WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:12 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Or you could say ability 2, 4, and 5 (for example) from the ability list will be up, or would that also be quoting?
"I wish you hadn't done that."
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 am

PeregrineV wrote:
@Midnight- I would like to know where in the OP you read this, or failing that, how you came by this information (the bolded part). Thanks.

I'm not Midnight, but III.1 (Auctions first point) basically says only NKx1 is the only guaranteed auction each day.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
@Midnight- I would like to know where in the OP you read this, or failing that, how you came by this information (the bolded part). Thanks.

I'm not Midnight, but III.1 (Auctions first point) basically says only NKx1 is the only guaranteed auction each day.

No that works, thanks. Was hoping to advertise it so it can never be advertised again, but if it's guaranteed than that's pointless.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by hiphop »

IceGuy wrote:If the doc doesn't die and doesn't protect the cop, we've got confirmed scum.
And how will you know who the doc is? You think scum would automatically claim they have the doc?

IceGuy wrote:Why shouldn't scum be able to bid on more than one item per person? I'm almost tempted to vote for you since you seem to be that certain what scum can and can't do.
Read it again, and you will find that is exactly what I am saying. And yes my sources are from the front page. And if you really think I am scum, why aren't you voting me? What is holding you back? Or is this some post that you can point back to, after trying to outbid me?

Imo the double vote is scum motivated. Because it will be shown as a ???, which means scum can put it anywhere, and nobody knows who is moving it.

vote WeyounsLastClone

And guys my name is hiphop, not hiplop. He is the guy that tried to rip off my name. And being that Ghost played with both of us, really surprises me, that he would make the same mistake.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:47 am

Post by IceGuy »

hiphop wrote:And how will you know who the doc is? You think scum would automatically claim they have the doc?

I was referring to the specific case where (yet unknown) scum claims doc.

Read it again, and you will find that is exactly what I am saying. And yes my sources are from the front page.

So, where on the front page does it say that scum can't bid for more than one item at a time?

And if you really think I am scum, why aren't you voting me? What is holding you back? Or is this some post that you can point back to, after trying to outbid me?

I'll wait for your reaction to this post.

Imo the double vote is scum motivated. Because it will be shown as a ???, which means scum can put it anywhere, and nobody knows who is moving it.

Claiming should help.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.5

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

malpascp (4): Ghostlin, ChaosOmega, Seacore, PeregrineV
Seacore (2): WeyounsLastClone, malpascp
WeyounsLastClone (2): bobsnox, hiphop
hiphop (1): Midnight's Sorrow
Ghostlin (1): Ethos
bobsnox (1): RedCoyote

Not voting (2): HellloooNewman, IceGuy

V/LA: Seacore (July 4th)

Deadline is July 12th, 2011, at 1:00pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-07-12 13:00:00)

Most Advertised Ability:
Doctor

#
Name
Minimum Bid
Current Bid
Auction Length
Countdown
1Cop x 2$50$507 days(expired on 2011-07-05 13:00:00)
2Doctor x 2$40$405 days(expired on 2011-07-03 13:00:00)
3Extra Vote x 2$10$403 days(expired on 2011-07-01 13:00:00)
4Governor x 1$30$305 days(expired on 2011-07-03 13:00:00)
5Investigation Immunity x 4$25$255 days(expired on 2011-07-03 13:00:00)
6Last Will x 3$25$293 days(expired on 2011-07-01 13:00:00)
7Neighborizer x 3$20-5 days(expired on 2011-07-03 13:00:00)
8Night-kill x 1$50$507 days(expired on 2011-07-05 13:00:00)
9Oracle x 2$10$203 days(expired on 2011-07-01 13:00:00)
10Setup Information x 3$10$413 days(expired on 2011-07-01 13:00:00)
11Vote Nullifier x 1$25$353 days(expired on 2011-07-01 13:00:00)

Abilities for completed auctions have been sent out.

PeregrineV wrote:@Magua- Can Oracle winners share their results without it being considered quote a mod PM?

They cannot quote what they receive, but they may paraphrase as normal.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:48 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

I have been oracled people. I know what will be auctioned tomorrow. Some interesting stuff to be sure. Some interesting stuff ESPECIALLY for the scummers to think about.

How do we wanna work this? Should I just come forward and tell everything? Or perhaps I should just answer yes/no questions that you guys ask me about what would be up for bid tomorrow? Some other way?

I ask because, while it gives the town a heads up for tomorrow, it also gives the scum a heads up. And, as I said, there are a few roles that the scum would like to have, I'm sure of it.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Ethos »

Mafia have day talk therefore their organisation on how to deal with the auction tommorow is inevitable meaning providing any information you can on the upcoming days items is optimal without a doubt, furthermore it would be a good idea to elaborate on how you believe the bidding for oracle went ie. Were you constantly outbid and do you believe it was by scum?

Considering the first wave of auctions are now over I believe it would be a perfect time for the people who obtained double voter and vote nullifer to claim openely in the thread and for all of us to start working out which question should be asked with Seacores Setup Information. If there's any disputes about this occuring it should be stated asap.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:31 am

@HN, Do you mean the Oracle information is just interesting for scum, or actually useful? If it's the first I guess you can post it. If it's the latter, maybe you should keep it to yourself. Is there information that is useful for us to know, without it helping scum?

Not sure if it helps all giving input for Seacore for the question. I think there are so many things that could be checked it'd be hard to reach consensus. Seacore said he would be able to come up with a question, and even though he's on my suspicion list, not many others seemed to object, so I guess we just let Seacore ask and see what he comes back with.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Ethos »

Weyoun, reread your post and explain to me how anyone could think you aren't 100% scum for it.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:57 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

It is interesting to both scum and town alike.

I get the feeling that Ethos's thoughts will be the majority, but I will wait a bit to hear from everyone else.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:32 am

Post by bobsnox »

Why aren't you voting weyouns Ethos?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Ghostlin »

WeyounsLastClone[b] wrote:@HN, Do you mean the Oracle information is just interesting for scum, or actually useful? If it's the first I guess you can post it. If it's the latter, maybe you should keep it to yourself.[/b] Is there information that is useful for us to know, without it helping scum?

Not sure if it helps all giving input for Seacore for the question. I think there are so many things that could be checked it'd be hard to reach consensus. Seacore said he would be able to come up with a question, and even though he's on my suspicion list, not many others seemed to object, so I guess we just let Seacore ask and see what he comes back with.

Wait, what? Did you just advocate publically posting information that would be useful for
scum
in the thread for free?

Unvote.

Vote: WLC

You have a lot of explaining to do.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Reasoning goes something like this. If Newman is scum, scum probably already know the Oracle results and hence probably wouldn't offer to repost in the first place? If Newman is town, what would he have to gain by giving information part and parcel to scum that would aid them?

....Am I the only one confused by the logic inherent here?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Ethos »

I was holding of voting him in hope that Ghostlin would show some form of reaction to our vote placed on him, this hasn't occured though meaning there's no reason to keep our vote placed on him.
Unvote, Vote: WLC.

Ghostlin you're massively overstimating the usefulness of the information for the mafia, they only gain two things from it being released. The first being more time to plan and organise their bidding however considering they have day talk this advantage or gain for them is minimal. The second being the ability to advertise and reinfluence the advertised item for tommorow however I do not see mafia openley and willingly advertising to put forward a mafia benefical item knowing that we're likely to steal it preventing them from attaining it.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:19 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

Ghostlin wrote:EBWOP: Reasoning goes something like this. If Newman is scum, scum probably already know the Oracle results and hence probably wouldn't offer to repost in the first place? If Newman is town, what would he have to gain by giving information part and parcel to scum that would aid them?

Firstly, to make things easier for you, I am town. :D

Next.....what would you have me do, sit on the intel? What good would THAT serve?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Ghostlin »

HellloooNewman wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:EBWOP: Reasoning goes something like this. If Newman is scum, scum probably already know the Oracle results and hence probably wouldn't offer to repost in the first place? If Newman is town, what would he have to gain by giving information part and parcel to scum that would aid them?

Firstly, to make things easier for you, I am town. :D

Next.....what would you have me do, sit on the intel? What good would THAT serve?

If it's useful to only scum, yes.

Now, if there's any use to town in knowing which things we should make sure scum doesn't get, then you should release the information so plans can be made.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Ethos wrote:I was holding of voting him in hope that Ghostlin would show some form of reaction to our vote placed on him, this hasn't occured though meaning there's no reason to keep our vote placed on him.
Unvote, Vote: WLC.

Ghostlin you're massively overstimating the usefulness of the information for the mafia, they only gain two things from it being released. The first being more time to plan and organise their bidding however considering they have day talk this advantage or gain for them is minimal. The second being the ability to advertise and reinfluence the advertised item for tommorow however I do not see mafia openley and willingly advertising to put forward a mafia benefical item knowing that we're likely to steal it preventing them from attaining it.

You posted a list with no reasoning or case inherent in your vote and not much support for it--I'm not going to protest or freak out about one vote given with those conditions. I might of asked for the case if there was a wagon developing on me--but there wasn't one so...while your vote did go noticed, there wasn't anything for me to get defensive about?

What -was- the reasoning of the ranks on your scum/town list, anyhow?
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Ethos »

Ghostlin wrote:If it's useful to only scum, yes. Now, if there's any use to town in knowing which things we should make sure scum doesn't get, then you should release the information so plans can be made.

I've elaborated into the benefits and usefulness of it for the mafia which are minimal, if you have disagreements with them state so otherwise I see no reason why you would want extra information withheld. Outright claiming them right now allows the neighbourizer to effectively have a discussion topic and an ultimate aim tonight while giving everyone food for thoughts in regards to what tactic they believe will be optimal throughout the course of the game.

Ghostlin wrote:What -was- the reasoning of the ranks on your scum/town list, anyhow?

I was hoping for some traction or a bandwagon to form allowing better reactions to be obtained unfortunatly it didn't occur. If there's a particular read you want explained then feel free to ask and I can attempt to explain my reasoning behind it otherwise you'll have to wait until tommorow afternoon when Slaxx and I are planning on getting together to discuss them.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Ethos wrote:Weyoun, reread your post and explain to me how anyone could think you aren't 100% scum for it.

Erm, because I was trying to help with HN's decision? There are several sources of information at this point, we have to go about it carefully.
Just because you have a plan in mind, doesn't mean that's the best one.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:18 pm

EBWOP, I see I mixed up first and latter in my post #158. I think HN knows what I meant, at this point he's the only one who knows if the information is beneficial for town. As he hasn't posted the information yet, obviously the decision isn't that clear cut.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by hiphop »

Why is it, that everyone here is talking how Neighborizer, is such a great role, yet, nobody has made a bid for it yet? And it ends in 9 hours.

Personally I don't think it is that great of a ability. As far as I know mafia could use it to get people to open up, and give away valuable information.
IceGuy wrote:I was referring to the specific case where (yet unknown) scum claims doc.
The only way for that to work is if the cop claims, and if he does, he is just opening himself up to a scum kill.

IceGuy wrote:So, where on the front page does it say that scum can't bid for more than one item at a time?
Now where did I say that? I said if scum want, they can put $100 on 3 items, since I am assuming there are 3 scum, and get those 3 abilities, without any competition from town. I don't know how much money they have except that it is over $100. So I have no idea if they would have any money left over. But it is a fact that they could do the above if they wanted to, and there is nothing town can do about it.

IceGuy wrote:Claiming should help.
And how will you go about and getting scum to claim? Example, 13 players in the game, all deny they have the extra vote, who has it? If a townie has it, there might be a target for a scum kill. They would get 2 votes with one kill. And if scum have it, well nothing you can do about it. So that idea is stupid. However we can assume that scum have it, and not out the townie, and just be careful of who we put at L-1.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by Seacore »

Howdy, just checking in to confirm I won the set up questions. I'll be reviewing and posting soonish.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.6

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

WeyounsLastClone (4): bobsnox, hiphop, Ghostlin, Ethos
malpascp (3): ChaosOmega, Seacore, PeregrineV
Seacore (2): WeyounsLastClone, malpascp
hiphop (1): Midnight's Sorrow
bobsnox (1): RedCoyote

Not voting (2): HellloooNewman, IceGuy

V/LA: Seacore (July 4th)

Deadline is July 12th, 2011, at 1:00pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-07-12 13:00:00)

Most Advertised Ability:
Doctor

#
Name
Minimum Bid
Current Bid
Auction Length
Countdown
1Cop x 2$50$917 days(expired on 2011-07-05 13:00:00)
2Doctor x 2$40$405 days(expired on 2011-07-03 13:00:00)
4Governor x 1$30$305 days(expired on 2011-07-03 13:00:00)
5Investigation Immunity x 4$25$395 days(expired on 2011-07-03 13:00:00)
7Neighborizer x 3$20-5 days(expired on 2011-07-03 13:00:00)
8Night-kill x 1$50$507 days(expired on 2011-07-05 13:00:00)
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 am

Post by hiphop »

Just saying that someone has outbid me for investigation immunity, and as one can see it has expired. So, no, I do not have it.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”