Newbie 1117(Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

/confirm

Hey, I'm Does Bo Know. When referring to me in a topic, I don't mind the full name, DBK, or simply Bo. Just make sure it's distinct.

I'm still working around in Newbie games because I need to work on my scumhunting. Or, at least I feel like I do. I'm in another Newbie game right now, and after I finish both that one and this one, I'll head on over to the real deal games and try my luck out there.

Soooooo...I'm not IC'ing, but if I happen to be more active and you have a question about Mafia in general, I'll do my best to answer. Don't ask if something is a scumtell, or if someone should be voted; you learn best through action and your own thoughts. Plus, it's only a Newbie game. Making mistakes and learning from them are what this place is for.

Have fun, everyone!
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

1) I prefer playing town. This way, there's no reason to lie.

2) I'll take the candy. Killing grandma would be an act of impatience, and impatience isn't something people should have a lot of.

I basically agree with Random. BBmolla is answering the question so he won't be called Mafia. I'm answering the questions so discussion can be started among every player, and ToastyToast has stated multiple times that he wants discussion with these questions. I don't think anyone else gave a selfish reason to answer the questions more than BBmolla.

I'll also
Vote: BBmolla
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

ToastyToast wrote:@Bo: would your reaction be any different if he just didn't answer the questions?

I'd simply ask why BBmolla didn't answer the questions. The fact that he stated he answered them so no one would call him scum is a little...selfish. Don't know if that's the right word, but saying that instead of agreeing that it brings on more discussion isn't pro-town to me.

BBmolla: I actually had something to say here, but Random covered all of it quite nicely, and then some. I'll just add that this is a newbie game, and if you find something you think is a scumtell, go ahead with it; don't withdraw if you're unsure, because confidence is important when trying to find scum.

Random: Your next post after the big analysis on BBmolla took me by surprise. In fact, the
biggest
thing I hate about RVS is when someone suspects another, yet their vote is on someone for a worse or totally random reason.

So, BBmolla, I just figured out that Random is my second FoS after reading your most recent post. There you go.

Ninja'd: Random, you just stated you have a great case on BBmolla. So why isn't your vote on the person you most suspect? Just because your vote is on one person doesn't mean you can't question other people. There's
always
something else to look for even if you keep your vote and your case on your prime suspect.

Yeah, I was going to keep my vote on BBmolla after this post, but since the Ninja'd post, I'm going to change that.
Vote: SomeRandomGuy

Ninja'd to the Max: Hold on. I just made this post before the forum went down (for me, at least), so let me organize more thoughts from the most recent posts.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

So, let's make this clear, Random: Is BBmolla still your prime suspect right now? I just want a yes or a no, please.

SomeRandomGuy wrote:I realise it can seem scummy, but at this point in time, i want more leads,
BBMolla will give us more information as time goes on anyway, with or without pressure
, i just feel that if others are not pressured too, we may find ourselves stuck afterwards.

Quackerz can give us more information with or without pressure.
Anyone
can give us more information with or without pressure. If you want more leads, just let players speak, and we
will
find more. It's the nature of Mafia. We don't need worthless votes thrown around.

NOTE: Oh. My. God. Almost every time I hit Preview, I end up getting told that there's an error on the site. Unrelated to this game, has anyone else been experiencing troubles with the site recently?

Okay, I'm done.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

*considers reasoning*

Well, I'm still keeping my vote on you. My reason is that you have a valid case against your only suspect, yet you refuse to follow up with it, and instead try to shift focus on someone for a worse reason. We have weeks until deadline. We can spend time pressuring BBmolla and still have time to have discussion about other things.

You're not as scummy as I thought you were, Random, because you have confidence in what you have done, and you don't take back what you did. You felt it was the right decision, and if you feel you have nothing to hide...I don't know, it's in my gut you're not that scummy. But I still feel you're the most anti-town here.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

BBmolla wrote:I'm not going to sheep and say that something is a great idea if I have issues with it.

Also, I personally do not FoS Random at this point in time, I think his arguement is pretty logical tbh. Seeing how people react under pressure is a good idea because I know for a fact people will react differently, whether intentionally or not, when they're scum under pressure and town under pressure.

I mentioned the not hammeran because I didn't want to die with my song unsung.

- So you resent RVS because you think it's pointless (as I implied in post #31, if you need me to explain I will), but you answer it to keep from being accused of Mafia in that same post. You don't see
anything
good out of RVS? If you don't see anything good, why do you think every game starts with it and that a usual player follows along with it?

- Yes, pressuring people is good to get nice information. However, do you think Random
had
to switch his vote to Quackerz to pressure him, or do you think it was unnecessary?

- You shouldn't have told people not to hammer you so early, unless you would be gone for a
while
. No one in their right mind would collaborate a wagon and hammer you this early in the game with so little information. (Of course, this is a newbie game, so I should be more lenient if people make stupid mistakes.)

Also, I have a question for registered newbies here: what is your experience in Mafia?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:What I would say however is that your post is almost exactly what i am being accused of (non-commitance) you've left yourself plenty of room here that if I am left swinging from the gallows you can say 'Hey, i said my gut didn't think he was scummy but i think he played anti-town'. Don't get me wrong here, i'm not calling you out as scummy or even suggesting that you are but it does leave that room. You're also choosing to leave your vote on someone you don't feel is 'that scummy' due to what you believe to be an anti-town play over someone you had voted and believe a case was good on - In essence you're doing exactly what I did, albeit you have a reason to place your vote on me.

Let me make this clear. I believe that you are the most suspicious player here, and therefore, my vote is on you. That's how I usually play the game. Exceptions come in if deadline is close or if roles are weird or something. I said that I don't feel you're as scummy as you were because of your confidence with your actions. That's it. I don't plan on retreating to the "my gut said he wasn't that scummy" if you do end up getting lynched, even if I may be directing it. And if I do retreat to that, I encourage everyone to use it against me.

To Random's points:

1) You have a full case on BBmolla. It's enough to warrant a vote. Yet you don't. BBmolla still had plenty of breathing space, actually; only, what, 2 votes on him? And, yes, I agree that changing topic is something that we should do at some point. But there's time for that, and we don't need a sudden change after a case was starting on BBmolla.

2) Are you saying that it would be your VI play that could lead to your lynch, or the people on your wagon? This isn't really anything suspicious. I'm just curious, really.

To BB's points:

Just saying, that RVS is good here because it creates discussion, and RQS does the same thing. Nothing to be afraid of here. And by the end of Day 1, Lynches most likely aren't random; that's only if inactivity is a huge problem with the game.

Also, BB, because you said that random votes are unnecessary, would you agree that Random changing his vote to Quackerz was unnecessary as well?

Finally, you're not so scummy to me anymore, BB. The only problem I really had was that you thought RVS was a hindrance or simply nothing helpful to the town, but now that I see where you came from and what they expected earlier, and that you were accustomed to not doing anything like RVS, you don't strike me as very scummy anymore.

Ninja'd: AGH! I need to quit taking forever to post! Let me read the recent two posts and comment on those if needed.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Not much to say, except that BBmolla really needs to read the rules at the beginning of this game; Random pretty much pointed out the possibilities of scum factor, so if BBmolla didn't see that in the rules, I suggest he read them again.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:I believe he's at least 2 votes away from lynch, even with your vote, unless i've miscounted?

You miscounted. Kad is the only one with a vote on BBmolla currently.

Kad, could you please give a better case than that on BBmolla? Quite frankly, I don't understand any of your logic at this point, considering BBmolla is nowhere close to a lynch.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Also, Kad, get an avatar. It makes for easier identification.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

kad2361 wrote:Um, you and SomeRandomGuy both have votes on BBmolla as far as I know...

My vote is currently on SomeRandomGuy.
SomeRandomGuy's vote is currently on Quackerz.

That's why I'm confused about your theory.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

I will be waiting for Toasty's list. Otherwise, I don't see anything else comment on so far.

Also, Random, every one of your posts show you as less and less scummy. You're about equal with BB to me right now. It's one of those things that everyone else is so null that the little suspicion I have on both of you is enough to keep the vote on at least one of you.

Wait, I do have a question. BB, why do you request people give you a second FoS?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Haha, I read this game the whole way through. Good game, town. Sorry I couldn't be here, but I'm pretty sure Muffin did an excellent job as my replacement. :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”