xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 am

Post by xvart »

ooba wrote:Doesn't
He requires prodding and then talks about going back into lurk mode. He hasn't really contributed anything anytime in the last couple of weeks.

clash with
xvart wrote:They don't want to draw any attention and risk being lynched (see previous).

A recruit would at least post enough so that he isn't called out for lurking ..

Well, it depends on the gamestate, and considering the ebb and flow of this game I don't think Chronopie can be excluded on the basis of what you raised. We have several people that have hardly posted anything at all and not contributed anything at all without any fear of retribution. With all the setup speculation and WIFOM arguments going on and the alternative wagons Chronopie could have decided it was better to get out of the limelight by lurking and then saw the benefit of such a behavior and attention being directed elsewhere that he thought he could ride it out.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:56 am

Post by xvart »

Battousai, 956 wrote:xvart- I'm of the opinion that the vigs shouldn't blow their load D1 if they only have 1 shot. It would be better if they prolongued it as long as they could.

As someone says a little bit later and as I have said a couple of times the longer they wait the more likely they are to be recruited. Although, as was mentioned (also later) the one shot vig's were unrecruitable in Succession 1 which I had forgotten; but that doesn't necessarily mean the same is true this game. I would be willing to amend my previous statement to say if you are a vig and you know you don't know if you can be recruited or not you should shoot tonight (I can't remember if the vig's knew they were unrecruitable or not last game).

Dry-fit, 974 wrote:The more I think about it the less likely it seems that Chrono was recruited.

Why? His behavior is exactly what I would expect from a recruit that got caught.

Chronopie, 977 wrote:P.Edit: Surprising. Most of the votes are probably because I'm on Limited Access, thus have been less able to contribute, thus misconstrued as being deliberately lurking.

No. You were self admitted deliberately lurking prior to going on limited access.

ooba, 995 wrote:Just wanted to comment on this -
ALL VIGS SHOULD SHOOT TONIGHT
.. When you have the chance of shooting a recruit and taking down an entire cult team before it can ramp up in power, you take it .. Because *even if you assume vigs are unrecruitable like in S1*, if you hold off on the shot too long - all you'll be playing is kingmaker in deciding which cult team wins ..

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. My vig list would include (pending the lynch):
  • Chronopie
  • ThAdmiral
  • NobodySpecial
  • SpringLullaby
  • Katsuki
  • Battousai
  • Dry-Fit
  • Seraphim
  • Zdnek
I only read quote walls.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by populartajo »

Herodotus wrote:
populartajo wrote:I understand that you think Chrono was recruited?

No, I don't. He's pretty null for me, in fact. I voted him mostly because I wanted to see another wagon.

UNVOTE: Chronopie pending a case for or against him, though his lynch would be tolerable. He certainly hasn't done anything helpful.

I retract my list of 3.

god this guy is so obvious scum

who wants to vote to see ANOTHER WAGON????

Agrees with chronopie lynch for not doing anything helpful when 50% of the playerlist hasnt done anything helpful.

unvote vote: herodotus.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Herodotus »

xvart wrote:
Chronopie, 116 wrote:then ofc we have the additional layer of wifom in whether they're saying that in order to distance/buddy in order to get me lynched, thus not one of their own teams, thus better for them. :?

It is also interesting to note that Chronopie includes Kinetic in his WIFOM argument as being identified as a recruit when
Kinetic had said nothing about Chronopie
, so his inclusion of himself into Kinetic's alleged WIFOM is highly suspect.

Bolded is inaccurate...
Kinetic wrote:I'm going to go with:

Fritz
DGB
and either Chronpie or Yos, leaning toward Yos right now

xvart wrote:Furthermore, when Kinetic started talking about how great it was that the town was wasting time with ThAdmiral's list function is precisely the point in time when Chronopie was getting a fair number of nods towards a likely recruit target. As I said before, there is no reason Kinetic would say something like this because if the town was legitimately wasting time why should he care unless his recruit was looking like a prime target for lynch.

You're not giving kinetic much credit for subtlety or ability to deceive.

populartajo wrote:who wants to vote to see ANOTHER WAGON?

I did.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by xvart »

Herodotus, 1028 wrote:
xvart wrote:
Chronopie, 116 wrote:then ofc we have the additional layer of wifom in whether they're saying that in order to distance/buddy in order to get me lynched, thus not one of their own teams, thus better for them. :?

It is also interesting to note that Chronopie includes Kinetic in his WIFOM argument as being identified as a recruit when
Kinetic had said nothing about Chronopie
, so his inclusion of himself into Kinetic's alleged WIFOM is highly suspect.

Bolded is inaccurate...

You're right; I missed that one, which would have been the prompt for him downplaying his play the second time and the subsequent WIFOM commentary.
I only read quote walls.

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Fritzler »

We desperately need a lynch today, can we please get 5 more votes on xvart?
Surfs up dude.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

No.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

xvart wrote:Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. My vig list would include (pending the lynch):
  • Chronopie
  • ThAdmiral
  • NobodySpecial
  • SpringLullaby
  • Katsuki
  • Battousai
  • Dry-Fit
  • Seraphim
  • Zdnek

It's good to say "yes" but much much less good to tack on a list.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Flameaxe wrote:No.

Yes we can, and we should.

xvart finally makes cases, and against whom? Chronopie. It's not like xvart looked at everyone and tried to see who was scummiest. He checked who was the easiest counter-wagon to push, and shoveled coal into the engine.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

No.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by xvart »

DrippingGoofball, 1033 wrote:xvart finally makes cases, and against whom? Chronopie. It's not like xvart looked at everyone and tried to see who was scummiest. He checked who was the easiest counter-wagon to push, and shoveled coal into the engine.

The fact that you categorize my push on Chronopie as an easy counter wagon is laughable. I've been saying Chronopie is recruited since almost the beginning of the game and the fact that more people are finally coming around to the idea is great news. In fact, I had my voted back on Chronopie before ThAdmiral started doing his list that got more people discussing it as an option. As for making cases I would suggest you try it instead of just pushing how solid of a recruit I would make and only that. As I've said, that's a fine starting point but it can't be the
only
thing you push when you ignore everything else going on.
I only read quote walls.

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Due to the intermittent outage going on right now, I will extend deadline by the next-biggest whole day after this gets fixed. So if we're out for 6 hours, you'll get 24 more hours. 36 hours, you'll get 48. Stay tuned...
Retired as of October 2014.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I don't know why people volunteered lists unless they were willing to lynch the person who came out on top.

I like xvart's case on Chrono, It details whats been wrong with that player-slot. (also, how does xvart only get 6 votes on that survey and have 8 votes on him)

Lets make either a Chrono or Yos2 lynch happen today. Soon. (bankable deadlines)
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Also at Yos, several question included why you asked if I had played with the CR's before, questions over why you ignored my reasoning when presented as opposed to LL, and others.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Zdenek »

I thought I was going to have more time yesterday, and there is a chance that I'll have more time later, but life has become busy for the next few days, so I'll just deal with pressing things.

Looking at the thread again, I'm not as enamored with LLD's argument against Battousai as I was at first. In particular the first point of her argument makes little sense in the context of having to vig unlynchable players. As for the rest of her argument, while I still think that some of her points have some merit, I no longer think that it makes Battousai look like he was really stretching for an argument against Nobody Special as it did before, so
Unvote

I'm pretty torn about Springlullaby, but her recent posts make her look a bit better, so I don't feel nearly as bad about her as I did before.

When it comes to Xvart, at least there is some kind of case against him now, that he's pushing the easy to push Chronopie wagon, but he put Chronopie at the top of his list when Chrono was just leading by one. I'm not keen on voting for Xvart, it seems basically like policy lynch for being a reasonable recruit choice.

If I have a chance, I'll get to making my list of three tonight, if there is a general feeling that we need to achieve a lynch soon, I'm willing to use my vote as a deadline vote and vote for who is highest in the vote count.

V/LA until Sunday
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Magister Ludi wrote:Also at Yos, several question included why you asked if I had played with the CR's before, questions over why you ignored my reasoning when presented as opposed to LL, and others.

So, like I said, cheap rhetorical tricks, not real questions.

Or are you actually saying you don't understand why I asked this question? I don't believe that, honestly.

Yosarian2 wrote:The WIFOM "outguess the recruiters" stuff is useful and does have it's place, but I am strongly tempted to just ignore it and lynch people who are acting like scum. Because, yes, if the scum's only goal was for their first recruit to survive the first day, it's possible that a recruiter might have been counting on us not lynching a new player today. Especially if the recruiter personally had reason to believe that they were a decent player, just an unknown one.

Cobblerfone, Magister Ludi: Have either of you ever played with Kinetic or Albert before?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by Andrius »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Andrius is replacing! Wooooooooooooooot!

<333

So yeah. I meant to read the whole game tonight and post a massive catchup, but I played Monster Hunter Tri until late so I had less time. I plan on spending tomorrow night reading up and being all caught up by the time you guys wake on Saturday. Sound good? Great. :D

Also, for the record, the ending of Succession I sucked because all the townies were just recruited in endgame. It rewarded bad town-play and basically said "oh its ok don't worry about being town for long- let the cults fight and you guys can get endgamed". NOT A FAN. HELL, THE RULES WERE EVEN BENT FOR SINGER WHO WAS UNRECRUITABLE.

So yeah. I'll be caught up by Saturday. Expect a massive post, though. (I'm already a good portion of the way through, but one really big post is better than two big posts so.)

-Andy

p.s. Let's hear it for the teamsters!
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Cobblerfone wrote:@Admiral: List retracted for now.

Um, not in my books it's not.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Porochaz
Tanarin
Bunnylover

Thank you, m'lady.

Herodotus wrote:I retract my list of 3.

What is it with these people thinking they can "retract" their lists?

I AM THE LORD OF THE LISTS!!!!
I OWN YOU!!!
I RULE YOU!!!!!

got it?

ooba, 995 wrote:
ALL VIGS SHOULD SHOOT TONIGHT

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I concur.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Porochaz »

Flyby post in which I say I will not be joining the xvart wagon.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Updated list. A new format - basically I've given the votes weighted scores so if they are listed first they get 3, second 2, last 1.
So its:

Player name - (number of votes) weighted score

I also noticed I made some mistakes in my earlier list. This should be right, but if someone could check it that would be nice.

chronopie - (11) 21
xvart - (6) 14
yosarian - (6) 13
cobblerfone - (5) 11
populartajo - (5) 10
springlullaby - (5) 10
thad - (5) 9
lady lambadelta - (4) 7
hero - (2) 6
nobody special - (3) 5
magister ludi - (2) 4
seraphim - (1) 3
porochaz - (1) 3
bunnylover - (2) 2
ruadhrgarm - (1) 2
tanarin - (1) 2
batt - (1) 1

People still left to list:

andrius
seraphim
zdenek
Don't ask me to provide self meta
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 am

I hate the above list WITH A PASSION.

Let's tell the recruiters who are the safest recruits.

I told you guys to narrow the discussion to a few people.

Now, we have everyone freakin' ranked in freakin' order.

Can we lynch someone already? We're practically handing the game to the recruiters.

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Porochaz »

ThAdmiral wrote:Updated list. A new format - basically I've given the votes weighted scores so if they are listed first they get 3, second 2, last 1.
So its:

Player name - (number of votes) weighted score

I also noticed I made some mistakes in my earlier list. This should be right, but if someone could check it that would be nice.

chronopie - (11) 21
xvart - (6) 14
yosarian - (6) 13
cobblerfone - (5) 11
populartajo - (5) 10
springlullaby - (5) 10
thad - (5) 9
lady lambadelta - (4) 7
hero - (2) 6
nobody special - (3) 5
magister ludi - (2) 4
seraphim - (1) 3
porochaz - (1) 3
bunnylover - (2) 2
ruadhrgarm - (1) 2
tanarin - (1) 2
batt - (1) 1

People still left to list:

andrius
seraphim
zdenek

Woah there, that seems arbitrary. I didn't list mine in order of preference and if I did it wouldn't be a simple 3/2/1 exercise anyway.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 am

We need to stop this insanity. It's gone to far. What are we doing, the scum's tax returns?

Let's speak no more of ordered lists and carry on with the lynch.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 am

Post by populartajo »

populartajo wrote:
Herodotus wrote:
populartajo wrote:I understand that you think Chrono was recruited?

No, I don't. He's pretty null for me, in fact. I voted him mostly because I wanted to see another wagon.

So you admit that you voted someone when he was null for you.

And your main reason is that because YOU WANTED TO SEE ANOTHER WAGON?

Why arent you looking for RECRUITERS, like people that arent null to you?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Porochaz »

The list does say something clearly though. Which is chronopie is the person in the most top 3's except only 3 people are voting him and not xvart who regardless if you add 1/2/3 to the posts or not is still way behind him. Personally would rather see yos lynch, but I open to looking into chrono at the very least. Im not open to looking at xvart because its turned a game I like into random guessing which is what this bandwagon is.
xvart - 8 (Yosarian2, Seraphim, ThAdmiral, DrippingGoofball, Chronopie, Fritzler, bvoigt, Nobody Special)
=[/quote]
Every single player on this wagon should know better and are not playing at there best. It's like you have all given up because the word scum has changed to cult.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”