Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Awesoma »

For the sake of fair voting, I am not going to participate in RVS.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Awesoma »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Awesoma wrote:For the sake of fair voting, I am not going to participate in RVS.

What do you mean "fair voting"?

Voting with some evidence behind it in this game, not of previous games, or how we knew that player in previous games or posts that are not in this game's thread.
All roles are assigned randomly, so one who is known for being scummy from overall games is not neccessarily scummy. RVS as interpreted by me is a random voting stage, where there is no true backing to a vote. I want to wait until we get at least through the second page so I can produce some quality reads before I vote. Basically I am just not voting at the moment.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Awesoma »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Awesoma wrote:RVS as interpreted by me is a random voting stage, where there is no true backing to a vote.

How do our votes lack "true backing"? I voted Parama because he can be a vicious scumhunter, while my self-vote is admittedly a bit WIFOM-based as I don't see why someone who's been crap as scum lately would offer him- or herself to be revived unless the person is town.

Theres no real evidence or reads yet until we start pressuring people or bandwagons start appearing. There is already a bandwagon on Parama however, but it was more of an interpretation of what he could be from previous games. You said yourself "
As I remember saying in a
previous game
, when you're sane, you're dangerous to the scum. Scum cannot tolerate your in-your-face playstyle." And yeah, it is a bit WIFOM, however I was just saying I wasnt going to vote for the time being. I really dont like how people are starting to claim town fast.

At the latest post, I will still contribute, and I have a small read post im preparing as of right now.
I still want to wait a page or two before posting.
As such, VOTE: Parama
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Awesoma »

ToastyToast wrote:[quote="Parama"7. ToastyToast
-No clue.

:(, being a new player who fails at being obvtown sux.

Vote:Pomegranate
because there was this one time where I got really thirsty and drank a whole bottle of pomegranate juice, then spent the rest of the day throwing up.

^^Pretty sure this is a random vote because it doesn't have anything to do with past games. @Awesoma: does it matter to you that some people are placing votes that "aren't random"?[/quote]
Good question. No. If the votes have a reason behind them, then I don't mind, but if there is no evidence or reasoning behind a vote, then I probably wont vote. The time of me not participating is over now, now that people are starting to pop up saying "Im Town!", especially at the beggining of the game.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Awesoma »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:[quote="Parama"7. ToastyToast
-No clue.

:(, being a new player who fails at being obvtown sux.

Vote:Pomegranate
because there was this one time where I got really thirsty and drank a whole bottle of pomegranate juice, then spent the rest of the day throwing up.

^^Pretty sure this is a random vote because it doesn't have anything to do with past games. @Awesoma: does it matter to you that some people are placing votes that "aren't random"?

Okay, toasty's worse than awesome. At least awesome was somewhat naive about what was happening. Toasty just comes in and makes a totally random vote while realizing that people are not making random votes. That kind of behaviour's counter-productive to the town.[/quote]

Anyway, What happened to the multiquote button near the bottom of each post?
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Awesoma »

Packbat wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Packbat wrote:For now, Parama, StrangerCoug, and Awesoma are my top three scumspects (ugly wagon, ugly self-vote, and ugly Par-vote, respectively)

Explain how our actions are "ugly".

If I had a good explanation, I wouldn't say "ugly" - what I have is gut feelings:

1. There's nothing ugly about Parama's actions; it's the votes on the Par-wagon - particularly Awesoma's at #30 - which bother me. Too many, too quick, too little dissent. It feels like town saying, "He sounds good, all right" and scum saying, "sweet, town is letting us get away with it!" Could be completely an illusion, obviously, but L-2 this early makes me worry.

2. You vote for Parama, for reasonable reasons ... then jump off Parama rapidly to vote for yourself at #13, invoking your five-game losing streak as scum ending with Color Concentration. Well, I was in Color Concentration, as you may recall, and you lost there because your partner self-destructed. Also: #27, "while my self-vote is admittedly a bit WIFOM-based"? Scummish.

(I'm a bit biased because of Slaxx #23, unfortunately; it felt like scum protecting a scumbuddy-townie pair in Parama/StrangerCoug, but given Slaxx is conftown that's impossible.)

3. Awesoma's case starts at #16, with the very weirdly-phrased remark about "fair" voting, and continues into the weird disjointed premature-L-2 #30. Awesoma, is English your first language?

Of course English is my first language. I'm working on a more cleaned up version gramatically of my reads so far that I will post soon.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Awesoma »

My Reads Post

First, I will start off by analyzing myself, as I am arguably the most suspicious.
My first post, I admit, was quite a mess, and now that I look back at it, it is not the way I would ever want to start off a game.
RVS ended as soon as Parama, a post before me (Post 15), stated
I'm not terribly easy to catch as scum, though I suck at scum, but it hardly matters since I'm town this game.

Once again, at post #22 I responded to Bub Bidderskins in a very terrible (At least gramatically) post. I'm going to clean it up and lay it out in the quote below

Edited Post:

Question: What do you mean by "fair voting"?
My definition of the term "fair voting", is casting your vote with some evidence behind it, like a read. When I think of fair voting, I try to limit my vote cast to evidence that I can draw from the current game I am playing in. I don't want to include reads or outcomes from previous games in my evidence, as each role at the start of a game is determined randomly. When I think of RVS, I think of casting my vote for someone for an unvalid reason, such as "Their name is at the top of the list", or "In previous games, they are almost always scummy".

Original Post:
Voting with some evidence behind it in this game, not of previous games, or how we knew that player in previous games or posts that are not in this game's thread.
All roles are assigned randomly, so one who is known for being scummy from overall games is not neccessarily scummy. RVS as interpreted by me is a random voting stage, where there is no true backing to a vote. I want to wait until we get at least through the second page so I can produce some quality reads before I vote. Basically I am just not voting at the moment.

The original post looked like it was written by a first grader, and that is really embarassing to me.
I am not getting pressured enough to reveal my role...at least not yet.
Once again, I hope that this cleared things up about me, at least by a little bit.

Since I'm still on my read, Ill UNVOTE: Parama.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
StrangerCoug
VOTE: Parama

As I remember saying in a previous game, when you're sane, you're dangerous to the scum. Scum cannot tolerate your in-your-face playstyle.

That was your first post. This is what caused me to make my first post. I agree with you're second sentence.

There were already a few people that were major topics of discussion: Parama and I are the main candidates for revival, while Awesoma is being viewed as scummy.

After my poorly written first post, I can see why I am being viewed as scummy. Anywho, Parama was rising up that vote mark far too fast. That in itself made me look scummy. At post #27, you state that your post was a bit WIFOM-based. Thats scummy to me.

I do not have any further reads on StrangerCoug, as most of his posts are directed at me and my first post.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Parama
Vote: Parama
No rule against it, and looking at the playerlist, I don't have enough trust in any of the other players to successfully townhunt.
Oh yeah, just FYI, this game is about townhunting just as much as it is about scumhunting.
Now vote me because I'm obvious town. Thanks

Parama starts off the game voting for himself. This isnt really a surprise to me. At the start of the game when the only person you can trust is yourself, then this makes sense. This marks the start the Par-Wagon.

Awesoma is on my scum list. At least for now. She will not be saved on Day 0.25.

I think Parama was the first to divert attention to me. I cannot further comment on this because I am biased.
Haha, he's calling the top two wagons scum and voting the confirmed town.
Obviously, Packbat's actively scumhunting.

Not really a read, but I agree.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Slaxx
Mafia can't kill on night 1, so I have no problem doing this:

Claim Town Summoner

If I am alive during the day phase, I can resurrect someone (I think is town) at the cost of my own life. Basically it speeds the day up by 1. I claimed this today because the chances of reviving another townie are greater today than any other day technically and mafia cannot kill tonight. I can't be roleblocked because it is a day action. I actually had this crazy idea to draw the kill right before night deadline then use it so mafia wasted a kill on me but it says day only sooooo yeah no need to wait now.

This should get discussion really fired up.

This is probably the biggest bombshell of this game so far. This post confirms that Slaxx is a townie, unless we have reason to believe he is lying later in the game.
Unless you have vastly improved since your last scum game I played with you(no offense, you still won) then you are town.

Town: Bub, Toasty, Parama

Scum: Probably One of AntB/Awesoma

-AntB scum=Awesoma town and Bobs town
-AntB town=Possibly Awesoma scum

This is also not part of my reads, but I want to draw attention to this post, even if it draws more attention to me.

Oh, and because of all this VOTE: Slaxx
PackBat
I haven't read Toasty's games, and I don't see the anti-town either. And quite frankly, I find the speed at which the Par-wagon built ... worrying. For now, Parama, StrangerCoug, and Awesoma are my top three scumspects (ugly wagon, ugly self-vote, and ugly Par-vote, respectively), so:

UNVOTE: StrangerCoug
VOTE: Slaxx

Agreed, it was too quick to decide. I mark you, PackBat, as town, as you seem to be on quite the scumhunt.

The other posts that you have under your belt just fortify my belief that you are town.
Thats all for now.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Awesoma »

Guys, I gotta go V/LA until July 4th. Il be posting throughout the vacation though, As Ill have sporatic internet access. Ill post a new set of reads soon.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Awesoma »

malpascp wrote:I think both Packbat and Crypto are town. That's it. We should move to today's revival, not the living guys. If someone dies tonight, we will know if we have living scum or not. Anyway, Bub is our best shot.

Based on what Ive gathered from the posts I missed during my vacation, I agree with this.

(Anyway, In relation to my vacation, My Verizon portable modem flubbed out. Ever since the 4th i've been in the middle of an ISP switch also.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”