TT; Book 1: Bible Verse Mafia - Game over!

Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:09 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

I've managed to slog through all of the mud, and it was interesting that the two people I thought were suspicious (flying low and looking at post 359 & I don't remember the other but I'll try to find it) ended up as anti-town. Question to all, after it was discoverd that CA was lying, why was there not more of a to-do made about it? Or is no one here interested in the LAL bit? From what I can see of Pooky, it seems he did not start posting anything of any length or detail, til someone called him on it... which is why he caught my attention. But, I have one other person/correlation to look at in detail before I cast my vote.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:17 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Interesting that you characterize what CA was doing as flat-out lying. I don't think it was that; perhaps straightforwardness, but I don't think he was being deceptive about all that much.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:22 am

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

3 Kerplunk (VisMaior, VitaminR, Fritzler)
5 PookyTheMagicalBear (LoudmouthLee, mith, Dragon Phoenix, Glork, Commodore Amazing)

2 Dragon Phoenix (RoadBird, Thoth)
1 Thoth (inHimshallibe)

not voting (3): Ameliaslay, EnderX, PookyTheMagicalBear

8 to lynch.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:32 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

As to my "conclusions" - I've spent quite a good while now looking at the voting records throughout games, and what the implications of scum voting together/separately, the cause-effect of bandwagons stalling, and so on, so forth...

All that said, to what I've written: the best place to hide your vote is not always in the biggest bandwagon, but in the second largest wagon of the Day. Thoth and mith have done this the previous two Days. mith has been investigated and found innocent, and so I have voted Thoth.

Also, I would think it very rare for two scum to not contribute to a lynch, and place/leave votes on the
same
someone that won't be lynched, which is why I say that if PB had other partners, CA would not be one of them. This doesn't rule out him being scum for another team.

Lastly, scum fuel bandwagons, so if a quick wagon dies out, I'd expect it to be because the Town has a sensible head on its shoulders and wishes to look elsewhere.

If you need me to clear up anything else, just ask.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:27 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Ameliaslay wrote:I've managed to slog through all of the mud, and it was interesting that the two people I thought were suspicious (flying low and looking at post 359 & I don't remember the other but I'll try to find it) ended up as anti-town. Question to all, after it was discoverd that CA was lying, why was there not more of a to-do made about it? Or is no one here interested in the LAL bit? From what I can see of Pooky, it seems he did not start posting anything of any length or detail, til someone called him on it... which is why he caught my attention. But, I have one other person/correlation to look at in detail before I cast my vote.
Yeah, I'm going to have to reconsider that whole strategy, since I don't think we learned much through it during this game.

I did make sure to say that I wasn't a cop with a guilty on FD before the lynch, though. I didn't wait until after.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:02 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

CA wrote:@Pooky - I don't care how stupid my vote seems to you; what I need from you before I can move past you is some analysis on other players. What do you think of LML's claim? What do you think of Vis's role? Who do you think are other good scum candidates besides DP? Are there any players you feel have been leading this game in the right direction? Is inHim's plan a good plan or not?
I think LML's claim is probably geniune, I don't see it making much sense for a scum to claim cop at this stage of the game with no pressure.
It's confusing why VM hasn't been nightkilled yet but with the lack of mafia nightkill on N3 I think we can assume that it isn't from lack of trying by the scum.

Inhim doesn't so much present a plan as he does a method that he believes can evaluate bandwagon activity throughout this game in order to sniff out some scum. I've found where scum vote to be more a matter of personal preference than any evident trend and thus believe that his method would be no better than post analysis in terms of finding scum.

I've also found VitaminR slightly suspicous but I haven't played with him enough to conclude anything definite on him. I find it very odd that it's so clear that if you compare post-by-post between me and DP that our posting history can be so similar with his being clearly worse than mine yet you've decided to go after me instead of him based on reasoning that is MUCH more applicable to him than me.

It's a separation effect that I believe could be very useful later in the game.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by RoadBird »

@inhim

So you mean you think there aren't four townies having a psalm 107-verse and Thoth took the wild guess and claimed one? Is that correct?
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:15 pm

Post by mith »

Er... did I miss something? Where did Thoth claim?
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:19 pm

Post by RoadBird »

I consider post #389 that I've mentioned earlier a claim. I've asked twice now if I am incorrect with that assumption and have had not reaction.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:12 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Thoth wrote:Yes, missed the hints. Sorry.
That was in reference to mith's
backing up
someone else's claim, and also breadcrumbing in post 56 and 96, unless I have also misinterpreted that... :?
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:34 pm

Post by Thoth »

The 2nd day Roadbird wagon definitively was not the 2nd largest wagon when it was going.

I also did not mean that post as being a claim. I meant that anyone paying good attention to the game should have seen Mith posting 2 numbers that together could be a bible verse. There's no excuse for missing that.
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:46 am

Post by EnderX »

Is post #428 considered to be a claim, or were you just being sarcastic at Roadbird?
"No trees were harmed during the production of this post. However, several electrons were severely inconvenienced."
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:49 am

Post by RoadBird »

bleh....*throws out is scrapbook*

I need to re-read
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:57 am

Post by mith »

inHim's argument against Thoth bothers me. While it is certainly true that scum sometimes stay off a lynching bandwagon in order to appear more innocent when the lynched player turns up innocent, but to take that line of thinking to "we should lynch one of the players that was on the second biggest wagon both days" ducks the responsibility voting for dead innocents. I stayed off both because, at the end of the day, neither was the most suspicious in my eyes; I don't have any reason to think Thoth was voting the same out of a different motivation.

That isn't to say I think Thoth is definitely innocent, but I don't see anything else in his posts that stands out as particularly suspicious, and so I won't be voting for him on such a weak basis.

Unvote
for the moment. I'd like Pooky and DP to both post something more substantial than the little comments I've seen so far, including who (aside from each other) they find suspicious.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

3 Kerplunk (VisMaior, VitaminR, Fritzler)
4 PookyTheMagicalBear (LoudmouthLee, Dragon Phoenix, Glork, Commodore Amazing)

2 Dragon Phoenix (RoadBird, Thoth)
1 Thoth (inHimshallibe)

not voting (4): Ameliaslay, EnderX, mith, PookyTheMagicalBear

8 to lynch.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:52 am

Post by VitaminR »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I've also found VitaminR slightly suspicous but I haven't played with him enough to conclude anything definite on him. I find it very odd that it's so clear that if you compare post-by-post between me and DP that our posting history can be so similar with his being clearly worse than mine yet you've decided to go after me instead of him based on reasoning that is MUCH more applicable to him than me.

It's a separation effect that I believe could be very useful later in the game.
Eh? That's a blatant mischaracterisation of my actions. Where have I gone after you? I responded to your ranting because I didn't feel it was justified. I've never stated you were the most unproductive person in the game nor have I voted you for unproductivity. Why would DP need to be involved? I have not singled you out. I went into a discussion with you because I thought your position and attitude were unjustified and potentially harmful to the town.

Also, why me? Why not, say Glork (or even DP who is voting you for unproductivity when he is less productive)? He
has
voted you over DP for unproductivity. He has even declined to discuss it with you directly.

Unvote: Kerplunk

Vote: Pooky

For mischaracterisation and ignoring the actions of others to single me out unfairly.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:47 am

That 2nd sentence in the quote isn't even about you, I'm addressing Glork in the post and that 2nd sentence is referring to HIM.

Only the first sentence is referring to you and I've certainly not mischaracterized you in that first sentence.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:39 pm

Post by RoadBird »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It's a separation effect that I believe could be very useful later in the game.
Could you please clarify.

I was wondering how many more votes it'll take to make you claim.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:27 pm

The separation effect means that people actively looked at my posting record and DP's and decided to choose to vote for me over DP.

If possibly later in the game me and DP are dead and revealed that I'm innocent while he's scumbag, this separation effect separates the remaining townies by who voted for me and who voted for DP, players can use that information to decide later on lynches.

I'm not going to claim until I get more on me than a bunch of hunches or at least some sort of debate over my innocence.

I'm not a big fan of claiming because of random bandwagons.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:04 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

You want more discussion from me? Let me throw one from left field. I have been pondering whether to bring this up, but now seems as good a time as any. We have two claimed townies, mith and Roadbird, that have identical roles identified by different codes (Psalms 107:8 and Psalms 107:31): Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.

The funny thing though is that my role also is townie, but I have a different code and a different line: Acts 28:18 = They examined me and wanted to release me, because I was not guilty of any crime deserving death.

I still don't know what to make of this - it seems a very daring gambit for scum to make, so for the time being I think they're OK. :?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:08 am

Post by mith »

As I said earlier, I don't think we're meant to be townies. I think we're meant to be weakened masons.

Curious about the claim from DP. I'm reminded once more of something he said about claiming on the GL:
You should know better than that, mith. I do NOT claim this early in the game, unless I am a cop or doc or scum.
Granted, it's a tad later in the game, and this is a somewhat unique game. But there's not all that much pressure on him, and it surprises me that he'd claim now.

~wanders off to think/procrastinate/write-silly-scenes-for-VM~
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:13 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I didn't claim because of pressure - there is hardly any. I just decided that it would be good to have all of us ponder about this, rather than me mulling it over.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:37 am

How do you know you're a townie again?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Because I have no night or day action....
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 am

Post by Glork »

*shrugs*

Seems 'nilla townie, unlynchable, or possibly a scumbag who comes up as innocent in investigations. That's what comes to mind when I see the quote, anyway.

....this is, of course, assuming we believe your claim. ;)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”