tarsonisocelot wrote:Without being presented with a compelling argument related to the specific set up, I will not consider it.

You give me a compelling argument related to the specific set up to lynch or shoot.

tarsonisocelot wrote:You have brought it up "to gauge opinion" more than once.

That's right, because discussing things is scummy. Well done you. Have a gold sticker.

tarsonisocelot wrote:If you have any concrete reason to suspect that either a no-lynch or shooting town will help, then explain it.

Of course I don't. It's speculation about a weird setup. Do you have any concrete reason to suspect that either a lynch or shooting the anti-town player will help?

tarsonisocelot wrote:I'm about to shoot Hoppster.

You seem to believe that you need to shoot anti-town players, yet you haven't given any reasons for me being anti-town, only (bad) reasons for me being useless.
tl;dr - tarsonisocelot has idiotic reasons for wanting to shoot me.

VOTE: tarsonisocelot
Spoiler: reasoningz
All your 'attacks' on me are making, huge, HUGE assumptions.

Assumptions which are simply not permitted by a town win-con.

You obviously* don't have one; here's the one in the OP quoted for your benefit:
Empking wrote:
You win with the town.

It is
OBVIOUSLY* OBVIOUSLY* OBVIOUSLY*
written to be purposely vague. Empking is a very competent moderator, and it is either phrased like that because town wins in some obscure manner or perhaps simply to mind-fuck us all. It would not be written like that by 'accident' if we had the usual "eliminate all anti-town parties / threats to the town" win-con.

You can look at other games Empking has modded (or is modding) to see that he usually gives very clear win-cons, and ours are intentionally vague this game is a super-obvious conclusion.

You are just as obviously* the informed minority here.

Looking through your ISO, it's clear you intented to start the game off with "hurr durr I know just as little as the rest of you", but now you're completely contradicting your early game 'ignorance' (and thus revealing yourself as the informed minority) by insisting that my open-mindedness is deserving of a shot.

When I asked about No Lynches, the people who said that they wanted a lynch answered with a town answer - they wanted the information from lynching. Which, although we have no way to know for sure lynches will give us information, is fair enough.

vezokpiraka wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

We have to see what lynching does.

Lynch me or whoever. Just lynch.

town

inHimshallibe wrote:No Lynch is silly imo. There's no way to know for sure, but given the theme it seems quite likely we will have to use each Day's information to help us on the next try.

town

splitfarvle wrote:I'm against No Lynching in general outside of MYLO. This game in particular, which ends after three game days no matter what and has unknown mechanics, seems to require us to lynch.

town

earworm wrote:Also, I'm against a no lynch. I don't really see how that would help in any way, shape, or form.

Eh, leaning-town. Could be scum.

jilynne1991 wrote:I am against No Lynching, especially on the first day. It's stupid and it helps us in absolutely no way.

Probably sheeping newb-town, but again
could
be scum.

tarsonisocelot wrote:I want a lynch. They're usually the better option and I've yet to see any indication that they're not the better option tonight.

SCUMMMMMMM

town response - WE NEED MOAR INFORMATIONZ FROM TEH LYNCHES
probtown response - NO LYNCH WILL NOT HELP UZ (implying no information gained from No Lynch)

Spoiler: *
OBVIOUSLY

No.
I will place the majority of my response to this and a breakdown of your reasoning here in a separate post later today but just to start:
hoppscum wrote:

SCUMMMMMMM

The key part you missed out in "paraphrasing" my reasoning for a lynch was:
I've yet to see any indication that they're not the better option tonight.

This was the
key
element of the reasoning for a lynch. Ignoring it invalidates your entire evaluation of this post.

Your view on it here and the rest of your posts indicate a flaw in your reasoning: You assume that because this is not a normal game that we should start with a blank slate in regards to our expectations, when our point of origin is actually a mini normal. The best, most efficient way to construct a working model of this game is to establish where there are differences between this game and a normal game, not to attempt to construct all rules from first principles. I will explain how and why in detail in my upcoming post.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:01 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

It is not soooooooooooooooooooooooo town.

And do you actually believe inhim is scum? Or is this just because you don't want to be lynched instead?
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:40 am

Post by earworm »

Re: Contradiction--hmm...that does look bad. After seeing more of the game, I changed my mind about the post that's all.

Re: Wagon--You and Elli are misled townies. Inhim is scum.

Re: TO wagon--second suspect. I like this wagon very much.

Re: Inhim--Yes I think he's scum. That's why my vote is on him.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Para's town, he wouldn't rage-quit as scum.
Wormy is still scum.
and probably Monk.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Hoppster wrote:

Me no get. And I'm town-read crazy.
If Hoppster was switched for another name would it still be same?
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Ellibereth »

monk wrote:Ok that's L-2, having looked at his defense of me that's incredibly circular and blegh. I may put him up to L-1 but not yet I want to see what everyone else thinks of this bandwagon. Having said that UNVOTE: Elliberith comes out swinging town

monk wrote:On actually looking at the reactions to TO's decision, VOTE: inHimshallibe

What's wrong with these posts.

I'll read the tanst stuff and figure out why ya'll are voting for inhimlater.
FLASH OF GREEN
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Hoppster »

Ellibereth wrote:
Hoppster wrote:

Me no get. And I'm town-read crazy.
If Hoppster was switched for another name would it still be same?

It's not that, it's the consistency with his read on inHim and the way that it's expressed.

(The fact that he calls my slot town is a welcome bonus).

tarsonisocelot wrote:The key part you missed out in "paraphrasing" my reasoning for a lynch was:
I've yet to see any indication that they're not the better option tonight.

This was the
key
element of the reasoning for a lynch. Ignoring it invalidates your entire evaluation of this post.

What.

Whaaaaaaat.

I've yet to see any indication that lynches are the better option. That's why I was seeing what everybody thought about No Lynch.

This was the whole point.
THE WHOLE POINT

You're assuming that lynches are by default better than No Lynches because that's how games normally work.

THIS ISN'T A NORMAL GAME.

That does not invalidate my evaluation of your post; it
SUPPORTS
it.

The only thing that would indicate a lynch is better than a No Lynch is THAT'S HOW IT WORKS IN NORMAL GAMES.

THIS ISN'T A NORMAL GAME.

Therefore:

^ Still very, very valid.

tarsonisocelot wrote:Your view on it here and the rest of your posts indicate a flaw in your reasoning: You assume that because this is not a normal game that we should start with a blank slate in regards to our expectations, when our point of origin is actually a mini normal.

At no point does Empking rule out Cults or Jesters.

We could be dealing with Cults and Jesters.

We could be dealing with anything.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by monk »

Ellibereth wrote:Para's town, he wouldn't rage-quit as scum.
Wormy is still scum.
and probably Monk.

What? Why would I be scum? I can understand if you think I'm in a scum team with TO but I had a gun and I gave it to someone, TO backed this up by saying yes I have a gun now. If I get a gun tomorrow then I WILL give it to a confirmed town.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Ellibereth »

monk wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Para's town, he wouldn't rage-quit as scum.
Wormy is still scum.
and probably Monk.

What? Why would I be scum? I can understand if you think I'm in a scum team with TO but I had a gun and I gave it to someone, TO backed this up by saying yes I have a gun now. If I get a gun tomorrow then I WILL give it to a confirmed town.

Scum being forced to give a shot to town isn't that out of the ordinary. (e.x.: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12760_
Mechanics don't mean shit in terms of alignment right now and I don't know why you would think they do.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I still don't feel like reading hopp vs. tars.

Monk:
Why you think I'm town.
What do you think of earworm.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Ellibereth »

FLASH OF GREEN
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Empking »

vezok has been prodded
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:27 am

Post by jilynne1991 »

Ok, I need to ask you guys something, in nearly every game I play, it seems like everyone's voting except me. I'm trying to figure out if that's because I'm too cautious, or you guys are just quicker to vote/get reads on people. It usually takes at least 15 to 20 pages for me to figure out someone that I feel like is scum. What do you guys think?
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Always have your vote on someone.
Now.
Go.
FLASH OF GREEN
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Are you serious? Well, I don't have any evidence...but ok then.
Vote: WormyKrew
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by monk »

jily wormykrew isn't playing do you mean earworm? Also be careful where you put your vote as we don't want to lynch someone yet.

Ellibereth:
I think you're town based on how you started posting as soon as you had caught up with the thread
Earworm could be scummy, what are the reasons you think he's scum? I think all the reasons you've put down for him being scummy are in my mind null due to his playstyle.
Modding:
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

LOL, ok, sorry, this is the first mistake I've made since playin all 6 games at once. Yes, I did mean earworm, I honestly don't know how WormyKrew popped up in my mind. Wait, but Elli just told me I should always be voting someone. Can someone confirm whether this is a good idea or not?
Vote: earworm
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by monk »

thats fine for the moment, now why do you have your vote there?
Modding:
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by monk »

EBWOP: Don't ask for permission on where to put the vote, it's your vote just place it where you think pressure needs to be applied
Modding:
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

1) cussing bothers me and please don't cuss, since you can't achieve anything by cussing
2) what makes you so sure, and why are you defending him so strongly? his confidence/ how he's defeinding so agressively bothers me
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by earworm »

Parama was obvtown, even if he was being a douche about it.

His post #48 is filled with so much scumhunting and general pro-towness it burns the eyes of any scum that looks at it.

P.S. I'm not nearly that bad about cursing compared to others. *coughFATEcough*
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Can someone please explain the point of cursing to me? Since, there's obviously something makes it so great everyone has to do it all the time, that I'm not understanding. =_= (Sorry for the contentless post, I just had to vent.)
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”