The Scarlet Dagger (Challenges over... time to win POWER!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:33 am

Post by cg5 »

/in

Clarification request: Do you get to keep the Power Points from a failed bid?
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by cg5 »

It seems to me that declaring someone an "enemy" doesn't give them a particularly good reason to dislike you. At most, it just says you're scared of them, and perhaps that you don't trust them. And by the time your enemy actually is a threat to you, 2 rounds would have passed and we'd have other, more relevant things to base our trust on.
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:32 am

Post by cg5 »

Meransiel wrote:
cjdrum wrote:People aren't meant to be choosing who they are allied with.

People are meant to be choosing somebody to be on the OTHER team.

That's the point. If you want someone to be allied with, shouldn't you guys be in DIFFERENT teams?
And leave your ally's survival entirely out of your hands?
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by cg5 »

Banish Twistedspoon to Azure Asylum. Since "Twisted" and "Asylum" go well together.
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by cg5 »

That means that Cybele joins Scarlet Sanctuary if I'm not mistaken.
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:31 am

Post by cg5 »

cjdrum wrote:Wrong. You're already in Scarlet, so you have no choices any more.
That's not how I intepreted Scarlet's admittedly ambiguous instructions. Oh well, it's not like anything changes.
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:37 am

Post by cg5 »

To Chevre: I have chosen FRIEND. It is in our mutual interest if you pick FRIEND as well. If you pick ENEMY, you become a target.

If you cannot trust me, I would also agree to both pick ENEMY. Unlike most Prisoner's Dilemmas, the payoff on enemy/enemy is actually quite desirable, as it makes neither of us a target.
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:51 am

Post by cg5 »

Chevre wrote:
cg5 wrote:To Chevre: I have chosen FRIEND. It is in our mutual interest if you pick FRIEND as well. If you pick ENEMY, you become a target.

If you cannot trust me, I would also agree to both pick ENEMY. Unlike most Prisoner's Dilemmas, the payoff on enemy/enemy is actually quite desirable, as it makes neither of us a target.

I chose FRIEND too, but I would be fine with ENEMY ENEMY.
Well IMO Friend/Friend is better than Enemy/Enemy, since I predict there's going to be a decent amount of Friend/Friends, so the 1300's won't be such a target.
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 am

Post by cg5 »

Power II: The
Royal
Cloak - During this auction, each contestant may send in a bid. Whoever bids the highest will win the
Indigo
Cloak. The winner of the cloak has the option to save one of the nominees. If one of the nominees is saved, the winner of the Sapphire Glove must nominate a replacement. The owner of the
Royal
Cloak can not be the replacement.
Make up your mind?
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:09 am

Post by cg5 »

kloud1516
Executioner
Seems quite fitting...
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:06 am

Post by cg5 »

Wait, we were supposed to bid on the glove? I thought that was only after the challenge -_-
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:30 am

Post by cg5 »

cg5 - Last round, you saved cjdrum with the cloak, now, one of you will be going home, what are your thoughts on this predicament?
Basically, my strategy is now utterly screwed. I am making a last-ditch attempt to stay in, although I doubt I'll be able to win after doing this. I'm also somewhat annoyed, as I was planning to get control of the Glove, but I didn't even realise that we were supposed to bid on it (Scarlet posted "bid on glove", Espe posts "what about the challenge?", then Scarlet posts the challenge. I read that as "oops I forgot, have to do this first" (in retrospect, Scarlet would have edited her old post if this was the case) - and the whole "You will not gain these additional points until AFTER the bid for the auction (i.e., when you bid for the gloves, you can only use your current points)" spiel suggested that the auction only happens after the challenge (I suppose that simultaneity in "game time" referred to in there is different to that of real time, and in "game time" the auction does indeed happen after the challenge, but in real time they're together to save time, or something equally as confusing)).
cg5
cg5
Townie
cg5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 am

Post by cg5 »

I buy 1 lottery ticket.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”