Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Equinox »

Howdy, howdy, howdy!

I reckon y'all are as excited as I am to be playin' in this game. It'll be a right pleasure to be hoofin' and tootin' with y'all. As the local authority on all things apples, I can sure show y'all how to tell apart a friendly apple and a bad seed. Lemme show ya how it's done 'round here:

Vote: WeyounsLastClone

I can guarantee you folks that my apples don't have none of them genetic engineering things done to 'em, but I can bet half my ponytail here that this one's sellin' you cloned fruits.
Cloned fruits
, ya know what I'm sayin'? That be one real fast way to sow some discord among us friends of Equestria.

Join me, friends, and I'll show y'all the way to victory, on my word as an honorable pony!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Equinox »

I see that some of y'all like to share apple pie while the rest of y'all enjoy words. That's fine, as long as we shoot them scum before the sun sets.

Don't be shy, Fluttershy. We're nice folk. Most of us are, anyway. There be some bad apples we gotta find.

TheLonging is lookin' like he's tryin' too hard to fit into this party. I reckon we oughta figure out his intentions right quick, and my grandma once told me that a wagon's the best way to get 'er done.

Unvote, Vote: TheLonging

Also, I approve of all these horsey puns goin' 'round. I enjoy a good round myself, 'specially when we start jockeyin' for the right to say we galloped to victory by saddlin' with the best of 'em.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Equinox »

Just poppin' in to say to y'all that I'll be catchin' up tomorrow 'cause I got hit by fallin' apples today and I saw rainbows.

Unvote

There was also this:

Espeonage wrote:As far as I can see, crumbing like that is probably a town tactic, call wifom but it is a
very bold move for scum to make

I'm 'fraid I'm gonna hafta disagree with you on that one. Talkin' like this is pretty easy to do, really, and it's not like it betrays my alignment either way. I know you said that sorta, but this isn't as bold as you're sayin' it is.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #105 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Equinox »

All right, y'all, I apologize for the size of this thing, but a pony's gotta do what a pony's gotta do, and this is more than just waterin' apple trees.

Happy birthday, chesskid3!

Espeonage is callin' chesskid3 and me town fairly quickly. I know some folks like to do that sort of thing, but I sure as sugar gonna keep an eye on this fella and make sure he doesn't get too close to my farm without someone comin' with.

TheLonging wrote:Because NL's decrease the town's chances of hitting scum.

Sayin' this made Apple Bloom cry.

You wouldn't want her cryin', would you?

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3136685#p3136685]46[/url], Maziek wrote:which didn't leave me feeling well because town has no reason not to explain their thoughts or motives

It's a pleasure makin' your acquaintance, Maziek! I'm 'fraid I'll have to disagree with you here. Sometimes not makin' the reasons behind a move obvious makes those with discord in their hearts squirm tryin' to figure out what it's all about. Not only is it right amusin' when this happens, it's also helpful to figure out when someone's reactin' genuinely and when someone's not.

Now that's your piece of unsolicited Mafia advice for the day.

I'm thinkin' of invitin' chesskid3 and hohum to dinner with the Apple family. What do y'all think of that? You'll get to meet my dear ol' Granny Smith, of course. Jahudo and Espeonage I'll send to the Evertree Forest for a little... errand of sorts.

inHimshallibe, how 'bout you and I go to a Ponyville cafe and have a drink? I happen to like your sense of humor and I reckon you'll be a nice pony to be friends with.

Gammagooey wrote:Vote: Maziek

Gammagooey, do you know what they're sayin' 'bout banelin' things on our farms? It's not very nice, the things they've been sayin' 'bout them...

chesskid3, we need to sit down and have a chat. Not the kind I wanna have with inHimshallibe, though, ya see... I don't agree with your Maziek vote there, ya know?

Howdy, Jahudo! Would you like to tell me if there was a game or somethin' where you didn't place a random vote? A link would be pretty cool.

Also, Jahudo, who d'ya reckon's the scum?

Espeonage wrote:Softclaiming as a bold move. Regardless of how easy it is. Are you saying that that wasn't a softclaim?

Makin' a character claim doesn't present to me no sort of risk if I were scum, so it's not really a bold move or nothin'. Why're you askin' me if this is a softclaim, though? I s'pose you should be workin' that out yourself.

Maziek wrote:
Since I'm newer,
I'm not going to put chesskid on the side just because you all expect him to play like this.

What's this now?

Maziek can join that dinner, too, I reckon. He doesn't sound like he's part of the forces of disharmony. To answer your ponderin', Maziek, I like to have fun in my games, and that sure includes roleplayin' when I can.

Though, Maziek and WeyounsLastClone, I'm pretty sure chesskid3 is town. He's hittin' his town tells rather than his scum tells. Granted, I've experience with him before...

WeyounsLastClone wrote:I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Vote: TheLonging'

No.

I see all the other pones touched on this already. I s'pose I can buy WeyounsLastClone simply makin' an attribution error, but I'd like to know why that's all he said 'bout a 5-page game.

All right, lemme think 'bout this and make a separate post with where I stand and everythin'.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Equinox »

Dinner with the Apple Family
(town)

chesskid3
inHimshallibe
Maziek
hohum

Paintin' the Fence 'Round the Farm
(null)

TheLonging
Mina (no read, true null)

Summoned to the Ponyville Square for Questionin'
(lurkers)

Fluttershy
MehPlusRawr

Apples Ain't Really Fresh
(lingering in that sweet spot between null and scum)

Gammagooey
WeyounsLastClone

Errands in Evertree Forest
(scum)

Espeonage
Jahudo

Vote: Espeonage
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Equinox »

Actually, thinkin' 'bout it, I wanna have some fun.

Unvote, Vote: WeyounsLastClone
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #116 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Equinox »

Happy birthday, hitogoroshi!

Gammagooey's bein' more rambly than usual, I reckon.

Jahudo wrote:I don't have any scum reads, and I don't vote just when I have a concern because something isn't clear. So far when that's happened I think the answer's I've heard have been satisfactory. So I have town and null reads only.

Espeonage wrote:Something feels wrong about the WLC wagon. Last game I was in with him scum tried to push his wagon every day when he wasn't really overly scummy and every day they failed. And he was town. This feels very similar.

Are you already assumin' WeyounsLastClone is town there, bud? 'cause this sounds awfully like it...

WeyounsLastClone wrote:What exactly would constitute the fun part? Any specific reason you're not voting for someone in your 'scum' category, but in the 'lingering between null and scum'?

Blatant bandwagonin'. Also, you still haven't looked at more recent pages and that's somethin' I'm still lookin' to see from ya.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Equinox »

You're one of them "reactive" folks who don't vote until you're sure as punch, then? That's really annoying.

Since ya don't seem to know who's scum, who's null? If ya disagree with the pushes on WeyounsLastClone, chesskid3, and TheLonging, do ya reckon there's scum who pushed those wagons? Given the current game situation we're in, what do ya think the scum are doin'? (That ain't a sarcastic question; my postin' style might make it come off that way.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Equinox »

I'm gonna go with somethin' here.

Unvote, Vote: Gammagooey

Now I'mma let that stew for a bit, mainly 'cause I'm runnin' late and need to go and I'm probably too lazy to think up a reason for why I'm movin' here. Let's just go with gut, it's an easy thin' to say when one doesn't have an actual reason for a vote.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #131 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Equinox »

hohum wrote:If I had to chose between TheLonging, Weyouns and Espeonage right now my choice would be Espeonage.

How 'bout... no? Why're you limitin' yourself to just those three folks?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #141 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Equinox »

Gammagooey, let's have a li'l discussion. Have ya ever been quite this rambly before?

hohum, at the time you voted Espeonage, he had no votes on him. You had a slight scum read on Jahudo, who had -- in that same vote count -- two votes, yet you chose to limit yerself to the three
old
wagons. What's this all 'bout, then?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #147 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Equinox »

Jahudo wrote:I don't see how Gamma is rambling. That word makes me think long posts that are filled with non-content fluff. I feel like gamma makes short posts and is clear about his intention.

You're misunderstandin' my meanin', I think.

It's not that he's literally ramblin', but his posts are a bit more stream-of-consciousness than I'm used to seein' from him, so I'd like to know if my feelin' there is warranted or if I'm just insane or somethin'.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Equinox »

Fluttershy isn't roleplayin' with me? That's a right shame.

Question of interest:

Fluttershy wrote:Jahudo, have you actually watch My Little Pony at all?

When Jahudo answers this, I'd be interested in knowin' why you addressed this to Jahudo in particular.

Fluttershy wrote:What is the case on Espeonage? I think I have missed the reasons behind it.

Lightnin' fast town reads of chesskid3 and Equinox when there wasn't enough evidence to warrant it. Result of recent questionin' about his remark of the WeyounsLastClone wagon still outstandin'.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #203 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Equinox »

hohum wrote:He should have gotten shit for a no-lynch vote even if he wasn't completely serious about it.

Why?

Where were ya when this was all goin' down? Lookin' back in the thread, all I see is you givin' TheLongin' heat for linkin' your vote to a policy lynch of chesskid3, and this was after chesskid3 voted No Lynch.

chesskid3 wrote:God forbid I want a two day break eh hohum?

Was this break site-wide, chesskid3? And by this, I mean: Have ya been postin' in your other games durin' this break?

Pinkie Pie wrote:Here is a description of Pinkie Pie, just for those who don't know her very well or at all.

If ya talk like Pinkie Pie all game, I may end up just givin' y'all a free guided tour of the apple farm here.

Gammagooey wrote:FUCK IF I KNOW
Maziek

What do ya think of Maziek's expressed thought processes so far?

Sigh, hohum vs. inHimshallibe. I'm not lookin' forward to reading that. I'll be rereadin' this thread later today, too, since my two-day break seems to have affected my memory of what's goin' on in here.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #222 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Equinox »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:I don't really see why it was outmoded evidence. Sure there was discussion afterwards, but I stand by my point that I think that scum would be more inclined to random vote 'no lynch' than a town would.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #261 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Equinox »

Reread wall of doom comin' up later today when I've actually done some rereadin', but somethin' caught my eye here.

Heya, Ojanen! Lookin' forward to hearin' from ya.

hohum, while I like the idea of a voting bloc, from a skim I can't say I'd agree to votin' inHimshallibe, but I should probably read closer because I don't quite understand the case. That's comin' with the reread as well.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3154878#p3154878]216[/url], Fluttershy wrote:Bolding on my part to emphasis the thing that confused me. Yes, we could all tell that they were roleplaying as Applejack, but you said Big Macintosh instead...why is that?

What is the relevance of this question to Jahudo's alignment? If it's already obvious that I'm roleplayin' as Applejack, then the reason behind Jahudo's comment should be equally obvious.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #278 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Equinox »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:@Equinox, not sure if you can or want to answer, but why did you roleplay from the beginning? Fluttershy just has a name shared with a MLP, but necessarily isn't that character, whereas you from what we've seen tried to make clear who you were from the start? Is it something you use to do as town?

When I got my role PM, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be fun to speak in an awful Southern accent
all game
?" I started with my confirmation PM to the mods and I will keep goin' until I say, "Bah!" I know to some extent Faraday's and hitogoroshi's stances as moderators; I figured that, even if I claimed in my very first post that I was Applejack, nothin' would be betrayed about my role or alignment since scum have fake claims anyway. I'm doin' this because I can and it's fun.

I haven't done this before. My only other theme game where I could've claimed a name was Mini 1027: Cereal Killers from a year ago, and I didn't do anythin' special there.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #279 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP:

Unvote, Vote: Fluttershy

That should get your attention.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #290 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Equinox »

Ojanen wrote:Equinox is still using that god-awful apple-speak on page 5.

I aim to please! :mrgreen:

Gammagooey wrote:now excuse me while i put on my best trollface.
Unvote, Vote:Fluttershy

Uh... what?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #303 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Equinox »

Mina wrote:Part of it is that she hasn't been as thorough as usual (she's usually freakishly diligent), and part of it is that I find I can't connect to some of her suspicions (the Gammagooey one in particular seems to have come out of nowhere). Equinox, do you have recent scum meta, by any chance?

Gammagooey didn't sound like he did in Mafia MetaMafia, and I was worried that his stream-of-consciousness style might have been forced, which would actually be scummy because using that sort of style makes one look genuine.

My last scum game was Mini 1073 back in October.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #304 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Equinox »

I broke my self-imposed posting restriction by accident.

Sad pony is sad. :(

In other news, REREAD WALL OF DOOM and Actual ContentTM coming later, but Mina is probably town and Ojanen hasn't broken my read of Maziek. Fluttershy needs to come in here and notice stuff.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #306 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Equinox »

inHimshallibe, can I get a link to your most recent scum game(s), please? Thanks!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #316 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Equinox »

So I just noticed Pinkie Pie actually exists in this game.

The only things that have come out of MehPlusRawr, Katsuki, and Pinkie Pie are:

"We kinda sorta flaked but didn't or something."
"Here's Pinkie Pie in case you guys don't know her and we'll be reading."
"Oh, we'll be reading... so why's there a wagon on inHimshallibe?"
"TheLonging is probably town because of meta and etc."
"Smiley face indicating our disgust at something Equinox doesn't care to look up." (Okay, it's just the smiley and nothing else, but I'm feeling like a snark at the moment.)

I'm not going to count the abyss that was June 16-22 because MehPlusRawr disappeared or somesuch and Katsuki was away at Goofbash. From June 22-26, however, this is all we've gotten from this hydra.

Look, if you haven't read because you haven't gotten the motivation necessary to do so, just say that; you wouldn't be the first to have caught the bug, and I know I'm no paragon at staying on top of this game. But there is a giant sea of NOTHINGNESS out of this slot despite the three little softballs labeled "Mina," "inHimshallibe," and "TheLonging." Get in here or get out.

Same to chesskid3. If you can't get in here by Tuesday as you've promised, you should get out, too.

Aaaaand this applies to myself as well given that my Mafia time has been soaked by miscellaneous junk and I'm not devoting my full attention here as I should be. Should be rectified today, though, I'm actually looking up stuff and feeling more motivated than I've been for the past week, which is good news in general.

Oh, yeah, no more terrible Southern from me. The two of you out there can now celebrate.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #320 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Equinox »

Equinox wrote:Ninja Mafia Boogaloo

:cry:
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #327 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Equinox »

Guys, I'm confused by your reads of Mina.

Please walk me through it?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #330 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by Equinox »

Espeonage wrote:Ok didn't do a reread. Someone want to give me some questions to answer and a rundown on what has happened?

What are your thoughts on what's happened so far?

:cool:

No, seriously, would you trust a summary someone gives you? What sorts of questions and answers do you expect that you'll be able to give if you're not up-to-date on the thread?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #338 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Post by Equinox »

Got distracted by drama, so I'm going to have to push the Pony Reading Project to tomorrow and hope that I'll have the entire day to myself to do that. I'm going to touch on Mina a little bit before I go to bed, since I can take care of this right now.

My light town read of Mina is partly based on how she's reading me. She seems to be thinking through her read here and trying to figure out my alignment by comparing what she knows of my town play. Granted, the meta is readily available to her because we've interacted before, but her point about not connecting to my suspicion of Gammagooey seems like a genuine thought process--

Actually, hold that thought. Mina, what do you think of Gammagooey's play here compared to his play in Mafia MetaMafia?

The other part was her read of chesskid3. I'm actually interested in seeing chesskid3 respond to Mina here, so I'll refrain from explaining this for the moment.

Now that I've read the rest of Mina's post (yes, I skimmed it the first time), I'm very much interested in seeing Mina post more and seeing where she goes with things. For the moment, though, I'm giving her a pass. Now to see what you folks were on about...

Apparently Pinkie Pie's smiley was in response to Mina's post. I still think there's a chasm in that slot that needs to be rectified soon.

I don't have quibbles about hohum's case on Mina, but I do disagree with it. I'm also interested in seeing Mina respond to hohum, though, so I'm going to stall out for a bit here too and see what Mina has to say.

Augh. Jahudo and inHimshallibe stuff is giving me a literal headache. Or it could be that I've stayed up a wee bit too late and my head wants sleep right now. Either way, I'm on that stuff tomorrow and you guys can hold me accountable to that promise.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #353 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Equinox »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:2) Equinox, could you iso yourself and tell me who makes most sense as your scum partners?

wat

Okay. Mina and inHimshallibe, I guess? Called Mina town for weak tells then backtracked when I read her in closer detail, and I've been ignoring inHimshallibe apart from calling him town earlier in the day.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #364 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Equinox »

inHimshallibe, scum games plz.

I can look them up myself sure but I want your picks because there's a reason I want your picks.

Also, status update, I'm on page 3 but I'm going ot bed. I will finish tomorrow at all costs. AND HAVE A VOTE. Yes.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #371 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Equinox »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Correct response was not to do it, just fyi.

*shrug*
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #372 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Though actually I'm interested in something. You think I'd avoid putting my buddies on that list, Cogito Ergo Sum?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #374 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Equinox »

REREAD WALL OF DOOM, PART ONE.

PINKIE PIEEEEEE

MehPlusRawr wrote:YEAH SORRY ABOUT THAT BASICALLY
I WAS WAITING ON THE HYDRA
AND THEN DISAPPEARED FROM THE INTERNET FOR A DAY OR TWO AND NOW I'M POSTING

Twilight Sparkle wrote:MehPlusRawr is hydra'd with Katsuki, but they do not yet have a hydra. Both players will recieve their role PM, but for clarity purposes,
ONLY MehPlusRawr will be permitted to post in the thread
. (They can both discuss in a hydra QT as they please.) When the hydra is created, it will replace MPR and either player will be able to post from it, as normal.

EXCUSES, MAN. EXCUSES.

Bottom of page 4. Towns: chesskid3, hohum, inHimshallibe, Maziek

On a fun note, I can
probably
see why Espeonage called chesskid3 town so early, but I'm still twitchy because Espeonage isn't working off hindsight. Calling me town because I softclaimed a specific pony despite it being in the rules that scum have fake claims is bad news, too.

TheLonging was up in that list until this post right here:

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3138910#p3138910]96[/url], TheLonging wrote:edit: saw the correction

unvote
vote: weyouns

no way that was accidental.

Doesn't even consider the possibility that WeyounsLastClone made an attribution error.

Meh, WeyounsLastClone's vote on
TheLonging
chesskid3 makes sense given his theoretical stance, I suppose, but I'm interested in why he believed the stuff in the other 4 pages wasn't worth looking at. chesskid3 did more than vote No Lynch, after all, and it's that stuff people were calling him town over.

chesskid3 is wrong, though.

Actually, I'm startin' to see why my accent was gratin' on you guys. I
do
apologize. I hope y'all will find it in ya hearts to forgive me.
(lols)
Okay, that probably wasn't that funny.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3139688#p3139688]110[/url], Jahudo wrote:No, I don't think I've ever chosen to not make a random vote. And I've never heard of doing it / not doing it as an alignment tell, I'm sure of that because it sounds so ridiculous to me I would have remembered it. So my only thought was "meh, I'll skip random vote stage"

Uh, so you thought about whether or not you'd get flack for not voting and when you remembered that nobody does that sort of thing, you didn't vote. A little worried about the fact that you had to
think
about it.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3140028#p3140028]112[/url], Espeonage wrote:Something feels wrong about the WLC wagon. Last game I was in with him scum tried to push his wagon every day when he wasn't really overly scummy and every day they failed. And he was town. This feels very similar.

TL is the only one on there that is in my completely null pool. All the others I have town to slight town reads on.

Doesn't like the WeyounsLastClone wagon, which is reasonable. Obviously that assumes Espeonage has a town read on WeyounsLastClone, which he confirms in his second paragraph. Okay, what I'm saying here is I thought Espeonage slipped that he knew WeyounsLastClone to be town, but that's not necessarily the case.

My concern, though, is why Espeonage seems to think MehPlusRawr is "town to slight town" as implied by second paragraph. And it's not like MehPlusRawr was completely invisible; I listed him under lurkers and Gammagooey highlighted it for all to see. Um, yeah.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3140355#p3140355]120[/url], Jahudo wrote:I think scum follow the crowd early game because its easier to do that when there aren't dozens of small details to take sides on. There could also easily be 1 scum in {Fluttershy, MehPlusKatsuki, Mina} who haven't made as much or any impression yet. That doesn't mean they should have pressure votes though. Fluttershy and Mina are V/LA, no need to pressure there. Meh will get prodded by the mod when the time comes.

Jahudo has this stance but doesn't have scum reads at this point? Um, okay. The comment about not needing to pressure the absent players makes me twitch, but logically it does make sense, so... I dunno?

In post 129, TheLonging wrote:Of course Pinkie Pie is the best pony

TheLonging's interactions with chesskid3 made him look townish. It appears I may have been wrong about that because TheLonging's ignoring everything since.

THE JAHUDO AND INHIMSHALLIBE WAR BEGINS HERE. I'S LATE TO THE PARTY BUT I DON'T REALLY CARE.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3138852#p3138852]90[/url], inHimshallibe wrote:For 1)not commenting on discussion between those of us who had voted and subsequently unvoted TheLonging, 2)being vague about chesskid, and 3)killing innocent ponies.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3145206#p3145206]142[/url], inHimshallibe wrote:My beef with WLC comes from using the No Lynch vote as reasoning after there was a lot more content to be explored when considering who to vote at that juncture.

Hang on, what?

For one thing, it looks like inHimshallibe missed the fact that WeyounsLastClone mis-voted TheLonging, but the basic premise for his vote's the same: WeyounsLastClone didn't talk about the rest of the game. What I'm worried about is how inHimshallibe missed that WeyounsLastClone made a mistake about TheLonging and later corrected it.

Ugh, I do have a strong town read on inHimshallibe right now, though, not least because he's being more analytical than his scum play usually is. I asked him to post his scum games to see if he'd try to game his meta; admittedly, I ruined that a bit by telling him I wanted to see what he'd pick, and I should have continued the "I'M LAZY" game, but whatever.

Okay, I'm going to have to leave for a few hours, so let's go ahead and drop this right here. Part 2 coming as soon as I come back, and I'll have REAL ACTUAL COMMENTS on Nixon's red pandas.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #375 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP:

A clarification.

Equinox wrote:Ugh, I do have a strong town read on inHimshallibe right now, though, not least because he's being more analytical than his scum play usually is. I asked him to post his scum games to see if he'd try to game his meta; admittedly, I ruined that a bit by telling him I wanted to see what he'd pick, and I should have continued the "I'M LAZY" game, but whatever.

This metagaming consists of me reading inHimshallibe in iso in DEFCON Mafia 2.0 and Mafia of the Chosen Ones. From what I can tell, similar tones between DEFCON and MoCO, both of which differ from this one.

I'll be looking up other players too just happened to do this first.

Bleh forgot what else I had to say so if I remember before I go you'll hear it.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #385 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Equinox »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Don't know and don't particularly care at this point either. Why do you care?

"HAI EQUINOX WHO WOULD BE YOUR BUDDIES"
"WAT UM LESSEE MINA AND INHIMS? I DUNNO"
"YA OK JAHUDO AND SOME LURKER ARE EQUINOX'S BUDDIES AND THUS IT HAS BEEN DECLARED"
(silently) "LOLOLS"
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #387 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Equinox »

Okay. I can live with that. You're also wrong, but I can live with that, too. :mrgreen:
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #390 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Equinox »

Gammagooey wrote:Equiiiiiii why aren't you voting jahrohus yet?

PATIENCE.

I HAVE YET TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE BEAUTY AND GREATNESS OF FRIENDSHIP THAT THIS VERY THREAD EMBODIES.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #399 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 am

Post by Equinox »

Guys, I don't think Jahudo's scum.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #401 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Equinox »

Twilight Sparkle wrote:THIS ONE'S MINE

YOU TOOK MY SPOT!

~And I'd take it again if I could
Last edited by Twilight Sparkle on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #404 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Equinox »

Primate wrote:Why are you on an irrelevant wagon?

Fluttershy ignored my question about why he asked Jahudo whether or not Jahudo was familiar with My Little Pony, and I felt that the question was important enough that Fluttershy shouldn't have ignored it. She continues to ignore it.

But yes, I'm on an irrelevant wagon because I have no idea what's up with inHimshallibe v. Jahudo, so I'm rereading. (Or supposed to be. MD and 62 are a little too much fun right now.) Though it looks like I may stay on an irrelevant wagon anyway because if inHimshallibe is scum I'm eating a lot of things.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #406 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Equinox »

Okay, in-game bet: If either inHimshallibe or Jahudo flip scum, I eat rope. It makes logical sense anyway.

Yes, I'm that confident. Despite not having finished the thread yet.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #408 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Equinox »

Ojanen wrote:Important (looking at dynamics): Anyone who's top suspects don't include either Jahudo or inHim and who would most love to quickwagon someone else SPEAK UP. Asap.
P-EDIT: aha, equi. your preferred target?

Hi.

Let's lynch a lurker.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #412 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Equinox »

Reads would be nice, too, Espeonage.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #414 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Equinox »

I'll be good and let the thread breathe now.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #419 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Equinox »

This lovely head on a pike.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #422 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Equinox »

Doesn't stop you from giving reads, Espeonage.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #427 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Equinox »

How much you want to bet on me being scum, Cogito Ergo Sum?

'cuz I think watching you lose would be hilarious.

(I don't remember if Applejack was a betting pony, but she is now!)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #430 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Equinox »

DONE.

'cuz it just is? You sound so certain despite having seen me play before, so I decided I might as well have fun with it and see if I can't make you lose a bet. That and I'm probably still bitter that I made a flash wagon to save you when you were scum.

That reminds me. I have a flash wagon to start, don't I? Wheeeeee.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #432 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Equinox »

OKAY. LET'S DO IT.

Unvote, Vote: Fluttershy
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #436 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Equinox »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:This is probably a town tell tho'.

wat
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #442 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Equinox »

Reread failed today because loldistractions. Looks like I'll have only 1.75 days to work with once I get some sleep, though, so I'mma put a Rush Order on this.

In other news, 1-shot neighborizer sounds like a Faraday thing to do and Jahudo's been spreading crumbs all over, so I don't have a reason to not believe the claim; role != alignment, however. Jahudo going and checking people in iso on page 17(?) looks townish, though, will have in-depth opinions tomorrow morning.

I think my vote's on Fluttershy? Yeah, still okay with that for the moment.

Also, Mina, you had something you wanted to say to me?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #463 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Equinox »

I need to apologize, you guys... I will have to seek a replacement, since I'm about to get swamped with work and this game would be the one I end up neglecting. I'm not bolding it as an official request yet because I'd like to have at least one more evening to finish up and spill all of my thoughts about what's happened Day 1, which I should be able to do tonight.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:The way he was sure neither Jahudo and inhim were scum, and opportunisticly changing his vote afterwards made me switch my opinion on him.

I vote hop. Deal with it. (Oh, and also, if you're just sheeping Cogito Ergo Sum, please just say so? This is a
terrible
case, not to mention false because I've called them both town.)

Gammagooey wrote:Jahudo why are you STILL voting inhims by the way. You're the only one left on the wagon.

Why aren't you calling me out for parking my vote on a Fluttershy wagon that's clearly going nowhere?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #465 (isolation #51) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Equinox »

Gammagooey wrote:@Equi- Because I WANT it to go somewhere and it's better than the WLC wagon so I'm hoping jahudo and CES and etc. can get on that.

Do you believe Jahudo-scum would lynch Fluttershy-scum at this point?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #469 (isolation #52) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP because I has no reading comprehensions:

Equinox wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:The way he was sure neither Jahudo and inhim were scum, and opportunisticly changing his vote afterwards made me switch my opinion on him.

I vote hop. Deal with it. (Oh, and also, if you're just sheeping Cogito Ergo Sum, please just say so? This is a
terrible
case,
not to mention false because I've called them both town
because God forbid I can trust my own reads, yeesh
.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #481 (isolation #53) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Equinox »

I want to vote Espeonage, but that's not going to go anywhere.

I might hammer.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #484 (isolation #54) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by Equinox »

Mina wrote:But okay, can we all at least agree that Espeonage has just claimed scum?

If we can somehow lynch it within the next 24 hours, I'm absolutely down and I will actively ram down coffee shops for access to participate in that speedy flash wagon.

Mina wrote:(I don't know, do you also want me to comment on inHim tonight, even though he's not going to be lynched anymore? Since I'd have a heart attack if scum nightkilled me based on my play today, I don't even know if it matters other than to help people read me better.)

Well, if you have comments, those would be helpful for me to get a point-of-view from someone who wasn't actively participating in that mess. (And the "people" you're referring to who's calling Jahudo townish is actually me in the singular. I think.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #486 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

At least answer me this: Why aren't you reading the thread?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #490 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

Argh. I promised 7 days ago I'd do a complete reread, and I'm
still
not done; I'm only on page 12. I refuse to keep reading at this hour, since I need to wake up early tomorrow.

In a nutshell, I still think that Ojanen, inHimshallibe, Jahudo, and Cogito Ergo Sum are town. hohum is probably town, but reading how he stuck to Jahudo's arguments against inHimshallibe made me twitchy despite me having a very strong town read of his early play. I need to read him in detail, but the clock is working against me right now. Since I'm not entertaining any of these people for a Day 1 lynch anyway, I'm going to postpone. The argument between Jahudo and inHimshallibe looks like a misunderstanding of inHimshallibe's post just blown up to larger proportions, but both of them are probing each other in a manner I'm satisfied with as town.

Since I still owe work in this area, I'll see if I can't hold out for a few more days. If I don't get shot or something, I might be able to get some of this legwork done at the beginning of Day 2 before poofing.

Gammagooey makes me paranoid with his defending of Espeonage, hohum, inHimshallibe, Jahudo, and TheLonging. I acknowledge that I'm doing the same thing by essentially clearing the same amount of people in the above paragraphs -- 3 of them being controversial slots at some point -- so this may be unfounded, but I'm keeping an eye on Gammagooey.

Some of the things Fluttershy has said makes me twitchy. In explaining her policy vote "gambit" or other on chesskid3, she says she saw someone do it and saw chesskid3 react, but she has no idea how chesskid3-scum would react and doesn't provide a conclusion for the gambit. Yeah, what? Later that same post, she tied WeyounsLastClone to some meta by drmyshottyizsik and then immediately discounts it because it's drmyshottyizsik... then why did you even bother bringing it up in the first place? On the other hand, her response to me regarding her questioning of Jahudo about Big Macintosh reads as town pretty strongly, so I'll need to sleep on this a little bit.

I do, however, want to spill Espeonage's blood. The 24-hour offer stands, though I just found out the convention center doesn't have Wi-Fi, so it shall be a long, hard battle for that coffee shop.

Hammer on WeyounsLastClone pending his response to Primate. Though if I go to bed, I go to bed.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #504 (isolation #57) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Equinox »

I'm hammering.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #515 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote: Espeonage

I'm probably spelling Mina wrong, but screw that, I want Espeonage to spill his guts, heart, and soul into this thread before I come back from celebrating America. (HEY
GRANNY
GAMMAGOOEY.)

That being said, I will resume the reread of doom I didn't finish yesterday... tomorrow. I refuse to play Mafia today.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #522 (isolation #59) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Equinox »

Jahudo wrote:I haven't used it yet because I was waiting to see if anyone in particular wanted it. But I can pair whoever if anyone wants me to confirm my role.

wat

Jahudo wrote:@Equinox: Is there any reason you picked Espy over Pinkie Pie (since you also mention Mina in that post)?

I only mentioned Mina because I knew hohum had his fingers ready, and I wasn't going to vote Mina. I called out Espeonage because, despite repeated demands yesterday to post something of his thought process to accompany his votes, he simply ignored them. If there's a wagon run up on Pinkie Pie, I will throw all of my weight behind it, but experience tells me that yelling in Katsuki's face to post anything but fluff is somewhat of a fruitless venture; there's a better way to read Katsuki, which I'm not going to mention right now, but I'm on it. I'm not sure about MehPlusRawr.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #544 (isolation #60) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Equinox »

I'm sorry, guys. It's either this or wait forever for me to catch up, and I think we all can agree that the game doesn't need any more lurkers; therefore, I'm
requesting replacement
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #546 (isolation #61) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, by the way, don't let Pinkie Pie lurk to victory. That's what I was alluding to earlier in my response to Jahudo; Katsuki tends to lurk more as scum from what I've seen, and it's a bloody hydra.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1147 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Equinox »

Sorry for replacing out. Though my replacing out actually helped town, so eh.

Good game, y'all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”