Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vote: Batt

As a fellow junkie, ooba is definitely not lying about his results and Batt is acting an awful lot like caught scum, trying to discredit the results rather than merely refuting them.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Batt can't be the vig. He knew it was unlikely that I was culted (I think it was him). There was still another cult at the time, how could he take that risk as lying converted-vig? You following me? I don't know what he is, but there isn't any evidence that Batt was there anyway. That being said, I think ooba is town for the way he's reacted.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Battousai »

1) The term, even if, implies that the FDIC did not cover it.
2) Why would Flay even put that in there if he thought it would directly lead to hitting scum? That's mod biasness (or something similar). The whole thing is flavor for why a bank manager was killed.
3) There is nothing in the game that has even lead to the belief that there is an anti-town killing faction (who decides to kill SL, of all people)
4) I'm still not going to claim as to whether or not I went and visited anyone last night. Not until I get a consensus from the people who I feel are likely town want me to.
5) I still don't understand why Ooba is so intent in trying to lynch a killing role. Correct me if I'm wrong, but town's chances of winning is drastically, drastically lowered without any killing role in the game. Our only chance at winning then is if we correctly lynch every recruit AND Kinetic starts hitting a string of unrecruitables.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

I actually am under the impression that Kinetic is having people kill now that ABR is out of the picture...I think that it's likely that Batt is scum, not a killing role.

I also find it likely that Kinetic tried to recruit springlullaby earlier in the game and had her killed.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:21 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

populartajo

Day 1, 61 posts - (until post #61)

Not all that relevent because would be lone recruit
Attacks Yosarian
Defends CObbler
In post #19, I am townier than town
Agrees with me Chrono not recruit, buddies up later in #29
Attacks Tanarin/Darox
Attacks Herodotus

Day 2, 34 posts - (until post #95)

Starts with Yosarian vote.
Switches vote to me with "FTR, MY REASON HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KINETIC - SECRET SCUMTELL FROM DGB"
Berates my self-vote
Chainsaw-degends MLudi
Wants Tanarin/Darox to die.
Sucks up to Yosarian
Wants me dead over "contradictions"

Day 3, 46 posts - (until post #141)

Starts day quickly with vote on DGB
Attacks Tanarin/Darox
He goes after DGB, then more DGB-rage, then more and more DGB-hate.
Says DGB is scum for not wanting Tanarin/Darox dead (post #116 & #120 & 121)
Then jumps on springlullaby for being an ABR recruit. Not Kinetic, but ABR recruit.

So.

Tajo had me town on Day 1, and Tanarin/Darox as scum.

On Day 2, when Kinetic starts to frame me and go rabid, populartajo changes his stance on my alignment, but never explains why there is a change in his opinion from one day to the next.

On Day 3, both Kinetic and tajo continue theit campaign against me, believing I am an ABR minion.

Subject, but unlikely to change as I iso more:

VOTE: populartajo
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:25 am

Still need to iso:

bvoigt
Ooba
Nobody Special
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 am

Battousai, you'll kill a Kinetic recruit for us tonight.

Tomorrow, we'll lynch you.

Deal?

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Battousai »

Seraphim wrote:I actually am under the impression that Kinetic is having people kill now that ABR is out of the picture...I think that it's likely that Batt is scum, not a killing role.

I also find it likely that Kinetic tried to recruit springlullaby earlier in the game and had her killed.

Who said I even have a role? Ooba's case against me is that I won't claim and because he thinks I wasn't at the Merchant building due to Flay's flavor opening today.

Mr. Flay from 2nd post in the game wrote:here are two sample Role PMs:[/anchor]
Sample TownieYou're
Marion Trozollo
, organizer and visionary behind the River Quay Merchants Association that is revitalizing the riverfront district. After decades of neglect, your ideas and investments have brought in craftspeople, restauranteurs, and artists in numbers that surprise even you! However it has also led to the involvement of some unscrupulous characters; mobsters and petty thugs, go-go dancers and drug users. The disorder and implicit violence of these people threatens to bring your fragile recovery crashing down around your ears. Best to use your influence and intelligence to try to make sure they go somewhere else.

Win Condition:
You win when the gangsters and major criminals are dead, convicted, or neutralized.

Powers:
  • Visit
    (active, night): You may choose to 'visit' any named/numbered location on the map at Night if you wish, but you have no action or influence there. You may not converse with anyone at Night unless told otherwise.
    (in an ordinary game, you would be considered a )

Home Base:
You start and end most evenings at the River Quay Merchant's Association, #22 on the map.

Note the bold (minus home base, as I couldn't figure out how to unbold that section). There are many reasons why I may or may not have been at the bank. And for fuck's sake, why would Flay put in his flavor that "Battousai witnessed the whole thing, but won't tell police who did it." It's obvious that Flay would have SL be alone.

As I said, I won't claim until I believe it is in town's best interest (or if the majority of the people I feel are town, agree).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:47 am

bvoigt

Day 1, 42 posts - (until post #42)

Votes Chronopie.
Attacks Ludi.
Seems clean.

Day 2, 19 posts - (until post #61)

Votes Cobbler
Berates Poro and Ludi for voting me
attacks tajo

Day 3, 18 posts - (until post #79)

Votes Cobbler, obviously not influenced by Kinetic.
"I actually think Kinetic is telling the truth about another scum group."
Pretty fast and spontaneous voting Katsuki
Defends me, the Kinetic-alleged ABR recruit. Wants Katsuki to eat rope.

bvoigt does not appear to be a Kinetic recruit.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:50 am

Are there volunteers to do a day-by-day Magister Ludi iso?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:52 am

ooba wrote:Claim: Watcher - Can stalk out a location

You have other actions to claim before I believe you're not a recruit.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 am

ooba

Day 1, 32 posts

Seems clean.

Day 2, 12 posts - (until post #44)

Obsessed with tracking and location details

Day 3, 26 posts - (until post #70)

Fluff.
Unexplained Tanarin/Darox vote.
Lukewarm DGB defense
Happy to vote Katsuki
thinks I'm Tanarin/Darox cruitpal

Day 4

Pants on head

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 am

I have to take a break from the isos, will get back to them tomorrow.

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:07 am

Post by bvoigt »

Battousai wrote:Bv- Just because they were on the wagon, it doesn't mean anything, really. I would actually expect them to be on the wagon. It pushes it to lynch, then at the same time, they ignore it so they aren't really in people's mind for when they think who pushed for the mislynch.

I disagree...those who are on the wagon will still be held responsible in VCA, etc.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Batt wrote:Flameaxe unvoted right near hammer for Katsuki's claim (which he admits are underwhelming)

Question: WHO did I unvote? Answer: It wasn't Katsuki. (Assuming you're trying to make the point I think you are...) Actually, reading back on the end of the day, this comment is completely false. I never unvoted for a claim, in fact, my vote was never on Kat until AFTER the claim.

On an unrelated note, just to get it out there, my shortlist is looking like:
  • Cobble - Nothing has changed regarding this thought except three more days passing.
  • Lambda - I felt Cecily was pretty sketchy day one, but more importantly, the change in playstyle from day one to day two really stands out to me.
  • Zdenek - Mostly gut, thus the third spot. Call it more of an "honorable mention" really. I know it was mostly V/LA related, but none of his posting seems to be very memorable or substantial to me. Skimming an iso reads to me like a lot of throwing out names, with little to actually push any wagon behind the names. The few times he does commit to an opinion, it is generally a one time deal, rarely committing to any sort of vote. His posting style feels very passive to me, something that stands out to me. (Queue OMGUS claim...now).
  • Tajo - 100% gut. Not a very strong gut either. More of an irk than anything really. Will look into it further to hopefully get something out of it.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Battousai »

Hmm... looking back, it appears I must have misread unvote, vote kat as just unvote kat. So, I'll strike you from that list.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:15 am

Post by ooba »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
ooba wrote:Claim: Watcher - Can stalk out a location

You have other actions to claim before I believe you're not a recruit.
And I see no reason to claim those right now - cause none of it is directly implicates anyone - but can be useful to catch someone in a counterclaim later.

@Batt - My case on you:
- I saw a mysterious stranger with SL just before she was killed
- Wanted to check if you were with her at the bank - because if you were - you either are the mysterious stranger (or) would have flavor info about it
- Your reactions have ranged from "You're outing PRs" - "It's obviously not scum. ooba's trying to get a killing role lynched" - You're doing everything in your power to avoid claiming because you don't want the risk of being caught out by somebody else by claiming whether you were at the bank or not.

Other townies - Back me up on this - I want him to commit to an answer

Unless you think I'm a VI or a recruit - I don't see why you would oppose this ..

P-edit:
@DGB
Day 2: Role related
Day 3: The Tanarin vote is explained.

@Bvoigt on your earlier point: I didn't see the point in hammering before going on VLA.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:26 am

Post by bvoigt »

I would be in favor of Battousai claiming where he was last night.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:36 am

Post by ooba »

bvoigt wrote:I would be in favor of Battousai claiming where he was last night.

In fact, was he at the bank or is he the mysterious stranger would do?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

The problem is, if he isn't at the bank, does that make him 100% scum, because if it doesn't, we've again outed a power role for no reason (if he is one.)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:34 am

Hey Magister Ludi,

Can you iso yourself?

It would save me a lot of work. I trust your self-report.

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Well every post comes from Town, so overall, Town.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, some thoughts for the new day:

DGB is town today. Only reason I doubted her yesterday was her reaction to Kinetic's stuff, but that could have only made her a possible ABR recruit.

I don't really get what Battousai is doing. If a iffy night action was committed at the bank last night, and a claimed tracker asks you "were you at the bank last night", why would you refuse to answer? That being said, the SL kill last night was likely to be a vig kill; the scum in sucession I could kill instead of recruiting if they chose, but if they were going to do that, why SL? Also, if he's a vig, we can't afford to lynch him; our best bet of winning this game involves lynching cult recruits at day AND shooting them at night, taking them out faster then Kinetic can recruit them. If we have a lynch and a vig, and if the scum recruitment sometimes fails due to unrecrutables or whatever, we've got a good chance.

I'm also a little confused about why Serpehem asked DGB to claim, she said "I targeted someone but didn't go anywhere", and then he dropped the subject. Huh? That's not how I would expect a tracker to respond. Something weird is going on with him.

I like both the Tajo and the Darox wagona. I agree with DGB's assessment of both of their ISO's, in fact.
Vote:tajo
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Battousai »

Yos- He hasn't linked me there, he is only assuming I wasn't there because the mod flavor said SL was alone. Which makes sense as how could anyone kill SL if SL wasn't alone.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Hey Magister Ludi,

Can you iso yourself?

It would save me a lot of work. I trust your self-report.

ML is probably town. I can confirm that he jailkept me again last night.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”