HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:43 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

hiphop wrote:Just saying that someone has outbid me for investigation immunity, and as one can see it has expired. So, no, I do not have it.

Either Hiphop is town, or EXTREMELY cunning scum.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:24 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

For auction tomorrow:

- NK x1
- Ability to ask the mod if a specific player has won/is current high bidder on a specific auction x2
- Commuter x2
- Ability to prevent 'Player X' from voting 'Player Y' for a day phase. Will only be announced when Player X votes Player Y for the first time x1
- Ability to speak to the recently killed player for a entire day phase. Said dead player will not be told the results of any of their actions from the night they died, nor will they be allowed entrance into the dead thread QT x3
- You can choose whether or not to have your visits seen or hidden by trackers/watchers x4
- Roleblock x 3
- Tracker x2

1 - Bulletproof x2
2 - Ability to be the only one who knows what the current bid is for all the auctions. It will be hidden from everyone else. But the high bidder will know if they are the high bidder x1
3 - Ability to know how much money someone has at the start of next night phase x3
4 - Watcher x1

Since every death and every advertisement delays an ability for a day, Bulletproof is off the table till D3. When we lynch someone, #2 will be delayed. If there is an NK, #3 is delayed, and so on through the 4 numbered abilities.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Crap, how much longer until we start eating at our bonus? I'm sorry that I've been away.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:53 am

Post by IceGuy »

RedCoyote wrote:Crap, how much longer until we start eating at our bonus? I'm sorry that I've been away.

We already are. Every day we lose $5.

HellloooNewman wrote:
1 - Bulletproof x2
2 - Ability to be the only one who knows what the current bid is for all the auctions. It will be hidden from everyone else. But the high bidder will know if they are the high bidder x1
3 - Ability to know how much money someone has at the start of next night phase x3
4 - Watcher x1

Since every death and every advertisement delays an ability for a day, Bulletproof is off the table till D3. When we lynch someone, #2 will be delayed. If there is an NK, #3 is delayed, and so on through the 4 numbered abilities.

I don't get that. Is a delayed ability guaranteed to not appear on D3, but only on D4?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Unvote
;
Vote: WeyounsLastClone

I have no particular reason to think of him as more townie than anyone else. I'd prefer we get our D1 lynch off as soon as possible, gentlemen. Unless we miraculously get a scumkill today from a townie winning the NK, then we're never going to have more townies than we do today. The best way to capitalize on this is to get a large of a bonus as possible. Unless someone has a very strong reason for keeping WLC alive, then I suggest we get this lynch moving yesterday. It's not perfect, but the cash advantage is more significant than throwing it all away for the slim increase in chances of lynching a scum today. Any scum player worth their salt will be able to avoid a D1 lynch. From a purely utilitarian perspective, the cash bonus is more valuable than spending the time on debating this lynch.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Two people from the group of ChaosOmega, Seacore, PeregrineV, WeyounsLastClone, malpascp, Midnight's Sorrow, HellloooNewman, and IceGuy need to get their butts moving before we lose another day of bonus.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:22 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

IceGuy wrote:
HellloooNewman wrote:
1 - Bulletproof x2
4 - Watcher x1

I don't get that. Is a delayed ability guaranteed to not appear on D3, but only on D4?

Example:

Because an ability has been advertised for D2, that means #1 on the list (bulletproof) is delayed till Day 3. When we lynch someone, that will make #2 on the list be delayed until Day 3. If there is a night kill, then #3 on my list will be delayed until Day 3 as well. If there are 2 NK's, then that means all 4 abilities will be delayed until D3. I have been told that it is guaranteed that any ability that is delayed will occur the next day.

Also, in the spirit of moving things along:

Vote - WeyounsLastClone
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Seacore »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
HellloooNewman wrote:He could've bid $50 as his max. Someone else bids $40 as their max, so that would make his current (winning) bid $41. Like on ebay.

True, but from his statements I believed he had bid exactly $41.
Seacore, can you confirm?

Willing to hammer, particularly for the boldest portion. For the record, I was trying to make it look like I'd bid exactly 41 but I'd bid much more.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:41 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Wow, sorry guys, but just lynching to get the bonus I'm not sure is the best idea. Maybe I'm just bitter that I'm the target and should sacrifice myself to get everyone extra money, but I think we can do much better today and at least get some decent discussion (which I feel is still lacking) which could give us valuable information.

Also, interesting to see the list of different abilities up for tomorrow, I thought it would be from the same pool we already had.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Seacore »

unvote. Vote wlc

That was a terrible post, with no claim, designed only to prolong the Day.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:54 am

Seacore wrote:
unvote. Vote wlc

That was a terrible post, with no claim, designed only to prolong the Day.

You're a funny one. If I read it correctly I was at L-2, and no one had asked me to claim yet. Also, in case you forgot, we don't really have abilities and the special abilities are auctioned, thanks, so don't have special abilities. In case you meant wage specifics, I can give those if more people request so, but it won't be shocking I can guarantee you.

I'm off to bed now (I'm in Europe), so I guess it's up to rest of town to get some efficiency bonus, otherwise I'll post more tomorrow.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 am

Seacore wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
HellloooNewman wrote:He could've bid $50 as his max. Someone else bids $40 as their max, so that would make his current (winning) bid $41. Like on ebay.

True, but from his statements I believed he had bid exactly $41.
Seacore, can you confirm?

Willing to hammer, particularly for the boldest portion. For the record, I was trying to make it look like I'd bid exactly 41 but I'd bid much more.

Also, you're basically admitting you have lied. In my opinion townies should not lie, but that might be just me. Why would you want to lynch me for that question, which in hindsight was even a good question since you were obviously lying?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Seacore »

Because town had already decided to give me the ability, so only scum would benefit from the answer to your question.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Seacore »

Okay, now that I'm not on my phone I can elaborate a little more.

I'm happy with WLC's lynch (and thusly hammered) for a few reasons
1) I think he's scum
2) If he's not, he's struggling with the game concepts to the point that he's a liability.
3) The combination of these two reasons suggests that he'd be the eventual lynch 10 days from now, so a lynch now just gives us more money.

After I hammered he didn't even bother to thoroughly check if he was actually lynched. If I was town and somebody said they'd hammered me, I would triple count the votes before assuming I was safe and going to sleep for the night. And when I saw that I was hammered, since I've barely made a case on anybody, i'd post some reads.

But instead there were three posts.
1 - Hey guys, if you're going to lynch me, wait a bit and lets talk for longer. By the way, he's a non-informative comment about tomorrow's auction list.
2 - I thought I was at L-2, (which was wrong) but then you voted for me, so I should assume I'm L-1 now, but I'm still not going to share any information. I'm not even going to confirm that I have the same PM as the sample, but I will heavily suggest it. I understand that people might hammer me (sorry, already happened), but I'm not going to give them any information right now to help out town.
3 - Despite the fact that somebody (I can't remember who) said it was a bad idea for us to confirm the exact max bid we've submitted, I want Seacore to, and then when it's clear he's trying to trick scum into wasting a dollar or so, I'm going to imply that he's scummy for it.

I think it's safe to assume that he won't be back before night falls.

It may just be from my POV, but I get the feeling that I might be tonight's NK target, since we don't have anybody claiming to have obtained the kill.
If before Night falls somebody claims it, whoever won the Doctor, don't use your ability, since we can hold that person accountable tomorrow
If nobody claims the NK, can the doctor please flip a coin. Heads I get targeted, tails somebody else. That gives scum a 50% chance of wasting their kill by targeting me.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Seacore »

Also, I apologise, but I now realise that I have potentially botched an opportunity to guarantee knowing who had the NK. I shouldn't hammer within the 30 mins of waking up. I'm pretty dirty with myself right now.

As it is, it looks like there's been a single bid. Nobody bid on NK during pre-game either.

I'm very dirty at myself, my head was out of the game all weekend and I've botched this. GRRRRR
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.7

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

WeyounsLastClone (7): bobsnox, hiphop, Ghostlin, Ethos, RedCoyote, HellloooNewman, Seacore

malpascp (2): ChaosOmega, PeregrineV
Seacore (2): WeyounsLastClone, malpascp
hiphop (1): Midnight's Sorrow

Not voting (1): IceGuy

Lynch was reached as of Post #184, July 3rd, 2011 at 5:46 EST (site time).
Nothing submitted after this time was counted.
For Efficiency Bonus purposes, there were 8 24-hour periods remaining.

Most Advertised Ability:
Doctor
There will be an auction for Doctor x 2 tomorrow. Doctor may not be Advertised for the rest of the game.

#
Name
Minimum Bid
Current Bid
Auction Length
1Cop x 2$50$957 days
2Doctor x 2$40$405 days
4Governor x 1$30$315 days
5Investigation Immunity x 4$25$395 days
7Neighborizer x 3$20$205 days
8Night-kill x 1$50$1007 days
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Magua »

We argued back and forth, but things didn’t get really bad until the last doughnut was taken.

We all stared at WeyounsLastClone. The doughnut crumbs were still around his mouth. He tried to wipe them away, saying, “Hey, guys, what are you looking at me for? I’m on a diet. I…I…I wouldn’t even eat a doughnut.” But he was obviously guilty as sin, and we descended on him.

We strung him from the fluorescent lights hung above the conference table, and pelted him with staples and ballpoint pens until he succumbed.

It is a well known maxim in the office that doughnut thieves are always bad people.

WeyounsLastClone,
Mafia Zaibatsu Member
, was lynched D1.
It is now
Night 1.

Due to the 4th of July weekend, Night 1 will be extended slightly until 12:00 noon July 6th, 2011 EST.
Deadline countdown:
(expired on 2011-07-06 13:00:00)
Last edited by Magua on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Magua »

Due to technical difficulties at my end, available balances aren't going out, but are available upon request. This will be rectified by the time Day 2 starts.

I have responded to all requests, at the very least acknowledging that I received them.

Specifically, I have notified everyone who won (or was outbid on) on each auction, and so everyone who won an auction should know which ability/abilities they have, and everyone who was winning an auction but was outbid has also been alerted to this fact.

If you are in doubt as to whether you won or lost an auction (or on any other facet of the game), feel free to PM me.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Magua »

Since it has been asked more than once: all abilities that are activated during the Night are resolved simultaneously at the end of the Night/beginning of the next Day.
The order that I receive the activations does not matter
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Magua »

We all woke up as the hum of the overhead lights kicked on, backs aching and muscles sore from sleeping at our desks, in the sleek Aeron chairs, or under the conference table.

Bleary eyed, I noted with approval that the cleaning staff had come by and taken down WeyounsLastClone's swinging body during the night. They even vacuumed.

Yawning and stretching, I brushed past the line for the coffee, exercising my managerial perogatives. Everyone else was too busy stewing in their own thoughts about who we would string up and kill today anyways. Surprisingly, after I had had my cup of joe and could actually think, I noticed that no one was missing; even Susan from Accounting, who had been knocking back shots from her private stash of imported vodka last night was up and about, albeit with shades and a wince every time someone raised their voice.

"Alright, [expletive deleted]s," I said, purposefully raising my voice, "Time to get down to [expletive deleted] business!"

With a mass of grumbling, I herded them back into the conference room and we got back down to deciding who would die.

No one died during the Night.
It is now
Day 2

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is July 20th, at 1:00pm EST (site time).
Coutdown to deadline:
(expired on 2011-07-20 13:00:00)

Most Advertised Ability:
None

#
Name
Minimum Bid
Current Bid
Auction Length
Countdown
12Auction Detective x 2$25-5 days(expired on 2011-07-11 13:00:00)
13Commuter x 2$25-5 days(expired on 2011-07-11 13:00:00)
14Doctor x 2$40-5 days(expired on 2011-07-11 13:00:00)
15Love Potion x 1$25-5 days(expired on 2011-07-11 13:00:00)
16Medium x 3$25-5 days(expired on 2011-07-11 13:00:00)
17Night-kill x 1$50-7 days(expired on 2011-07-13 13:00:00)
18Ninja x 4$25-3 days(expired on 2011-07-09 13:00:00)
19Roleblocker x 3$50-5 days(expired on 2011-07-11 13:00:00)
20Tracker x 2$10-3 days(expired on 2011-07-09 13:00:00)
21Watcher x 1$20-7 days(expired on 2011-07-13 13:00:00)

Spoiler: Abridged Ability Glossary
  • Auction Detective (Day):
    Choose another player and a specific auction from the current Day. You will learn whether or not that player won that auction (if it has ended) or is the current highest bidder (if it is still running).
  • Commuter (Personal):
    All Targeted abilities that target you will be roleblocked. However, you may not activate any of your Targeted abilities. Personal abilities may be activated and will continue to work as normal. If a Targeted ability that would return a result is used on you, it will instead return “Ability failed”.
  • Doctor (Targeted):
    Choose another player. That player will be protected against a single Night-kill that targets them this Night.
  • Love Potion (Targeted):
    Choose another player. That player will not be allowed to vote for a player of your choice (which may be you) during the next Day, chosen when you activate this power. This will be announced in-thread the first time your targeted player attempts to vote for the chosen player. This will not affect the lynch threshhold.
  • Medium (Targeted):
    Choose another player. If that player dies during this Night, a Ghost Quicktopic will be provided that either of you may talk in at any time until the end of the following Day, at which time it will be closed. The dead player will not be given the results of any of their abilities for the Night they died, and they will not be given access to the Dead Quicktopic until the Ghost Quicktopic has closed.
  • Night-kill (Targeted):
    Choose another player. That player will die unless protected.
  • Ninja (Personal):
    You may choose which of your visits (if any) will appear on Tracker or Watcher reports and which will not.
  • Roleblocker (Targeted):
    Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night, except for roleblocks, will fail. Personal abilities will continue to work. Abilities that were not activated are not affected. If the Targeted ability would return a result, it will instead return “Ability failed”.
  • Tracker (Targeted):
    Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night, but not the nature of each visit. However, other abilities may modify the result of the report. A roleblocked ability activation is not considered a visit.
  • Watcher (Targeted):
    Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) visited that player during the Night, but not the nature of each visit. However, other abilities may modify the result of the report. A roleblocked ability activation is not considered a visit.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Ethos »

First of yesterdays scum lynch was awesome and predictable, both Slaxx and myself have managed to attain multiple strong town-reads from it which I'll elaborate on later in the day. Now on to business, the no death means that one of three things occured, these being: 1) Mafia shot at the person that doctor saved therefore the doctor was held by a town player and the saved is town and clear, this is possible. 2) Town shot at the person that doctor saved therefore the doctor could be held by either allignment, this is likely not the case. 3) WLC bought night-kill and no kill was made due to it dying with him, this is the one that I believe is the most likely. All up there's no real need for the doctor to instantly out themselves and who they saved unless the person getting saved is getting lynched which shouldn't be the case as mafia would be shooting at pro-town players that are unlikely to be lynched.

The fact that investigation immunity was sniped means that mafia feared the cop attaining useful reports, this essentially means that mafia themselves don't have cop meaning the cop claiming right now would allow him to out his report which isn't 100% useful I know however it means that doctor can save him tonight as well as providing us with a near clear being the cop of course.

There's no reason for Seacore not to reveal the question that he asked along with the answer because the question isn't likely to help mafia in any particular way furthermore it allows us to have something to revolve discussion around. The people who attained extra vote and vote nullifer need to openely claim them as a lack of claim would mean confirmation that mafia have the ability which may prove as highly useful information if we're able to win auction detective today.

That moves me on to my next order of business, todays abilities up for auction.

1. Auction detective is highly valuable it could almost be used to confirm a player to be mafia and should certaintly be aimed for by town.
2. Commuter is actually really weak, there's not too much mafia can use it for without confirming themselves.
3. Doctor, considering the amount of strong town reads I have I think it's badly needed for town to aim for doctor today to provide a chance to prevent another kill.
4. Love potion really is pointless, no one better bid ofr it.
5. Medium is useful but not optimal, I would recommend against betting high amounts on this.
6. Night-kill, someone that either invested everything or spent nothing from yesterday should aim for this without a doubt in the world, we need this badly.
7. Ninja, only reason to get it is to prevent mafia having it.
8. Roleblocker, we badly need this as well otherwise mafia will just roleblock whoever wins nightkill.
9. Tracker, it's good though not great, I wouldn'tr recommend betting high amounts on it.
10. Watcher, now this is strong, it can be used to confirm and clear multiple players therefore should be aimed at.

TLDR: Auction, Doctor, Nightkill, Roleblocker and Watcher are must-gets. Medium, Ninja and Tracker are also good bids. Commuter and love potion shouldn't be bid on.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 am

Post by IceGuy »

My thoughts on the abilities:
- Auction Detective: Great scumhunting tool, need to buy.
- Commuter: Not as useless as you make it, at least in conjunction with another power role. Could function as a sort of "life insurance" for outed power roles.
- Doctor: Meh. I'd only bid on it if we need two outed power roles protected or if there is an obvious NK target we need to protect.
- Love Potion and Medium: Useless.
- Night kill: Need to buy.
- Ninja: Extremely powerful in the hands of scum, useless for us. We definitely need to bid on it.
- Roleblocker: Powerful in the hands of scum if we have outed NK, Trackers or Watchers, otherwise pretty useless for everybody. I would only bid on it if there is a real chance at least two of NK, Tracker and Watcher go to outed town.
- Tracker and Watcher: Weak investigative roles, but useful for both scum and us. Watcher is a bit stronger.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Seacore »

Hi guys,

When I said I botched the end of D1 I really meant it. Apart from not letting us set up a better chance of getting the NK, I also misremembered the set up question ability and thought it was a night PR. I only re-read it after my hammer. So I've asked me question now. That question is ""Are there more than two different win conditions among the role PMs sent to players?"

I'll get an answer whenever Magua logs on.

But hey, we did awesome. Getting a strong efficiency bonus = good, lynching scum = good, doing both? Yeah!

If some towny did get NK and used it, I would like to hear about it in thread, we can then discuss whether the Doc outing themselves is a good idea or not.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by malpascp »

I agree that cop should claim.
Also I would like to know why is Watcher so much better than Tracker (noob question, I guess). Another doubt: a player with Tracker and Doctor could Track a suspicious player, and then protect whoever he targets? Or if he has Roleblocker and Watcher, can he Watch someone that looked town and then roleblock someone that targeted him? I'm not sure if it interfeers with the night resolution.

I want to claim that I won absolutely zero bids D1. Info at your disposal. My thoughts are not very accurate right now, but I will be back tomorrow.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Seacore »

You don't get some of your results before you have to submit your other actions. ie You won't know where your tracker target went to the protect their target.

Tracker is really powerful end game, because you have fewer players to choose from and you can narrow down on people's claims. It's not so strong early, because even if you target scum, it may not be a scum that is doing anything that night, so you get useless results. It's even more useless in this game, because people don't have to maintain claims "Hey, I'm the doc from D1" "but you didn't go anywhere N5" "Uh, yeah, because I ran out, duh". That doesn't happen in a normal game.

So, tracker could get really lucky, tracker could hit the scum who wins the NK and then bam, we nail scum, but it's unlikely.

Compare this to watcher. Knowing a watcher is in a normal game, and town, is incredibly powerful, because scum can't always target the most obv town for their NK. Because chances are, there watcher is watching them and bam, Scum is busted. In this game it's slightly different, because we'll know there's a watcher out there, but we won't know the alignment, we also won't know the alignment of the person with the NK.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”