Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Pinky and the Brain »

Chevre wrote:/
¡
soy confirmo!

FTFY

/confirm

I think we'll be signing our posts, but no promises. I haven't been paticularly successful (at remembering) in the past.

Haven't discussed with diddin, but I'm indifferent to mass name-claim. Don't see it helping but don't see it hurting.

~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:26 am

Other head /confirming here.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 am

jilynne1991 wrote:Ok, I learned from [REDACTED] that vezo's actually pretty smart, I'm against the rumors that he's a VI. Ok, well I guess he's a VI, but he can be helpful.

Don't like the fencesitting, as she seems to be calling vezok a VI and not a VI in the same post, while not taking a real stance. Not to mention no commentary on anything else going on right now.

Vote: Jilynne1991

Don't like the Rodion wagon. He's defending himself well enough and seems to just be noobtown to me. Also don't like how Magna's pushing him so hard.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:51 pm

ZeL1nK wrote:I am going to vig Zinger tonight. Anyone have a problem with this?

You moron.

-d
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:24 pm

We are a hydra of diddin and Hoppster. I will generally sign my posts with -diddin or -d.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:14 am

jilynne1991 wrote:OverSoul, you obviously believe the vig claim. Tonight, I'm going to shoot you, protect Pinky and the Brain, and investigate TheAdmiral, do you believe that too?

jilynne, do you have an issue with OverSoul believing the vig claim?

andrew94 wrote:reading through, easjo682 first post is very sus. if you look at it. you will know it is wrong.
easjo682 wrote:/confirm

I'm against a character claim for now, I can't see it helping town so there's no point.
jasonT1981 wrote:
Silver 1 - Andrew

I don't follow.

And if easjo is so suspicious, why are you still holding onto your RVS vote?

@ Pappums Leather Jacket: please confirm that:

• You are a hydra/alt including/of pappums rat
  • This post was written by pappums rat (specifically pertaining to the MoI attack)

@ Leonshade: Is your Rodion vote random or (has it evolved into) a non-random vote?

(Yeah, I right-align my hydra-tagging. So what?)
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:38 am

Vifam wrote:EBWOP: Besides, they're others on this wagon, if you're REALLY looking for the one that seems most opportunistic, you should be aiming for:

Nero Cain wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:Ok, lemme clarify my earlier post. I think vezo's a VI, but I'll certainly never vote him again for a policy lynch, because he actually was the first person to do [REDACTED] in [REDACTED.]

Just b/c he got some votes doesn't mean anyone was going to PL him.

Jilly is defending/buddying Vezok just a little bit too much for my tastes. I also don't like Marco's reaction with Vifam.

vote:Jilly

Now THIS seems like some honest sheeping, don't you think?

Vifam is voteable just for this. Standard scum deflection: "I'm not sheeping! Look at him, he's doing the real sheeping!" Hypocracy.

unvote, Vote: Vifam

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:38 am

EBWOP: I believe Zlink is not a hydra, PLJ.

-d
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:52 am

P-Edit: Darn, ninja'd by my other head?

I guess this makes this a triple post... blame diddin. :P

Vifam wrote:David -------------> Null - Could lean anyway

Why did you include one null-read and then leave 2/3 of the player list (presumably null) off your list of reads?

Vifam wrote:Okay, after going over this thread a little more, I think the most likely to be scum are:

MoI
Jyl
Marco
Nero

Is this ordered?

Where did Nero appear from? He wasn't on your list of reads before, but you were clearly aware of his alleged sheeping as you mentioned it in a post 8 minutes after your post of reads.

Spoiler: Pappums ISO #3
Pappums Leather Jacket wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: vezok

RVS Wagon go.

Also you have dared to challenge the ultimate coolness of my character. You must die.

(My bold)- Why do you feel the need to label your vote as being on an RVS wagon? I think it is quite clear, considering this was the second vote of the game, that we were still in RVS. There is no reason why a townie would have to make it so clear that their vote is a RVS vote. This looks to me like you are trying to distance yourself from the wagon if it were to result in a lynch on vezok.

Spoiler: Pappums ISO #7
Pappums Leather Jacket (to MoI) wrote:
I have never, ever, ever seen a townie label their vote as being in RVS. Have you ever done this before? Have you even seen other townies do this before?

Please provide links to both. I have only ever seen this happen once, from lynched scum, but it's an ongoing game so I cant fully disclose it until the game is over.

Pappums, in #98 (or ISO #3) you say there "is no reason why a townie would have to make it so clear that their vote is a RVS vote".

In #179 (or ISO #7) you say that you have only seen it (the clear labelling of a RVS vote) "happen once, from lynched scum" (but [REDACTED] etc).

So you were willing to conclude based off one instance of scum labelling their vote as random that it was exclusively a scum-tell?

~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Not wanting to headclaim is about as anti-town as it gets.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:12 am

ThreeIsFrench wrote:oh the irony.

nero why would you assume that? not a good thing to assume.

VOTE: vifan

TIF:

a) You were already voting Vifam. Who did you think you were voting?
b) (Ignoring the fact that you were already voting Vifam,) what prompted you to vote Vifam here?

marco1610 wrote:The sudden (relatively speaking) wagon on Vifam has me doubting my vote for him.

This suggests you feel scum is on the Vifam wagon.

Any idea who?

Pvt Slate wrote:I've read through VF's posts and am getting a town vibe.

Did you read through anybody else's posts detailing why Vifam is scum? Would you kindly explain why we're all apparently wrong?

PeregrineV wrote:
Unvote.
Vote:chkballin

I'm suspicious of DavidX also, so you can buy my vote with your promised wall about his scumminess.

You're voting chkballin because... they voted for somebody who you are suspicious of? Because they promised a wall?

Try reading Magna's response to your last post again: it's equally aplicable here.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Ok, so no comment on ANYTHING else going on in the game?

~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:27 am

izakthegoomba wrote:Yeah, Vifam, are you trying to get yourself lynched or something?

Has Jason gone and stuck a bloody jester in this game?

I don't like this post. It feels like a "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M UNINFORMED MAJORITY LOOK AT ME ASK ABOUT JESTERS"-post.

Leonshade's move onto the Vifam wagon is bad.

Spoiler: #236, emphasis mine
Leonshade wrote:I don't like Vifam trying to deflect the suspicion on him onto someone else, but
(A) I'm going to keep my vote on the Jilynne slot for now. Vifam has enough votes on him at the moment
, and I want to keep a close eye on whoever will replace Jil.
So, as has been articulated, this post is kinda
supporting the wagon yet not really supporting it and also distancing from it but also leaving himself room to actually support the wagon at a later point

The given reason for this? (A): Vifam has enough votes.

Spoiler: #270, emphasis mine
Leonshade wrote:
Vifam wrote:God damm it.

I'll defend myself later.

This is starting to become ridiculous.

Unvote
Vote: Vifam

(B) Vifam seems to be avoiding questioning, and
that combined with
him trying to deflect suspicion is making him look like scum to me.

killerjester wrote:Vifam joined the Jil wagon early on, what are your feelings on this? And why do you think Jil is scummier than Vifam?

I don't think Vifam joining the Jil wagon early on is anything special, it was a viable wagon at a time when not much else was going on.
(C) As for Jil, me staying on that bandwagon was more because I felt that there were already a lot of people pressuring Vifam so I figured I could do more by pressuring and questioning another player. But since it looks like it might take a while to replace Jilynne, I don't see much reason to stay on that bandwagon.
Here, Leonshade moves onto the wagon, even though there has actually been a net movement of MORE votes onto the Vifam wagon.

(B) suggests that previously,
by itself
, Vifam's deflection of suspicion was not enough to convince Leonshade that Vifam was scum.

However, surely then, Leonshade's reason for not voting Vifam earlier would have been that (by itself) the deflection of suspicion was not enough to earn his vote. As we've seen [see (A)] that was NOT his reason for not voting Vifam, and herein lies the contradiction.

(C): When he tries to reconcile his earlier stance of not voting Vifam with his vote now, he uses the excuse that jily's slot is taking a while to get replaced. Which a reasonable justification for unvoting jily.

However, it is NOT a reasonable justification for voting Vifam, who has more votes than he did when Leonshade avoided voting Vifam before [see (A)]. Because that reason should still be valid for not voting Vifam.

Leonshade is trying to make it look like he had to choose between voting jily and Vifam, which of course is NOT the case. There are plenty of great people to vote (Pappums' list is good).

UNVOTE: Vifam
VOTE: Leonshade

(Haven't conferred with diddin, but I like my case.)

chkballin wrote:Pinky and the Brain - Called jily out for a lack of content when at that time their own player slot hadn't brought much more, if anything, to the table besides indifference to mass claiming; null/leaning scum.

With all due respect, this is stupid. We hadn't posted yet (obviously I'm excluding /confirms) and thus hadn't had an opportunity to comment on anything but jily had posted and had the opportunity to comment and she didn't (or DIDDIN'T! HA! Yeah, I stole that pun off somebody).

silverdrummer wrote:Vifam is... I don't know what to think. See, I do believe that Vifam's behaviour is newbish, but... The fact that he's made an Alt account kind of nulls that. If he thinks he's not all that new, then we can't let him off for being new.
For this, I'm going to VOTE: Vifam, for now.

Whatttt is this crap.

If a midget doesn't think he's a midget, is he no longer a midget? Should he then be allowed onto, say, Theme Park rides with a minimum height restriction (which he does not meet)?

Your reason for ruling out Vifam as newb(-town) is stupid and based on something completely arbitrary to the game. Try again, please.

ZeL1nK wrote:Am I the only one that read easjo's #269 and saw "I am scum" repeated about 50 times?

Spoiler: easjo #269, font colour alterations mine
easjo682 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:reading through, easjo682 first post is very sus. if you look at it. you will know it is wrong.

Is this refering to the fact that I don't think character reveal will help and therefore just get in they way?

killerjester wrote:@easjo682, you've yet to vote. Do you feel there is someone in 6 pages of talk scummy enough to deserve your vote? If not, why?

how am I meant to explain why I'm not voting for someone other than to say I don't feel anyone is sticking out as scum. This is because all of the posting thus far has come off to me like townies bickering and typical early game sheeping. The start of most games comes off like that to me. When I feel it is time I will lay down a vote, but I will not be pressured into it.

jilynne1991 wrote:You guys...I am sooo sorry, but I really need to start cutting the crap out of my life, because I'm going to a math camp soon and then I'm trying to get into a boarding school, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to leave mafiascum, sorry. I really wish I didn't have to leave everyone like this, but I really don't want to waste my summer. I know I should have thought of this earlier, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience it caused you guys.

okay this post comes off as weird as hell, mostly cause I don't like people replacing out as soon as they come under a tiny bit of pressure. Not going to use this against the new person, I'll wait to see how they act.

ThAdmiral wrote:I am of the philosophy that you should ALWAYS have your vote on someone.

Why?
I'm of the belief that I should only lay down a vote when I feel someone is deserving of it. Because it shows that you genuinly believe a person to be dodgy as fuck, when you always have a vote on someone especially if you shift it round alot it comes off wishy washy (and potentially sheepish or WIFOM)

@people in general:
can we not discuss roles when it's pure speculation, save it for discussing a claim and how likely the claim is true.

David Xanatos wrote:But.. surely a game based on identifying tells and using them to determine who is "Scum" is undermined by a "person" who has the posting habits of multiple people, especially if those people are completely anonymous? :/

meta is dangerous, people can easliy intentionally or unintentionally change it. I find you can't grab valid tells from meta
Blue: Null - wrong, but null.
Red: Scummy - trying to appear helpful.
Green: Slight-town/null - not backing down on personal views.

So you're exaggerating slightly.

It begs the question though: why are you not voting easjo?
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 am

V/LA This Weekend.
Hoppster should still be active.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:09 am

Merans, can you post examples of you sitting out Day 1? Cause you diddin't do it in Super Hero Revolution OR SEMG, both of which are Larges I've played with you in.

Rodion: Yeah, Lyncher seems fairly rare on this site.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:43 am

glowball (aka chkballin), emphasis mine wrote:Just because you start something with "with all due respect" doesn't make the statement that comes after excuseable. At least 50% of this hydra does not respond well to insults that are unjustly received. I am not attacking you, don't attack me. That being said, I am not here to speculate whether or not you could have posted more content. If you were not V/LA or did not post anything inferring you were too busy to post content, I will expect content and being hypocritical by pointing out that jily has none raised some eyebrows. Now it doesn't make jily less scummy,
it actually had no effect on my reads
. This, you pointing out a point you obviously thought was stupid, does make me question why you even felt the need to respond at all.
chkballin, emphasis mine wrote:Pinky and the Brain - Called jily out for a lack of content when at that time their own player slot hadn't brought much more, if anything, to the table besides indifference to mass claiming; null/
leaning scum

Reconcile plz.

Junpei wrote:
silverdrummer wrote:Other head did that, I didn't see the Vifam wagon at all.

so... ask him?

You two don't discuss your reads and opinions together?

TBF diddin and I aren't constantly nattering away at each other. As of this post we have 14 posts in the Hydra QT and most are one-liners.

I don't think it's paticularly of note when two heads of a hydra disagree with each other. I wouldn't expect masons to always agree 100% on everything and it's the same with a hydra: diddin and I don't agree on everything.

Zinger2099 wrote:Chevre's wall post strikes me as the kind of wall post a lurker scum would make after her scumbuddies prodded her

Elaborate on this please (
all
of it).

Leonshade's response is reasonable, so:

UNVOTE:

VOTE: izakthegoomba

Spoiler: Why
  1. Pinky and the Brain wrote:
    izakthegoomba wrote:Yeah, Vifam, are you trying to get yourself lynched or something?

I don't like this post. It feels like a "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M UNINFORMED MAJORITY LOOK AT ME ASK ABOUT JESTERS"-post.
  2. izakthegoomba wrote:Junpei, you're being almost as stupid. Do you really think we have a jester here? Come on, jason's been here two years, you think he doesn't know how how much some people HATE jesters?

Cognitive dissonance from joking about jesters and then calling people stupid for talking about jesters. Probably caused by me (correctly) calling out his intent behind his first post (see I).
  3. izakthegoomba wrote:But Vifam really sticks out like a sore thumb here, and is still a few votes off of lynching, so

VOTE: Vifam
    izakthegoomba wrote:But scum claim PRs just as often as town, if not more, right? Does it really mean anything?
    izakthegoomba wrote:<snip - nothing relevant>

UNVOTE: Vifam
    VOTE: Meransiel

The Vifam slot "sticks out like a sore thumb". He then suggests the claim is null, and then unvotes without elaboration, even though he surely should still want to lynch Vifam given that the claim is (in his opinion) null?
  4. izakthegoomba wrote:@thepersonwhoicantrememberwhoaskedmeformyscumreads I'm slightly struggling to keep up after arriving late. I will get back to you on this though.

He can't provide
    any
    scum-reads, even though he's voting for Meransiel?
  5. izakthegoomba wrote:Also, I don't really see that Chevre is that scummy.

Of all the people to randomly give a read on, Chevre, who has made just 2 posts with content? It just smacks of scum trying to look like they are providing reads without actually providing any reads at all.
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 am

chkballin wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:Reconcile plz.

...okay? It had no effect on my read, it was just a comment I maee. You are null/leaning scum for other reasons, adding harping to a null/leaning read as one of them...

You expect me to believe that in a list of reads, the comment immediately preceeding the read
is of
no relevance
whatsoever to the read
?

killerjester wrote:Should I elaborate? izak's second instance, the one where he talks down on you for suggesting a jester possibility seems like he's over-compensating for his earlier mistake. That's what really rang the scum-dar in my head.

This is a good articulation of what I had in my head.

vollkan wrote:What's "I"?

I (as in 'myself') numbered (as in 'I, II, II...') the different parts of my case. I'm referring to Part I.

@ Mod: In your latest vote count there's a mistake here:

jasonT1981 wrote:
Chevre 1 - Pappum,Nero

~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:09 am

Unvote, Vote: Zinger

He has claimed to be NOT TOWN. I don't see one good reason to not lynch him.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 am

Silverdrummer vs. Pine looks like Silver is scum tunneling his buddy Pine for towncred, we think.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:36 am

It's on Zinger.

-d
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 am

'Kay.

So.

I agree with this post... to an extent.
Spoiler: ZeL1nK #648
ZeL1nK wrote:
plj wrote:We believe Zinger should be the lynch for today for several reasons.

1. He has claimed third party, which is clearly anti-town and therefore he has no reason to help town.
2. His claimed ability of jailkeeping is bad for town. He is anti-town, and therefore his JK's will not be with the intention of helping the town. Our PRs may get blocked, and he has no reason to try to avoid blocking them because his only intention will be to fulfill his wincon.
3. His roleclaim does not make sense. He claims that the person he JK's that is his target will be roleblocked for the rest of the game, when he is supposedly a jailkeeper. Also, as has been mentioned, the chances of him completing his wincon are very slim if he is what he says he is.

1 and 2 aren't necessarily true. He does have a reason to help town (to avoid getting lynched or vigged) and his claimed ability isn't necessarily bad for town, if he's directed. Of course, it's impossible to tell (short of tracking him) whether he'd doing what we tell him to do, so it's not necessarily a good idea to keep him alive, but like... if I am mysteriously roleblocked tonight, I'm sure as hell going to be pushing for his lynch tomorrow, regardless of whether it was actually him that roleblocked me. It's actually in his best interests to work with town, because it doesn't really hinder his claimed win-con, and it means he's more likely to be kept alive.

Of course, that's assuming he's telling the truth about his role. Which I don't think he is. He's not scum, that much I'm confident about. If he is third party, I don't consider him a threat. There's the possibility he's town and this was some gambit he thought was a really smart idea, and considering it's Zinger, this is something I think is a very real possibility.

In any case, he is not a good lynch today.

While it is (imho) sound logic (about Zinger theoretically willing to work with town if third-party), I only agree 'to an extent' though - not enough to deter me from the Zinger lynch. Why?
Zinger2099 [emphasis mine] wrote:
I'm not taking this game seriously
anyway. If you think I am upset because half the town is voting me, well... I'm not even really upset at all. I just think certain players here (a lot of them) are assholes and need a reality check. And I am entitled to my opinion.
Zinger2099 [emphasis mine] wrote:
I use these forums to do all the stupid things I would never consider doing on the other forums where I play mafia
so that I can see first hand why doing that is a bad idea without screwing with my rep on the site that I take the game seriously.

The above quotations mean I find it very, very doubtful that we can trust Zinger to play to his win-con, regardless of alignment, and the best solution is to lynch him now.

If he's town, clearly he can't be trusted, and I'm expecting him to jail anybody but the person we direct him to because he can: "TROLOLOL STUPID MS.NET IS STUPID THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS ANYWAY TROLOLOOOL SERVES DEM RITE FOR BEING OVERCONFIDENT AND ARROGANT AND RUDE". So let's just lynch him already.

If he's third-party, he still pretty clearly can't be trusted. So let's just lynch him already.

If he's Mafia, he's mafia.
So let's just lynch him already.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Ok ... more food for thought ...

I've been Neighborized by two seperate players today. Both have claimed the same mechanics behind how they Neighborize.

I've come to the conclusion that it is unlikely as heck that both are Town. One may be Third Party. One may be Scum. Both might be Scum.

Discuss the ramifications ...

Disagree. It's null imo (for both, having said, I find it unlikely that both would be scum
together
).

See recently-finished Les Misérables Mafia for a fine example of why Out-Guessing Mod is bad.

Having said that, I don't know the mechanics they're claiming and it may be that the mechanics are such that it's unlikely both are town (although I struggle to think of an example which would fit this).

vollkan wrote:
Pinky wrote: I don't like this post. It feels like a "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M UNINFORMED MAJORITY LOOK AT ME ASK ABOUT JESTERS"-post.

The above argument is just weak. Jester speculation is ALWAYS dumb but rarely is it scummy - for it to be a scumtell, you have to do the sort of WIFOM acrobatics that Pinky is doing where you suppose that the person is scum deliberately acting dumb to appear town.

(This is from a while back now but) I disagree and I think you're totally mis-interpreting here.

The Jester-spec looked like a joke to me about how scummy Vifam was (LOL SO SCUMMY COULD BE JESTER), but the kind of joke that scum would make thinking it would look like a town-joke (if that makes sense).

I'm not supposing "that the person is scum deliberately acting dumb to appear town".
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:32 am

Meransiel wrote:
ZeL1nK wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Jailkeeper CAN'T be a scum role.

Er, yes it can. It's probably rarer, but I've seen it before..

Um...lol? Unless town had a rolecop, the moderator probably overdosed on opium when making the setup.

Mafia Jailkeepers are
explicitly
allowed in Mini Normals. Why wouldn't they be allowed/possible in a Large Theme?

In fact, YOU'VE PLAYED IN A LARGE THEME GAME WITH A SCUM JAILKEEPER (admittedly you replaced out, BUT STILL)

Pinky and the Brain, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3253307#p3253307]on pg 16[/url] wrote:Merans, can you post examples of you sitting out Day 1? Cause you diddin't do it in Super Hero Revolution OR SEMG, both of which are Larges I've played with you in.

Rodion: Yeah, Lyncher seems fairly rare on this site.

-diddin
Meransiel wrote:[On Page 16,] Pinky blatantly lying. Scumpoints.

That's down to fucking difference in opinion (or possibly mis-remembering), not lying.

Meransiel wrote:Don't like pinky's second-last part of the post due to relational tells. Chevre's post DOES look like the wall post a lurker scum would make. Scumpoints, invalidated if Chevre is town. However, invalidated=/= town, and his lazy vote on izak proves me right.

The point I was making wrt Zinger-Chevre was a possible scum-slip from Zinger (obviously I was trying to approach it subtly) - in hind-sight, pappums' interpretation of a town-slip is more logical.

How the hell is my izak vote 'lazy' when I made a case?

izakthegoomba wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:Cognitive dissonance from joking about jesters and then calling people stupid for talking about jesters. Probably caused by me (correctly) calling out his intent behind his first post.

I was quite obviously joking when talking about Jesters, while Junpei was not. The way I see it the two are (quite obviously) completely separate.

They aren't separate at all. If I made a (distateful) joke about how much I hated Jews but then told my anti-semitic friend that his views were stupid, that's cognitive dissonance (and hypocrisy).

izakthegoomba wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:He can't provide any scum-reads, even though he's voting for Meransiel?

Not strictly true, I just haven't put my reads into a list.

You were asked for your top 3 scum-reads, and you weren't even able to provide your top scum-read.
chkballin wrote:izak, do you have a top three scumreads? I'd like to see them if you do.
izakthegoomba wrote:@thepersonwhoicantrememberwhoaskedmeformyscumreads I'm slightly struggling to keep up after arriving late. I will get back to you on this though.

izakthegoomba wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:Of all the people to randomly give a read on, Chevre, who has made just 2 posts with content?

There was some focus on Chevre at that point. I was just making my stance known; how can that EVER be scummy?

Oooooh, nice selective quoting.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: izak

I already addressed this.
Pinky and the Brain (selectively cut section emphasised) wrote:Of all the people to randomly give a read on, Chevre, who has made just 2 posts with content?
It just smacks of scum trying to look like they are providing reads without actually providing any reads at all.

Your additional excuse of "lolfocus on Chevre" doesn't cut it, as there was equally as much focus (read: not that much) on 3IF, silverdrummer and Zinger, and
more
focus on Meransiel and LeonShade.

Zinger - why should I (or anybody else) trust you to play to your win-con (if you're town or 3rd party), given you've already made it clear you're not opposed to doing stupid things
just to see what happens
?

Spoiler: Non-Game Related: Zinger v vollkan
Zinger2099 wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Zinger wrote:
I don't care if MS.net is supposedly the best mafia forums around, the people here (and I know I am generalizing, there are obvious people here who don't fit that persona) have given me a horrible first impression of it. Just because you are a member of the most prestigious mafia forums and you've been here for years and can quote theory out the wazoo doesn't make you any better than the noob who started playing his first game 2 hours ago. I'm not just talking for myself either, as I usually don't care when somebody is a dick to me, but I can't stand watching people 'bully' others.

/disagree

This isn't strictly game relevant, but it needs to be said. If you start playing soccer, and kick the ball into the wrong goalposts, you are "doing it wrong", and any other player would be justified in getting angry at you for it. It's the same situation here. Obviously, there is a greater variety of ways that you can play mafia than many other games, but the reality is that, from a theory standpoint, certain modes of play are far superior (in the sense of likely to advance a win con) than others.

The "it's just a game" excuse really doesn't wash when you take into account the fact that for those of us who have a serious commitment to this game, it can be something like three hours a day stretching over a period of months per game. Surely you can see why we get annoyed when we see a newcomer not taking the game seriously and, effectively, causing us to waste our time. It's not that the people on MS.net are more arrogant or bullying, it's that we take the game far more seriously than other sites.
/disagree

There is a distinct difference between telling someone they are doing something wrong, and being an arrogant asshole. In your soccer example, sure the teammates might be miffed that one of their team kicked the ball into the wrong goal, but they aren't going to throw that teammate to the ground and kick him and say "I don't ever want to play soccer with you again," nor will they go to the referee and say "can you kick him off the team because he kicked the ball into the wrong goal?"

That is not taking the game more seriously, that's being an asshole.

/agrees with vollkan

It's the World Cup. Player X's team has been awarded a penalty kick, and the score is 0-0.

Player X steps up to take the penalty, but decides to take it with his eyes closed to see what happens - because he's always wanted to do that, but he doesn't want to tarnish his club perfect penalty record - which is why now, at the World Cup, is the perfect opportunity. He's never really cared about international football anyway.

This is essentially your justification:
Zinger2099 wrote:I use these forums to do all the stupid things I would never consider doing on the other forums where I play mafia so that I can see first hand why doing that is a bad idea without screwing with my rep on the site that I take the game seriously.

Player X runs, slips and (in his blind flailing) only manages a weak contact with the side of the ball. The ball harmlessly wobbles out for a goal kick.

Player X's international team-mates would be COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED in getting fucking furious with him.
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 am

Not my fault that Hoppster likes spoiler tags:U.

I feel like this day is stagnating. Let's lynch Zinger and get it over with.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:12 am

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zinger

I prefer izak, but he's V/LA, and eh.

Re-reading DavidX now, as a lot of the whole DavidX back-and-forths have gone over my head a bit.
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:00 pm

For ISO purposes - DAMNIT IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT

Was doing so well as well...

Zinger2099 wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:I prefer izak, but he's V/LA, and eh.
Worst. Vote. Ever.

Seriously, voting someone for being V/LA? What the fuck.

I feel other people have adequately addressed this.
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:18 am

andrew94 wrote:@junpei: your reasoning for saying im scummy is : 'for being incoferant'. i triple explained the last point that you didnt get, and thats the only point that you didnt understand. how is that incoherant lol. sounds like your exaggerating badly
@junpei: part of your reasoning for chkballing being town is because he is an 'open hydra'. wut?
@junpei: for volkan, that reasoning is flawed. the last game i played with him he used the system and he was scum.

david and junpei looks suspicious posting walls one after the other.
@david: i have solid reads
@david: im not tunneling heavily on chkballing. i also have other suspects.

oversoul
leon
easjo
etc

Why are you suspicious of easjo when she is known for having a nearly ZazieR-level flake rate?

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:05 am

ThAdmiral wrote:Who's hopster? I like his post though (964).

Hoppster is a head (this head, in fact) of this hydra, and that was an example of me hydra-failing. Usually I realise I've done it straight away and am able to correct it in the post immediately after, but this example was late at night and I only realised the next morning.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Pinky-Hop wrote:David is right that MoI posted elsewhere, but MoI is right that it's not scummy in the faintest.

No, he isn’t right. He claimed I posted 6 times elsewhere between those two posts. As I demonstrated I only posted twice. It can’t be any more clear cut than that.

>>

You eventually both agreed on the whole "2 posts after initial post, then following the accusation of 'dodging', a further 4 posts (in other games)". That's what I'm talking about.

@
Nero
: I Ctrl+F'd 'Zinger' in your ISO, and I found very, very little. The third party claim (although now retracted) has been one of the main events of today - why is it that you've had so little to say about it?

@
Chevre
:
Chevre wrote:Zinger2009 has claimed a third-party, and then tried to backtrack on that claim. He engulfed this in emotional and foolish play. He is my top suspect; therefore, my vote is on him.
Chevre wrote:The end of silverdrummer's Post 896 is fiendishly scummy. He lists five suspects, and then proceeds to vote someone else completely, for an awful and unclear reason. It seems as though he's been caught and is trying some last-ditch OMGUS.

Unvote, Vote silverdrummer

Chevre, the fact that Zinger claimed third-party (despite his retraction) can't be erased from history - why do you think silverdrummer is a better lynch than Zinger?
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:47 am

jasonT1981 wrote:
The Fonz replaces Crappy/Pvt Slate... Sorry, thought I posted that last night.

Umm, isn't The Fonz already in this game as part of Pappum's Leather Jacket?

Sick of this day. It has stagnated from actual scumhunting to Junpei spamming the thread, silver posting the same stupid shit about Pine, and zelink telling everyone they are wrong. We should have had a lynch days ago.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:21 am

Just curious, but Junpei, do you know how to not multipost? It's really annoying to see three or four posts of yours in a row.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:30 pm

silverdrummer wrote:
--
Lastly the attitude and will of this town overall is pretty pathetic half of the votes if not more or simply on me with people giving half assed well the case on silver is good and he's gaining momentum so i'll hop on, and people are being impatient and bitching about oh there's no scumhunting while essentially doing nothing about it. Scum likes to lead the town you idiots... not saying that's occuring here but if the day is stagnating... and your town... you shouldn't be saying, Screw This let's end the day (The more information town gets... the better... you only help scum by ending the day early), you also shouldn't be saying guys this day is stagnating can we get someone scum hunting?, you SHOULD be ... i bet you guessed it by now... SCUMHUNTING... so that the day get's productive once more... it's really pathetic seeing the laziness going on right now with people (assuming you to be town) and I'd like if you actually... attempted to put effort into your wincon and help us win...
This post by diddin is esentially an example of (with exceptions) the overall town
Sick of this day. It has stagnated from actual scumhunting to Junpei spamming the thread, silver posting the same stupid shit about Pine, and zelink telling everyone they are wrong. We should have had a lynch days ago.

(Not using this as evidence of scum or town, it's arrogance if anything else and rubs me as null and lazy). He bitches about the stagnating day. States junpei spamming the thread (possibly true... and you fail to see that he's possibly doing this as a scum gambit to stagnate town.. yet don't do shit about it), me posting the same stupid shit about Pine (UNTRUE, while I am reminding people of pine, I have been questioning people and getting reads on others and have Obviously moved my views to another if you even bothered to put in effort), and zelink telling everyone they are wrong (Untrue, he's stated his reasons... yet you more or less respond dhurp your dumb and wrong... what are your reasons again)
You guys HAVE to pick your game up or we are just gonna get wiped off the floor, either replace if your not gonna bother putting effort into the town win-con so we can get people who possibly can or you know... put in some fucking effort
[/rant]
But seriously this town needs to pick it's game up... it's sad that a lynch is being spoken of when there are 3 weeks left... downright disgraceful even. I'm more than happy to be the lynch over zinger... but lynching me before August 9th/10th/11th just doesn't go at all to town's advantage.

Bullshit. You have done nothing to scumhunt and you are telling others to scumhunt harder. All you do is talk about how Pine is scum just because he pissed you off in an old game. You're even deflecting any accusations of going under the radar directed towards anybody in this game with HEY JUST LOOK AT PINE. It's not scumhunting. The last lines are just appealing to emotion and trying to lead the town. Protip: You don't have to wait until the deadline to lynch. People aren't scumhunting anymore because there have been cases presented, but we can't choose a bloody lynch. There is no reason for this day to go longer than it needs to. Personally, the deadline is too long. It's been more than two weeks and we still have three weeks? WAAAY too long.

unvote, Vote: silverdrummer

My other head was right about you. Zinger can wait.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:23 pm

silverdrummer wrote:
-Pink / Diddin
OMGUS... I simply used your quote because it was the closest to what this whole town is doing. Your taking personal insult to it which just proves me further right. Read my posts, read my questions to people and responses, read my thoughts on nero and others, you can call it absolute shit if you want but your blatently lying by stating i've just been SOLELY on Pine this whole time. I never said wait until deadline to lynch but you get a shit load more info if you wait a few days before it. If you think the deadline is too long... there's a forum called marathon that you should look at which may suit your... attention level more.
Agree or diagree, more posts and more views on people enhance your read on people?
(You already have to answer agree.. had I not posted what I did then you wouldn't be reading me as scum and omgusing)
Lastly again your stating the deadline is too long... you just state this as personal preference... so i have to ask... why... reasons please.

Fail accusation of OMGUS... you yourself said that what I said wasn't indicative of alignment. Why would I have to OMGUS you if you aren't expressing suspicion? Do you think I'm stupid?

And deadlines be damned, sometimes days just need to end. There has been a shitload of activity in these past 2 weeks and most games don't have a
FIVE WEEK DEADLINE
, so you don't have to mudsling and tell me to go play Marathon. I've said this so many times, but we're really getting nothing out of this day. You can say "WE CAN GET MORE INFO," but really, how much info have we gotten in the last few pages? How much MORE info would we get with a lynch right now?
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:23 pm

above post is mine

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:46 pm

diddin wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:-Pinky... cause I'd think the Brain would actually read stuff..

Do you not know how to post without making a personal attack?

silverdrummer wrote:(Not using this as evidence of scum or town, it's arrogance if anything else and rubs me as null and lazy).

Actually, Hoppster and I agree and have agreed for a while that your tunneling on Pine SCREAMS scum with inside information.

silverbullet wrote:Newbie games have 3 week deadlines, This game has a full month... not five weeks (unless he extended it unknowningly) so hey look it's actually only one more week than newbie games. (More talk of this is stupid and gets us nowhere so cease and desist on that)

If if is a month deadline, then you LIED when you said we had three weeks left.

silverbullet wrote:You see that I flip town, my words are true, and hopefully actually listen to what I said. But why rush it when I can try to at least carry this town for a bit and attempt to get one or two more solid reads.

You aren't "carrying this town" and it's extremely arrogant to say that you are. And, as it turns out, lots of the town that you're carrying think you're scum. And if you flip town, it won't necessarily make your reads correct.

Well fuck.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:43 pm

silverdrummer wrote:-Nero
In regards to your claim in 1142 that your whole case was written throughout your other posts... that's a lie.

Not a fan of Silver head's reactions to Junepi in 927/930
This was never mentioned in your first 15 posts.

He's lied twice
This was also not addressed as an issue (There was a post where you lightly accused me once but never a second time) in your first 15 posts.

I think this whole hydra disavowence thing is really really scummy.
This like the above were also not stated in your first 15 posts.

--Everyone
Nero asks this
And why was it so important you have a full fledged case on you?

This question... should never be asked by someone ESPECIALLY someone who wants you lynched. A full fledged case obviously helps both the person trying to push a wagon and possibly the person trying to dissuade themselves from being wagoned. Why? Because it pushes information out for the town to analyze, others can fully see why you believe this is a good choice, it also gives the person who you have the case on to try to justify themselves and dissuade said "facts" that you present. If it isn't clear cut then people tend to just ignore it or glance over it which helps neither party. The fact that you question why I'd ever want the case on me just proves your motivation to push a mislynch mired in disinformation and a hope to declare no responsibility for it. I'm now cemented on my read on you for this and I greatly thank you for it.

--
(Caps simply so it doesn't get glanced over)
IF I AM AT L-1 EVEN IF YOU ARE DIEING FOR THIS DAY TO END AND YOU WANT TO HAMMER, FEEL ABSOLUTELY FREE TO
STATE
THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO HAMMER BUT
DO NOT HAMMER
UNTIL I HAVE MY LAST WORD (WHERE I SUM UP EVERYTHING READS ETC) IF SOMEONE HAMMERS ME BEFORE I DO THIS, HE'S SCUM.
--

Lastly the attitude and will of this town overall is pretty pathetic half of the votes if not more or simply on me with people giving half assed well the case on silver is good and he's gaining momentum so i'll hop on, and people are being impatient and bitching about oh there's no scumhunting while essentially doing nothing about it. Scum likes to lead the town you idiots... not saying that's occuring here but if the day is stagnating... and your town... you shouldn't be saying, Screw This let's end the day (The more information town gets... the better... you only help scum by ending the day early), you also shouldn't be saying guys this day is stagnating can we get someone scum hunting?, you SHOULD be ... i bet you guessed it by now... SCUMHUNTING... so that the day get's productive once more... it's really pathetic seeing the laziness going on right now with people (assuming you to be town) and I'd like if you actually... attempted to put effort into your wincon and help us win...
This post by diddin is esentially an example of (with exceptions) the overall town

(Not using this as evidence of scum or town, it's arrogance if anything else and rubs me as null and lazy). He bitches about the stagnating day. States junpei spamming the thread (possibly true... and you fail to see that he's possibly doing this as a scum gambit to stagnate town.. yet don't do shit about it), me posting the same stupid shit about Pine (UNTRUE, while I am reminding people of pine, I have been questioning people and getting reads on others and have Obviously moved my views to another if you even bothered to put in effort), and zelink telling everyone they are wrong (Untrue, he's stated his reasons... yet you more or less respond dhurp your dumb and wrong... what are your reasons again)
You guys HAVE to pick your game up or we are just gonna get wiped off the floor, either replace if your not gonna bother putting effort into the town win-con so we can get people who possibly can or you know... put in some fucking effort
[/rant]
But seriously this town needs to pick it's game up... it's sad that a lynch is being spoken of when
there are 3 weeks left
... downright disgraceful even. I'm more than happy to be the lynch over zinger... but lynching me before August 9th/10th/11th just doesn't go at all to town's advantage.

ffs

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Unvote Vote: Zinger

Jesus where's Hoppster to post a wall when you need him?

Also, My Little Pony shit is the cancer that's killing the internet.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Rainbowdash wrote:Now, because of the mindset thing I spoke of, we have to throw out D unfortunately. The thing is though, even Zinger would know enough not to change what his role actually is if he was town to the extent where it doesn't look like a standardized role format. What I can see is him being some wierd third party lyncher-esq role, or mafia goon. Each of those fits the bill of not knowing if roles are flavored or not past the character name, since they would presumeably have the same flavoring as vanilla town. So Zinger is scum also caught now for making up an aspect of his role, and continues to be scum for scum. Lynch him now.

Okay. So explain to me how he claimed this flavour:
Zinger2099 (emphasis mine) wrote:I am a reformed criminal. After being hit by a car and my wife leaving me for another man I discovered the value of Karma, and decided to change my life by making a list of things I needed to do to atone for my past behaviour.
It doesn't really explain why I am a jailkeeper.

@ ThAd:
Who's scummier, Silver or David?

@ Leonshade:
Reads on izak and DavidX please.

@ Silver:
You never thought to check yourself whether Pine was being replaced in other games?
~ Hoppster (LOOK NO SPOILERS)
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:16 am

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok, I missed his serious claim. I only saw his lol jk ones. I really don't like this guy, but is it possible he's a jester?

No. Jesters are explicitly banned from this set-up via the Mod.

Where does it say that?

In the signup thread, I believe.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:18 am

I just find it funny that about 25% of the posts in this game are either Junpei or DX.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey Rainbowdash can you tell me who you're an alt of so I can proxy my hatred of you to them too? The last thing this game needs is fucking pony pictures.

-diddin

Satisfied with the lynch.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:06 am

Junpei. Tracker report now.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:17 pm

All we need to do is wait for vezo to confirm/deny that Junpei is a lying scumbag. Withholding our vote until then.

-diddin, who also made the last post by this hydra.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 am

Junpei, in his 4th post of the day (after being prodded by diddin for his tracker report) wrote:I don't know if
[my tracker report]
is something I should out or not, it could be -EV town.

Junpei:
Why did we have prod you to say this? Why didn't you bring this up at the beginning of the day ("Hey, guys, help me out - should I reveal my tracker report or not?")?

izakthegoomba wrote:Given the state of things righ now, I'd be fine with a Silver lynch, though I want to look into it a bit more before I place my vote.

However, Junpei's reasoning for the track target is flimsy at best. Plus, from what I've heard, Vezok is a regular VI.

@Vezok I know this has been said already, but do you know if Junpei is lying?

Also, I'm waiting on this whole neiborizing thing MoI has going on.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, izak:
Spoiler: izak's scum-post paraphrased
izakthegoomba, paraphrased, wrote:Hmm, I'd better avoid taking any clear stances - don't want to get caught up in any scummy contradictions I might make!

I've got a feeling that both silver and Junpei could potentially both have large wagons, so I'd better give myself a way to wriggle onto them at a later date - I don't want to commit now, otherwise I could get caught up in a scummy contradiction! I'd better see how things play out.

So how should I give myself a way onto their wagon without overcommitting myself? Hey, I know! I'll make vague attacks which don't actually provide any analysis or reasoning!

"Given the state of things right now"
- heh, I'm a genius! That makes it look like I know what's going on without me actually having to provide any analysis!

"reasoning... is flimsy"
- oh, man, that is bulletproof. Rock solid. There's no arguing with that. I've used an adjective that is very indicative of scum, therefore I don't need to provide the logic or thought process behind it!

Huh, but that post is too short. Let me fluff it up a little more.

I know, I'll pretend I'm scum-hunting by parroting other people!

Oh, but they might realise that I'm doing that... I KNOW! If I acknowledge that I'm parroting other people, I can't possible be called out on it! GENIUS!

I'll end with a reminder that I know just as little as everybody else
(*wink*)
. Heh heh heh. I'M JUST SO GOOD AS SCUM!

VOTE: silver

Read these posts:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3282802#p3282802]silverdrummer[/url] (ISO #50) wrote:Simply going to say this.

1. I'd rather me than zinger
2. Why are people aiming for a lynch... with 3 weeks still being left before deadline...
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3284558#p3284558]silverdrummer[/url] (ISO #51) wrote:-To why u > zinger people
Zinger would be more beneficial then me in a few ways and I still think he's a VI to

Then read through the rest of his ISO from that post, paying paticular attention to how he
doesn't protest
as the Zinger wagon builds up.

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3290566#p3290566]silverdrummer[/url] (ISO #63) wrote:Alright Pine is dropped from the list, I initially assumed (seeing him posting in marathons and such) that he was purposely avoiding this game and solely this game. Obviously I was incorrect to say the least. Though I still fully believe it was productive in some ways.

Diddin's vote puts Zinger at L-2.

Stop ninjaing me!

This post is of paticular note - he notes the Zinger wagon is at L-2, yet despite previously expressing views that he is a better lynch than Zinger, he doesn't put up any resistance as Zinger is lynched.

Between ISOs #63 and #64, Zinger was placed to L-1 very clearly, but silver neither acknowledges nor fights against it.

His main account ISO also lacks any vehement protests.

Spoiler: tl;dr (copy + paste)

Code: Select all

[unvote][/unvote]
[vote]silver[/vote]

Obvious scum "lynch me!"-gambit yesterday is obvious.

izakthegoomba wrote:@MoI well, now that you've outed him, I can totally see what you mean. I am still leaning towards silver more, but is there anything in particular that makes Andrew very scummy?

HEY MOAI I AGREE THAT ANDREW IS SCUMMY

WHY IS HE SCUMMY THOUGH

/fence-sit

izak, scum-reads please, pronto.
~ Hoppster
(spoilers, duh)
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (isolation #41) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Junpei wrote:
killerjester wrote:
I don't like this post. Yes the case on him exists, and it's very merit-able. But I'd consider voting him for this bit alone. Considering how suspicious everyone finds him, I feel he's harboring his vote by placing it on Nero. With the classic, "Just following my D1 play!" as his sole excuse.

Why do you single out Silver?

ThAdmiral doing it
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p3306413

Hiplop doing it
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p3306566

Rodion doing it
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p3306594

Leonshade picking up on his list from yesterday
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p3306984

Pappums post has nothing to do with Chevre, but votes her from voting her day 1
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p3307108

drmyshotty doing it
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p3309514

The only people with reasoning behind votes (well, new reasoning presented today) is Rainbowdash and Castle Bravo.

It's too bad a Junpei lynch is off the table, because oh man this deflection post is golden.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:09 pm

ALIGNMENTS ARE RANDOMIZED YOU FUCKS. That means that there can damn well be two Town Neighborizers. Hell, there could be two mafia neighborizers.

unvote, Vote: izak

More likely scum than Silver imo.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:09 pm

shit, that was diddin. so is this.
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Mod wrote:Character alignment will be randomly generated so anyone can be scum or town regardless of their on-screen persona (see Super-hero Large theme, Superman being scum) This is done to stop outguessing the mod and determining alignment based on role name.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1673 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:46 pm

chkballin wrote:
Castle Bravo wrote:Let's lynch rodion. He's scummy.

Not lynching Rodion right now, not a threat.

:confused.com:

izakthegoomba wrote:I've looked over this again, and with MoI's info, I think that andrew is scummier than silver.

VOTE: andrew

well hello thar scummymcscummerson plz2be answering this kthx
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 am

chkballin wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:
chkballin wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:
@chk - Thoughts on Peregrine, oversoul and Banshee?

None of those three would be my choice lynch for the day.

Lets go beyond "not my top lynch choice" here.

I see no reason to. I am not going substantiate a lynch for people I don't see as threats for the day. What was the ultimate goal of that question?

I
CANNOT
be the only person who read this, and went
"LOLWUTUTALKINGABOUTFOOL?"

You don't gauge people based on how 'threatening' they are (which is completely illogical from a town mindset anyway), but on their likelihood to be scum.

What counts as a 'threat'? How are some people more 'threatening' than others?

People are either scum or town (or possibly 'non-threatening third party' as alluded to w/r/t the Zinger situation, whatever).

Scum are a threat.

Town / 'non-threatening third party' are not a threat.

There are no degrees of 'threat' - degrees on how likely people are to be a threat, perhaps, but no degrees on how much of a threat players (presumably scum) are.

Players do not become threats overnight (in a non-bastard game), so how can players be 'not a threat for today'?

A player who is a threat will be a threat regardless of which day it is (semantically speaking, it's arguable that for example an odd-night SK may not be considered a threat on an even-night, but as an anti-town prescence I would still consider that player a threat).

Castle Bravo
: Have you checked out izakthegoomba this game yet?
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Rodion's urgent posting of Meta without request is townie. He's showing he has nothing to hide.

Oversoul is chronically lurking in this thread and claims to be on vacation, yet has posted like 230 times before his last post? Bullshit, he's lurking scum.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1852 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:56 am

CB is probably scum, the tunnelling on townRodion is ridiculous.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1985 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 am

izakthegoomba wrote:@Junpei yes.

@ThAdmiral but you would still lynch me as a second choice? What have I actually done wrong? I know I've not been most useful but I don't see anything of mine as especially scummy, so please enlighten me.

ohai i remember u
Pinky and the Brain wrote:
izakthegoomba wrote:I've looked over this again, and with MoI's info, I think that andrew is scummier than silver.

pay paticular attention to the bit where i aks 4 ur scum-reads which u promisd in ISO #10 but over 1600 posts later have mysteriouzly not arrived! amirite?

We support (in varying degrees) all the top 3 wagons atm, however having discussed briefly with diddin I would put our hydra's
overall
preference order as (in descending order of preference): {izak, andrew, silver}.

Moar ppz shud check out dis c00t izak-wagon.

Meransiel on izak
-
LOL HE ALWAYS IS DIS SCUMMY AND USELESS :D

Meransiel wrote:Actually, that is just goomba being goomba.
Meransiel wrote:This is, again, the way izak normally plays.
Meransiel wrote:Again, izak is unreadable courtesy of his stupidity.
Meransiel wrote:we ALL agree that izak is scummy and useless, we ALL condone his death
Meransiel wrote:Stop talking about izak. Just ignore him, God damn it, there's no point.

V.S.

Meransiel on shotty
-
OMG HE IS SCUMMY AND USELESS LET'S LYNCH HIM D:

Meransiel wrote:Ok, this style of posting from you needs to stop.

Vote: shotty
Meransiel wrote:@shotty: The kind of posting where you give your input and nothing else without justification and reasoning, the kind of posting where you don't ask questions, yes.
Meransiel wrote:Shotty is scum. 'nuff said.

I don't understand the difference. Please enlighten me.
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (isolation #50) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:35 am

EBWOP: Small thing, but apparently it's been less than 1600 posts for the izak thing. Make that over 1500 posts later. >_>
~ Still me
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (isolation #51) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11 am

Shotty is probably trolling. Merans's logic for attacking shotty but not izak is, well, shoddy. An Izak scumflip would out a Merans lynch number one on my priorities.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2000 (isolation #52) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:14 am

Slight disclaimer: The below post
may
contain parts which contain snooping on a level that some people consider unfair (not me!)

Pinky and the Brain wrote:Merans's logic for attacking shotty but not izak is, well, shoddy.

It's shoddy and shitty - and when you mix those two words, you get
shotty
!
teehee words r fun

izakthegoomba wrote:I'm pretty sure shotty's reputation is more widespread than mine.
^^ This a million times.

Meransiel wrote:Also, I didn't play with shotty before, so I wouldn't know.
The implication being you knew nothing of his playstyle/history...

Meran: firstly, links to completed games with izak plz.

Secondly, you've seriously not heard about shotty's reputation on this site?
<---- SCEPTICAL

So, sceptical Hoppster went about a-snooping, and:

Given your posting in F62* [people clicking the link should change the options at the foot of the page to sort by Forum rather than Post Time] (not specifically referring to any post yet but rather the fact that you post and therefore browse F62), I verrrrrrrry much doubt that you were unaware of the general site perceiving his play in a negative manner (after all shotty-related drama has cropped up more than once).

Most damning was this paticular post:
drmyshottyizsik [snippet of [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3183071#p3183071]OP[/url]], in a thread titled '[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18020]Maybe My Last Thread[/url]' wrote:So as a lot of people may know I may be perma's today :/, and while I don't agree with that choice, if I step back and look at my original ban I notice two things. First is that it wasn't that bad of a ban, and the second is that I deserved it. I broke site guidelines and I was an ass whole in general. I'm sorry to the entire site...

[...]

...and until I feel comfortable posting here again, knowing that I won't blow up or rage or insult someone for the hell of it, I am gone. Thank you MafiaScum for all of the fun you have brought me over the last year, but on my scum day I must leave. Good bye.

So, basically, either there was this person announcing his departure and you thought it'd be :LOLFUNNY: to tell him to fuck off despite not knowing anything about this person('s negative perception on-site) - or, more likely, you certainly did know about shotty's site-rep (hence :FUCKOFF:), and therefore
your strong implication that you knew nothing of shotty's playstyle is bullshit

*Those of you with no F62 access: firstly, LOL U+; secondly, I've included the most relevant quotes so you don't miss out. Just take my word for the rest of it.

+I'm sure you'll work out how to access it if you try enough
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2001 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:18 am

Damn forgot to add this last bit. >___>

izak: how the hell did you see my post to respond to Meran's insults of you but then NOT see/answer my request which is now being repeated for a third time?

Spoiler: HERE IT IS YET AGAIN
izakthegoomba wrote:@Junpei yes.

@ThAdmiral but you would still lynch me as a second choice? What have I actually done wrong? I know I've not been most useful but I don't see anything of mine as especially scummy, so please enlighten me.

ohai i remember u

pay paticular attention to the bit where i aks 4 ur scum-reads which u promisd in ISO #10 but over
1500 posts later have mysteriouzly not arrived! amirite?
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2075 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Castle Bravo wrote:
Rodion wrote:This is actually L-1 if you consider Shotty unvoted Silver and voted Andrew.

I agree that a lynch is not good until we get some explanations from Shotty, so UNVOTE: Andrew for now.

FISH HARDER, LITTLE SCUMBAG

FISH HARDER

TUNNEL HARDER, LITTLE SCUMBAG

TUNNEL HARDER
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2077 (isolation #55) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:48 pm

He's scum caught in his own vortex of FailLogic.

-diddin
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2088 (isolation #56) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:45 am

Meransiel wrote:To anyone who may be fucking around: I didn't say I don't know about shotty's reputation. I said I don't know about his playsyle.

I inferred it on the premise that the basic logic below shows you to be a lying scumbag, and you would deny being a lying scumbag, so for efficiency I skipped the step where you refute the below logic on the basis that "I DIDN'T KNOW HIS REPUTATION" (which you strongly implied anyway, as the below logic is common sense).

So you know this guy has a reputation for being terrible/derpy-to-the-max.

You see him playing terribly/derped-to-the-max.

Your conclusion? LOLSCUM.

Yeahhhhhhhh,
realllllly
?

Yeahhhhhhh,
no

Try again.
~ Hoppster
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (isolation #57) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:54 pm

I love how JUNPEI of all people is trying to lead the town.

unvote Vote: Oversoul
Botched claim, scum. CB is trolling, quite possibly scum. I'll accept DMSIS town for now.

-diddin

Rodion wrote:
Junpei wrote:Is it cool if someone links me all of Oversouls current games? I don't mind bending the rules a bit if it won't get me mod killed. That is unless sifting through his games and "coming to the intuitive conclusion that he's telling the truth" is a mod kill.

I'm on that already. I believe he is referring to Toy Story Mafia and I've already PMed Scott Brosius to see what kind of information he's allowed/willing to give me about Oversoul.

THAT'S ONGOING AND OVERSOUL ISNT IN IT SO NO
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2263 (isolation #58) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 pm

FourseenCircumstance wrote:VOTE: fourseencircumstance

What the fuck are you doing
Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Pinky and the Brain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2279 (isolation #59) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Nero Cain wrote:Oh look. Castle is playing like he did when he was cult.

unvote;vote: Bravo

If there's a cult in this game...

I swear to God you will see the Dugtrio in our avatar come out of the ground in shock.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”