Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by Regfan »

/Confirm. I haven't had a good chance to read over the rules however I plan on sitting down later tonight and going over it multiple times. From a quick glance of it I believe an organised system could potentially increase our chances of winning massively.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Regfan »

The fact that mafia have daytalk means that their decisions in regards to selection and bidding will likely be organised therefore it will be difficult to decide on an optimal play openly in the thread however I believe multiple things need to be mentioned.

~~

Efficency Bonus: The bonus that is obtained for a faster lynch is actually quite beneficial and means that the game stalling or delaying at any point will be highly damaging, furthermore mafia are likely to be attempting to slow the game down therefore I urge everyone to attempt to stay as active as they can. I know that the idea of a lynch in less than a week is sub-optimal and damaging to the needed level of content but I believe a lynch in roughly ten days should be a target that we set for ourselves.

~~

Transfers: All transfers should be stated in the thread before proceeding. Doing so will allow us to have some form of idea over who indeed has how much money because the major advantage that mafia seem to hold is an increased amount of funds provided to them upon game start allowing them to guarentee any item they want. This means that any item bought for greater than $100 can be automatically be assumed to be mafia-owned and therefore any player that knows that this is the case should state that openely in the thread.

~~

Investment: I wouldn't recommend initially investing because it allows mafia to have a bigger crack at the power roles provided however I do believe that if you do not obtain an item by the end of bidding you should place all possible funds into investment. If you do still however lean towards greatly investing all your funds I would suggest placing your maximum bidding pool on night-kill just on the off-chance that mafia haven't attempted to grab it with everything they have and forcing them to use a greater deal of their funds on it allowing more to be won elsewhere.

~~

Advertising: Despite the fact that I'm currently majoring in Marketing I believe that spending funds on advertising is counter productive and pointless in this game. Spending funds on this for one may lead against the desired result if another townie or mafia place a higher bid as well as doing nothing other than ensuring that an item is up for auction the following day but not assuring that it is yourself or a town player that recieves it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Regfan »

My activity may be a bit spottish in the next few days due to multiple real life obligations that I have found myself in thus the reasoning behind the want for a hydra replacement in however I perfectly understand if any of you don't want a hydra in the game. Moving onward again if anyone disagrees with any of this post they should state so.

Cop and Doctor should be aimed at without a doubt, when doing so putting large portions of your funds towards it and aiming for relatively little elsewhere is recommended. Extra Vote should be aimed at however it also needs to be realized that it's highly likely that mafia will work out who it belongs to therefore when attaining it claiming so openely in the thread is likely optimal. Governor should be aimed at for the sole reason of preventing mafia from attaining it as should Investigation Immunity.

Neighborizer and Setup Information are both items I recommend bidding for, any form of communication that we can get outside of the thread leads to better organistion for future bidding and setup information allows for questions relating to the number of mafia in the setup or the amount of money they recieved initally could prove useful. Last Will shouldn't be aimed for as the only time it benefits town is if the player holding it dies and hands their money to a town player which isn't guarenteed. Oracle and Vote Nullifer are both incredibly weak and do nothing to benefit either side that much therefore I would recommend against it.

Nightkill should be only aimed at if you're willing to place all your funds on it and aiming for nothing else, this is something I would only recommend for people considering the back-up of investment. The perfect thing with this occuring is that the players who missed it but recieved full investment will likely be able to snatch this from the mafia tommorow.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Regfan »

If we do somehow manage to grab hold of night kill today it should be claimed out loud and then vig-voted to determine who should be shot. Governor, Investigation immunity and Extra Vote claiming in-thread is also a good idea as it allows us to have a better idea of what's going on in the auctioning as well as prevents mafia hiding such abilities. Vote nullifer on the other hand is so pointless that no one should even attempt to bid on it. Consider it this way, if mafia were to recieve it and nullify a town players vote we would have a near clear, if they were to attempt to clear themselves by blocking one of their own votes then mafia have less control over the lynch, again a win situation.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Regfan »

Seacore, that's a valid point but at the same time we would be in a fine position if we held the double voter ie. Double voter is much more beneficial than vote nullifer.

Chaos, you have it incorrect, if a lynch occurs before the auction is over the highest bidder wins it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Regfan »

Weyoun, I touched on investing earlier which I still believe is something that should only occur when aiming for Cop/Doc/NK with all your funds and missing. As for growing your business, it makes some sense to do as cop and to a degree doctor however I recommend against attempted to do so with anything else. I also recommend against the person who currently has the highest night kill bid claiming because it just lets mafia know who isn't aiming for doctor/cop and so forth which likely isn't the best move at this point.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Regfan »

I'm going to attempt to refrain from stating my overall reads on everyone at the moment. I want everyone to voice in on the setup mechanics and what they agree and disagree with in terms of bidding tactics before we progress. Claiming the amounts theat everyone has bidded on every item is sub-optimal and should be avoided until later in the game as it gives mafia a list of players to night kill however I have no problem with the list that Seacore suggested claiming when they recieve the item or even when they have the leading bid as it gives us a chance to prevent town bidding wars.

~~

Seacore, has the leading bid on Setup Info for $41 therefore no one else should bid on that unless they have serious doubts on Seacores allignment which should be brought up in thread.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by Regfan »

For the sake of summarization I'll attempt to restate all of my thoughts in this post. I want
everyones
thoughts on these.

A 10 day lynch target should be set to attain a reasonable efficency bonus. Transfers should be publically announced before completion however the amount transfered can stay secret. Investment should be last resort and a player should bid all their funds on night-kill before investing. Advertising should be avoided for the early day phases of the game. Growing your business is overrated and shouldn't really be aimed at doing for any role in particular the exception being a cop who believes they're likely to be alive near the end game. Players should attempt to avoid openely claiming which bids are theirs this early on in the day as it gives mafia information to help amend their plans and plan their night kills however since Seacore has already claimed no one else should place a bid on Setup Information without openely stating suspicion towards Seacore.

Players shouldn't attempt to spread their bidding too thin and should set themselves a maxinum of two items to bid for. Cop, doctor, neighbourzier, setup information and night-kill should be what we ultimately aim for as they all provide the greatest benefit whereas Governor, Investigation Immunity, Extra vote and Vote nullifer should be considered aiming for soley to prevent mafia attaining them. Last will and oracle should not be aimed for as neither provide any real benefit for us or the scum. Whoever recieves nightkill should publically claim it and then a decision of whether we're vig-votting or not shall be made. Governor, Investigation Immunity, Setup Information, Extra Vote and Vote Nullifer should also consider open claiming when recieving the item.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Regfan »

I completely agree that a strategy needs to be put in place before a lynch occurs. Transfer of funds don't actually occur until the next day therefore there's minimal town motivation to transfer funds at this point in the game so any transfer of funds done by town need to be stated openely in the thread sooner rather than later. I don't understand how you can believe that players claiming on everything they bid on would be optimal, them doing so literally tells mafia who holds the cop and doctor power which they will proceed to kill straight away if they recieve night kill.

IceyGuy wrote: Cop, Extra Vote, Last Will, Neighborizer and Vote Nullifier should grow their business, as this abilities become more important every Day/Night.

Cop guarenteeing use of their ability night one is much more efficent to waiting until later in the game when they could potentially be dead. Furthermore their result should either give them a confirmed mafia which is highly valuable or someone they can be near certain is town thereby allowing them to transfer needed funds to that player. Neighbourizer has three uses and this game is likely not to go further than day four or five therefore there's no need for them to grow their business at all, neighbourizer will likely be our strongest weapon when it comes to properly organising our bids therefore it needs to be used as soon as possible. Vote Nullifer only has one use therefore cannot grow their buisness and last will and double voter I care not what people do with because they likely will have little impact on the game.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:09 am

Post by Regfan »

So the doctor can get shot night one and the cop night two?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Regfan »

IceGuy wrote:Only if scum manages to win the NK both nights. And none of them has Last Will. And if they survive to D3, it doesn't matter anyway because they've used up their shots, if they don't Grow Their Business as you propose.

Scum pooling their funds can near guarentee that they get the night kill both nights. We shouldn't be lining up their targets for them but instead our aim should be to have them shooting into a pool of Cop/Doctor/Nopower/Nopower/Nopower and so forth. That's the reason that Neighbourizer, Investigation Immunity, Double Vote, Governor, Setup Information and Vote Nullifer claiming are optimal.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Regfan »

Grey, you played outstandingly, you really did. There were a lot of points where Slaxx and I would consider you being mafia but your play was good enough to make us always list you as town and move on to looking elsewhere. Congrats on the win, especially after the position you were in upon replacing in.

Wasn't mine or Slaxxs best game but at the end of the day but I wouldn't consider it my worst either. There's not too much about my play that I regret, the only thing I wish I did more was insist upon no one voting and hammering more often though I'll learn from that I'm sure.

Magua, you are a troll and I never will join your games again. What sort of mod gives me a win condition that lets me only win if I am last alive with money when I get no income!
Thanks for the game though, it was a blast overall.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”