Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Kinetic wrote:
Vi wrote:
Lost Butterfly wrote:

Playerbase: 11157

Choose your player wisely! Upick: Scummers edition will be coming to a large theme queue near you relatively shortly! Send in a mafiascum member and you'll get a role based on that person! Alignments
will
be randomised, pre-game but apart from that who you pick will have an impact on your role! Choose wisely!

This will be modded by Mina and Faraday. :D

At the moment it's for 16 players and 4 pre-in slots remain! PM to get your pre-in slot now!
This might be more evil than any incarnation of MetaMafia I could come up with.

All I've got to say is I fear the roles that come from players such as myself, Tar, Vi, SpyreX, Flay and Mith the most.
I think I was some sort of Cop variant.

I have a confusion, though - who would end up your VTs (besides SpyreX, apparently)? Isn't that sort of insinuating that there's nothing interesting about the player? Or do we have people who are 'aggressively' vanilla - PJ maybe?
Retired as of October 2014.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Vi »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Vi wrote:
Lost Butterfly wrote:

Choose your player wisely! Upick: Scummers edition will be coming to a large theme queue near you relatively shortly! Send in a mafiascum member and you'll get a role based on that person! Alignments
will
be randomised, pre-game but apart from that who you pick will have an impact on your role! Choose wisely!

At the moment it's for 16 players and 4 pre-in slots remain! PM to get your pre-in slot now!
This might be more evil than any incarnation of MetaMafia I could come up with.
All I've got to say is I fear the roles that come from players such as myself, Tar, Vi, SpyreX, Flay and Mith the most.
I think I was some sort of Cop variant.

I have a confusion, though - who would end up your VTs (besides SpyreX, apparently)? Isn't that sort of insinuating that there's nothing interesting about the player? Or do we have people who are 'aggressively' vanilla - PJ maybe?
Solution 1: No VTs.
Solution 2: If they don't know who the player you picked was, you get VT.
Solution 3: "Cursed" players draw VT (i.e. whoever picks Kison).
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

I intend to research every player fully if for some reason I'm not aware of them (fairly unlikely, I've read pretty much every large theme game, even the old ones). There are a number of ways people can be made VT, I'd never be
quite
so insulting as to say 'You're boring so you're vanilla' though. :P
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:00 am

Post by Tasky »

Red Herring Mafia

Moderator:
Tasky
Backup-Mod:
DemonHybrid
Reviewer:
SpyreX
Number of Players:
Number of Pre-/Ins:
Game Type:
Large Theme
The Golden Rule:
Do not, ever, try to outguess the mod.
Warning:
Might feature Cults, Jesters, Lynchers, Survivors, Moles or whichever other role you hated until now... or it might not. The only thing you know for sure is that T'sMMM is closely respected.

Some people have had enough of Red Herrings, so they hired some fierce Blue Herrings to take them out. The peaceful little pond, where those innocent false clues and diversions lived is therefore coming under attack from the inside.
Will the Red Herrings Survive? Or will idioms have to be rewritten? Will Tasky have to run Blue Herring Mafia next?

This is as crazy and as confusing as a non-bastard* game can ever get. Everything you see, everything you seem to see and especially everything you don't see will be a Red Herring... and when you think you've found a Red Herring, it will be the one clue you should have taken seriously.
There is a bigger picture in the setup, but if you think you've seen it, it will probably just have been one of the myriad false clues... or maybe I just want you to think that.
Be prepared, be sharp, be crazy. Don't trust your enemies, don't trust your friends and most important, never trust the mod.

*For my definition of non-bastardness, see Tasky's Mafia Modding Manifesto
Last edited by Tasky on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:07 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

animorpherv1 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Sims 3 Mafia is almost filled with pre-/ins! Get your spot now!

1 Spot left!

Game is planned to not start until August sometime, due to my V/LA from July 31st - About August 5th, no thread will go up in the period of time anyways.

All filled up! PM me if you want to be on my call list!
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:00 am

Post by GreyICE »

Protip: If you think the game is crazy and confusing, but non-bastard, it's probably bastard.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:58 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

GreyICE wrote:Protip: If you think the game is crazy and confusing, but non-bastard, it's probably bastard.

...or maybe that's what he
wants
you to think! :twisted:
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:51 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

DemonHybrid wrote:

Ever wanted to play two games at once? Have two roles at once, and have the power to change it?

Play as either BLACK or WHITE in this semi-open 13-player Mini Theme game! Potentially switch between roles! Become the MONOCHROMIST and switch the game to your or someone else's liking! Every morning, select a MONOCHROMIST by majority vote and watch as they control space-time as you know it!

Mechanics:
-Vote for the Monochromist during the Pre-day and Post-night Morning phase. Once every 6 hours, the Monochromist may change the color of the game, changing all of the roles to the opposite color's roles (and may create a few surprises).
-Play as two roles (depending on game color), but achieve one win condition!
-Post restrictions will be given to players, as a forewarning. They will be pre-set and randomized from a list of PRs before the game starts. Use the color changing and post-restrictions to your advantage!

Moderator: DemonHybrid
Back-Up Moderator: xRECKONERx

My experience:
Mariposa Peak Mafia (12 man Mini Normal)
demonhybrids mafia game of fun amazingness for real (12 man Open C9++)
Mafia on Werewolf Island! (24 man Large Normal)

I require at least one game of on-site experience for this game because of the new mechanics.

Accepting pre-ins.

Updated. Alignment changing can be broken in too many ways.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
A14 Thoughtwave
A14 Thoughtwave
Townie
A14 Thoughtwave
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:28 am

Post by A14 Thoughtwave »

Am I allowed to run a game yet?

here's my idea:
Looney Bin Mafia

The Looney Bin Mafia guard has just escaped. Now the various mentally challenged, with special role variations, band together. But some of the more violent among them are secretly in alliance...
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 am

Post by bvoigt »

Sorry A14, but you need 3 months onsite plus 1 completed game, and then your first modded game has to be an Open or Mini Normal.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... quirements
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:52 am

Post by AurorusVox »

AurorusVox Presents
Little Italy Police Department Mafia

It seemed that something just wasn't right for the Little Italy Police Department. They'd had trouble with those scumbag mafiasos before, but recently it seemed that their job was getting that little bit harder. Evidence disappearing. Witnesses changing their story. Criminals walking free on school-boy technicalities. Well, something had to be done. And soon. When the enemy fights dirty, you gotta get down there in the mud with them. No more arrests. Just cold, rough, irreversible justice...

---

What
setup
is this?!
– 'tis a Mini Normal
How many
players
?!
- 13 (unlucky for some)
Who was this setup
reviewed
by?! (I don't trust you)
- Hoopa, SpyreX, farside22 (thanks <3)

Are there any pre-ins?!
– I have got 2 pre-in slots left! PM me to snatch them! (current pre-ins are theplague42, VasudeVa, AlmasterGM, Hinduragi)
What do you require of me?!
– 1 completed game on-site please~

When will it start?!
- It looks like there's only one person ahead of me in the Mini Normal queue. So it should be going into sign-ups soon!

Anything else I should know?!
- This is your chance to be in my first modded game on-site. What an honour, right? There will be no Jesters, Cults or Giant Tarantulas in this game.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Parama »

Lost Butterfly wrote:

will

>everyone picks a 0-post user
>best game ever
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Parama wrote:
Lost Butterfly wrote:

will

>everyone picks
a 0-post user
Q
>best game ever
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

that just means *I* get to troll.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:32 am

Post by CSL »

Bowser wrote:CSL and Kise bring you:

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS MAFIA II: THE DEFENSE OF YOSHI'S ISLAND

It was quiet and peaceful in the island. All the Yoshi were living peacefully within the island's boundaries. Shy Guys danced, birds chirped, monkeys caused mayhem in the jungle. Until one day, a huge assortment of baddies started wreaking havoc. Trees were cut, water was polluted, hills were chopped in half, and piranha plants started growing. Some shy guys grew mad with evil, and destroyed the environment. The police force were unable to calm them down. It didn't look like things were going to end on a good note. Until I arrived...

"What in the name of goomba is going on," I yelled, "WHY are you not trying to stop them? Well, we're going to start by moving you all into the heart of their lair, so we can crush this puny invasion force!"

After storming what seemed like 100 miles, we arrived at the lair...

This is the second installment of Super Mario Brothers Mafia, celebrating 25 years of Mario. This is going to be a 21 player game. Pre-ins of up to TEN players will be accepted.

You must have at least 2 games completed to be able to play. Exceptions will be noted if I can find acceptable experience from around the internet.

Please send all pre-ins to this account as well as Kise's, and link us to your two games completed.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Grrrrr... so I can't post in the Set Up Review thread due to my ban, but maybe you all can help. I need a reviewer for bible mafia.
#freeShotty
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Bowser »

CSL wrote:
Bowser wrote:CSL and Kise bring you:

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS MAFIA II: THE DEFENSE OF YOSHI'S ISLAND

It was quiet and peaceful in the island. All the Yoshi were living peacefully within the island's boundaries. Shy Guys danced, birds chirped, monkeys caused mayhem in the jungle. Until one day, a huge assortment of baddies started wreaking havoc. Trees were cut, water was polluted, hills were chopped in half, and piranha plants started growing. Some shy guys grew mad with evil, and destroyed the environment. The police force were unable to calm them down. It didn't look like things were going to end on a good note. Until I arrived...

"What in the name of goomba is going on," I yelled, "WHY are you not trying to stop them? Well, we're going to start by moving you all into the heart of their lair, so we can crush this puny invasion force!"

After storming what seemed like 100 miles, we arrived at the lair...

This is the second installment of Super Mario Brothers Mafia, celebrating 25 years of Mario. This is going to be a 21 player game. Pre-ins of up to TEN players will be accepted.

You must have at least 2 games completed to be able to play. Exceptions will be noted if I can find acceptable experience from around the internet.

Please send all pre-ins to this account as well as Kise's, and link us to your two games completed.

Disregard sending pre-ins to the CSL/Kise account. Send them to this one instead.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by Junpei »

I don't know if I'd apply or not but I'd like to wonder what qualifies as a strong completed game.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Junpei wrote:I don't know if I'd apply or not but I'd like to wonder what qualifies as a strong completed game.

Generally, a completed game here is any non-marathon game that you've died in.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Junpei »

Well yes I'm talking about non-mafiascum.net games.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

For modding purposes, games from other sites aren't usually accepted here unless they took place on Grey Labyrinth or another site approved by mith. As per the recently updated guidelines, approved off-site experience will count towards one game at most, allowing you to run anything except a Large Theme (likely what you came here to do).
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Amrun »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Junpei wrote:I don't know if I'd apply or not but I'd like to wonder what qualifies as a strong completed game.

Not true. For a game to be complete, it has to be completely over.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Faraday »

Amrun wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:

That's stupid in terms of mod requirements on players though, if you die night 3 you've played your role to completion and it should count. It depends on the mod, but there's really no reason to refuse someone if you're looking for 2 game's experience and they've played well and died in 2 ongoing games.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Amrun wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
That's stupid in terms of mod requirements on players though, if you die night 3 you've played your role to completion and it should count. It depends on the mod, but there's really no reason to refuse someone if you're looking for 2 game's experience and they've played well and died in 2 ongoing games.
What about the newbie who replaces into games on Day 3 and goofs up twice?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Bowser »

UPDATE: Game is 22 Players. Thus, 11 pre-ins will be accepted.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.

Return to “Queue”