VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:39 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Okay everyone, I prefer to start things off with a questioning phase instead of random votes, as random votes lead to random OMGUS and random suspicions that are otherwise very pointless and very avoidable.

1) What are your thoughts on No Lynch as a policy?
2) How do you feel about lynching inactives?
3) How lurky is lurky to YOU?

My answers:
1) I believe that it can be in town's best interest to No Lynch on day 1, but almost never after. If leading up to the first lynch we feel like there isn't enough suspicious activity to warrent lynching someone, I feel the subtraction of the small chance of actually hitting scum is worth the benefit of absolutely NOT hitting a townie. After day 1 though there's typically enough information (with the night-kill factored in) to get a really GOOD lynch candidate d2 and beyond.
2) I'm almost universally against lynching inactives. Inactives are more often than not bored townies. They're townsfolk who are generally jaded from receiving Vanilla Townie AGAIN. In my experience, it's not uncommon to have a lurking mafia member, but they'll generally come out when called out.
3) This question is a little weird for me to answer. Firstly, I've accused of lurking in a few games. Sometimes I'm waiting on a certain person to respond to a certain post. Sometimes I'm waiting on something to happen. Sometimes I'm just not around. So it looks like I'm lurking...but the fact of the matter is that I'm a pretty active player and will ultimately get my say in eventually. Because of this, I tend to give a lot of leeway to lurkers. I can understand the play-style. But because I do it as mafia AND town, it's more of a null-read for me, and as I said before, I'm almost universally against lynching inactives.

How about the rest of you?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:21 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

:o .... :(
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:52 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Should I assume that you think my questions are scummy? If so, why answer them?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

@IH
Well, it was intended more as 'I'm asking these particular questions now so that I don't have to ask them when they come up'...but I see what you're getting at. You think that I'm trying to find out how much inactivity/lurking I can get away with. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what the tolerance level is. The questions were designed to extract information from people, not just from the answers but from the tone of response...and the subsequent votes, in your case. I like the responses so far.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

jilynne1991 wrote:It's not scummy to ask question, but you the reactions like the OMGUS is more likely to lead to a scumslip than asking questions.

Anyways, as for a personal preference, I do like RQS more, don't ask me why, I don't know, I just know I like it better.

1) You're not going to find me voting "No Lynch" unless we're at MYLO. I don't understand why you would no lynch on the first day. Any information is helpful.
You just made you're way to being the first person on my scum list.

2) I'm going to agree with your logic on this one, simply because you'll never find me lurking as mafia. I may very well be inactive as town, because quite honestly, it's as boring as he--.

3) If you got a prod, or I've see you online at least 3x without posting, I'm voting you.

So because you disagree with me, I must be scum. Delightful, I'm sure we're going to get along just fine. /wrist

No, the reason I feel No Lynch is viable in that scenario is because lynching someone based on no scummy behavior gives no information. All it does is diminish town's number by one...and then another at night. If there's no clear candidate, then there's no information to be had from the flip. Sure, there's a 2/9 chance that we'll hit scum...absolutely. But there's a 7/9 chances of hitting a townie that would otherwise be alive to soak up the night-kill that night. And the night-kill gives just as much information if not more than the lynch in that scenario, because then the 1-2 power-roles will have time to do their work. Speaking of power-roles, with no clear lynch candidate there's a 1-2/9 chance of hitting one of THEM as well with a lynch on d1.

The fact that it's an option at all means that there's a reason it's in the game. It's not just an option to give you something to suspect people with.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Yes, Jazz, we get it...you were in a game with Jilyenne before. Perhaps you could expand on your comment...maybe, explain why it gives you Deja Vu for the rest of us who weren't IN that game...instead of appearing to buddy with her right off the bat by sharing a little inside chuckle?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Guy, calm down. If that sounded...bitter? I don't even know how it came off as bitter...it wasn't intended. Was simply pointing out the suspicious nature of your post. I'm not "starting shit", and I'm as loose as can be. How about YOU chill out and play the game a little?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:...Well, I was going to explain later why I'm having Deja Vu, but fuck it.

And for the record, I don't care if you explain it or not...was simply asking because I was interested. The fact that you're not willing to share is telling, especially when anyone can just go READ the game in question and find out for themselves. It's like you're leveraging information you don't control, and I don't like it.

At any rate, don't take anything too personally. I'm a pretty playful guy...I'm just....trying to feel out the crowd I guess. Clearly you don't like to be messed with, and that's cool. We're about to find out how Jilyenne likes to be poked. I'm about as far from asshole as one can get...but I also don't like to be messed with. ;)

I'm just playin the game, man. Just playin the game.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Dude, it's going to be a long day if you just don't like me for no reason. I was absolutely NOT being an asshole.

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:Don't worry, I'm here now. Let the bold notes of jazz accuse the mafia as we work to unravel the mystery of this murder.
/coolentry

Anyway, let me be the first to bring us into the RVS.

VOTE: Jilyenne1991

Because I can.

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:Yeah, I see you magna. Also for some reason I thought you and Jily were in my last game but now I remember you were in a game with me 2 games ago (for me at least).

So yeah.

jilynne1991 wrote:Hi DCJ
waves

VOTE: Magma of Illusion cuz i feel like it

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:Jilyenne's latest argument is giving me intense Deja Vu.

Literally 50% of your posts allude to being in a game with Jilyenne...it was meant to be a joke. Jilyenne even confirms it. My post was meant to point out the fact that yes, we've established that you were in a game with her before...and her post obviously reminded you of something that happened in that game. But rather than just call you scummy for withholding information, I did ask. No, I didn't say please. I'm not your fucking kindergarten teacher. We're here talking about who we're going to hang to death. Excuse my lack of niceties :P But I DID ask you to expand on your answer. Which you then refused to do. So no, I won't be LEAVING YOU ALONE...but I'll go read the game myself since it's such a big deal.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

For anyone who's interested, the content of DCJ's nod to Jilyenne can be found in 1110. Apparently in that game Jily was playing scum and suggested no-lynch near the end of the game. Which is funny, because I in no way suggested no-lynch, nor did I say that I'm for it aside from the one very specific circumstance I laid out. In context, it isn't really the same circumstance.

This was all right before DCJ ragequit because he felt a couple people were being 'assholes'.

Now I'M starting to get deja vu. DCJ, I'm really not trying to single you out, but this is a game of suspicion and you can't take offense to every little thing someone says to you that isn't 'By golly, you just must be the towniest town around'. People are going to suggest that you're scum even if you're not. You can't let it bother you man...that's what this game is about. I know you're shitty now, but I wanted to nip this in the bud RIGHT here. I may say some things you disagree with. I may even get a little frustrated if you repeatedly ignore points I make. DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY SIR PLEASE GOD. This is a game. I'm playing it too. We're all here to have fun. Now, I'll thank you to quit calling me an asshole. I'm not one. That is all.

I still haven't heard from Verydark on my little survey. Your input is invaluable sir.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:18 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Coventry wrote:Eyes, I’m sorry but now I am beginning to feel a little discomfited by your behavior.

When I played Mafia regularly I often saw scum identify players who they believed were easy to push into fits of bad behavior and ride them until that person became an inevitable (mis)lynch. I just saw it again, in the very first game I replaced into.

Another thing I am generally suspicious of is what seems like a deliberately false or misleading case.

First, literally 50% of DarkCoffee’s posts had not alluded to being in a game with jilynne. Two of five posts had as of the first time you brought it up. Three of nine posts had at the point where you made the claim, the third because DarkCoffee was answering you.

This wouldn’t bother me a lot except that you listed DarkCoffee’s random vote for Jilyenne as part of your list of his posts that “allude” to having been in a game with Jilyenne before, as well as his two posts which actually did.

So I have two questions for you, if you would be so kind as to answer them:

You have clearly read a game in which DarkCoffee was provoked into quitting as town. So do you believe that provoking him in the way you have (and please don’t claim that you weren’t, because no simple search for information requires you to tell someone you’re not their “expletive kindergarten teacher”, for just one example) is beneficial to town? If so, please explain in what way.
First of all, I'd like to attest AGAIN that I was NOT singling him out or provoking him. If I'm not allowed to get a mite defensive when someone REPEATEDLY calls me an asshole, I don't know what to think. I'm NOT an asshole. I'm AWESOME! :D What I was doing in my ORIGINAL post regarding Dark was prod him for information he neglected to share with the rest of town (why he got deja vu over her response to my no-lynch answer). He took it as me outright accusing him of buddying and got immediately defensive as a result...to the point of calling me an asshole 3? times...and being very disrespectful in the process. When in reality, I was ONLY after information..which was made apparent from not only the posts in question, but the posts following where I actually relay my metagame findings to the rest of town. I admit, the kindergarten teacher line might have been a tad over the line, but he'd made it clear that he's just NOT interested in anything I had to say, and I found that to be not only closed-minded, but very immature. I wanted to let him know that while I'm not going to single him out and bully him out of the game, I'm not going to walk on thin-ice so to speak when I post about or to him. Add to that the fact that he'd been calling me an asshole, and you get my defensive response, expletive and all.

What was your thinking in producing the list of quotes that accompanied your “literally 50%” accusation?
"literally 50%" wasn't literal at all, but an exaggeration designed to prod him into sharing with the class...which he refused to do. The posts were selected as a demonstration, not to be taken as any sort of proof of any sort of accusation. I was not accusing him of anything, and I wasn't trying to build a case against him based on those posts. Those posts were selected because they involved both he and Jily, and were meant to show that it was obvious at that point that they'd been in a game together, and that he had information that he wasn't sharing. That's all.

Thank you for any answers you provide.
My pleasure! :D
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:53 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. You’ve basically asked three Game Theory questions that have no ‘right’ answer per se. What scum-hunting can spring from this? I see you later use the word ‘tone’ as something you appear to think can be used to find scum. Please explain this also.

The questions were designed to force anyone who answers them to take an early stance on common grievances people have with others leading to calling them scummy later in the game. Tone is also helpful to that end. For example, say someone is VEHEMENTLY against active lurkers, but suddenly in the middle of d3, PlayerX is very obviously actively lurking. That's a contradiction/inconsistency that deserves mention. Obviously circumstances are going to be subjective, but the premise is sound. I'm forcing them to say one thing so that later if they act differently, we can reference these answers.

2. What sort of Mafia background do you have / what sort of games did you play previous? Did you come from an environment where scum-hunting was very Power-Role heavy?

I learned to play mafia on the Team Liquid forums, where the games generally follow a 48hr day / 24hr night cycle...so the games were ever-so-slightly faster-paced. But you appear to be asking if I come from EpicMafia :P I've played on EpicMafia, but I found it to be full of trolls and I HATE how no-lynch is THE policy d1 (specifically because they're so dependent on PRs to do the heavy lifting.)

3. If you are Town your responses give scum every indication that they can lurk and generally under-perform and get away with it. Any reason why you would specifically give this information away immediately as Town?

I was just trying to answer my own questions honestly. If scum want to try and lurk to victory, I invite them to try...most everyone who's posted so far appears to know better. I'm not going to SPECIFICALLY call out people if I don't see a response from them every, say, 24 hours...but I'm also not going to turn a blind eye to people who appear to be ACTIVELY lurking either. I volunteered this information to the town in the vein of transparency.

Please explain the following –

1. How in a 12 player game with 3 scum are the odds of randomly hitting scum is 2/9 and not 3/12?

I'm simultaneously playing a Newbie Game...forgive my mix-up. This wasn't an intentional mistake designed to mislead town, if that's what you're implying :P

2. Do you believe that no scum-hunting via dayplay is possible Day 1? I can show you many examples of scum lynched Day 1 based on dayplay and not Power Roles.

No, I don't believe that we won't see any scumhunting day 1. Do I think it's possible that we won't be able to come to an agreement about who to lynch, to the point of there being no clear lynch candidate? Absolutely. Is it likely? Probably not. You seem very concerned about people depending on the power roles doing all the work...which speaks to me that you yourself have EpicMafia background where that is RAMPANT. I can assure you, for my part, I don't need permission from a power-role to find someone suspicious. I'm willing to use any advantage we have over Mafia, as they've got the GREATEST advantage by default...but no, this game is about interactions, logic and behavioral analysis. PRs are just a part of this.

You may have tripped on of my personal scum-tells. I eagerly await your response.

Viscera wrote:Yes, Jazz, we get it...you were in a game with Jilyenne before. Perhaps you could expand on your comment...maybe, explain why it gives you Deja Vu for the rest of us who weren't IN that game...
instead of appearing to buddy with her right off the bat by sharing a little inside chuckle?

I’m really interested in the bolded. I’m curious why you thought DCJ’s 27 is a buddying play. It looks to me like a note of suspicion to me at first blush.

I didn't think that. I was prodding him for information by suggesting it, but at no point did I actually think he was buddying here.

Jily was scum that game. I don’t see where you make any allusions to DCJ’s aligment in that game in 36 … you simply say that he ‘rage-quit’. I myself did dig enough to see that DCJ’s slot was Town.

DCJ's alignment was irrelevant to the discussion at the time. I was simply pointing out that he had information that he wasn't sharing, I asked him to share it, he didn't. I pointed out that Jily was scum in that game because it felt at the time that he was trying to attribute scumminess to my stance on no-lynch because Jily was scum in the game she suggested it. Yes, DCJ was town in that game...and he played a pretty good Town game for the most part. But he also got overly heated and rage-quit when a player or two pushed him over the edge.

Viscera wrote:I still haven't heard from Verydark on my little survey. Your input is invaluable sir.

Pop-quiz … you haven’t heard from me or at least 4 others (who have yet to actually post at all when you wrote this). Why single Verydark out?

Patience...one at a time sir, one at a time. I single VeryDark out first because I hate his avatar...really, who uses nothing but WORDS in their PICTURE?! I just noticed that he'd posted, but hadn't posted again. Nothing else.

Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:54 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@verydark
Get over it...with me, the writing is almost ALWAYS on the wall. :P
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:43 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Mod
I believe I should have 2 votes (IH and GenericName), and GenericName should have 1 vote (verydark) , and I should be not voting.

Yeah, I put you as voting generic instead of the other way around. Thanks!

@Generic
I also would like to hear your reasons. Voting with no reason given is super suspicious to me...even if they're "upon request".

@DCJ
Saying things like "yeah we get it" just scream "You're irritating me now shut the fuck up, idiot" to me.

This is not what I meant, and I'm pretty sure you know it. Now stop misrepresenting my intentions, as I feel I've made them abundantly clear. I'll respect the fact that you're just going to ignore me (my daughter is 3 so I understand the logic) and not address you again directly until you "forgive" me or whatever...but regardless of whether that's just your interpretation or not, I won't just sit here and let you put words like that in my mouth that I didn't say. I don't think you're an idiot, I didn't think you were being irritating, and obviously I wasn't asking you to shut the fuck up. NOTHING about your interpretation was accurate, and I think you should know that. Now, as you were.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:27 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Darkcoffeejazz wrote:Thirded

Okay, three was the magic number. I'll refrain from quoting inside others' quoted posts. I can absolutely see the argument against as valid.

Thank you. That is all.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Spoiler: nested quote
VisceraEyes wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:It's not scummy to ask question, but you the reactions like the OMGUS is more likely to lead to a scumslip than asking questions.

Anyways, as for a personal preference, I do like RQS more, don't ask me why, I don't know, I just know I like it better.

1) You're not going to find me voting "No Lynch" unless we're at MYLO. I don't understand why you would no lynch on the first day. Any information is helpful.
You just made you're way to being the first person on my scum list.

2) I'm going to agree with your logic on this one, simply because you'll never find me lurking as mafia. I may very well be inactive as town, because quite honestly, it's as boring as he--.

3) If you got a prod, or I've see you online at least 3x without posting, I'm voting you.

So because you disagree with me, I must be scum. Delightful, I'm sure we're going to get along just fine. /wrist

No, the reason I feel No Lynch is viable in that scenario is because lynching someone based on no scummy behavior gives no information. All it does is diminish town's number by one...and then another at night. If there's no clear candidate, then there's no information to be had from the flip. Sure, there's a 2/9 chance that we'll hit scum...absolutely. But there's a 7/9 chances of hitting a townie that would otherwise be alive to soak up the night-kill that night. And the night-kill gives just as much information if not more than the lynch in that scenario, because then the 1-2 power-roles will have time to do their work. Speaking of power-roles, with no clear lynch candidate there's a 1-2/9 chance of hitting one of THEM as well with a lynch on d1.

The fact that it's an option at all means that there's a reason it's in the game. It's not just an option to give you something to suspect people with.

What is this shit?

What shit are you referring to?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

First of all, I do NOT propose we no lynch. Not at all. I gave a very specific circumstance in which I would agree to a no lynch, and claimed that there probably exist others that I haven't thought of. I never said we should no lynch d1. I never said I LIKE to no lynch day 1. I said that if there's no clear lynch candidate d1 (which apparently isn't the case in this game because everyone and their mom thinks I'M scummy...whoopidydoo), I would CONSIDER no lynch as a viable option. At no point was I proposing we do it today.

As far as my reaction, I reacted under the impression that she understood what I just stated above. And understanding that, the fact that I was on her scum-list meant that she disagreed with me, therefor I'm scum. It's possible that she, like you, thought I was proposing it. That just wasn't the case at all. I was just asking questions. Which, by the way, would you care to answer the questions? You're a different player than Jily, so technically you haven't responded to them.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

*shrug*

Your refusal to cooperate has been duly noted and will be reflected on your PERMANENT record.

Anyone else want to attack me for no reason and vote for me based on nothing?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Oh, PS...

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta

For very scummily jumping on the VE bandwagon based on flimsy reasoning and refusing to cooperate in town scumhunting operations.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

I'm not misrepping anyone...your reasons are flimsy as hell. What it looks like to me is you replacing into a scum position, finding the first bandwagon that appears to have any steam and grabbing hold as tight as you can. And if you'll notice, I responded to everything you requested, so I'm not trying to 'deflect' anything either.

But hey, there's no convincing you...you already know the truth. I just hope no one else is fooled by your nonsense.

I can't wait to watch you hang! ^^ Maybe I'll bring the kids!
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
VisceraEyes wrote:I'm not misrepping anyone...your reasons are flimsy as hell. What it looks like to me is you replacing into a scum position, finding the first bandwagon that appears to have any steam and grabbing hold as tight as you can. And if you'll notice, I responded to everything you requested, so I'm not trying to 'deflect' anything either.

But hey, there's no convincing you...you already know the truth. I just hope no one else is fooled by your nonsense.

I can't wait to watch you hang! ^^ Maybe I'll bring the kids!

MY reasons are flimsy?

Your reasons for voting me are:

1) I had no reasons
2) I didn't answer your questions

1 is solved because you just admitted that I HAVE REASONS. You qualified them with "flimsy" so you recognize I HAVE REASONS.

Hence, you lied.

2 is solved by me asking the two questions that YOU JUST IGNORED.

Why would those questions help you find scum? How?

Why does me not answering them make me scum?

You have NOT ANSWERED those questions. So, that's puts a stake in reason #2 for the moment, until you sufficiently answer them.

So, let's look at the reasons you have left.

There are none. Congratulations.

Perhaps if you'd read the thread, you'll find the answer to question 1 as I've already answered it.

As for your second question, the fact that you didn't answer the questions does NOT make you scum. The fact that you replaced into the game and immediately started swinging before the BELL even rang makes you scum. The fact that you're trying to attribute every scummy trait you can THINK of to my like, 3 or 4 responses to your little charade makes you scum. The fact that you haven't read the thread, yet you still think you've found scum makes you scum. The questions are just questions. Your refusal to answer them, while telling of your motives, does not make you scum.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

By the way, you forgot OMGUS...OMGUS is a popular one, I'm surprised it slipped your mind. ;)
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Lady Lambdadelta

Actually, OMGUS is a style of attacking someone which is indicative of their inexperience in the game...and is employed by scum and town in equal parts. Feel free to apply it to my vote on you at your leisure...to the untrained eye, it certainly appears to be just that. In the meantime, as long as there isn't anything else, I'm gonna try and continue scumhunting.

What are your thoughts ooooon...oh, I don't know...verydark for starters?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

I have no idea what you just said. What I do know is that you're more interested in inventing ways that I'm scummy than you are in actually scumhunting, as made apparent by your complete lack of interest in my question. I'm keeping a tally of how many times you waste town's time. You're up to 3.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Cool, you don't agree with the way I play the game. Fine. But I don't consider those questions a waste of town's time, and several people have answered them indicating that they don't think they're a waste of time. If you could try and be a little less...angry?...with your posts.

I'm going to ask you again because you're still missing the question. What are your thoughts on verydark?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:16 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:StefanB, perhaps YOU will help me here.

What pro-town motivation comes from asking the questions I did?

Why did Viscera LIE about calling me scum for not answering his questions? What pro-town motivation was exhibited there?

As I've said, not answering the questions is NOT why you're scum. Peoples' answers to the questions are just points of reference for later in the game when the situations I brought up arise...people disappearing, stop posting, lurking...and the answers (and the way in which they answered) are going to be useful when we start looking for scummy people. People like you are going to be especially high on my radar for refusing to answer the questions, it's true...but not answering the questions does not make you scum...only suspicious. You're scum because of the reasons I've laid out in a previous post.

I haven't lied in this game once. I may have exaggerated a couple times, perhaps I use hyperbole a bit too boldly....but a liar I am not.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:26 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

StefanB wrote:Viscera: Why has Lady wasted towns time 3 times, please elaborate the point.
Your question and exspecially your answers were scummy. I am not convinced you are scum, because that would be a very bold move for scum to attack people like that.
For you question: The question that you mean that they are helpful do you mean post 47?
Viscera: Why did you ask Lady exspecially about VeryDark?

1) What is this shit? (I get that she didn't like my response. But as far as town goes its a waste of a post. There weren't even reasons she didn't like it)
2) No I won't answer your fucking questions! (Yes, she like you didn't like my questions. Why won't she answer them? Why doesn't she like them? )
3) Refusing to answer the GAME-RELATED question I kept asking (I literally asked 3 times what she thought of VD. I never got a response. She's busy attacking me.)

And that's just at the time of that post. I know you didn't like my questions, you've made that clear. The reason I asked Lady about Verydark was because we were going back and forth over nothing and I was trying to steer the conversation (HA) in a game-related direction. Clearly I failed, in spite of trying on 3 separate occasions....but that was the intention...trying to get her read on someone other than the one person she's focused on since starting the game. Tell me how that's scummy if you please.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:49 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Very well. I'll just replace out of the game since I'm so "displeasurable". I'm not scum, but in the name of not giving scum anymore information, I'm not going to claim. Good luck everyone!
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

It's already done, mod is PM'd. I hope for your sake you cut my replacement some slack...you're going to be short a townie if you lynch him based on MY actions.

Whatever. GG
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:53 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Nah fuck it...I'm not gonna replace out. I'm gonna let you guys try and lynch me. I'll defend myself, but every time I do it's scummy so there may not be much of that either.

Stay tuned!
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:58 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Splendid. Let's do it.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:50 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

My Defense of My RQS Questions

I hope this clears up some of my intentions as to why I asked the things they did for my RQS questions. A few people have called my questions anti-town, which I don't understand. The intention of these questions was solely to get information we can ALL use later in our scumhunting efforts.

1) What are your thoughts on No Lynch as a policy?

I've read several games where toward the end of a day there's no clear lynch candidate in spite of activity and cooperation of everyone in town. There are a few people with maybe a vote or two on them, but no one so blatantly scummy to everyone in town that they can agree to lynch them by majority. My reason for asking this question was to gauge peoples' views on NL Day 1 Policy. I was in no way shape or for suggesting we employ it. I disagree with it as a policy because I agree that if there's a someone scummy enough to lynch on d1, then they shouldn't get a pass because everyone decided not to lynch D1 no matter what. But there are situations where it's called for, and I do NOT agree that just suggesting it in those circumstances should be viewed as scummy. Peoples' views on the policy will hint to their views on the idea in general, which was the information I was really after. At the beginning of the game, when you don't know who you can trust, I find that disguising your questions is the best way to get honest answers.

2) How do you feel about lynching inactives?

This question was designed to get people to give their views on inactivity (how scummy it is, how they feel the mods handle it on this site, etc) before inactivity becomes an issue. That way, later in the game when someone says someone is scummy because of their inactivity, we have a baseline to gauge the honesty of their suspicion.

3) How lurky is lurky to YOU?

This question was selfish in nature, I'll admit. I leave a window with mafiascum open a lot of the time, playing WoW, LoL, SC2, whatever, there's usually a window open with MafiaScum open. I wanted to know who was going to have a problem with this right away because that's something that I'd have to change if too many people find it to be suspicious. I understand that's a suspicious motive, but I'm just trying to be honest. I enjoy Mafia and I'm eager to see what people have to say generally.

In Conclusion

I'd like to apologize to DCJ in particular for slighting his situation in 1110 because I just about fell into the same trap in this game. The crowd is tough here, and I wasn't prepared. I feel like this game in particular is more of a popularity contest than a game of mafia, and I'm one of the goth kids at this party. Clearly I've got a tough road ahead in this game with the suspicion that's on me already, but hopefully I can change some minds. I'm going to unvote Lady because admittedly my suspicions are based on her reactions to my questions, which she clearly misunderstood the intentions of. Her reasons for suspecting what she interpreted the questions to mean was very valid and I disregarded that fact last night in our back and forth. Rather than try and explain myself, I saw it as scummy and voted accordingly. The bickering only fanned the fire.

UNVOTE: Lady Lambdadelta

Thank you.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:34 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Yes, and I've since unvoted Lady Lambdadelta. And the replacing out wasn't fake...I PMd the mod, but changed my mind afterward. Why did it make you angry? Want to see me leave and replace out?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Oh splendid. GL town.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #34) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

For the record, I just got back from 2 days at Kings Island...to this. I think DCJ is town, and I think LLD is scum, and I think verydark should give DCJ a break.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #35) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

A) There was no Appeal to Emotion in that statement. You ARE a douche for not waiting for a response.
B) The fact that this bandwagon formed quickly should make you more SUSPICIOUS, not more JUSTIFIED.
C) He's trying to win. You are not. You're trying to end it early.

DarkCoffeeJazz wrote:But I wasn't about to settle for 2 or 3 weeks of getting nothing done, again.

The game is about getting as much information as you can. People posting gives FAR more information than people dying. People dying only confirms the things that people say...and when you kill someone without allowing them to speak, them dying provides NOTHING, except a reason to stroke your e-peen because "you hammered and therefor got shit done". You ARE a douche, but I think you're a town douche.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #36) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Good luck just indiscriminately killing based on who pisses you off. I'm sure that strategy is going to win you a lot of games.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:25 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

GG

Gratz Scum
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National

Return to “Completed Open Games”