Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm going to give myself a TIME OUT.

Toodles.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:39 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

ooba, the little I know about you, this is not the well reasoned ooba I have read before. This was trying to find evidence to incriminate DGB-ooba instead of Using evidence to find scum-ooba.

I can't properly respond to your case since I haven't read every thing, but it basicly is summarized in this:
- DGB has inside info (doesn't necessarily have to be cult)
- Opposite scum team wanted to lynch DGB (doesn't have to point out DGB is scum at all)
- List wishywashy. (Really don't have a clue what you want to point out)
- PR hunting (Probably a scumread?)

Seraphim's post is once again a very easy scumlurky post. While he could have said a lot more about the ooba/DGB argument, he uses a misguided town-xvart to change the suspect and justify a bad vote.
There are at least two scum in these:

Seraphim
populartajo
ooba

And since tajo and ooba are not likely to be cult together, I want a Seraphim wagon coming up.

unvote: populartajo
vote: Seraphim

Now townies, vote this scumbastard. This should be our lynch for today.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:33 pm

ConSpiracy wrote:And since tajo and ooba are not likely to be cult together...

I want to know more about this... if you could kindly oblige...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by populartajo »

hint: im not cult
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:15 pm

populartajo wrote:hint: im not cult

if not you, who is?

hint: not me

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by xvart »

Forgot to copy this from another tab earlier:
DrippingGoofball wrote:How would you know your ability failed, anyway?

In Succession I anyone who was roleblocked received a flavorful pm about being too busy engaging in illicit acts of debauchery with sluts to do their action. A couple people have claimed as such in this game.

ooba, 2580 wrote:Wow people really need to read what I am saying. I don't want him to claim where he was - I want Batt to claim whether he was at the bank yesterday or not.

Mechanically speaking, when someone visits another location (not performing an action, just going to the grocery store) do they stay there and start the day there or do they go there and come back in the same night? The other thing about your watcher results is it is unclear, based on the flavor you provided, whether or not someone at that location would be counted in the watcher totals. If he was in the bank all night would he have been seen as a visitor? This is one of the reasons I find this line of questioning ridiculous because it makes a lot of assumptions that would need to be clarified about the mechanics of the game in order for it to be significant at all.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by xvart »

DrippingGoofball wrote:xvart, comment on tajo would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frankly, I'm not excited about anyone claiming you are cult right now; but I can appreciate the pissing match that comes from people going 1v1 so based on that alone I am not willing to call him cult. I don't really see him being cult because we've seen how well it works out for cult members to try and publicly take you down.

Seraphim, 2658 wrote:I could actually believe a combined DGB-Kinetic gambit...it totally sounds like the sort of thing they would cook up actually. I don't think she's a good lynch today.

Seems like a pretty unlikely scenario, and a high risk low reward sort of way. I'm all for conspiracy theories but this one is just silly.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Battousai »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Sera

The whole interaction between ML/Yos/Sera previously made it seem like something was off. Combined with today of Sera trying to get information out of DGB, like Yos only to drop it because:

Seraphim wrote:I'm going to drop it because any meaningful results would require her to claim her target.

But he never told DGB not to claim in between, so I believe he was just trying to get information out of DGB and when DGB didn't respond with an answer, he forgot about it until called out on it.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:59 pm

xvart wrote:I don't really see him [tajo] being cult because we've seen how well it works out for cult members to try and publicly take you down.

They didn't know that yesterday. They only knew that Kinetic told them to go after me. They need to be consistent from day to day, too. They're probably quite self-conscious about that.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Really not liking the DGB wagon right now. I really don't see any reason to think her behavior makes more sense as cult then as town.

I agree that Seraph looks pretty iffy today, and like I said yesterday, I think there's a high chance he was recruited on night 2 or so. That being said, my first choice for today is still Darox; I his predecessor reeeally looks like he was culted.

Darox wrote:Yos, I don't see how I can be expected to account for a change in personality of someone I am not. I don't know anything more about his motivations than you do. They look pretty equally absurd across the board though, rather than some sudden shift on D2. I guess I can see the angle that made him want to vote DGB, but everything else is a mystery to me.

You don't see a sudden shift on day 2?

Day 1, he attacked, by my count, 6 different people (including me). He was very agressivly scumhunting, posting fairly often, and making sense doing it.

Here are some examples of day 1 scumhunting attacks he made:

Tanarin wrote:OK, there has been one thing that has been on my mind, Cobblefone's mysterious claim. (For reference post #237.) I see no reason why a townie at all would claim the one trump card we really have right off the bat for no reason at all. That same post also comes put as if he is fishing for more info on another person's role (xvart's role in this case.) Now there is a chance he is indeed assuming xvart is the same role wise as cobble, but judging from his reaction, I am not getting that at all.

Going back to the mysterious unrecruitable claim, what reasons would a town under very little pressure at all WANT to claim he is unrecruitable? If anything wouldn't he want to play really, really town and try to draw possibly both recruit attempts N1? Something really just does not add up in my mind if he is town.

Vote cobblefone

Tanarin wrote:I'm no liking how thAdmadral is suddenly changing up HOW he is calculating his list based on "weight". Notice how it basically made it so Chrono would HAVE to be lynched by his logic. This is AFTER people were deciding that xvart may indeed be a good lynch. Cult looking for a myslynch? I think so.

Unvote Vote Thadmral

Tanarin wrote:Ok it is post like xvart's last post that really make me feel like he is not part of a cult at this point. As was pointed out before, most of the main case against Xvart was the fact he was most likely a recruit choice and it pretty much has stuck all game.

Unvote

@Yos2: Ok you believe Cobbler is scum, yet you are on xvart? Still feel that is the right place to put your vote?

They all makes sense, right? Even if I don't agree with some of it, it all looks like pretty reasonable scumhunting. And that's just a few examples; he did a lot of scumhunting on day 1.

Now look at his "cases" after day 1.

Tanarin wrote:
Vote Ludi

Not to sound like a parrot, but basically what batt said is my thoughts exactly.

Tanarin wrote:
Unvote Vote Porochaz

I think the solution is pretty simple here. if Hero is lying, he is dead one way or another tomorrow. If he isn't we go from there.

He basically stopped scumhunting himself at all, and just made weak bandwagon votes based on other's logic. His posts got shorter and less meaningful, and he posted less often.

Everyone, just take a look at his posts in ISO. Remember that day 1 ended on June 14th. You can basically draw a "before" and "after" line right through his ISO on that date; it's as clear as night and day. His posting suddenly changed completely overnight, and he went from an active, aggressive scumhunter to a quiet, lurky, under-the-radar bandwagoner.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I asked DGB to claim because I keep forgetting that she wouldn't know persay where her location was or rather the location of the person she targeted.

I suppose I'm just kinda miffed that my ability basically does shit all.

Unvote
Vote: Darox
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

So the thought is:

Night 0: ????
Night 1: Tanarin
Night 2: Seraphim
Night 3: bvoigt (for me anyways)

Maybe flameaxe or tajo or someone else was night one?

~~~

I can see any of the players being cult now. bvoigt is probably my stronger read of the lot, so i'm more inclined to lynch there, but if no one else is seeing it, I'll wagon on to one of these others.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

[quote=Sera"]I asked DGB to claim because I keep forgetting that she wouldn't know persay where her location was or rather the location of the person she targeted.

[/quote]

When was this ever said?

I thought you basically claimed regular tracker, how can you say that does nothing?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Seraphim »

How could I be recruited night 2 when my "funky" play started on Day 2 where I asked Yos to claim with apparently no backing?

When the fuck did I claim regular tracker? I don't know specifically who targets what. I only ever know locations. I know where people go, which makes me a tracker I guess. But I don't know which player specifically was targeted. Also, my results:

Night 1: Yos goes nowhere
Night 2: ML goes to Dinkeldorf's Deli
Night 3: DGB goes ?????

The thing is, I don't see how my role can be used at all. If I am lynched today, I will claim where DGB went for massclaim purposes...doubt scum will kill or recruit me at this point. Or something.

Bleagh. I'm going to bed.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

It was a toss up, you played anti-town then, but if you weren't recruited, it makes sense for the cult recruiter to try and recruit in a power-role.

I mean, I don't think the argument that you seem to be making that you can't possibly be recruited night two and thus you're not a recruit is valid. Maybe the day is wrong, but I think you're more likely than not cult at this point.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Darox »

Yosarian2 wrote:Everyone, just take a look at his posts in ISO. Remember that day 1 ended on June 14th. You can basically draw a "before" and "after" line right through his ISO on that date; it's as clear as night and day. His posting suddenly changed completely overnight, and he went from an active, aggressive scumhunter to a quiet, lurky, under-the-radar bandwagoner.

Let's ignore the fact that once Herodotus claimed all scumhunting was basically quashed, and say sure, his posts suddenly dropped in both number and quality after day one. However, on day three, he drops off even further, to the point that he replaces out. Did he get recruited again for 2x lurkerscum combo? Or was he just slowly flaking out by being overwhelmed by this 100+ page game? It broke 50 pages before day one finished.

You can keep on this angle, but this is probably the last I'll say on the matter because I'm not Tanarin and this is the best explanation I've got for his actions.

DGB: I'm not attacking you. Tanarin did D3, but that's because you asked for a cult doctor D1 and then failed to deliver smashing results, so he was probably feeling a little disillusioned.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by ooba »

ooba wrote:Admiral collates list in 936. DGB comments on Chrono heading the list in 943.

@Conspiracy -
The thing with the lists is pretty simple
- DGB says she had a plan in mind
- Admiral does something which interferes
- Does nothing while it is being done - even comments on it the first time he posts it (look above)
- Then suddenly goes "Oh. This list is bad!"??

Regarding the opposite scum team - my premise is that they would rather hunt for the other team recruits.

PR hunting? Like I said - I'm not going to 1:1 as a cult recruit for a simple claim as to whether one person was in one location or not.

@xvart
I know my role and I know what I saw. I want a claim. Don't try to play my role for me.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I'd support it, but two people I think are cult support it as well (sera and bvoigt) so maybe its not the best idea.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Darox wrote:
Let's ignore the fact that once Herodotus claimed all scumhunting was basically quashed, and say sure, his posts suddenly dropped in both number and quality after day one. However, on day three, he drops off even further, to the point that he replaces out. Did he get recruited again for 2x lurkerscum combo? Or was he just slowly flaking out by being overwhelmed by this 100+ page game? It broke 50 pages before day one finished.

(shrug) Perhaps he cared less about the game because he didn't like being culted. Or perhaps he started off tactically lurking, then fell behind and eventually stopped posting.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 am

Post by populartajo »

Hi.

Im sincerely lost.

All I know is that Darox and DGB are scum together.

Im getting more and more paranoid about Hero and I dont like it.

Fin.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:21 am

Post by populartajo »

someone plz tell me all these claims because there is definitely some scumbags in the mix.
Call me Tajo.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:31 am

populartajo wrote:Im sincerely lost

Darox and DGB are scum together.

Seriously, that's all the scum hunting you're going to do?

Tunnel on me (I do approve of Darox tunneling though) and LOOK AT NO ONE ELSE???

You are so culted.

I can't believe you're not dead yet.

Your cultmates aren't bus'ing, are they...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:32 am

populartajo wrote:someone plz tell me

YOU DO IT

YOU LAZY CULTHEAD

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Second Vote Count of Day Four:

Darox - 5 (Lady Lambdadelta, populartajo, bvoigt, Yosarian2, Seraphim)
bvoigt - 3 (Herodotus, Magister Ludi, xvart)
populartajo - 2 (DrippingGoofball, Darox)
DrippingGoofball - 2 (ooba, Cobblerfone)
Seraphim - 2 (ConSpiracy, Battousai)
Bunnylover - 1 (Nobody Special)
Flameaxe - 1 (Zdenek)
Zdenek - 1 (Flameaxe)

Not Voting: Bunnylover

With 18 voters present, it will take 10 votes to lynch.
Retired as of October 2014.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Nobody Special »

So. I need to re-examine something, look at something else, and stop tunneling. [/useless]

This game feels stalled, somewhat.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”