Newbie 1117(Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

/confirm
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

Idk, can we vote ?
From last game i played, we waited utill mod said so. But i dont know if we follow same rules here ?_?
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:Since everyone has confirmed, I don't think mod would mind if we started RVS. So, vote away.

You've played a few games, what do you prefer to play as, town or scum?

also to help me determining your alignment since the star chart isn't so clear on you:
You have no family, only your grandma, she buys a lottery ticket and wins big - she says she'll give her favourite and only grandson plenty of treats, you know you're in her will to take everything, do you accept her lovely treats or band with a few friends to pull off the perfect murder, popping a cap in her face so that you can receive all of the money?

Well , i only played one complete game, as town. So im gonna have to say town then.
And i would take the treats bc a long time ago if im lucky grandma would put
Some money in my bag , so my mom wouldnt take it xD
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

ToastyToast wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:^^I'd like to ask the above questions to everyone.

How do you think those questions will help determine other players' alignments?

Anything that stimulates discussion gives me a look at playing style and allows people to react. I actually prefer RQS to RVS for this reason.

-Experience helps us figure out how much a player should know, whether or not the mistake is a serious one given his or her background

-Questions about morality bring about more questions

Is their like a time limit on the RVS and the RQS ?
Or are they intertwined ?
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

If you would manipulate grandma, would u also try to manipulate other players ?
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:
Redcolbalt wrote:If you would manipulate grandma, would u also try to manipulate other players ?

Absolutely, although i've no need to in this game due to my alignment. i wont state 'i am town' though since such is a redundant statement that everyone here will make for obvious reasons.

So, your kinda setting a backup plan here, if things go bad?

And for the second question .

the second question which is essentially: would you take what your offered or form a mafia sized group to kill your gran was a joke. I was more interested in seeing the reaction to them being asked than the answers, at least in some way.

I dont get this, if you part of the town here. Why would you ask this question ?
just to get reactions , well with your answer wouldnt people find you more of a bad guy here.
You did mention earlier that you would maniuplate other players.

@ Bo :

Also, I have a question for registered newbies here: what is your experience in Mafia?

This would be my second actual game of mafia, you could argue 3rd. ( i replaced into a open game, and it was way over my head. I had to end up being replaced out.)

but BBmolla, is also kinda ... scummmy. He seems, overconfident, and pleads not to be killled off.

I mentioned the not hammeran because I didn't want to die with my song unsung.

... can you sing it ? :0 idk know what you mean by that , care to help me out?

Gonna throw this out there real quick, that I think some of the scumtells you guys are getting on me is pretty bogus. I might as well lurk because every time I talk it's a scum tell in some way or another.

Well, lurking is bad to begin with. And maybe you are a scum, and your tells... idk represent your role ?

You then decide to skip over the rules, which also supports my headstrong idea.

Random, started scummy, but he has over the posts, kinda like showed me that he is to clean to be scum, he is willing to open up and explain his ideas without holding anything back. I still kinda think your "null"

Since we are still in RVS , or RQS ? i dont quite know when to tell them apart, since it seems like we are in both at once.
I will
VOTE: BB

Because , i feel that your the most ... strangest !
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

Redcolbalt--Strongest scum read
1)
Redcolbalt wrote:I dont get this, if you part of the town here. Why would you ask this question ?
just to get reactions , well with your answer wouldnt people find you more of a bad guy here.
You did mention earlier that you would maniuplate other players.

He attacks somerandomguy for his answers to the questions, and yet doesn't answer them himself. In my opinion, if he is going to attack someone for revealing information, he should give his own answers first. He's using information from random questions that he himself is unwilling to answer. Also, where did redcolbalt say he would manipulate other players? Misrep?

Redcolbalt wrote:Random, started scummy, but he has over the posts, kinda like showed me that he is to clean to be scum, he is willing to open up and explain his ideas without holding anything back. I still kinda think your "null"

So you attack him for being open in his answers and the questions, but then use that same reasoning to defend him?

2)
Redcolbalt wrote:but BBmolla, is also kinda ... scummmy. He seems, overconfident, and pleads not to be killled off.

So after you form suspicions on Random, you change your mind in the same post and vote for the person Random started a wagon on? Hmmm....

3)Then there are the reasons for voting BBmolla...
-Overconfidence isn't a scumtell.
-I've seen town plead not to be lynch before, but its usually more about RAGE. What's scummy about it is that BB was nowhere near getting hammered.
Redcolbalt wrote:Because , i feel that your the most ... strangest !

-Unless this is gut, this doesn't even count. And gut isn't a very convincing argument anyways

Unvote:Vote: Redcolbalt
[/quote]

i did answer them ?
i said i wouldnt try to manipulate my own grandma into a plot to kill her.
I do attack him , but also defend him. I try to look on both sides, before i cast a vote.
I didnt change my mind, its bb than random. He would be my "FoS"
Well, thats why we all have guts ? I feel that i am on a good hunch and shall push my case, untill i am proven wrong.
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

@mod: i wasnt voting for myself, it was part of the quote. i think you have me listed for me voting myself?
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

UNVOTE

alright got that taken care of and fixed up.
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

ToastyToast wrote:
RedCobalt wrote:Well , i only played one complete game, as town. So im gonna have to say town then.
And i would take the treats bc a long time ago if im lucky grandma would put
Some money in my bag , so my mom wouldnt take it xD

Found it. Apparently I skipped post #109-118 (which included his response).That definitely hurts my case, but I still don't like how he interpreted randomguy's answers to his own questions. The other points stand.

@Muffin:It doesn't make sense if you believe scum to lie about their buddy.
And I asked that "contrived" question because you have yet to explain
why
its contrived. Hence why I said I'm waiting for more.

RedCobalt wrote:i did answer them ?
i said i wouldnt try to manipulate my own grandma into a plot to kill her.
I do attack him , but also defend him. I try to look on both sides, before i cast a vote.
I didnt change my mind, its bb than random. He would be my "FoS"
Well, thats why we all have guts ? I feel that i am on a good hunch and shall push my case, untill i am proven wrong.

Attack+defend=wishy-washy=scummy
Unless you think BBmolla and RandomGuy are scum together, I have a hard time following your thought process in your suspicons.
Guts are not great when trying to tell town why someone is scum. Its very easy to say "gut" when you have no other suspects.

Well, i dont actually see where i get wishy- washy.
as of now , i guess i could group BB and Random as a scum together, however im still learning this scum hunting stuff.
i feel that they are both scum like. BB being more than Random.

i have been lacking , i must read through this thread more now that i have time.
I will polish and present my case tonight
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Redcolbalt »

ToastyToast wrote:Nothing in mafia is 100%. I'm accusing redcolbalt of not taking a real stance, which I find scummy. You may disagree with me, but all his posts point to a certain attitude that says "wellll....i don't really care who gets lynched"

Also, my point was that logic should always take priority over gut. Redcolbalt voted BB with poor reason and had decent reasons to vote for srg. But he didn't. Why? because srg is at this point in the game considered by most to be a townread.

I will defend more later, but I really am not liking kad right now, and would definitely see him as scum over verydark (I'm going to examine his post more thoroughly but at first glance it redeemed the fail that he replaced.

I do feel by placing my vote earlier that i did take a stance.
Im not trying to convince you that bb is scum, im going to wait untill he makes a mistake, then you will see that my case is right.
srg, is second on my list i didnt vote because to me, my gut takes pick over who i should hunt after.
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”