Mafia 137 - Neruzian Era Mafia SERIAL KILLER WIN!

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I is looking for my convenience so that I can confirm at it.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:20 am

Post by PranaDevil »

vote: somerandomguy
before he does it to me, muwahahaha... *ahem*
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Torqez wrote:Ooh, started!

VOTE: hiplop

for ...implying lists are an illusion!
hiplop wrote:Town shouldn't have to try to look good. Thats what he is doing, hes not actually doing anything helpful. Its simply an illusion

That early on though, they pretty much are. You don't get a town read off me because I said a stupid joke with my confirm, and then voted for SRG purely because "he'd vote me first otherwise and I was preventing him doing so".

Initially I thought it was mastin just trying to appear town, and I was all for the wagon, but looking over things I'm getting much more of a feel that he wanted to garner reactions from it (and has done so well) to see what happens from what is generally rubbish. As I say, no way did he get a solid town read off me from what I posted, but he's brought discussion and got us out of RVS, that's always good. Not so good when someone pops in and tries to return to RVS style voting over something so pointless as the above.

unvote;
vote: Torqez

Considering we're out of RVS, there's absolutely no reason to try and return to it. I'll accept no arguments on it being serious because hiplop's line there was pretty solid as far as I'm concerned. Meaning it was a jokey vote over something obviously pointless, despite stuff actually happening. I see no town reason to do that.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:58 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Toon Fighter wrote:Why is there a wagon building on mastin?

If you don't like it, why are you still on it?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:07 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I can understand some of the votes. It did look like mastin was just trying to "appear" town with his lists to begin with, and I did consider voting for him initially, before looking at things in a different light and seeing that he likely was helping generate discussion. I'd be shocked if at least one scum wasn't on his wagon.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:17 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Torq's only post in this game is above. There's no town reason for that post. Torq's thus one of my stronger scum reads at this stage. Sorry mastin, but I'm not being Torq as town.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

zMuffinMan wrote:
tomie wrote:See the contradiction you're making here?

Nope.

hiplop says mastin is trying to look good. And then he said it looks bad. And I asked him how he could possibly think it was designed to make him look good if he looks bad because of it.

While I believe mastin is town, and his post in question wasn't aimed at making him look good, you're thinking things through wrong here Muffin.

If someone's plan was to make themselves appear town, then their thought process would be "I want to appear town, so how best do I go about it?" If what they come up with actually makes people believe they're not town, but scum trying to appear town, it doesn't suddenly change how it was designed.

Companies often create ad campaigns to draw people in, sometimes those ad campaigns fail miserably and actually hurt the company instead. Based on your own logic, how could the campaign have been designed to help the company if it hurt it?

malpascp wrote:
GreyICE wrote:
malpascp wrote:@GreyICE: yeah, when you meta someone, the mod PMs him a town role.

The above statement is true.

Obviouslly.

I just got a PM saying that from now on, everything I write becomes true.

PS: the above statement is a joke. Really honestlly not non-joking

And here... GreyIce is quite obviously pointing out that meta is shit, and shouldn't be used. Because people who don't really pay attention to meta wont notice things anyway, and likely aren't even worrying about playing the same way every time. However, people who ARE thinking about meta would also be able to change up how they place to match a town meta every time anyway. Thus, following meta leads to mislynching town more often than it leads to lynching scum. Which is a fair point to make. Thus, meta is pointless to follow.

Plus, some people's meta changes based on role. You wouldn't expect someone with a VT role this game to play exactly the same if they have a cop role in the next one. Thus, while they're both town roles, they're different roles entirely. So if you've played with someone for 4 games with them as a VT, and suddenly they're playing differently, you lynch them based on meta, only to find you've just offed the town cop.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”