TT; Book 1: Bible Verse Mafia - Game over!

Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:54 am

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

2 Kerplunk (VisMaior, Fritzler)
5 PookyTheMagicalBear (LoudmouthLee, Dragon Phoenix, Glork, Commodore Amazing, VitaminR)

2 Dragon Phoenix (RoadBird, Thoth)
1 Thoth (inHimshallibe)

not voting (4): Ameliaslay, EnderX, mith, PookyTheMagicalBear

8 to lynch.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:19 am

Post by Glork »

I love how Kerplunk isn't in the game anymore, but still has two votes on him.

Nothing to add at the moment, vote stands on Pooky. I think that by now, you all know why.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Still no response to my rebuttal of every one of your reasons?

Still no explanation of why you choose to vote me over DP initially when shown the post by post comparison of our posting history?

Still no bloody answer to the questions I've been asking you?

The good ol stonewall approach enh?

My question to DP is very simple, HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE NO NIGHTACTIONS OR DAYACTIONS?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by Thoth »

God wrote: Additionally, they will be told if they have an ability and whether or not their choice is optional or required. If an ability requires more info concerning the choice, it will be given as well. All other details of the abilities and their effects are for the players to figure out for themselves.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:21 pm

I wanted DP to say that thoth.

Blah way to mess up my attempt to possibly trip up scum who might've skimped over that section of the rules.

Bleh I say! Bleh!
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:34 pm

Post by RoadBird »

unvote

I'm starting to hear an echo. Not willing to claim. Keeps on ranting about random bandwaging. Sound like Flying Dutchman.

You have made it clear to me that you are not a townie. Nonetheless I would like DP to answer your question too.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:52 pm

I never said I wasn't a townie.

I've given absolutely no information about my role and will continue to not give any until I get a satisfactory debate that actually shows me why I am being considered scummier than other people by these bandwagonners.

Out of the people voting for me, we have those who haven't given any reason, one who's given a list of reasons and had them carefully explained out and counterquestioned but continues to refuse to address the rebuttals even after promising to do so after said exams because he wants to get "more people involved"(you mean get other people to answer my rebuttals to your accusations for you? how does that make any sense?)
and one person who's completely misinterpreted one of my posts and has voted me on that.

We have DP who has suspiciously preempted any major bandwagon switch onto him by claiming right away, and apparently that's what every1 likes, people bare all fairly fast b4 the pressure even arrives. This is a guy who doesn't like mass claims, who understands that every claim made is giving more information to the scumbags, why would he so nonchalantly claim? Cuz he can't figure out what his bloody role does? Are you guys seriously buying that? Hell why don't all the players without nightchoices put their bloody roles into the open so we can collectively mull over them and hopefully figure out who's the nightkill immune one and who's the lynch immune one and who might have a hidden double vote and HAND THE BLOODY NIGHTCHOICEPLAYERS TO THE SCUM ON THE GOLDEN PLATTER! THAT'S BLOODY GENIUS!

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who's had his guts tossed around by the DP claim!?

Let me get this straight, in the town there are the straight up roleplayers who have nightactions and are told so, and all the other townie-townie+s who get some cryptic sounding bible verse. And it's perfectly all right for said townies/townies+ to REVEAL THEIR cryptic sounding bible verse so that the town can collectively mull over what the heck it means(how hard can it be for scum to randomly choose a verse out of the several thousand out there?) we hand the nightchoice people on a plate over to the scum who also have a fairly accurate view of who townie+'s are and what their passive abilities/attributes might be while spewing all sorts of smoke around about their role and others roles.

It's not good for the town to out townies/townie+'s, it gives the scum an idea of where to look for our action roles and it gives them an idea of what they're up against in the general population, it's information that we shouldn't be giving them. It's not helpful that DP claimed, I'd say it's downright harmful.

And honestly if his verse is actually what he says it is, then he's probably bloody unlynchable or investigation immune(which implies badness, what have u got to hide if ur innocent?)

Either one would be a good lynch IMO.
EnderX
EnderX
Goon
EnderX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Post by EnderX »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Let me get this straight, in the town there are the straight up roleplayers who have nightactions and are told so, and all the other townie-townie+s who get some cryptic sounding bible verse.
Um, exactly where did you get that from? It sounds like you're implying that the scum didn't get verses, when we know that they did, since we've already had two numbers-scum go down. Yes, I agree that nightchoice players probably got told that they had one, and non-nightchoice players were told they didn't. Exactly how does that differ from a normal game? The only difference I can see is what I stated before, that you seem to somehow think only townie-esque roles got verses.

If I'm getting anything in your comments and/or logic incorrect, please say so and point out where I am in error. "Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred." [That's not a verseclaim...I simply felt it was appropriate flavor text.]
"No trees were harmed during the production of this post. However, several electrons were severely inconvenienced."
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

mith wrote:inHim's argument against Thoth bothers me. While it is certainly true that scum sometimes stay off a lynching bandwagon in order to appear more innocent when the lynched player turns up innocent, but to take that line of thinking to "we should lynch one of the players that was on the second biggest wagon both days" ducks the responsibility voting for dead innocents.
But, using the information given, I think this is quite possibly our best play for the day. Let me go back and look at the lynch wagons too, and I'll see about another player.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Oh, and I didn't intend to let others off the hook for lynching innocents. We should definitely consider the lynch voters, as I mentioned in the previous post.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Pooky - then why aren't you voting someone? Hesitancy to vote seems fairly scummy to me.

On both lynches: CA, Fritzler, inHim, Pooky, RoadBird - I'll also consider voting one of these guys (except myself).

Vote: Pooky
Show

:

Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:52 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Aw, well my thoughts/suspicions came to nothing... Looks like I misinterpreted some thing. I going to try to delve deeper.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by Commodore Amazing »

I could go for a Pooky lynch.

@Pooky - We'll probably get enough votes on you to hit a claim anyway. Might as well claim now.

@Pooky - You are also mistaking the questions I asked you for the reasons that Glork said he's voting you for. I don't know if this is on purpose, but you've done nothing to convince me you're town. I asked you some questions about the game, and you didn't really seem to tkae interest in them. You are not weighing in on this game anymore than "Don't lynch me, random lynching people; lynch DP!" I don't like the fact that your response to a bandwagon is excusing your silence on issues by saying that other people have done the same thing.

As far as DP's claimed role, I think it's quite likely that he has a passive ability, like if we lynch him, he might survive it.

I am happy with my vote on Pooky.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:20 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

2 Glork (VisMaior, Fritzler)
6 PookyTheMagicalBear (LoudmouthLee, Dragon Phoenix, Glork, Commodore Amazing, VitaminR, inHimshallibe)

1 Dragon Phoenix (Thoth)

not voting (5): Ameliaslay, EnderX, mith, PookyTheMagicalBear, RoadBird

8 to lynch.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:00 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I have said enough. What are you trying to do? Make me quote the exact lines so that I get modkilled?
I am now quite happy with my vote.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:50 am

That's the point DP, there ARE NO LINES IN A TOWNIE PM FOR YOU TO QUOTE.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:55 am

@enderx, my post was talking about the TOWN, I am excluding bad people from the town.

@CA this what I remember you asking me:
CA wrote:@Pooky - I don't care how stupid my vote seems to you; what I need from you before I can move past you is some analysis on other players. What do you think of LML's claim? What do you think of Vis's role? Who do you think are other good scum candidates besides DP? Are there any players you feel have been leading this game in the right direction? Is inHim's plan a good plan or not?
I addressed all of those questions in post 555, if you feel that there's something I've failed to address in that post, please explain why and ask for a more thorough response.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:56 am

Post by VisMaior »

Hm thats a slipup If I ever seen one...
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:01 am

I've put down about as thorough a response as I could've humanly possibly provided to everything that's been addressed to me, in fact I've got one person who's voting me for the RESPONSE I've written to another's questions because they misread the response and then the person I was responding to apparently has decided that the response doesn't exist and I'm deliberately trying to avoid his questions.

Glork's continued to fail to respond my rebuttals of his points and counterquestions while promising to answer them, apparently he's realized it'd be a whole lot easier to wait for the rest of the people in this place to just pile onto Pooky's bandwagon and lynch him than to get into any sort of discussion with Pooky.

Meanwhile Lee who started everything's gone into bloody hibernation but hey! that's all good!

Pooky's done nothing to convince you he's innocent? What's he done to convince you that he's scum? Believe it or not this is day 3 and we shouldn't be lynching people just based on them not providing anything to convince you of their innocence!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:02 am

oh yea and
vote DP
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:09 am

Post by VisMaior »

right,
unvote, vote DP
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:33 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

@Pooky - claim or be lynched.

@Everyone - It's time to lynch Pooky.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:37 am

Post by mith »

Vote: Commodore Amazing

I don't like that post, at all. I'm somewhat suspicious of Pooky still, DP quite a bit, and I'm watching a few others, but I'm going to have to go with my gut here.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:45 am

Post by RoadBird »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:That's the point DP, there ARE NO LINES IN A TOWNIE PM FOR YOU TO QUOTE.
That is incorrect. My PM contains another line next to my bible verse but I still have no choices and still am just a townie. Defend yourself before you get my vote.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:47 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

So, Pooky, you claim to be a townie as well, but one without linse that both Roadbird (and presumably mith) and I do have?
Interesting. Vote stays.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”