RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod 1 wrote:Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.

I'm just quoting this for my fellow players because this is an unusual rule.

Mod 1 wrote:
Grow Your Business:
Once per Night, if you activated no abilities during the previous Day and you activate no abilities during this Night, you may choose one ability you possess that has more than one use remaining; you gain another use of that ability.

So, Mod, in other words, if I were to buy, like, a Vig power, not use it during the current day I buy it or the succeeding night, I would have two shot the next day? If that's not true, could you give an example of this for me?

Mod 1 wrote:No member of the mafia gets an Efficiency Bonus; they receive the same amount of money regardless of the length of the Day.

Interesting...

Mod 1 wrote:If a lynch occurs or deadline is met, all auctions are immediately ended, with the current bidder winning.

This is also interesting. This could make for some opportunistic hammering opportunities.

Mod 2 wrote:
Setup Information (Day):
You may PM the mod a yes-or-no question about the setup (but not about players in the setup, or about the current game state -- that is, you may only ask a question that could be answered before the roles were randomized and assigned) and receive back a truthful answer.

Oh, wow. Very cool.

I'm also confirming that I understand my role PM and win condition.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

This is much more involved than I thought it would be, btw.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

MS 24 wrote:^Really?

I guess it does seem a little intense at first glance, but after letting it sit awhile it don't seem all that bad.

Oh, I don't mean it in a bad way. I'm just saying that there's going to be more to it than I originally thought. I think there could be a lot of strategy involved in this game. Especially if we have someone trying to plan out how cash should be spent.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod 30 wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:So, Mod, in other words, if I were to buy, like, a Vig power, not use it during the current day I buy it or the succeeding night, I would have two shot the next day? If that's not true, could you give an example of this for me?

You have the idea correct; however, it is not true in this specific case because of the "you possess that has
more than one
use remaining" clause, which would keep it from working if you only had Night-kill x 1.

I'm sorry,
Mod
. I'm still confused. Could you give me an example, please? Just from any random power.

---

In regards to Regfan's post 31, I agree 100% with his Efficiency Bonus and mostly with his other comments. The town does not need to drag its feet about lynches, and Transfers should be fairly open. I mean, if you think a player is town enough to transfer funds to, then you should be able to state that in the thread. I'm not sure if we should be completely open with how many funds are being transferred, but that should be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Investing should mostly be left up to the individual unless we're really planning something. I doubt most players are going to decide to invest if only because there is probably a good split between people (as we can already see with the bidding) who are aiming for early powers and those who aren't.

I have no opinion in regards to advertising. I mean, if you're considering putting money towards advertising, then I'm sure you have a reason to do so. My initial impression of it is that it does seem unnecessary because there are so many powers on the list already to choose from. But, you know, that's just me.

Regfan 34 wrote:Nightkill should be only aimed at if you're willing to place all your funds on it and aiming for nothing else, this is something I would only recommend for people considering the back-up of investment. The perfect thing with this occuring is that the players who missed it but recieved full investment will likely be able to snatch this from the mafia tommorow.

Another thing to consider is that spending money on NK bidding may drain money from the scum's collective fund pool. If someone felt they weren't very confident in their abilities as a PR, this may be a good way to spend money (also Transfers should be considered).

---

mal 41 wrote:really who the heck is bidding for setup information?

As Pere noted, there's a lot of information we can gather with this. Size of the scumteam. Funds of the scumteam. Whether there is a third-party role or not. etc.

It probably won't be quite as useful as we start to learn more about the setup later in the game, but it can be really helpful right now. Remember that the scum knows a lot more about the setup than we do right now.

---

IceGuy 48 wrote:We should somehow coordinate our bids to not overbid ourselves. I propose claiming of what we're bidding on, so every ability is only bid on by one player.

I tentatively support this until/unless someone thinks of an issue with this. IceGuy is right about the idea that the town should NOT be having bidding wars over the same powers if at all possible.

---

Seacore 60 wrote:I would like to nominate Red Coyote to bid $99 for the NK. If he has already bid on something I'd like him to nominate (and recommend Reg)

I don't mind doing something like this. Remember that scum can probably transfer funds between themselves though, so I doubt that we'll be able to pull this off. That being said, it will force to make a decision to drain a significant portion of their funds on it (keeping them from being as competitive elsewhere in the Marketplace).

---

Regfan 67 wrote:If we do somehow manage to grab hold of night kill today it should be claimed out loud and then vig-voted to determine who should be shot.

No, I will not accept this. If you guys want me to do this, then I will not necessarily be listening to any winner of a "vig-vote". I would take it into consideration, but the kill would be decided by me. I would also be willing to inform the town
who
I killed after the fact, of course.

The reason I won't submit to a vig-vote is twofold. First, I don't want the scum/any other anti-town faction(s) to know who I am going to kill. Second, it would be better on the town in regards to how they're going to be able to read my alignment through my kill. Third, scum will have an influence on a vig-vote, but they wouldn't have an influence on a kill left ultimately up to me. Obviously the rest of you don't know that to be true, but then we go back to my second and first points: I plan to inform the town who I shot after it happens and my taking full responsibility for the shot would be more valuable in the town gauging my alignment than if I were to leave it up to a vig-vote alone.

So, you know, if you don't accept the above, then you don't want me to be bidding on the NK.

---

HN 71 wrote:- Forgot who brought I up, but a SK is highly unlikely in this setup. Considering he'd have to buy his kill and all.
- Random thought. Mass claim amount of starting cash?

- I would not rely on the likeliness/unlikeliness of a third-party until we have more information.
- No, not interested in this. This is one of the few things we have over the scum. Let's just assume everyone has 100 dollars for the time being.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, I forgot...

Vote: Midnight's Sorrow

I surprisingly get good vibes from everyone here at the moment, but I'm sure this will change as the game goes on. MS would be the person I'm least sure of as town right now.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Gotcha. That's what I thought, but for some reason it wasn't clicking.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, there's just no good way to communicate (short of Neighborizer, hint hint) our bids without the scum getting wise to it. There's also no good way to prevent the scum from taking whatever power they want unless we show that we're willing to compete some.

The only solid strategies we have in place at the moment are Seacore going for Setup Info and someone from the town should bid high on the NK, right?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

IceGuy 105 wrote:Players should claim what they're bidding on, and should not bid on more than one ability per day, except for Last Will, which should go to somebody with a high-risk town ability (cop or doc). Nobody should bid against a claimed town bid.

This is a really risky strategy that I don't think I want to support. We're giving up a lot of information with this. Like Reg says, we're effectively telling the scum who will have what power. If you ask me, townies competing amongst town & scum > not competing at all. The scum will just inherently have more organizational skills than us here, especially prior to getting the Neighborizer.

---

HN 116 wrote:You guys all seem to be forgetting one thing. We don't KNOW which abilities will be up for auction tomorrow. You're all discussing things as though every day will be like today.

I don't know if we should necessarily err on the side of a small Marketplace tomorrow. You're probably right, but this is just one of those things where we don't need to cross this bridge until we get there. I would not bother wasting money on advertising until we know for sure that it will be beneficial.

---

Chaos 126 wrote:I understand the logic behind this, but I don't really agree with it. Especially in this sort of setup with limited use powers. The cop can make 2 quick investigations and then claim them with no real drawback. An extra investigation is nice, but it's not very useful if they're dead.

Grow you business is a largely individual decision. If you think you don't have a good chance at being NK'd, then I see no reason why you shouldn't try to take advantage of it. I trust everyone here to thoughtfully make this decision on their own.

---

hiphop 128 wrote:You may of course outbid me if you want, if you truly think I am scum. And yes I am saying that the cop should not waste an investigation on me(if I somehow get it), because an innocent will not prove anything, but anybody else, I guarantee a correct result.

...did you just claim that you bid on Investigation Immunity?

---

Unvote
;
vote: bobsnox

He's unreadable so far, and at this point it's perhaps purposefully so.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Crap, how much longer until we start eating at our bonus? I'm sorry that I've been away.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Unvote
;
Vote: WeyounsLastClone

I have no particular reason to think of him as more townie than anyone else. I'd prefer we get our D1 lynch off as soon as possible, gentlemen. Unless we miraculously get a scumkill today from a townie winning the NK, then we're never going to have more townies than we do today. The best way to capitalize on this is to get a large of a bonus as possible. Unless someone has a very strong reason for keeping WLC alive, then I suggest we get this lynch moving yesterday. It's not perfect, but the cash advantage is more significant than throwing it all away for the slim increase in chances of lynching a scum today. Any scum player worth their salt will be able to avoid a D1 lynch. From a purely utilitarian perspective, the cash bonus is more valuable than spending the time on debating this lynch.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Two people from the group of ChaosOmega, Seacore, PeregrineV, WeyounsLastClone, malpascp, Midnight's Sorrow, HellloooNewman, and IceGuy need to get their butts moving before we lose another day of bonus.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ethos 195 wrote:1) Mafia shot at the person that doctor saved therefore the doctor was held by a town player and the saved is town and clear, this is possible. 2) Town shot at the person that doctor saved therefore the doctor could be held by either allignment, this is likely not the case. 3) WLC bought night-kill and no kill was made due to it dying with him, this is the one that I believe is the most likely.

Two seems like this could be elaborated on publicly. If a townie got the NK, they should be upfront with us and tell us what they did with it.

Ethos, I'd actually consider the first option a little more than usual because if WLC was holding the scum's NK, I doubt they would've gave him up so easily. I mean, I don't know if they could've saved him, but it seems like that lynch went through without much struggle. This is all WIFOM, but it's like, I don't know, even though I gave this speech about how we need to rush this kill, I honestly didn't expect anyone to follow through with it. I'm glad y'all did, but I just didn't expect it.

Additionally, I propose a fourth possiblity (although it isn't much different from the second possibility you already mentioned). The scum just didn't bother bidding on the NK. They may have focused on either investing or bidding on other things.

Ethos 195 wrote:The fact that investigation immunity was sniped means that mafia feared the cop attaining useful reports

How do you know this was sniped by scum? Am I just missing something?

Ethos 195 wrote:Love potion really is pointless, no one better bid ofr it.

Eh, I'd rather town have it and just
not use it
than I would give it up to scum.

---

mal 198 wrote:I want to claim that I won absolutely zero bids D1. Info at your disposal. My thoughts are not very accurate right now, but I will be back tomorrow.

There's no reason for you to say this as town. No one asked for this information. There's no reason for you to volunteer this.

---

Seacore 200 wrote:So, that could mean there's a 3rd party. Or it could mean that members of one of the other two factions have a different worded win con. So if you're town and not an Entrepreneur, check your win con. Don't answer anything in thread, but eventually, I might want to know.

Tomorrow I might as about how many people are in the same faction as the Mafia Zaibatsu Member.

Now I'm thinking it might be more likely there are multiple scum teams due to the name of WLC's role. This was a good question to ask though, I think. I think it's safe to assume that there is either another scumteam or a third-party role.

---

hiphop 201 wrote:Am I the only one who sees that nk went for $100? Which means that town does not have it, but mafia.

Oh and because I did not win any auctions yesterday, and had invested money at the start of the day yesterday, I fully intend to win an ability today. I was thinking nk, thoughts?

Good catch. Yeah, I don't have an issue with this.

---

HN 211 wrote:I have 1 more use of Oracle. Should I use it, or hang on to it?

Might as well use it. I mean, unless you have grow your business.

---

Ethos 218 wrote:Seacore, here is the question you need:

"Are there three or more factions consisting of at least two people?"

I second this question.

---

Seacore 229 wrote:Okay, so now that that's out of the way, I think Newman may be scum

Newman bid and won oracle yesterday. That is $20 +1 for bidding.
Newman made two claims today one of which was $189 +2 for bidding

So that is $222.
I'm going to go with the fact that Entrepreneurs start with 100 and then got another 90 last night. Where is your $32 coming from Newman?

Very good catch. This crossed my mind, but I didn't crunch the numbers.

---

Ghost 235 wrote:Acutally, I just read something I need to share immediately. I won the Cop ability last night and investigated Seacore last night and got the fact he was town. I wanted to make sure that the setup was in good hands, and it seems that it is. Another possiblity, Seacore: maybe more than two scum factions exist?

I already have good feelings about Seacore, so this makes me feel better about you both.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Also, I'm fine with an HN lynch. This whole ordeal just seems too much. I don't think he was being upfront with us about his bidding.

Ethos is right that we should hold off, but we should lynch him before we lose our bonus.

I also don't understand why Ethos is having to defend HN rather than HN defending himself. Ethos, are you implying that Ice/Seacore/hiphop are all actively trying to get HN lynched under false pretenses? Or are they all just mistaken?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

PS: Or is it some combination of the two?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I've been letting you guys down with my activity, and there's no excuse for that. I've set aside some time later tonight to post here.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

hiphop 344 wrote:Rc- were you the one to bid $99 for nk day 1 as planned?

No. Seacore never responded to my thing, so I just kind of dropped it. I have another plan in the works.

---

I'm reading over the thread, and it's all just kind of going in one ear and out the other for me.

I get a very uneasy vibe off of HN. I'm not one to forgive and forget here. I feel like we could second guess his explanations all day, but at the end of the day we still have to look him in the eye and accept that he lied to us and claims to have deleted Mod PMs in an ongoing game. That doesn't sit right with me, and I think that's grounds for a lynch alone.

That said, Seacore is right to be anxious about MS. MS has a poor voting history, almost like he's waiting for something to happen before he makes a move. I don't like it. I don't like the things he says, the overbearing sense of confusion he has. He just doesn't read all that town to me right now.

I think Lady has done a good job opening up. I think Ethos is okay although he could've just been paying lip service to the idea that they were going back and forth on HN. I think any sane townie is unsure of HN's alignment but predisposed to distrusting anything he has to say at this point.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote: Midnight's Sorrow

I meant to do this in my post, but I forgot to tack it on.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”