DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Total War requires unanimous "Yes" right?
AlmasterGM 1 wrote:[DEFCON 5 Specific Procedures]

During DEFCON 5, players confirm by choosing whether to declare “Total War” or fight conventionally. If ALL players vote to go to Total War, DEFCON 3 and 2 will be skipped; the game will proceed immediately to DEFCON 1 following DEFCON 4. Otherwise, the stages will progress as normal.
I hereby dub MagnaofIllusion NO FUN.

In all seriousness, Magua has pretty much said everything I would (and more <_< ) about the setup from a reviewer's standpoint... not to mention it's kind of a waste of the setup.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Vi »

You CAN'T support Total War at this point.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by Vi »

danakillsu wrote:
I don't support Total War

It's way too confusing on top of being pretty scum-sided, imo.
"Confusing"?

Hinduragi: Taking the coward's way out is new to this game - it's basically the "nuke acceleration" button people were asking for.

Katsuki: tghat;ld not veigy neic :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #88 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Post by Vi »

We need a point now? :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #142 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Vi »

ooba got the value of the Fighter right over Magua's guide. By the end of Day 3 everything worth revealing will probably be public.

Regfan 139 wrote:Also, for those who have mentioned that Eavesedropper was pivitol in the previous editions of this game would you recommend aiming for it in this one?
Some chance of getting coherent message drops is better than no chance. Basically how I see Eavesdrop working is one of the following:
*You have usable content and understand it. Post it when you have enough to justify not getting more.
*You DON'T have etc. etc. You hold it until someone launches a nuke on you and then you spam the thread with it.

If I had a vote it would be stuck to Zhero.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #211 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Vi »

Fate 158 wrote:AV is scum again.
Probably

Ooba is town.
Disagree

SpyreX is town.
Agree

Pooky is town.
what

Hinduragi is town.
what no

Master Luigi is town.
Master Luigi is my hydra partner. Magister Ludi is Town

Magua is SCUMZ and for the nuke furnace.
what no

Vi
lolFate

and RC too.
abstain

FOR THE BLOOD GOD, throw Regfan in there too for lying straight up in thread.
Not seeing this but scum for a different reason

InHim is town.
what
eh

Toogeloo is maybe
more or less

Gamma is town.
Yes
ooba has done even less than usual ITT, plus he tried to swing it so that Total War was mathematically better :?
I have no idea what you're reading in Pooky.
Hinduragi reads as straight-up insincere in all of his posts.
Magua is ridiculously Town.
You're just jealous you can't be me.
RedCoyote has made one post but he didn't post last weekend either. Swap him out for Mina.
Regfan is scum for saying "we should organize our claims" and then not a thing to help it.
Recent events put inHim up to maybe Town.

HezLucky, LLD, Moai, and Zhero all need to stand next to a big red X too.
I don't know what Magua is trying to do but his early posts screamed Town so etc.

inHim - Well excuse me for being pragmatic. The first six pages were boring.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #215 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Vi »

AurorusVox wrote:
Vi wrote:
Fate 158 wrote:AV is scum again.
Probably

Vi wrote:ooba has done even less than usual ITT, plus he tried to swing it so that Total War was mathematically better :?
I have no idea what you're reading in Pooky.
Hinduragi reads as straight-up insincere in all of his posts.
RedCoyote has made one post but he didn't post last weekend either. Swap him out for Mina.
Regfan is scum for saying "we should organize our claims" and then not a thing to help it.
HezLucky, LLD, Moai, and Zhero all need to stand next to a big red X too.
Why am I probably scum again but don't make your list of people that are scummy/need nuking?
I didn't bother repeating where I agreed with Fate.

If that was the best question you could ask then etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #230 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Vi »

Lady Lambdadelta 217 wrote:People who need to hang from the highest tree:

(...)
Gamma
wat

Regfan 220 wrote:
Vi wrote:Regfan is scum for saying "we should organize our claims" and then not a thing to help it.
I'm still attempting to fully grasp the benefits and negatives of each role, I don't think that puts me in any position to lead an organisation.
Magister Ludi wrote: Just allocate four players to first pick each of the roles. According to how this 'works', there is probably only one of the four players scum and so town picks up every power role.
There are a few issues with this, mafia will be able to still organise themselves to recieve a decent amount of powers and they'll know which power is within which group of players.
The issue you're pointing out to Ludi doesn't exist (other players can put the various powers at #1 as well) and it's probably too late to be talking about this anyway.
Less talking, more reads.

---

ooba:
Fair enough on Total War being quantitatively better. Without it, Town gets two kills and scum get three kills.

And what does "less than usual" mean? Compared to MetaMafia where I made 5 big posts on D1? This is pre-game and I've commented on the two issues which are important
- Total War vs Non Total War
- Which troops town should aim for
It's analysis. I'd rather have reads than analysis. (Four out of your six reads are bad, btw.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #238 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Vi »

inHimshallibe 231 wrote:Vi, let's make amends. Lld is scum
I said that before, didn't I?~

You should be dancin'
inHimshallive 232 wrote:, yeah?

I don't really have a problem with Gammagooey trying to defend Defensu Modo because the situation he described in #9 sounded reasonable at the time. It's just that the combination of someone being obvTown enough to get away with it and
consciously choosing ahead of time not to try to nuke someone that Day
is more or less not going to happen. The part about not getting dead'd from tunneling Townies is poorly thought out on a handful of levels, granted.

'Anything else to come from the Lemon Press and Toogs Report?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #256 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Vi »

My reaction to dana's post was closer to (Taylor) Swift Justice's over SpyreX's. Buspostan~

---

ooba: You don't have to tell me that talking about mechanics != Town.

I'm willing to give you gorilla and Pooky (and maybe Toasty; he fell someplace) but SpyreX and Magua, no. Magua definitely talked about mechanics but he basically ran the show about it. SpyreX I'm willing to put a hold on; I don't think I've ever actually played with SpyreX-scum, and apparently from the last game I played with him it's not as easy as "lynch if no hyperbole". :P

---

Mina 253 wrote:Hey, Vi, I have two questions for you:

1) What do you think about Katsuki's plan to nuke anyone who snags Counterintelligence?
2) Have you ever seen ooba as scum? Do you have extensive experience with him as town? (I actually agree with Faraday that ooba tends to post set-up speculation over reads as town, although I've never seen him as scum before).
1. It's actually the best course of action. Town doesn't need it, and there's no sense in keeping it from scum because they'll get found out in due time if they take it. Understandably this will stop scum from taking Counterintelligence, but that just means we don't have to worry about it.
2. I've seen ooba as scum as many times as you have.
With that said, how would you have such a read on ooba's Town meta if you've never seen him as scum?

Mina 254 wrote:That wasn't a confession. :lol:
Mina 253 wrote:Actually, look, it turns out that I
didn't
come up with a legit-sounding gamebreaking plan. Clearly I either wasn't trying very hard, or decided to withhold it to harm the town.

And hey, I'm not interested in mechanics at all this game. I don't care whether you choose Air Base or Fallout Shelter or Counter. I've just announced that I'm going to lurk until DEFCON 3.

Looks like you should be losing your town read of me.
Are you sure?~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #281 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Vi »

danakillsu 259 wrote:
Swift Justice wrote:hey dana is HEZZZZZZZZZZ just a bad townie?
<long waffly response saying nothing except that he's willing to policy kill HezLucky>
DANAKILLSU CONFIRMED FOR
BRAWL
DEATH

Toast 272 wrote:Ya'all need to turn in your roles so I can scumhunt based on something other than set-up plans.
Oh, like a bunch of other people are already doing?

LL Cool D 273 wrote:Inhim is scum for his ISO #4,5 and 11, as I explained earlier.
How is inHim scum for #5?

Hey Screaming Death Clan. Sign your posts; I wanna see which ones are Reck's.~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #287 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Vi »

Lady Lambdadelta 282 wrote:@Vi: That last one was Reck.
I guessed as much.~~

Lady Lambdadelta 283 wrote:Essentially it's a "Here is why Vi is scum, compared to town!Gamma response"

And his very next post is "Oh yeah, Gamma is scum."
I'm not psychotic but I'm pretty sure "scum number 2" was Mina following the context. (Cut: Yes that)

ToastyToast 284 wrote:@Vi: I don't find any cases to be based on sufficient information thus far.
And I find you to be full of butter. (Cut: Yes that)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #375 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:26 am

Post by Vi »

dana 309 - You mean you didn't read my post? :?

---

Mina 308 wrote:So just out of curiosity, what's the difference between town taking Counterintelligence in this game, and town taking Framer in PYP? :igmeou:
Among other things, Pick Your Power doesn't have confirmable "vanilla" roles. (Fake edit: Yes that.)

Mina 308 wrote:
2. I've seen ooba as scum as many times as you have.
With that said, how would you have such a read on ooba's Town meta if you've never seen him as scum?
I have no clue if this is his behaviour as scum--which is why I asked if you'd maybe seen him as scum before. But when I see someone exhibit the same behaviour in every town game, I think it's reasonable to assume that behaviour isn't a scumtell. Why, do you find this out of character for him?
If someone does something in every game, then it's not necessarily a tell. How they go about doing it is a different matter entirely.

Mina 310 wrote:DEFCON 4 sucks, because you can't wagon anyone, and learn more about people's set-up analyzing ability than their alignment.
I don't really agree.

When I first saw Total War in this version of the setup, I thought "Screaming Death Clan bait that will get shot down; basically trades power roles for people able to freely waste each other; waste of a perfectly good setup". The idea of a 2:3 Town:scum kill ratio didn't occur to me.

---

Fate 316 wrote:Vi gets a temporary past for having a TOWN hydra buddy, but Vi still drips scum.
You say that in every game.~ That and CSL hasn't posted.
What's funny about this is I could say something similar about your slot. Give xRx the microphone more.~

---

Magister Ludi 337 wrote:Mina actually makes a good point against swift justice. (about recieving a town read before doing anything) Too often I see scum throwing out town reads in an attempt to 'get in the good books' of town players, making themself a less attractive lynch target.
What about giving scum reads before the player does anything? (i.e. RedCoyote)

Magister Ludi 339 wrote:(Also, Screaming Death, can you stop using caps so much.)
This should be someone's new sig quote.

---

Katsuki 357 wrote:ALSO HURR I WONDER WHERE MOI HAS BEEN THUS FAR THIS GAME (HINT: SCUMQT).
Honestly though MOI is guarenteed scum at this point.
MagnaofIllusion #2 wrote:
@MOD - I'll be V/LA from more or less right now until Monday for my usual Weekend family duties.
There are reasons to consider Moai scum but that's not one of them.

---

At first I thought HezLucky 361 was a jokepost but evidently not :?
HezLucky 370 wrote:You better hope I am scum. Becaues If I'm not, as I said - you're
[AurorusVox]
first
[to experience wrath in future games]
Aside from this being possibly against site rules, you said that this blind hatred would only apply to Townies on your wagon in 361. But
HezLucky 364 wrote:and you're first, scum or not.
watt

On the plus side AV looks quite a bit better after this engagement.

---

@Nuke policy: Look at Dynasty Warriors Mafia and guess what my policy on nuking is. It's even better than in that game because they can be recalled.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #392 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Vi »

xRx 376 wrote:OH HO HO VI YOU WANNA TANGO?
I'VE BEEN TAKIN' LESSONS
They evidently weren't good lessons.~

Magua 378 wrote:HezLucky is either scum, or the best reason why going to Total War D1 is a bad idea.
But which one is more likely?

HezLucky 380 wrote:But everything about me being angry still stands.
I don't think anyone contested that.

AlmasterGM 385 wrote:Internet Stranger replaces Zhero. Thanks!
Scum replacement.

No comment on Fate 387.

Magister Ludi 389 wrote:Vi: "What about giving scum reads
before the player does anything? (i.e. RedCoyote)
"

I don't understand what you mean.
Redcoyote hasn't said anything
so far.
The bolded matches up. RedCoyote is being considered for death in spite of/because of the bolded. Your opinion.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #400 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Vi »

Magister Ludi 393 wrote:When was this? (Can you link it?)
Screaming Death Clan 158 and 159
Gammagooey 198
Lady Lambdadelta 217

Fate, I think you already know "seriously ONE, game where this has beenn true". That's all.

xRx 398 wrote:I THINK THEY WERE~
I'M A LEVEL 3 INTERMEDIATE~
I THINK PUTTING TILDES ON EVERYTHING MAKES THEM MORE POWERFUL~~~~~~~
YES. The tildes are spreading.

Not at all. Posts #8 and #21 are imitation Screaming Death.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #402 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Vi »

Vi #10 wrote:
danakillsu 259 wrote:
Swift Justice wrote:hey dana is HEZZZZZZZZZZ just a bad townie?
<
l
o
n
g
w
a
f
f
l
y
r
e
s
p
o
n
s
e
s
a
y
i
n
g
n
o
t
h
i
n
g
e
x
c
e
p
t
t
h
a
t
h
e
'
s
w
i
l
l
i
n
g
t
o
p
o
l
i
c
y
k
i
l
l
H
e
z
L
u
c
k
y
>
DANAKILLSU CONFIRMED FOR
BRAWL
DEATH
Etc.?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #405 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Vi »

We'll come back to it later then.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #431 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Vi »

danakillsu 410:
dku #4 wrote:I can't be 100% sure already of what hez's alignment is, but I'm sure that with that playstyle, hez is not going to be catching scum during the day, but rather throwing everyone else off. I'm not even saying I'm going to lynch hez right away, although I might. I'm just saying that hez is not getting to any lylo, 3-way or otherwise, and I wouldn't mind being involved in that.
You made no definite statements about HezLucky's alignment. All you said was that you were interested in policy killing him.

This is basic reading comprehension here.

---

Mina, what is 421 supposed to be?

---

*RedCoyote on ending Total War discussion - It's really not. The interesting part of the game is right here.
*Everything public on Day 3 - I said "everything worth revealing".
*Hinduragi -
Hinduragi #0 wrote:I was going to post 3 hours ago but MS died on me before I could. Anyways, I just saved the post I had typed up.

AGM wrote:If you are being targeted with a nuclear missile, you may post I do not wish to die a painful radioactive death in the thread.
Was this in Defcon 2? If so, did anyone use it? It seems like the wimp's way out.

Someone fill me in on what the scum draft lists looked like in Defcon 2. Some of the lower half of the ability list were added on since Defcon 1 so I don't know how they affect what scum wanted. Also, good idea to try to steal abilities from them? Y/N?

Total War is tempting if I go Silo but I don't think I'm rolling that way so no to Total War.
Weak question, sinister question (repeated until #3), dissatisfying conclusion long after the Total War decision was made.

Hinduragi #4 wrote:You guys can keep up your shenanigans about what to keep out of scum hands. I've already figured out what I want so I'm just waiting on Defcon 4. I know this has been stated but, to put it clearly, you have an option as Submarine to nuke publically or privately from what I understand.

I want to propose an idea. Say you go for Fail Safe because it's a fun role and everyone wants a fun role. Should you claim it as soon as Defcon 1 lands down?
First paragraph reads from scum. The commentary on Fail Safe is sketchy in itself, never mind that it was founded on ill premises; it and the Counterintelligence commentary in #5 and #6 suggests that Hinduragi was trying for both of them. It looks like he's trying to find what he can pick safely.

*Magua's
Native American slave
lynch trading - I'm fairly sure I mentioned it before. It looks horrible but I don't think it's enough to count out what he had done up to that point.
*ToastyToast - Why is it that I can only see you saying bad things in your wall to ToastyToast but you have him down as one of your solid Town reads?

Another xRx post, more dead-end taunting and self-aggrandizing, etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #490 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Vi »

SDC 433 wrote:Vi, it doesn't bother you that RedCoyote is saying ooba will be his #1 town read if he puts air base at #1?

Please explain to me the townie logic behind that.
What makes you think I care if you get trolled?
And is it just me or did you say "so you can think we're not Town BUT WE'RE TOWN" in the second part of that post?

xRx 448 wrote:Magua (European Troll, Nuke Silo) - Kicked out of MoHo Day 1.
Magua 449 wrote:Trolls are self aligned.
orly

Katsuki 489 wrote:Also to all you jokers out there, you guys do realize that SDC, by taking airbase, are already SIGNING A PACT TO DIE before MYLO right? They themselves have offered to die before then. I don't see scum doing this, MEANING THEY ARE TOWN.
In a game with multiple daykills, when is MyLo?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #516 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Katsuki 497 wrote:
Vi wrote:In a game with multiple daykills, when is MyLo?
You're so funny Vi.

Good thing we know how many Euroscum are out there eh?
If that were the issue, I wouldn't have mentioned the multiple daykills.

xRx 499 wrote:stop being cheeky you know damn well what we meant
That was my answer. It's like saying "Faraday you'll be my #1 Townie if you record yourself singing 'Teenage Dream'".

...wait, that would actually work. Bad example. But you get the idea.

Mina 501 wrote:1) Vi still bothers me, but my case can be summarized as *twitch*. Hey, Vi, just curious, what are those other reasons you find MoI scum beyond his V/LA?
I never said Moai was scum for V/LA. All of his posting up until then was weak.
I haven't actually paid attention to him since he came back. I need to re-organize my reads.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #591 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Vi »

Mina 518 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Mina 501 wrote:1) Vi still bothers me, but my case can be summarized as *twitch*. Hey, Vi, just curious, what are those other reasons you find MoI scum beyond his V/LA?
I never said Moai was scum for V/LA.
All of his posting up until then was weak.

I haven't actually paid attention to him since he came back. I need to re-organize my reads.
Um...maybe you completely missed what I was getting at. I'm on a phone and in proximity to Faraday, so I can't find the exact quote...but you'd said something along the lines of, "There are other reasons to find MoI scummy, but his inactivity is a null tell because of his V/LA." So I'm asking what those other reasons are.
ITT, you don't read my posts. Also on this subject, Moai 561 reads as "easy".

HezLucky 556 wrote:Do you want to lynch scum or do you want to lynch anti-town
[HezLucky]
?
:?

Mina 559 wrote:VOTE: AurorusVox

FOS: Anyone voting for someone other than AurorusVox

It is incredible how easy he is to read.
You'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

Mina 564 wrote:And Vi, can you please give one genuine emotional reaction to anything? It really is amazing. You keep being all protown and asking questions and giving reads...but you just look so damn insincere doing it. It throws me off.
No for a multitude of reasons, the top ones being this.
1) I'm already at a peak of being jaded and cynical right now due to events online and off.
2) In the rare times I do become emotional, it's almost always because I actively hate someone onsite. Not only is this unpleasant to experience but it carries over IRL as well. Mafia literally has been bad for my health.
3) Nobody has made me come to actively hate them (in this game) yet.

---

Vote: Internet Stranger
(L-11)
because Zhero was a B4574rD and I put more faith in that than the HezLucky and AurorusVox wagons.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #598 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Vi »

ToastyToast 592 wrote:I am liking Mina a lot now. In Defcon 5 and 4 she was really only half-present, but she's taken a very convincing stance on AV
w^
*notices 573 for first time*
I'll look at it elsewhen.

Toast 592 wrote:PEDIT: I hope that isn't your real reason for voting IS, Vi
Mmmyesitis.

Magua 595 wrote:As to your IS vote: I can see voting IS for something that Zhero did, but I don't get the link between Zhero and Bastard Bros.
B4574rD Br05 came under fire and replaced out of a high-pressure game without warning. His replacement did nothing to look better.

Now let's swap that name out for Zhero and see if those two sentences still make sense.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #611 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Vi »

Magua 605 wrote:
Vi wrote:B4574rD Br05 came under fire and replaced out of a high-pressure game without warning. His replacement did nothing to look better.

Now let's swap that name out for Zhero and see if those two sentences still make sense.
1) Zhero's posts were crap, but Zhero was never under fire. To the best of my knowledge, no one even threatened to nuke him.

2) Town replace out too.

So, no. Not seeing it.
No kidding no one threatened to nuke him; he replaced out in like the beginning of DEFCON 4.
On the other hand, I called him out from my first post and certainly no one has DENIED his posts were bad.

Sure Townies replace out; they usually say something publicly about why.

AV 606 wrote:Vi (potentially, as she's buddied/white knighted me very successfully in the past)
I say you look better as a result of you vs. HezLucky and as a result I'm buddying/WKing you?
Pardonnez moi?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #628 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Vi »

Re: CSL - AlmasterGM asked that there only be one account posting in the thread at a time. We agreed it would be me. Yes, I registered our hydra before the game began. No, it still hasn't been activated yet.

Re: "My last post to Mina" - That's terribly vague.
Re: "the beginnings of buddying/WKing you" - Don't worry, that's the last of it.

AV 613 wrote:@Mina: in SAIII where I was town, I drew a lot of early heat on D1, from Scum SpyreX and SK-hopeful-MoI, in particular. You read me as town then. I'm seeing parallels to that game...but no Mina townread? This upsets me.

Or was it Faraday that read me as town then?
:?

---

Also, I am of the opinion that Internet Stranger must be lynched.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #666 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:23 am

Post by Vi »

AurorusVox 629 wrote:@Vi;
Vi wrote:
Mina 559 wrote:VOTE: AurorusVox

FOS: Anyone voting for someone other than AurorusVox

It is incredible how easy he is to read.
You'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.
I have a lesser scumread on you, but I
also
have one on Mina. With you as the popular wagon I'm not going to take her word for it.

I noticed Mina's 573 but it and 575 didn't tell me a lot.

---

HezLucky 622 wrote:Gamma read the other half of my ISO in Open 302.

If you STILL think I'm scum you're just pathetic.
Townpost.

---

Gammagooey 639 wrote:
Towntowntown

Mina
No.

Gammagooey 642 wrote:And oh yeah YOU
[Moai]
. You're leaning town.
Also no.

---

IS 647 wrote:
[referring to Vi]
For someone that is supposed to be the MafiaScum equivalent of Superman, hell the entire Justice League,
This is certainly the first time I've been exalted THIS much :?
Particularly since when I was "growing up" that was YOUR name in the superhero slot, at least according to the wiki and Yos2.

IS 647 wrote:He suddenly finds scum on two useless posts from Zhero and then his disappearance (Which is really a blessing since you now have me to find the Euroscum)? Really?
Yes actually. I'll leave the "weak newbie reasoning" line alone.

*IS skims thread*
*IS sees "white knight" and "Vi" in same sentence*
IS 647 wrote:On top of that, Vi is trying to act like a White Knight. All those White Knight fuckers need to die. White Knights are always scum.
yeah okay
Maybe AV
should
die for starting this WK garbage.

SpyreX 649 wrote:You gonna call Vi out on that but I get a free pass considering I wanted Zhero dead from the getout?
Nobody messes with the Sa-Matra.

---

Magister Ludi 657 wrote:Ze feelink ees lahk a fahn cup ov hoht choc-o-laat az ze zhentle pitter patter ov rain
[etc.]
Fixed?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #706 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Vi »

Internet Stranger 671 wrote:So let me get this straight.

I note everyone thats trying to simply put lists out there and expecting everyone to follow it as if they were the UN or some sort of useless puppet authority figure that us rightful Americans dont care about.

I note that SpyreX is doing this
I point out that Ooba is doing this
I call out Vi for crapass reasoning and his silly vote

SpyreX plays the distance game from Vi
Ooba jumps on the attack.

How peculiar is it that I mentioned them? Its like the roaches scurrying as soon as I turned the light onto them.
So let me get this straight.

You bring up accusations against a bunch of people for some crappy reasoning that makes me :? about your definition of "crapass reasoning".
People respond to you.
These people are now scrambling roaches.

I'm overusing :? , so how about another "yeah okay".

---

RedCoyote 676 wrote:We need to lynch
either
AV, dana, ML, Pooky, or SDC today.
In that order.
You might be Euroscum, because English doesn't seem to be your first language. :P

As usual, your commentary bites. Particularly this.
RedCoyote 676 wrote:This is a horrible vote. Not because of the OMGUS, which makes no difference, but because there is no groundswell for a Vi lynch. Vi is not going to be lynched. Likewise, Vi voting you was just as bad (actually it was probably a little worse) for the same reasons.
1) What makes you think IS isn't getting lynched Today?
2) What makes you think there's no "grounding" for an IS lynch?
3) Are you implying that we should stick to the AV and Hez
bollah
Lucky wagons because they're there?
4) Do you have any alignment reads on either of us? (context clues suggest you're favoring IS)

SDC 678 is more awesome RECKscum posting. RECK is nothing if not transparent.

Moai 679 wrote:Count me in with the group of players who see Vi’s play and think it is suspicious. She’s responding to players and throwing out the occasional soft suspicion but not really working solidly at all to push any of her suspects.
There are a bunch of people I'd love to see dead. IS, SDC, you, LLD, Hinduragi, AV, Mina, Swift Justice, etc. etc. etc.
The person I most believe is scum is IS for reasons stated before.
I only get one vote.

Sure, I COULD jump the AV wagon because it's largest and he's one of the people listed above, but I'm more confident in IS and my vote isn't wasted on him.

RedCoyote 683 wrote:You know what?

Unvote; vote: danakillsu

Either dana or AV would make wonderful lynches, but I'd rather try and prop this wagon up some as the main competitor to the AV wagon (as opposed to the Hez wagon).

@Everyone: If we could make the first lynch a competition between dana and AV, I think we'd be off to such a good start. Both of these lynches are based on very solid ground at this point. Hez, well, not so much.
How about no? You can go on the list from earlier too.
RedCoyote 691 wrote:And every lynch would always benefit from a competitor wagon. Later in the game, after flips have occurred, we can look to these "either or" decisions through the context of VCA.
By "either or" you presumably mean "an okay decision and a relatively poor decision".
RedCoyote 696 wrote:Although I do think they are both scum, I'm realistic enough to think that that would, statistically speaking, be extremely improbable.

That being said, even if it were the case, wagonning two scum on the first day sounds like a good problem to have.
"This is highly improbable BUT WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF IT WERE TRUE?"

RedCoyote 704 wrote:My intention is not to derail the AV wagon but to prop up the dana wagon.
...which is a bad idea on its own.

I'll tell you what, I'll take your advice.
Unvote: Internet Stranger
Vote: RedCoyote
(L-8 I think)
It physically hurts to pull my vote off IS.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #710 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Vi »

MagnaofIllusion 709 wrote:
Vi wrote:There are a bunch of people I'd love to see dead. IS, SDC, you, LLD, Hinduragi, AV, Mina, Swift Justice, etc. etc. etc..
And yet I’ve seen pretty much no reasoning other than ‘Vi thinks so’ on a number of these. Yeh, I’ve seen you say things like “There are many reasons to hang PlayerX” and proceed not to say anything about those reasons.

Then you proceed to attack IS for ‘bringing up accusations against a bunch of people for some crappy reasoning”. Replace ‘crappy’ with ‘non-existent’ and you’ve pretty much summed up what I see you as doing.
Before I forget, who is in this group of people who think I'm scummy? I remember you and maybe one other person.

I don't want to completely clutter my posts with quotes and criticisms. It takes too long and I wouldn't want to read it either.
So you're on. Who do you want a TMI for?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #718 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Vi »

inHimshallibe 711 wrote:Vi, gimme one on Faraday/Equinox.
Faraday didn't say anything until he started defending the idea of Mina being Town due to even THINKING about breaking the game, which is a bit shallow but more to the point seems like a token set of :words: to contrast with a sea of miscellaneous nothing.

Post #10 regarding ooba-Town is fairly thoughtful considering he brought Encore Mafia up so that's a counterpoint.

Post #14 playing gorilla off Regfan is also fairly thoughtful but I can't assign a motive to it.

Post #21 is somewhat concerning because of this line.
Faraday #21 wrote:i trust myself completely to read anyone accurately. i mean sure if i consistently read you
[Mina]
wrong you might have a point...but I don't, and you don't.
...digging for Town credit from Mina.

Everything not mentioned here basically says nothing. Equinox hasn't said anything worth bringing up.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #723 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Vi »

I can't understand a word you're saying in 720 or the post before it, SpyreX.
If you're asking about the lack of Swift Justice face ownage, that's because they haven't said anything, to cause me to own their face or otherwise. I'm putting them down as an "nuke depository" and moving on.

I also don't see what Socio's point is in 715.
So nothing then.
dana 714 wrote:Are you guys so sure that town RC would make a ton more sense than this?
Very much so.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #725 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Vi »

Equinox 724 wrote:Faraday's thinking on this was that early setup speculation from Mina was a weak town tell; furthermore, he doubted that Mina-scum would want to face the scrutiny of having to come up with a pro-town-looking plan and then following through with it.
I noticed.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #727 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Vi »

Vi 725 wrote:
Equinox 724 wrote:Faraday's thinking on this was that early setup speculation from Mina was a weak town tell; furthermore, he doubted that Mina-scum would want to face the scrutiny of having to come up with a pro-town-looking plan and then following through with it.
I noticed.
Okay that was vague so etc.
Vi ### wrote:Faraday didn't say anything until he started defending the idea of Mina being Town due to even THINKING about breaking the game, which is a bit shallow but
more to the point seems like a token set of :words: to contrast with a sea of miscellaneous nothing

---

SpyreX 726 wrote:I understood RC's thought process and, aside from switching votes off someone he thinks is scum, don't find it all that crazy.
I do. Trying to force an artificial competing wagon is doomed to failure at best and a deflection at worst. Now consider that the attempt came from someone who JUST TOLD ME to take my vote off someone who had "no groundswell" to be lynched.

SpyreX 726 wrote:When you said TMI I expected a wall of death not a little poke.
When I said TMI I didn't expect to do it on a relatively minor scumread.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #729 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 728 wrote:I dig. Can I get a TMI on a larger suspect for giggles?
This is the single most "wrong" thing you have ever posted.

Which one?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #741 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 730 wrote:Wellll when SDC is yelling for your blood and he's town as all getout I get paranoid and want to quell those feelings and watching you in your element does it.
Except for the part about how SDC isn't Town at all.

SpyreX 730 wrote:Actually ML or Pooky would be REALLY interesting for me to see.
I thought Magister Ludi was very Town some time ago due to his opening post. Reading him in isolation, he hasn't really done much lately, but I'm willing to give him a chance. The only thing that stands out as suspect is how he didn't understand this post--
Magister Ludi #18 wrote:Vi: "What about giving scum reads before the player does anything? (i.e. RedCoyote)"

I don't understand what you mean. Redcoyote hasn't said anything so far. Do you mean another player?
--and went to voting RedCoyote without much reasoning yesterday. Even so, I don't think anything should be done with Ludi for the time being.

Someday I'll go back and read Pooky's posts for the entertainment value but to be quite honest I'm only skimming IS and Pooky's posts unless I see someone's name in them. He's the poster bear for nukebait.

I thought you were going to ask me about the people I had scumreads on :?

Toogs 736 wrote:Not a single person has even commented on my opinion of SocioPath since I voted him? Is he not worth people's time, and my opinion mean very little, to at least comment on the case I posted?

His content is still fluffy. There is nothing there, and I imagine we won't see him again with anything remarkable for some time.
:sociopath:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #841 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Vi »

I hate making these kinds of posts.

Spoiler: Have I mentioned my fluffy sienna fur recently?
Gammagooey 753 wrote:Vi why is MoI scum cause I don't see it.
*A lot of Moai's posts are useless - his "pregame" posts (the first four), the Air Base commentary, etc.
*His attempt to attack Magister Ludi is bad. Here's his response to ML's plan to nuke the worst lurker:
Moai #13 wrote:So before any actual voting / live Day scum-hunting goes on that might shape your theortical opinion on who is scum you’ve already decided who you would Nuke? And have phrased it is such a way that you aren’t even targeting a specific player but someone who meets and arbitrary guideline?

Gotcha. Scummy.
Ignoring that ML is generally
correct
that scum are more likely to lurk and that both of us (me and ML) just got out of a game that proved it, and the tacked-on last line, let's apply some fair and balanced journalism here.
Moai #4 wrote:Players on my Theoretical Nuke List – Anyone who plays deliberately in a scummy manner and wants to defend such with “Only Town would act this scummy” or any sort of Meta.
The
tu quoque
is strong in this one.
*I've asked him to back up his remark that there's a bandwagon of people who see me as scummy and asked him about who he wants to know my read on, and I haven't heard any response yet. Or would those answers get in the way of his rhetoric?
*It's strange that he's saying I'm not doing anything to push my suspects, because that's pretty much what he's doing for most of his posts.
*Moai #22 just reads horribly on an intuitive level. "He's acting like scum. He's not going to be lynched for it because other people like him. We should just nuke him." The message is fine - "SocioPath is going to act scummy, he's not going to get lynched, he's nukebait" - but the way it's phrased, particularly the "people aren't going to lynch him because he's SocioPath" seems either unusually bitter or like it's making excuses.

Your turn, GammaG. Why do you have a Town read on Moai? And I'm partly willing to ask because of this somewhat unrelated quote.
SDC 463 wrote:The fuck's your point? You're
[Moai]
calling me scum AGAIN this game and you are WRONGAGAIN.
Notice that SDC (Fate) seems to be assuming Moai-Town.

---

On Screaming Death Clan-scum: I don't even care about the Air Base stuff. What matters is that the RECKposts in the hydra are 100% artificial. Look for yourself; start at #21 and read down. Stop when you hit anything that isn't fluff/posturing or until you get to #36. Consider the logic behind #36 (aka "scumhunting by who did what I wanted") and then keep going until Fate came back at #46. He's scum she's scum they're scum AV wagon is sexy VOTE AV he's Town have I mentioned recently how obvTown we are? This is not the fascist plague of pestilence I was expecting from a slot called Screaming Death Clan featuring someone who famously turned the lights out on Tarot Mafia and Psychic Mafia.

---

inHim, can you explain 772 for me? It seems like you're trying to shush the (attempted) LLD wagon.

---

IS 774 wrote:RC is someone that I have named as suspicious. Although Vi isn't beyond reproach, I will probably have to dispatch that Euro scumbag via a good ol' fashioned American nuking than though a consentual lynching.

unvote; Vi
Vote: Red Coyote
Good to see we've made up with each other? :? This post feels weird for reasons that are probably obvious.

SDC 778 wrote:Vi has RE-claimed scum, and its not cute anymore.
I'll ridicule you later for the first half of this, but what do you mean I'm not cute?

---

SpyreX 791 wrote:Aaaaaarrghh FINE.

Give me a nail and I'll be the hammer.

When Hez
does something reaaaly stupid
in the near future you will hear my lack of surprise echo across the universe.
what
You've been pushing HezLucky as a policy lynch AND scum, which is :?ish by itself. Now you're more concerned about HEZZZZZZZNUKER doing something stupid instead of, say, flipping scum?

Toogs 796 wrote:I liked RC before DEFCON 3,
RedCoyote didn't say anything before DEFCON 3.

---

Toastpost 799 trips a personal scumtell, but on the other hand
Toast 799 wrote:The only noticeable difference I see in AV’s scum meta as opposed to town meta (this is from skimming) is post length. As town, he tends to be more descriptive and spend more time making wall posts. As scum, the posts average to be around two paragraphs. That’s same length is being utilized in this game.
...this sounds nothing like the Toast I know. How many games have you played with AurorusVox, Toasty?

---

LLD 826 wrote:I'm particularly wary of the people who go around toting the "American rage" thing.

It seems genuine coming from some players, but others seem to be trying to use it as a distraction.
Humor me. Who is the "American rage" shtick "seeming genuine" from?

tl;dr, stealing from Equinox
Town: Katsuki, Magister Ludi, HezLucky, Gammagooey
Maybe Town: SpyreX, inHimshallibe, ooba, Magua
Land of Nulldom: ToastyToast, Toogeloo, AurorusVox, Swift Justice, danakillsu
Maybe Scum: Hinduragi, Regfan, MagnaofIllusion, Mina, RedCoyote
Scum: Lady Lambdadelta, Screaming Death Clan, Internet Stranger
In Limbo: PookyTheMagicalBear, SocioPath

RedCoyote's not my top read but I don't think I've ever seen him screw up so badly, and beating a hasty retreat from the thread probably cements what everyone's thinking.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1018 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Vi »

The original intent was to put together something reasonably comprehensive, but
Hinduragi 960 wrote:CSL needs to provide reasoning. I'd like to hear from that side of the hydra rather than Vi.
Regfan 1007 wrote:Finally an apperance from CSL in Post #943, what are your current reads of everyone in the game (I don't want to know Vi's opinions just yours)
if nobody wants it, whatever.

---

Moai 868 - I'm not going to bother with Magister Ludi's plan, as you've picked it to pieces with the preconceived notion that scum actually care what one person with a nuke thinks during DEFCON 4.

I don't have time or patience to go about with a case on EVERYONE, simply enough. That's not going to change.

I don't care about SocioPath. He'll get sorted out eventually by someone who does.

---

HezLucky 975 wrote:Remember everyone tomorrow we get nukes! You can satisfy your dumb agendas then. We have scum to lynch.
This.

Speaking frankly, this slot's previous vote on AurorusVox made me do one of those deep sighs that hurt my back. With that said, I'm not at all inclined to change it, especially as every time AV says "White Knight" I reflexively want to lynch him. The only thing that makes the AurorusVox wagon unappealing is that Moai-probscum is pushing it.

The gorilla lynch is so stupid it's unbelievable, started with transparently bad reasons and pushed by scum. The entire runaround for SK-lynching is scummy on principle and the people who are talking about preferring one kind of lynch over the other should be unlifed accordingly.

The attacks on SocioPath are groundless and (bluntly) retarded, as well as pushed by scum.

HezLucky is still Town and has been for a while. I think Toasty is Town too.

Gammgooey lost an armful of Town credit for talking out of both sides of his mouth re: the AurorusVox lynch. You've acknowledged at length that there's no reason not to vote him and your preferred lynch is a long shot; why are you avoiding the wagon?

Swift Justice dropped right off the radar; everything else is about the same as it was before.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3771 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Vi »

For posterity.

Spoiler: Translation of encrypted messages
Message 108 (real): If I die, Death Clan prob. Terrorist (end message)

Message 109 (fake): Yay, I got my first choice

Message 110 (fake): STFU. We don't need to be talking now.

Post 115 (real): If you bus me you lose one free nuke; I only need to survive one more Day.

Post 116 (fake): It's not like we aren't posting anything!

Post 121: Who should I nuke as I go down?

Post 124 is not encoded.

Post 125: First group claimed no nuke
Second group claimed nuke
Third group is everyone else
Current kill is okay but aim for someone in the third group

Post 126: I still can't read the posts like 118.

Post 132 (fake) (enciphered by shifting letters forward by one) - You're really bad at eavesdropping...

Post 133 - "Change the keyword to the second one we agreed on."

Post 134 (fake) - -IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU HAVE NO LIFE- also f u lld

Post 135 (real) - Last chance for who we should nuke. Right now would pick X (Swift Justice).

Post 142 is fake and the opening lines of "Let's Groove" by Earth, Wind, and Fire. Look at every other letter.

Post 143 is also fake and says "This message doesn't say anything useful, sorry."

As for the game... well, etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3776 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Vi »

CSL, who is "we"?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3780 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Vi »

I don't think you understand what I'm saying, CSL. You should be counting this as a loss regardless of whether Pooky got modkilled.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3832 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:ETC

ETC

WHA

ETC
:ohdear:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”