Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by tucah »

/confirm

I'm in EST and I'll, hmmm VOTE: Miss J because I was actually planning to pour myself a glass of red wine.
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by tucah »

Grimmjow wrote:Hey, JJ! Glad you're in the game! Good to see you again!

Also, I don't think voting BEFORE the game starts actually counts...

Oh wow, I'm sorry, I guess I was just voting because I saw other people starting.

UNVOTE:
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:05 am

Post by tucah »

Sorry about the lack of replies from me guys, I had an unexpectedly busy weekend. Reading through the page and a half that I missed a few things pop out:

cymru96 wrote:VOTE: bigAL because he's said that he's not necisserily town and then voted for me without saying his reason.

BTW my time zone is GMT so my posts will probably be early morning- early afternoon for most of you

Cymru, why such a quick vote against bigAl? It seems a little defensive, especially since you didn't ask him why he suspected you or wait BigAl to answer Grimmjow's question regarding his suspicion of you. If you were town, wouldn't you want to dispute all of his charges against you to get rid of any questions of your loyalty as town?

Sure, bigAl ended up explaining it as an arbitrary charge but I'd still like to know why you didn't defend yourself before voting BigAl (and then continued to vote for bigAl without really saying anything in response to his relatively lengthy explanation of his vote).

That's really all I found suspicious for now.
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:46 am

Post by tucah »

Also, saying that it's a quick vote works two ways. If your quick, it's suspicious. If you leave it cause it's not enough evidence, looks suspicious. People gat lynched for stayin quiet. It's a two sided coin.

Getting a little paranoid about people thinking you're scum, aren't you?

cymru96 wrote:Saying that, I don't think he's scum but I'm not gonna unvote cause I havent seen anyone who looks scummy and leaving my vote blank after previously voting looks suspicious.

I completely disagree with this. As VisceraEyes mentioned, there are plenty of worse times to unvote than at the beginning of the game, especially after admitting you don't find him suspicious. Why keep your vote if you don't think he's scum - again, a little overly concerned about people thinking you're scum.

I'd also like to see Zihark post, I was about to vote him to get him to talk a little but Viscera's on top of that already I see.
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:47 am

Post by tucah »

Also, sorry for the double post, but I don't know what happened with the first quote in my above post, it's from the same cymru96 post as my second quote (in case anyone was confused, just wanted to clarify).
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:11 am

Post by tucah »

Zihark wrote:VOTE: VisceraEyes because he voted me D:

Really? This is how you start off your first non-confirmation post? No other thoughts on the game so far, just an OMGUS and leave?
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:12 am

Post by tucah »

I hate to DP again but I just wanted to apologize for putting the vote in a quote, I completely forgot that we weren't supposed to do that :(
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:32 am

Post by tucah »

@Grimmjow - As far as I can tell, VE just used "I know you" as an example of a valid RVS excuse - JJ used it against you before the game started when a bunch of us accidentally voted - he never actually claimed to know you.
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:18 am

Post by tucah »

@cymru - I think we all want a little clarification on your last post, a slip like that needs some explanation.
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by tucah »

I'll post some detailed reads either later tonight or tomorrow (EST), depending on how long it takes to read through and compile stuff. I've also been pretty sick so I haven't been paying much attention to the game over the past day or so (but I'll be better and active tomorrow!).

@Workdawg - This is my first mafia game anywhere. I've read through a few to see how games generally progress but pretty much I signed up here because it sounded like a ton of fun :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”