Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Katsuki »

Unvote, Vote: Yos

BY THE BY, I DOUBT ANY OF THE PLAYERS WHO REPLACED OUT TODAY GOT RECRUITED, SO THEY'RE NOT UP FOR ROPE TODAY, AND PROBABLY ARE POOR CHOICES FOR VIG'ING TONIGHT ANYWAYS.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Battousai wrote:bv- Tell me why, absent of deadline, why xvart is the best lynch choice (out of everyone). The reason being is that tomorrow, all scum have to do is say "Duh, we needed a lynch so I had to vote!"

xvart isn't the best lynch choice; Cobbler is, but he isn't going to be lynched today. And scum can say that because they really were doing the pro-town thing.

As for why I prefer xvart: when DGB voted him early in the game, he misrepped her case in ISO #4, saying that it was based on a timestamp when he knew it wasn't. Then, he voted Cobblerfone in ISO #8, and was still suspicious in ISO #21. But Cobbler was nowhere to be found in his list of top 3 suspects. In fact, he wasn't even on xvart's vig list in ISO #29.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Battousai »

I don't understand the whole mentality this game that, we must lynch today. We have a 2/total players chance of eliminating a CR. That is very, very small. Add to the fact the lack of buddying, and associative tells, we stand worser than random chance of correctly lynching. If we mislynch, then we gain no information. None. Maybe a bit of "Confirmed town thought x was scummy for y reason," but still, I trust my own scumtells than someone who was thought scummy enough to get lynched. If we no lynch, via not reaching majority lynch, we still gain the night information of vig kills and any other town PRs. Yes, tomorrow will be similar to today, but that is regardless of whether we get a lynch through. I believe everyone should just be willing to lynch their biggest suspect or at least their second or possibly third biggest, not someone because they have the best chance of lynch. That is asinine. You are all still in the mindset of lynch > no lynch D1. That's true, in most circumstances. It's not applicable here when there is only 1 scum on each side, and we know they won't be killing town today (they need to have at least 2 scum on their side for safety), so what we gain are the town PR information and a teammate for the scum to better our chances. The only reason to lynch is if you are really do believe that the person lynched has a great, great, chance at flipping scum.

Anyone who switches to xvart (or anyone else) because they want a lynch and not because they think they have a high chance at flipping scum, will be scummy and will waste town power on themselves, because it is scummy. Not pro-town.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Porochaz »

But... we immediately destroy one of the cults if we hit. Surely thats worth having a go?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by xvart »

bvoigt, 1151 wrote:As for why I prefer xvart: when DGB voted him early in the game, he misrepped her case in ISO #4, saying that it was based on a timestamp when he knew it wasn't.
Then, he voted Cobblerfone in ISO #8, and was still suspicious in ISO #21
. But Cobbler was nowhere to be found in his list of top 3 suspects. In fact, he wasn't even on xvart's vig list in ISO #29

You are bringing this up again? I clearly explained this when you brought it up 38 pages ago? Even if it wasn't obvious at the time (which it should have been) my follow up explanation is perfectly reasonable: DGB narrowed a pool to people likely to be recruited and selected me
because of a timestamp
. If you didn't buy my explanation or see the fundamental reasoning behind my comment when I responded way back when why did you hold onto until a day before the deadline.
Taken out of context. I now believe Cobbler is who he claims to be. The progression of his questioning me, withholding his vote, and then when I voted for him it made him believe that our job titles were not the same, thus him being unrecruitable.
See above.

For someone who hasn't said much at all the entire game you sure waited until the last minute to bust out the big accusations.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Herodotus wrote:VOTE: Yosarian2

Sheeping attacks on xvart, Cobbler, and Ludi.

Wrong on all three counts. None of those were "sheeping", unless "sheeping" means "any time anyone attacks anyone that anyone else has ever attacked".

The attack on Cobbler is particularly suspicious because Cobbler claims to be a town PR that cult can't recruit to serve their purposes.

Yes, it's a completely unconfirmable claim that town are very reluctant to lynch. That's why it's a great scum claim.

That being said, you'll notice I never actually voted him at any point today, because I'm uncomfortable with the risk that he might be telling the truth.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battousai: Besides the huge possible gain of hitting, there's just the fact that in a cult game, no-lynching brings the cult towards a town loss much faster then in a game with a killing scum group. No-lynching is betting on the idea that town power roles are stronger then scum power roles...and in a game with 2 (!) recruiting scum groups, that's pretty much impossible.

Also, why do you say "a worse then random chance of lynching scum"? If there's only 1 scum in each group, then no scum will have any buddies defending him, so surely at worst we have a random chance of lynching scum, and better if we use our brains at all.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thirteenth Vote Count of Day One:

xvart - 8 (Yosarian2, ThAdmiral, DrippingGoofball, Chronopie, Fritzler, Nobody Special, bvoigt, Lady Lambdadelta)
Chronopie - 5 (Andrius, xvart, Cobblerfone, Seraphim, Magister Ludi)
Yosarian2 - 3 (Porochaz, Herodotus, Katsuki)
populartajo - 2 (ooba, Battousai)
ThAdmiral - 2 (Dry-fit, Tanarin)
Tanarin - 2 (populartajo, springlullaby)
Cobblerfone - 1 (Flameaxe)
Magister Ludi - 1 (Bunnylover)

Not Voting: Zdenek

With 25 voters, it will take 13 to lynch. Nightfall will occur no later than the end of June 14th, server time.
Retired as of October 2014.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

xvart wrote:I will wear this lynch as a badge of honor.

That's the spirit!

Seriously though without being condescending that is a really good attitude.

To all the people saying they would prefer a no-lynch:
Porochaz wrote:But... we immediately destroy one of the cults if we hit. Surely thats worth having a go?

^this.
Yes it's a long shot, but it's worth it.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by xvart »

Katsuki, 1150 wrote:

BY THE BY, I DOUBT ANY OF THE PLAYERS WHO REPLACED OUT TODAY GOT RECRUITED, SO THEY'RE NOT UP FOR ROPE TODAY, AND PROBABLY ARE POOR CHOICES FOR VIG'ING TONIGHT ANYWAYS.

You know, using all caps for one sentence doesn't actually make you look like you are sooo passionate or so invested in what you are saying considering you haven't done anything all game.

I think the most frustrating part of all of this is all the clowns in this game sitting around hoping to get recruited and not playing to their current win condition.

players to vig N1
People playing as expected of recruited scum:

• Chronopie
  • ThAdmiral
  • NobodySpecial
  • SpringLullaby
  • Katsuki
  • Battousai
  • Dry-Fit
  • Seraphim
  • Zdnek
  • bvoigt

Andy - I expect you to know what to do tomorrow.

Since there has been no logical or reasonable argument for waiting to vig if anyone claims vig and hasn't shot then that person is a) recruited; b) waiting to be recruited and should be lynched without mercy. Also, from a recruiter standpoint you would want to recruit someone who isn't likely to get lynched or be seen as someone who would likely be recruited. Then, once you are out of the risk river of losing D1, you would go for the smart, capable people who can help craft the game state in your teams favor N1.
I only read quote walls.

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

This xvart lynch is still horrible. His posts all read as very town to me.

Vigilante TargetsThose under 1 post a day:

Dry-fit
Tanarin
Seraphim
Bunnylover

1.3 and under, but at least 1:
Andrius
Chrono
Katsuki
Zdenek
ooba

If you are a vig, do not withold your shots. Unleash them tonight on these lurkers and low volume posters. These people aren't playing to help town, and there is an outside possibility one is a scum recruit lurking through the day. The 1 to 1.3 group probably is where shots should go.

Votes Needing to be Changedpopulartajo - 2 (ooba, Battousai)
ThAdmiral - 2 (Dry-fit, Tanarin)
Tanarin - 2 (populartajo, springlullaby)
Cobblerfone - 1 (Flameaxe)
Magister Ludi - 1 (Bunnylover)

Not Voting: Zdenek

Unless one of these wagons catches fire in the next Day, you need to change your vote. Your vote is being wasted.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Also, basically all the players I think are suspicious or semi-suspicious are inhabiting the xvart wagon: Yos2, Chrono, ThAd, and the rest don't give me warm feelings either. (ex. NS or bvoigt)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I think Yos fits the profile of experienced and not likely to be lynched. Therefore:

Unvote

Vote: Yosarian2

I also think xvart could fit this profile, but Yos fit much better. Skin-tight, if you will.

I could certainly be persuaded to switch to Chrono.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by Katsuki »

xvart wrote:
Katsuki, 1150 wrote:

You know, using all caps for one sentence doesn't actually make you look like you are sooo passionate or so invested in what you are saying considering you haven't done anything all game.

Anything else you wanna say?

xvart wrote:I think the most frustrating part of all of this is all the clowns in this game sitting around hoping to get recruited and not playing to their current win condition.

I'm starting to see why people have been calling for your neck.

xvart wrote:
players to vig N1
People playing as expected of recruited scum:

• Chronopie
  • ThAdmiral
  • NobodySpecial
  • SpringLullaby
  • Katsuki
  • Battousai
  • Dry-Fit
  • Seraphim
  • Zdnek
  • bvoigt

Andy - I expect you to know what to do tomorrow.

Since there has been no logical or reasonable argument for waiting to vig if anyone claims vig and hasn't shot then that person is a) recruited; b) waiting to be recruited and should be lynched without mercy. Also, from a recruiter standpoint you would want to recruit someone who isn't likely to get lynched or be seen as someone who would likely be recruited. Then, once you are out of the risk river of losing D1, you would go for the smart, capable people who can help craft the game state in your teams favor N1.

Come to think of it, a vig list is extremely anti-town.

Unvote, Vote: xvart

<2days UNTIL LYNCH, LETS GET THIS GOING.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Zdenek »

I'm back.

Of the viable lynches, I prefer Chronopie, but this only takes into account things that happened before my last post.

Vote Chronopie

Reading the thread now.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by ooba »

@xvart @Magister Ludi, while I agree on the vigging - an vig list doesn't help anybody but the CRs to recruit someone who wont be vigged ..

Vote: Chronopie
because of minor town tells on Yos, xvart. All I have is a WIFOM recruit wont lurk so much tell on Chrono .. Plus Wisdom of the Crowds
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Post by Andrius »

Vote: Flameaxe
for Succession I. You're lucky Flay doesn't trust me with a six-shooter, or else you and the rest of your old-country mob would get venge-killed.

Katsuki wrote:
Herodotus wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Any other questions?

If the recruiters are unlynchable, does that mean they will start by recruiting someone during pregame so that we have targets to hunt and lynch on day 1?

I assume they start with someone on their team? We had no N0, and well, D1 would be pointless otherwise. :P

This. D1 without any scum to lynch would be Beyond Bastard. :P

xvart wrote:So... should we start dabbling in WIFOM of who each of them would have picked?

I don't think it would benefit us much, actually. Besides for personal grudges and all, I don't think it would help. Unless there's a A-list grudge going on that might influence recruition or whatnot.

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Chronopie wrote:So who did you pick?

You. Please check the QT for further instructions.

:lol:

So it looks like I'm not the only truck driver in this joint.

Chrono wrote:Remember you cannot trust an alignment tell from one day to the next. (at least not a towntell.)

Yes you can. Remember the guy called "Andrius" in Succession I? Yeah. Loyal until the end.
There's more than likely unrecruitable roles/powers out there, so.

Ain't nothing wrong with driving trucks for a living. I drive for Panera.

Ludi wrote:I will grow wary of people who dismiss this speculation as 'wine in front of me'. It is essential to winning this game. We need to get in the heads of ABR and Kinetic.

This guy's got his head on overdrive. I like it. Can't make deliveries happen if you're in Neutral. Towntell for being proactive and attempting to get somewhere in the game.

DGB wrote:Or better yet, we can just hunt scum the way we always do, and pay no heed to the sirens.

They say that the road ain't no place to start a family.

What'll it be this time, DGB. Masons or Neighbor-Vigs?

Also, I'm going to encourage fast and timely deliveries during this game. The problem with Succession I, for me, was that the last gameday was 5:5:1 and all the other townies either a) gave up b) were waiting to be culted and win. It was basically me and xvart (other cult) against Flameaxe and Co. I was bitter that the remaining townies simply gave up on the game at that point- whoever didn't die would simply be endgame'd into the cult and win. Its like, why the hell play the game at all then? We could just sit here and let the cults duke it out until we were all culted for a mass LOL-win. Thanks for playing and not caring. Thanks for playing and throwing out your wincon. Thanks for leaving everyone who came before nothing. Someone has to make the stand. And we died for what we stood for- enemies, yes, but we died allies in the fight against a greater threat.

Chrono, shut up. I'd recruit you N0. I know you can play a mean game when you're motivated. And let's be honest- a mob that bakes its victims alive would be pretty badass. :twisted:

Kinetic wrote:the town's best interests to try and kill one of us dead as quickly as possible, or failing that to get recruited by the bigger cult.

NO. I'd rather die a townie than be recruited- even in Endgame, as some of you witnessed in Succession I.

Kinetic wrote:makes an unrecruitable role doubly bad though for town. Unrecruitables HAVE to play for the town WC no matter what

This is bad how? I find it to be a blessing. Maybe its because I love being loyal to the cause, to those who died for what we believed in.

Kinetic wrote:but if they are ever outed, its also in the town's best interest to lynch them for fear they are one of the other's cults. And it makes it in the cult's best interest to out such a player to get them lynched, its a plus no matter if its a town PR or the other cult's choice.

Though I hadn't thought of this at all either. :/

Chrono wrote:[wifom]We as town know they're good choices to recruit, because they're good, so they're likely recruits (As opposed to say... Katsuki, bunny, or myself, who tend to be erratic at best), which in turn means that town needs them to die, in order to kill the cult, which in turn makes them bad choices to recruit specifically because they'd be good choices, thus good lynches for town to make, thus bad recruitment choices.[/wifom]

The amount of Chrono putting himself down and trying to make himself seem like a bad recruitment choice is making me notice him more and more. You are a good player, Chrono. Don't forget SSBMafia. You play well when you're motivated. (p.s. Bunnylover is amazing as well. Readable, yes. But a good chap when you need someone to ride with you for HOV lanes.)

Porochaz wrote:I like the fact the two godfathers have agreed on this plan yet all town players who have posted thus far have ignored it. Im of the opinion of DGB, we carry on as normal.

So wait, you mean the plan where they list people they think the other recruited and lynch only those players?
It is in their best interest to survive, not lynch the other. If you remember from Succession I, the team that killed lost because they only had a couple members. The team that constantly recruited won because they GREW. So if they can survive best by lynching townies and relying on kills to thin out the other cult, then so be it.

Kinetic/ABR: I don't know if this was brought up before, but in order to win you must eliminate the other, yes?

ooba wrote:Vote: Porochaz

This is whom I would have recruited ..

After last game, I'm pretty sure I would have shot him first.

lullaby wrote:With the way Albert and Kinetic have been going on, paranoid me is thinking it's very probable they didn't get to recruit pregame and that they are misdirecting and possibly covertly discussing the splitting of their culting right now.

Wait, so you think that they haven't recruited yet, yes?
That means there's no anti-town players out there whom we can lynch.

Zdenek wrote:
Vote Fritz

The city councilperson is an irresistible mafia recruitment option.

Why? And you're rolefishing.

cobblefone wrote:
I'd recruit the doctor even if he weren't guranteed to be a "role-doctor".

Explain please.

cobblefone wrote:
I don't think I'm allowed to say why.

This too.

ooba wrote:- Question if why would Flay-mod design a game in such a manner that it's an all town slug fest in the first day?
- Plus White flag rules denote they've already lost if that's the case

This.

DGB wrote:
The recruits:

Ooba
xvart
Magister Ludi
Herodotus

Maybe
No
NO
Maybe

Timestamps is an interesting methodology though, DGB.

xvart wrote:(unless he tried to recruit and failed due to Kinetic picking the person he recruited causing his recruit to fail; which makes me wonder if there is a white flag clause that if the N0 recruit fails they get a backup so they don't insta-die).

You bring up a good point. My first reaction was "oh then they don't get a member then" but then they WOULD insta-lose so they'd HAVE to get another member........... so the first solution to that problem would be they would have to start out with one player each- OH OH OH also for balance purposes they could still recruit N0/pregame to prevent a quick-loss D1 by losing their only recruit AND not doing the day-recruition thing from last game.
PERFECT, XVART.
THIS IS GOLDEN.

xvart wrote:This makes me think Chrono was actually recruited. Why would he demean his overall play twice in 1.5 hours and go into the WIFOM analysis that would better be served by a recruiter? And, the whole "care to tell us how many you recruited" just seems like a throw away, forced conversation with no obvious point.

Good thinking.

DGB wrote:If I'm recruited by mobster A, mobster A will fail, and I will instead by added to mobster B's group.

And I'm Unrecruitable. :roll:

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
xvart:
I really need to stop apologizing to players that lost games I was in on the opposing side. I definitely just read GoT end game again, that was about the last game I played here too.

Talk to your recruit in the QT. You don't need the thread for that.

The point is he has nothing important to say in-thread so he posted white noise.

Cobblerfone wrote:Us teamsters need to stick together.

'Sup. Hey, did you know that if you take a truck down Independence Avenue going over 33mph you'll get air as you come off the crest in the road?

Zdenek wrote:
As far as DGB's plan goes, I'm not sure that there is any sense in focusing on four players for two days to not clue the recruiters into where were are collectively heading.

Here was my list of most likely recruits:

Fritz L. R. Hernandez, City Councilperson
Herodotus Greco, Corrupt Cop
Mr. Sam Ludi, Corrupt Cop
Charles "Chaz" Poro, Business Owner
Ms. Spring Lullaby, Banker
Anahito Xvart, Teamster

Why are you doing this?
What good does listing potential recruits do just based on roles?

Also, I'm somewhat upset that I'm not a Baker. Just saying.

Raudhr wrote:though I do think that Chrono is worth a vote for now due to his self-deprecation.

QFT

Bunnylover wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
The recruits:

Ooba
xvart
Magister Ludi

Herodotus

Yes.
Vote: Magister Ludi

Why?

ooba wrote:
-I don't think Flay would have made it such that doublepicking = auto loss for the second guy
- On the other hand, telling the second person about the double picking and allowing them to pick again is actually an advantage (since they would know the recruit of the first guy)
So the most probable pregame pick method was : Both of you send in your choices, if they don't clash, those are your recruits - otherwise repeat.

Or that. That works better, actually.

cobblerfone wrote:
Okay, I think Yosarian might be the other recruit.

Reasoning is..?

xvart wrote:
On another note, I could see Prozac being recruited since he had announced V/LA for an extended period of time in the sign up thread.

Cool, I've got an excuse to shoot him on top of for Succession I.

Cobblerfone wrote:I didn't know we teamsters all had different roles. I also didn't know if we all had the same role. I won't say anything else.

I keep forgetting xvart is the third teamster.
Say, why don't you swing by #33 later tonight- we could have a beer and check out the new exotic dancers there.

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:It was more like me trying to not lynch a potential PR.

Everyone is a potential PR. You can't tell by the profession. It's pointless thinking along these lines.

This. DGB beat me to it.

Zdenek wrote:I know it's been said before, but simply to minimize risk, I don't think that anyone (who isn't an alt) with a recent join date is a reasonable candidate to have been recruited last night.

This is WIFOM. Unadulturated WIFOM. :/

I'm liking Tanarin. More content about players/ the game though; less general opinions please.

Ludi wrote:
Interesting, most people think avoiding the ultra high profile players because they are too 'hot' of a recruit is a good idea. If I was a recruiter, I would go straight for Yosarian2. Don't screw around with other people. Does no one think similarly?

Personally, after Succession I, I'd definitely avoid anyone from the winning scumteam (besides Chrono) out of pure spite. Gurgi/ss/chaz would also be low on my list.

Ludi wrote:
Also, how do we know the recruiters have QT's and day talk? Was that customary from Succession Mafia 1?

We don't know DayTalk status. They didn't in I though. QTs are standard for mafia-related topics.

And personally, I'd love if Seraphim was culted AGAIN. :P Just saying.

Ludi wrote:
I've reread Kinetic and ABR's opening post in this game. They're weird, both talk about 'choosing' the right side in the war and 'joining' them.

Because they think that the only way to win is by choosing a side.
It isn't.
The town is here, and the town is STRONG. Like an 18-wheeler going 80 barrelling down Independence Avenue.

Ludi wrote:
What are you saying to Kinetic in your recruiter only quicktopic?

What.
What is this. Please explain.

Flay wrote:Those of you who read the first Succession Mafia will recall what happened there.

:igmeou:
I still think, while I made the wrong choice, that I was pretty much fucked over D6 when there were 0 townies left to help me. I was the only one who hadn't given up.

ThAdmiral wrote:
Question to everyone:
Does anyone think either of ABR or kinetic would have been ballsy enough to put their recruitment pick in their 3 that they suggested to each other?

Why does this matter? (No, why would they?)

Herodotus wrote:We could lynch scum every day and still lose, if they successfully recruit each night and don't get vigged.

Only if we alternate groups. If we lynch correctly today we're great- but yes, we'd have to either stop recruition or double-lynch or drive straight over some culted suckers at night. Meh. Its doable.

Katsuki wrote:Though, optimal play seems clear to me. Lurk until my eventual mislynch.

The hell.
Play or replace out you useless sack of shit.
Translation: Kat hasn't been culted.

poro wrote:
This infuriated me then, especially as in the end I was right about the size of cults in the factions and I wasnt believed because "yos said differently".

Don't even start talking about that game. Seriously, don't even get mad.

Poro wrote:I questioned Flay about this and obviously he couldn't say anything but did make it clear town can win the game.

Great, I was worried for a moment there. :roll:

cobblerfone wrote:I know the role I have. I was halfway sure that all teamsters might've had it too. To explain in short: I'm unrecruitable. The scum will have to lynch or kill me. That's the difference that made me not want to lynch you.

Srs bsns?

Kinetic wrote:CLAIMED UNRECRUITABLE PLAYER!!!

LYNCH THE FUCK OUT OF HIM PLEASE!!!

Cool story bro.
Is it bad that I think Kinetic is bluffing?
I kinda want to see Cobberlfone die.

yosarian wrote:
If you were really unrecruitable, your goal should have been to act really town and try to "soak up" some recruitment attempts, not to claim.

So how would you go about "soaking up recruitments attempts"? Its not hard to eat a NK- but how do you soak recruitments?

yos wrote:
On the other hand, an unrecruitable fakeclaim makes a lot of sense for a recruit to make. You wouldn't have to worry about the other side trying to recruit you and finding out your alignment that way, for one thing.

Well obviously. Thinking though- we only had one in Succession I (and was pretty much me the whole game).

ooba wrote:
I thought we weren't mentioning town reads?

I must have missed the memo. Are we or are we not?

yos wrote:
I really, really want to find a scum today.

I really, really want to pull off a town win. Preferably with Flameaxe's body hanging from a gibbet, having flipped cult. But y'know.
I agree though- we need to move fast and hard against the scumbags, which means no holding back. (It'll be interesting though, I can't see the cults killing tonight if they can, so it should all be Vig-work I think).

DGB wrote:
Only if we're willing to make a 180 turn on a whim.

Only if you're willing to Vig Equinox.

DGB wrote:
I have a great plan for tomorrow if I'm alive.

I have a great plan for tonight. I'm going to run over some cultists with an 18wheeler. You want in, for old times' sake?

Suddenly I miss robocopter. :(

Yos wrote:
Plus, hell, maybe he can help us scumhunt for Kintetic's recruit.

Albert, who do you think Kinetic would recruit night zero?

Kinetic, who do you think Albert would recruit night zero?

You think this is actually going to work?

Ludi wrote:
If the cult recruiters have only recruited once, and they lose if their faction only has one person, why have they not already lost?

Because they have one member (or two) already, idiot.

Ludi wrote:Also, Is it even possible to beat the cult?

YES
MY GRANDFATHER UMBERTO DID NOT DIE IN VAIN.

Ludi's new streak for "can we even win" rubs me the wrong way. Its more likely to come from town, yet..

cecily wrote:Does DGB have a habit of not actually giving reasons? I mean, everyone seems to respect her, but I don't actually see a lot of content.

She's town. Move on.

Cecily is not with ABR. Calling it now.

ludi wrote:You're too shy to mention the fourth faction in this game I take it?

What is this I don't even
Vote: Magister Ludi

xvart wrote:What day were you recruited in Succession 1?

Pretty sure he was the N1 recruit, actually. I caught him N3 IIRC. N4 was Quagmire, N5 was endgame.

xvart wrote:
I think we should collectively agree that if there are any town actions that interfere with a lynch that it should not be used today for any reason; so if any shenanigans happen with the lynch (remove votes, pardons the lynch, etc.) we know it is a mob motive and can act accordingly.

Agreed. Governors are inherently anti-town. Read: Storm of Swords Mafia, Superhero (lol) Mafia.
Governors are bad. If you are one,
kill yourself
don't use it.

Its too bad we simply can't lynch the female characters and know we'd hit scum molls. :/

Katsuki wrote:
I have a feeling that the CR wouldn't recruit ANYONE high-profile for D1, if not to avoid even the slightest chance of losing D1.

Discuss.

I'll raise the bet:
There are 24 other players in this game.

Discuss.

Kinetic wrote:
I have an anti-recruitment power DGB. If I use it on you, you can't be recruited by anyone else.

:lol:

Ok, Tanarin's repeated avoiding specifics about players reads off to me. He comments on general going ons like claims but avoids talking about specific players or things they've said.

Bunny, Kat is town. Unvote please.

Battousai wrote:
if one of the recruiters failed, then they would be dead due to the white flag rule.

I'm certain there was something in place to prevent this from happening.

I can taste the OMGUS like the smell of diesel fuel in the morning.

cobblerfone wrote:
Let me last at least one night. If I'm scum the other scum will kill me anyway.

No.
No.
No.
Horrid logic.
The cult will always recruit over kill, especially early-game. Especially if they have to recruit or kill. The winning cult of Succession I didn't kill. Ever.
The losing cult lost because they killed (and had shitty luck).

lullabY wrote:@ABR, what do you think of Cobblerfone?

What the fuck are you doing?

xvart wrote:I'm also thinking about Succession I and if there are similar vig roles out there. The problem with the vig's is they need to shoot well to give us a chance, but we also don't want them waiting too long and falling into the mob hands. This might be a radical (possibly stupid) idea but would it be worth discussing maybe setting up a list of people to kill tonight and use all the vig bullets before the Cult can use them?

xvart. You are a Teamster. You drive an 18-wheeler. You figure out the rest.

ooba has good case. Cobbler is more scummy read now.

fritzler wrote:So guys, I am going to claim: I am not a vig, and I am going to travel every single night, in the hopes that I find something in one of those buildings that gives me a vig kill.

Too bad you're not a teamster.
Who needs guns when we have 18wheelers we can plow into buildings? /yeah so we might die doing so but hey this is war and war is not sacrifice-less

So yeah. Halfway mark for my post.

Scumreads (in no order)
Ludi
Cobberfone
Battousai
Chrono
Flameaxe

And yes I know I haven't elaborated much I'm halfway through and its more important to get stuff out there and reads than not to at all.
DGB is a sexy town goddess. Katsuki is a not-sexy town lurker. NS is town (because I am town and I don't think we've ever been opposite alignments before). I've got a crapload of townreads and a handful of scumreads.

FLAY: I take it we can't get an "adrenaline rush" in regards to deadline?

-Andy
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Post by Andrius »

Scumlist:
Add lullaby. Forgot about her in her non-existance.

-A
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Andrius »

xvart wrote:Andy - I expect you to know what to do tomorrow.

Real-day or game-day?

-A
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Andrius »

But yes, investigating scum is always my priority. ;)

-A
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Andrius wrote:FLAY: I take it we can't get an "adrenaline rush" in regards to deadline?
Nope. There will be a vote count mechanism should anyone be in danger of needing replacement today or tomorrow (i.e. majority may go down to at deadline).
Retired as of October 2014.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:42 am

Post by xvart »

Katsuki, 1163 wrote:Anything else you wanna say?

This is absolutely hilarious coming from you, when you compare our content levels and commitment to this game.

Katsuki, 1163 wrote:I'm starting to see why people have been calling for your neck.

I must have really hit a cord with you. And do you deny that there are people in this game that are simply waiting to be recruited? If you agree with that statement what is the problem with what I said? Just read Andy's post about the townies in Succession 1.

Katsuki, 1163 wrote:Come to think of it, a vig list is extremely anti-town.

It's actually not in this game if you stop and think about it.

Katsuki, 1163 wrote:<2days UNTIL LYNCH, LETS GET THIS GOING.

Again, I'm glad to see you finally get a spark and get excited and act like you believe in what you have not been saying all game. But I don't think it is sincere since the timing is immediately after I called you out and right before the deadline when you are safe from being lynched but still in danger of being vigged.

Andrius, 1168 wrote:Real-day or game-day?

Game day, meaning the start of D2.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:16 am

Post by xvart »

Mr. Flay wrote:xvart - 8 (Yosarian2,
ThAdmiral
DrippingGoofball
Chronopie
Fritzler
Nobody Special
bvoigt
, Lady Lambdadelta,
Katsuki
)

Personally, I would be hesitant to join a wagon where 77% of the wagon included the most engaged portion of the playerlist. It really doesn't say a lot about the collective scumhunting of the group when you have these people as representatives. I was hesitant to include DGB due to overall posting amount, but her
actual
scumhunting and engagement level has been minimal to none. Regardless of the subjectivity of the DBG inclusion, the point still stands.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 am

Post by xvart »

Andy - considering the deadline your vote was much more significant where it was as opposed to where it is now.
I only read quote walls.

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Andy wrote:
Cobbler wrote: I'd recruit the doctor even if he weren't guranteed to be a "role-doctor".

Explain please.

Extended "flavor" for my real reason:

Andy wrote:
Cobbler wrote:I don't think I'm allowed to say why.

This too.

Speed Mafia is over now, so I'll explain. Tajo claimed cop as vanilla. It ended up winning town the game though. No hard feelings anymore.

I was actually thinking of investigating that ? on the map. But if you're serious about all of us teamsters meeting at #33 I wouldn't mind that.
@xvart: Assuming you aren't lynched, are you interested?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”